BBC Punditry

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Just thought I would put my bit in here, as someone who lives south of the wall. 

I couldn't enjoy my season ticket privileges and as I wouldn't pay for a "weegie" stream or go on a dodgy stream on my laptop, my options were limited to BBC Punditry.

When my son came through to tell me we had equalised (via the reports on his phone a whole 90 seconds before my license fee provider) I awaited the high pitched BBC excitement to say the league leaders had conceded a last minute goal and the only unbeaten team in Scotland would remain so............................... but alas nothing. 

The bland reporting and disappointment of Mr Thomson informing us that his watch had let him know rangers had conceded was embarrassing to say the least. However, GIRUY ya rangers/hibs W**k, suck on that, your Edinburgh team had a meltdown on their newly installed big screens and your soap dodging west coast 6 year old new incarnation crumbled (sorry I couldn't help myself)!

BBC Scotland is neither unbiased nor impartial, so if any BBC pundits are looking in and would like to argue otherwise that Scottish football can be taken seriously..................... then please contribute!

Just wanted to get that off my chest!       

14 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Thought the BBC open all mics was good today. Especially in Perth 

Thoughts on these goals?  🤣

letsmakesomenoise
25 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Just thought I would put my bit in here, as someone who lives south of the wall. 

I couldn't enjoy my season ticket privileges and as I wouldn't pay for a "weegie" stream or go on a dodgy stream on my laptop, my options were limited to BBC Punditry.

When my son came through to tell me we had equalised (via the reports on his phone a whole 90 seconds before my license fee provider) I awaited the high pitched BBC excitement to say the league leaders had conceded a last minute goal and the only unbeaten team in Scotland would remain so............................... but alas nothing. 

The bland reporting and disappointment of Mr Thomson informing us that his watch had let him know rangers had conceded was embarrassing to say the least. However, GIRUY ya rangers/hibs W**k, suck on that, your Edinburgh team had a meltdown on their newly installed big screens and your soap dodging west coast 6 year old new incarnation crumbled (sorry I couldn't help myself)!

BBC Scotland is neither unbiased nor impartial, so if any BBC pundits are looking in and would like to argue otherwise that Scottish football can be taken seriously..................... then please contribute!

Exactly my reaction as well!

it was so low key I stopped what I was doing (wallpapering) and went over to my iPad to listen closely to make sure I wasn’t hearing things!

Absolutely shocking reporting.  They were so obviously spewing!  Disgraceful!

22 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

In a similar situation. Season ticket holder but based down south so listened to the BBC. Commentary was great on all the other games on open all mics; put across the excitement and passion very well. But very poor at the Hearts equaliser; so underwhelming that I wasn't even sure we'd scored at first. Surely 1st v 2nd on the day deserves more than this. Appreciate many of their listeners are OF fans but the rest of us certainly ain't.

Maroon tinted glasses 2
3 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Exactly my reaction as well!

it was so low key I stopped what I was doing (wallpapering) and went over to my iPad to listen closely to make sure I wasn’t hearing things!

Absolutely shocking reporting.  They were so obviously spewing!  Disgraceful!

This! I actually waited (in advance) for the euphoria of the moment......but nothing

1 minute ago, Restonbabe said:

Rangers hate the BBC. There is no love in there

But the BBC canny help themselves brown nosing both of the weegie arse cheeks. So there's definitely unrequited love.

Maroon tinted glasses 2
3 minutes ago, augusthearts said:

In a similar situation. Season ticket holder but based down south so listened to the BBC. Commentary was great on all the other games on open all mics; put across the excitement and passion very well. But very poor at the Hearts equaliser; so underwhelming that I wasn't even sure we'd scored at first. Surely 1st v 2nd on the day deserves more than this. Appreciate many of their listeners are OF fans but the rest of us certainly ain't.

I feel that being a Livingston supporter today would have been more exiting today than being a Hearts supporter based on BBC reporting 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

I feel that being a Livingston supporter today would have been more exiting today than being a Hearts supporter based on BBC reporting 

Or for a chunk of people on here 😂

I listened to Sportsound from 2 to 2.30 in the car. They spent about 2 minutes talking about the top of the table clash then spent the next 20 minutes talking about Celtic. All the usual stuff about Ange and Eddie Howe that has been done to death. No mention at all of the other 3pm games. Pretty sure most Old Firm fans listen to Radio Clyde anyway! Why can't they just talk about each game in turn with equal amounts of time given to discussing each team? It's not rocket science.

The ongoing feud between Rangers and the BBC is embarrassing. Just sort it out and move on.

letsmakesomenoise
7 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Never mind Livingston, they mustered more excitement about Kelty Hearts!

16 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Thoughts on these goals?  🤣

Shades of Miller and Hansen for the second one. Just hope Saints are this charitable when we play them.

Jambo in Bathgate
42 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

BBC are relying on Rangers stream as they are absent from live match due to stand off between the two. This means that they are getting delayed pictures as is the case with PPV. Get your point about pundits.

Maroon tinted glasses 2
1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

I listened to Sportsound from 2 to 2.30 in the car. They spent about 2 minutes talking about the top of the table clash then spent the next 20 minutes talking about Celtic. All the usual stuff about Ange and Eddie Howe that has been done to death. No mention at all of the other 3pm games. Pretty sure most Old Firm fans listen to Radio Clyde anyway! Why can't they just talk about each game in turn with equal amounts of time given to discussing each team? It's not rocket science.

The ongoing feud between Rangers and the BBC is embarrassing. Just sort it out and move on.

This! Never mind the Feud between the new Woolworths and BBC, how about some objective reporting on the actual games. Sucking up to ex "old" firm players is embarrassing to say the least   

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Well said 👍🏽

Just now, whodanny said:

But the BBC canny help themselves brown nosing both of the weegie arse cheeks. So there's definitely unrequited love.

THIS

36 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Quite. Good for them with their victory which they'll have appreciated but Rangers v Hearts was clearly the biggest match of the day. 

3 hours ago, augusthearts said:

Quite. Good for them with their victory which they'll have appreciated but Rangers v Hearts was clearly the biggest match of the day. 

Of course it was. A top of the table clash including an unbeaten team. But, according to the Metro pundits, the so-called 'Big Game' was ... wait for it ... Motherwell v Celtic (5th v 6th, if I'm not mistaken).

14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Of course it was. A top of the table clash including an unbeaten team. But, according to the Metro pundits, the so-called 'Big Game' was ... wait for it ... Motherwell v Celtic (5th v 6th, if I'm not mistaken).

Yep and Forth 1 game of the day was from Fester Road, ridiculous

2 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

Is that not just because it's an Edinburgh team at home?

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

Even they get it right sometimes.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Effie Ambrose looks older than Bill Cosby.

Didn't realise he was still playing.

Bill Cosby is still playing?? that's a big worry (allegedly)

4 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Shades of Miller and Hansen for the second one. Just hope Saints are this charitable when we play them.

Hello Russia. 

3 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Is that not just because it's an Edinburgh team at home?

Far more likely it's because Radio Forth is as Hibs bias as the local rag.

9 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Mate just go on he's goal? A don't get it lol

9 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

A bit rich with a user name like yours. :D

Anyway the BBC don't go to Ibrox, so they can't really go with bells and whistles. So I don't expect much when we go there.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A bit rich with a user name like yours. :D

Anyway the BBC don't go to Ibrox, so they can't really go with bells and whistles. So I don't expect much when we go there.

We all know they were watching a stream and the reasons why - I wonder if you actually heard Richard Foster muster a great burst of lethargy  to announce the hearts goal? He was using the tone usually reserved for describing the ball going out for a throw in at the half way line - genuinely didn’t think we’d scored -indefensible.