Grabbing an opponent by the throat.

GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You're right. It's not funny... in fact, I believe the goalpost retired shortly afterwards, and due to his experiences, now identifies as a lamppost. Scottish football eh?

In summary, it became a Gordon Petric. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Riccarton3

• Bazzas right boot

• Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

In summary, it became a Gordon Petric. 

🤣🤣🤣 harsh 🤣🤣🤣

20 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Have to agree with Levein's idea that more moneys needed to fund referees from the East coast and rest of Scotland to help prevent this.  

3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...good summation. But it's a complete joke that all our refs come from the west coast - there is definitely an argument for sourcing officials from down south or further afield...

I agree, we need better representation across the board for scottish refs, some from the east, north, south and west of the country.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣🤣 harsh 🤣🤣🤣

On the lamp post? 

I agree, it was harsh... 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Love it! ....probably more trouble coming his way but these things (dodgy uglies decisions) need pointed out more. Some of these refs are just plain embarrassing. Good on him and Graham Alexander (last weekend) for highlighting what we already know!

Probably a daft question, but I’ve not seen it reported anywhere. If this was being pulled by the compliance officer, would it normally happen the immediate week following the incident, as per Porteous? Or, is the compliance officer off to Lego Land for the October break and we will see the throat grabbing and Aribo incidents brought up next week? 

12 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Probably a daft question, but I’ve not seen it reported anywhere. If this was being pulled by the compliance officer, would it normally happen the immediate week following the incident, as per Porteous? Or, is the compliance officer off to Lego Land for the October break and we will see the throat grabbing and Aribo incidents brought up next week? 

More chance of them reviewing Davie Provan's collapse in 1984 or whenever

36 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Don't know why Neilson doesn't just reference the Compliance Officer. 

The SFA compliance officer is more rare than rocking horse poo.

Various people saying that the tackle was worse, and that the throat incident was ‘handbags’ and laughed off, and nobody was hurt. Both are arguably true, but entirely beside the point.

It doesn’t matter in the slightest that nobody was hurt. Nobody is actually badly hurt in the vast majority of on-field incidents. But if you raise your hands to another player, it’s a straight red card in any league in the world. This isn’t ambiguous, as opposed to a tackle, which can always be argued over.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

Various people saying that the tackle was worse, and that the throat incident was ‘handbags’ and laughed off, and nobody was hurt. Both are arguably true, but entirely beside the point.

It doesn’t matter in the slightest that nobody was hurt. Nobody is actually badly hurt in the vast majority of on-field incidents. But if you raise your hands to another player, it’s a straight red card in any league in the world. This isn’t ambiguous, as opposed to a tackle, which can always be argued over.

There's never anybody big enough on the outside looking  in at Scottish football. Nearest was Traynor when he had nothing left trying his one man crusade to save Rangers and started proclaiming the whole thing has been a sham for ever once he knew it was dead. Shows you how quickly folk can turn when they are out the inner circle.

You have to grudgingly admire how tight Scottish football operates. 

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

There's never anybody big enough on the outside looking  in at Scottish football. Nearest was Traynor when he had nothing left trying his one man crusade to save Rangers and started proclaiming the whole thing has been a sham for ever once he knew it was dead. Shows you how quickly folk can turn when they are out the inner circle.

You have to grudgingly admire how tight Scottish football operates. 

Could you explain your last sentence please. Admire isn’t a word I’d use to describe an organisation that turns a blind eye to cheating in the sport it controls. 

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Could you explain your last sentence please. Admire isn’t a word I’d use to describe an organisation that turns a blind eye to cheating in the sport it controls. 

Nobody breaks cover. It's impressive. Tightly controlled. Everyone that matters to them has a stake in the status quo.

As I said, Traynor's efforts were in vain and being Traynor his final attack was on the average fan by suddenly admitting, rightly, the whole set up was/is really just some form of show business/sham. 

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Nobody breaks cover. It's impressive. Tightly controlled. Everyone that mattersto them has a stake in the status quo.

As I say, Traynor's efforts were in vain and being Traynor his final attack was on the average fan by suddenly admitting, rightly, the whole set up was/is really just some form of show business/sham. 

Got you now. They certainly break cover readily either. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Got you now. They certainly break cover readily either. 

You mean 'don't'. 

I've spouted this before but if all the corruption was laid out, the defence would be 'it was all done for the good of Scottish football' because Celtic and The Rangers are the best reps for Scotland football prosperity. Media in the country would accept

this after a week of hand wringing.

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good. I do worry Robbie is going to end up with a longer ban. 

Hopefully not, but I would like to see the club get right behind him if the SFA do decide they want a fight. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

You mean 'don't'. 

I've spouted this before but if all the corruption was laid out, the defence would be 'it was all done for the good of Scottish football' because Celtic and The Rangers are the best reps for Scotland football prosperity. Media in the country would accept

this after a week of hand wringing.

Yeah I mean don’t 👍. I agree that’s the problem, the way it’s run is backed by media and they don’t want anything other than Glasgow dominance for ever more. The fact the old firm thrive without any criticism in the ‘woke’ age with barely a murmer from the press is testament to that. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I mean don’t 👍. I agree that’s the problem, the way it’s run is backed by media and they don’t want anything other than Glasgow dominance for ever more. The fact the old firm thrive without any criticism in the ‘woke’ age with barely a murmer from the press is testament to that. 

To be honest there wouldn't be any hand wringing. Don't know what I said that for! There really is a psychotic need for football to be dominated by Glasgow and Hearts esp get it tight. You saw the state some folk got in when a semi final went to Murrayfield!! 

Best thing to do is just enjoy the Hearts existence and know what they're up against.

The Rangers  player that should have been binned vs Hibs (lunge, two feet off ground, no control (no matter what anyone thinks) scored against Hearts when he should have been in the stand if I'm right in saying the Hearts game followed the Hibs one.

Edited by Riccarton3

40 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

To be honest there wouldn't be any hand wringing. Don't know what I said that for! There really is a psychotic need for football to be dominated by Glasgow and Hearts esp get it tight. You saw the state some folk got in when a semi final went to Murrayfield!! 

Best thing to do is just enjoy the Hearts existence and know what they're up against.

Was the fear of the unknown for the tims that game. Despite the numerous other advantages they enjoy, the thought of playing a match 50 miles from home had them whining and stamping their feet like unruly toddlers. Pathetic. 

I did laugh when the SFA tried to pretend that they would move Scotland matches to Murrayfield in an attempt to make Queen’s Park sell Hampden on the cheap. The Pope would turn up to work in a Sevco strip before the SFA would let that happen.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Canscot said:

A wee bit of a look of terror on Devlin’s puss😂

Our boy is scared of no one. He’s just playing his part in the Tynecastle theatre. Love his winding up of players and so far knows when to back off to not get carded

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2021 at 00:29, Barack said:

Funny enough, I was thinking this earlier on. By the way, how's life treating you over the water?

I meant to reply to you ages ago and been thinking about it for a couple of days now, so I'm going to bump this thread and do it - apologies :lol:

Enjoying it so far, the accent is... well, I would say atrocious, but I lived in Dundee for the best part of 10 years.  Although I very much am missing my fehvs, kens, and ehs.   Been having a wee explore, unfortunately at the minute I live a few minutes away from Lurgan.  Don't know anything about it other than Neil Lennon is from there, which I can't help but think about every time I nip to Tesco or go to pick up food :lol: 

New house will be ready at the start of next month, so I get to go through all the joys of moving again fairly soon, but at least I'll be on the outskirts of Belfast which makes nipping into the city a lot easier.  Itching to get to a game at Tynecastle though!!