Grabbing an opponent by the throat.

GinRummy

I wonder if other.sides will adopt this tactic. As it’s only a yellow card offence, there’s bound to be moments in the games where throttling an opposition player could be seen as a tactical foul and well worth the booking. 

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Riccarton3

• Bazzas right boot

• Alex Kintner

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

I wonder if other.sides will adopt this tactic. As it’s only a yellow card offence, there’s bound to be moments in the games where throttling an opposition player could be seen as a tactical foul. 

Not only is it allowed but complaining about it is red card offence.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

At least the pundits on sportscene highlighted it. Some precedent to set by the ref. 

Edited by GinRummy

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

At least the pundits on sportscene highlighted it. Some precedent to set by the ref. 

What was said?

Pundits will just pass it off as poor refereeing and not bias. Supporters of every club in Scotland outside of Celtic and Rangers know that is a lie. Our manager being sent to the stand for complaining about it just rubs salt into the wound.

It's stuff like that which makes it all the sweeter when you score a last minute equaliser against them.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

🙈🤣 

Incredible. It was a major incident and not a ****ing word about it. Can you imagine if Craig Halkett had choked Morelos (just for an example). Disgraceful stuff. 

Edited by GinRummy

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Are these offence able to be appealed?

Hearts should lodge a complaint re Aribo and Throatman.

Absolutely

Jambof3tornado

Bacuna served a 9 game ban once after some anger issues but he's all sorted now.

Violent conduct, ref clearly didnt see it as he'd have given a red card surely?? Where's thon compliance officer nowadays? Also if Cammie made more of aribos challenge it would have been spoken about more. 2 big decisions wrong and sending Robbie off just makes the ref look an even bigger c u next Tuesday.

If it was Kingsley doing the throttling, it definitely would've been a red card, the ref & linesmen were shocking today, Aribo should've walked, a few off sides, that never came, but Boyce off, when he was on, plus Hagi diving all game, always 11 against 12 through there.

Shocking by the officials. 

The Hogfather

Missed this at the game, but I’m assuming this is the incident that lead to Neilson being dismissed. Hard to see from our vantage point. 

2 minutes ago, rmreido said:

If it was Kingsley doing the throttling, it definitely would've been a red card, the ref & linesmen were shocking today, Aribo should've walked, a few off sides, that never came, but Boyce off, when he was on, plus Hagi diving all game, always 11 against 12 through there.

Agree with all of that except the Boyce "offside", looked off to me even with my maroon tinted specs on.

BRAVEHEART1874

the fourth official was right there and defo seen it but i suppose thats no in his job description, but getting robbie reported is 

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Missed this at the game, but I’m assuming this is the incident that lead to Neilson being dismissed. Hard to see from our vantage point. 

Yes. Neilson sent off. Kingsley booked for shoving the hun and hunny booked for strangling Kingsley. Off the ball and off the pitch.  

The Hogfather
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yes. Neilson sent off. Kingsley booked for shoving the hun and hunny booked for strangling Kingsley. Off the ball and off the pitch.  

That’ll probably rule out any retrospective action, unless they’ve changed the rule about dealing with incidents the referee has already dealt with. 

BRAVEHEART1874

boyce started offside but came back just as the ball was played, may have been correct but seemed more like a precaution just incase we dared to score ;)

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Agree with all of that except the Boyce "offside", looked off to me even with my maroon tinted specs on.

Level at worst, on side,imo,

no matter, McGregor saved it, anyhow.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

boyce started offside but came back just as the ball was played, may have been correct but seemed more like a precaution just incase we dared to score ;)

VAR would have allowed play on and check after…

#justsaying

Would likely have reviewed both potential red cards as well.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

August Landmesser
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nothing. 

They had no time to talk about it after spending so long discussing the Aribo foul.

:Aye:

Just now, August Landmesser said:

They had no time to talk about it after spending so long discussing the Aribo foul.

:Aye:

Yep, as long as they’re being ‘fair’ to Rangers then it’s all good. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2
25 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Pundits will just pass it off as poor refereeing and not bias. Supporters of every club in Scotland outside of Celtic and Rangers know that is a lie. Our manager being sent to the stand for complaining about it just rubs salt into the wound.

It's stuff like that which makes it all the sweeter when you score a last minute equaliser against them.

Its a shambles! The referees are sooo protected in this league its embarrasing, Scottish football will not move on until its regulated properly 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, rmreido said:

It’s 11 against 15 including the fourth official who saw the throttling but did nothing. 

Having watched it back this is 100% a red card, Did this get a mention on sportscene? Or was it the usual sweep sweep from the Glasgow media?

Jambo in Bathgate
4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Having watched it back this is 100% a red card, Did this get a mention on sportscene? Or was it the usual sweep sweep from the Glasgow media?

Swept under carpet. 

south morocco
58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Absolutely this. Baffling. When things like this happen, I lose more and more faith in Scottish football. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Absolutely raging, As a ju-jitsu instructor this is clearly not how you impose a strangle hold on an imponent, firstly his thumbs are in the wrong position and his stance is all wrong. totally sick of all the carpet sweeping going on here! SFPL please step in and sort this shambles out before it becomes an issue 

37 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

VAR would have allowed play on and check after…

#justsaying

Would likely have reviewed both potential red cards as well.

VAR would have probably resulted in a red card for Kingsley too. His (understandable) reaction looked more aggressive and was almost punchlike from what I recall.

Even if the ref somehow thinks grabbing someone by the throat is a yellow, he should have been booked for booting the ball away in the first instance, so still two bookings and red card.

How both him and Kingsley walked away from that whole incident with the same punishment is baffling

Just makes getting a point at Ibrox more impressive imo.

I'm one of the most positive intelligent individuals on this putrid forum and even I thought we'd get nothing playing against a decent team backed by a massive crowd and every single official.

A superb performance by the players and staff.

The Bobmeister and his players won't be lying down anytime soon 😃😃😃

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just wait till these corrupt *******s are watching it for VAR. The fun will commence. 

Exactly this - we'll score a goal at Ibrox / Parkhead and they'll wind play back until they find a 'foul' to disallow the goal - possibly even finding the foul in a match from the previous season. 

1 hour ago, rmreido said:

I was in the main stand and it looked like Kingsley pushed the Rangers player in the face. 

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

I was in the main stand and it looked like Kingsley pushed the Rangers player in the face. 

That’s what I recall too. Haven’t seen a better angle on it but thought the 4th official was going to tell the ref to send Kingsley off

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

That’s what I recall too. Haven’t seen a better angle on it but thought the 4th official was going to tell the ref to send Kingsley off

I definitely thought he was lucky to stay on but didn't see the whole incident. 

14 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I definitely thought he was lucky to stay on but didn't see the whole incident. 

I actually thought yeah he was grabbed in throat so aye red card. But as we know you can't retaliate either and it's not a valid excuse so Kingsley shoving him the face would be a red too.

So I actually thought the ref decided to just give both yellows so not to ruin what had been a fairly decent, competitive game by sending both off.

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hearts should lodge a complaint re Aribo and Throatman.

Absolutely

Can't do anything about Aribo.  The ref was clever, he booked Aribo, which means there is no avenue for any retrospective punishment to be handed down.

5 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

I was there in the away end you melt.

If you think the ref was fair you're either blind or a rangers fan

By the letter of the law its a red, more concerned about the Aribo one though, ref yards away, books him so recognises its a foul but deems a studs showing lunge at knee height only warrants a yellow.  That's just downright cheating because he knew he would be public enemy for the next 7 days.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Can't do anything about Aribo.  The ref was clever, he booked Aribo, which means there is no avenue for any retrospective punishment to be handed down.

Didn't that rule get changed ages ago? Especially for things like violent conduct or dangerous foul play?