Cammy Devlin

Chaps

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Was on the receiving end of this today, how is that not a straight red? Look how clear the ref can see it! 

3989CE37-5934-41B4-97F8-EA1006E32C84.jpeg

Thought that at the time!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• bobskeldon

• 5-1Jambo

• Riccarton3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was on the receiving end of this today, how is that not a straight red? Look how clear the ref can see it! 

If this was a hearts player, straight red

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Summed up perfectly. Our frustration as a team since I can remember was watching guys like Djoum, Bozanic, Clare, Lee all trying to command the midfield like Price and Gomis did for our championship team and going back with Brellier and Hartley. We now have two dogged midfielders who run the midfield. Beni wasn’t great today but him and cammy are the best pairing we have had in a long time

Beni hardly put in a tackle after getting booked.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Eh, you thought he looked lost?? Lad had another very good game, hagi spent his time of the park attempting to get cammie booked.

The lad will get better and better.

People see things differently.

I thought we lost the battle in centre mid today which is probably part of the reason they had 27 efforts at goal. They wandered through us far too easily and were first to every loose ball until about 70 mins. 

If it wasn't for Gordon/poor finishing from them we'd have lost that game quite easily. 

Not the best game from Devlin or Beni, in my opinion. 

Kingsley was our standout performer. 

23 hours ago, Chaps said:

Deserves his own thread.

Absolute warrior today and has been tremendous in every game so far he’s played this season.

👍

Ian Black and Gennaro Gattuso's love child.......!

11 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Utterly baffling 

Sportscene never even highlighted it.

Disgusting challenge 

Aribo is a thug 

Aye, if you’re looking in Cammy, we’ll done son, don’t ever think about changing the way you play 😎😎😎

ps the number 29 for Dundee likes a wee wind up, ask your teammates and they will fill in all the blanks 

676F65A4-A72F-481B-9556-A63E9985C154.jpeg

16 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Thought he looked lost for most of the game tbh. 

Bit better last 20 mins. 

He was very quiet in the first half. Better in the second when we pushed forward. 

11 hours ago, Fifejambo 51 said:

Yep Porteous last week got carded for having his foot over the ball. No difference with this tackle. 

43 minutes ago, kila said:

:jjyay:

I was watching on Hearts TV and all you could hear in the background was some prick screaming for Devlin to get booked everytime he touched the ball. I think these neanderthals have replaced their Scot Brown effigy with a Cammy Devlin one. 

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

I was watching on Hearts TV and all you could hear in the background was some prick screaming for Devlin to get booked everytime he touched the ball. I think these neanderthals have replaced their Scot Brown effigy with a Cammy Devlin one. 

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate Clive Tyldesley any more. His commentary on the stream I had was ridiculous. On and on and on about Devlin as if he was Terry Hurlock

11 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I thought we lost the battle in centre mid today which is probably part of the reason they had 27 efforts at goal. They wandered through us far too easily and were first to every loose ball until about 70 mins. 

If it wasn't for Gordon/poor finishing from them we'd have lost that game quite easily. 

I think we struggled in the middle as they played an extra player in there. To be fair to beni and devlin they stuck at it and helped turn the tide in the last 20 minutes or so. Both young and pretty inexperienced so bravo to the pair of them as I’ve seen far more experienced hearts midfielders go to ibrox and disappear up their own arse and go down without any fight.  

Didn’t think he had a great first half but never hid, good second half. I think both he and Beni could have done with a hand in there for the first

60 mins as Rangers were very good at moving the ball about in a big area. I am sure RN would have got pelters for it but I might have replaced Woodburn with Haring after 20 mins.

ming the merciless
15 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

My budgie is more literate than that vertical bacon sandwich faced fudbucket. 

Has to be KB quote of the year! Sterling work. 

Gordon Ramsay
13 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Didn’t think he had a great first half but never hid, good second half. I think both he and Beni could have done with a hand in there for the first

60 mins as Rangers were very good at moving the ball about in a big area. I am sure RN would have got pelters for it but I might have replaced Woodburn with Haring after 20 mins.

Not a bad shout at all. It was clear we were getting overrun in there. There was a lot of room for them in the centre of the park and they seemed to be walking through easily at times. 

No doubt Woodburn has talent but he offered next to nothing so big Pete might have been the way to go. 

We've came away with the draw so can't complain too much but much like the 3-2 game at Celtic Park earlier in the season, we could have taken a battering yesterday. 

A_A wehatethehibs
15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Needs to be a bit more streetwise with the fouls but he's a wee terrier. 

A lot of them were dives. Rangers were trying to get our guys booked. Lost count of the number of dives from Hagi in particular, and it’s quite scary to hear the bias from the commentators painting Devlin as a dirty player. Fake news. There was not 1 bit of dirty play from him. Just tenacity and fight. The reality was Devlin was beating their players to 50-50 balls on a regular basis especially late on in the game, his fitness was the best on the pitch and whenever he or Beni did nick it, the Rangers man would dive. It’s one of these ways that the fake rigged referees act as a 12th man for them because the Rangers player is presumed innocent. 

18 hours ago, sadj said:

Na @ecky92 said hes shite , hasnmt quantified why yet though

Has that scally been on again. Devlin I thought had a bit of an off day yesterday. However he still got stuck about them and showed no fear, which showed as his game improved in the second half. Absolute work horse. Great signing.

Corstorphine Jambo
14 hours ago, Fifejambo 51 said:

By the time it comes to be considered by any disciplinary panel (if it makes it that far), a couple of players will be photoshopped in between the ref and Aribo so they can say the referee wasn’t full sighted. Reality is, he had the best view in the house but chose only a yellow. Poor but not particularly surprising 

3 hours ago, Walrus said:

My Rangers supporting mate was ragin at how nippy Devlin was and how many fouls he gave away before a booking 🤣

NqEJe4A.gif

3 hours ago, Walrus said:

My Rangers supporting mate was ragin at how nippy Devlin was and how many fouls he gave away before a booking 🤣

So was the guy in the stands you could hear on the commentary. Feffing and blinding about him all game😁😁

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A lot of them were dives. Rangers were trying to get our guys booked. Lost count of the number of dives from Hagi in particular, and it’s quite scary to hear the bias from the commentators painting Devlin as a dirty player. Fake news. There was not 1 bit of dirty play from him. Just tenacity and fight. The reality was Devlin was beating their players to 50-50 balls on a regular basis especially late on in the game, his fitness was the best on the pitch and whenever he or Beni did nick it, the Rangers man would dive. It’s one of these ways that the fake rigged referees act as a 12th man for them because the Rangers player is presumed innocent. 

It's the "your not allowed to tackle us" Ibrox mentality that refs fall for.

8 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate Clive Tyldesley any more. His commentary on the stream I had was ridiculous. On and on and on about Devlin as if he was Terry Hurlock

What did he say about the tackle that should have been red? He was very vocal about Porteous. 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, 5-1Jambo said:

What did he say about the tackle that should have been red? He was very vocal about Porteous. 

Pretty much acted like it didn’t happen. 

10 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Yep Porteous last week got carded for having his foot over the ball. No difference with this tackle. 

Last week practically the whole Rangers team surrounded the referee pressurising him to send Porteous off. Maybe we could have been a bit more streetwise yesterday as we more or less got on with the game right away with little or no protests 

23 hours ago, Fifejambo 51 said:

Not even in doubt. And that is the utter sham of a 'competition' we have. 

22 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Spot on analysis. 

On 16/10/2021 at 23:22, colinmaroon said:

Beni hardly put in a tackle after getting booked.

He’ll be suspended soon. Had 4 bookings already. Devlin catching up with two in just a few games. 

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’ll be suspended soon. Had 4 bookings already. Devlin catching up with two in just a few games. 

5 yellows is a 1 game ban, that'll soon show us whether we will have the depth required this season 

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Agree with this but the speed they were pingin the ball about at, i think Haring may have been off the pace and entered the book fairly quickly.

25 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Agree with this but the speed they were pingin the ball about at, i think Haring may have been off the pace and entered the book fairly quickly.

Having three in there would have helped in preventing them moving it so quickly and made the area covered by Devlin and Beni smaller.

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Having three in there would have helped in preventing them moving it so quickly and made the area covered by Devlin and Beni smaller.

But they play their fbs high so we had option to play past midfield up the s8des, which nearly came off a bit. Swings n roundabouts in a way

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Didn't do us much good against Celtic at parkhead.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Looking back on his bookings, most  most people get away with.

Quelle surprise!

21 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Looking back on his bookings, most  most people get away with.

Quelle surprise!

The Disciplinary tool just one of a gamut of options available

16 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The Disciplinary tool just one of a gamut of options available

Yep id say 2 no way bookings. The one v Motherwell in particular was ridic

Saturdays not much in it,borderline, but other similar challenges in game from voth sides with no caution

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Didn't do us much good against Celtic at parkhead.

That must mean that you didn’t think we were overrun in the middle third for  about 55 mins? If you agree that we were (and that Woodburn playing off the left offered nothing), what would you have done or were you confident that we could a) hold out at no score until we got into the game b) simply changed the shape or c) do nothing?

2 hours ago, brux said:

5 yellows is a 1 game ban, that'll soon show us whether we will have the depth required this season 

Hopefully we are clever enough to 'manage' bookings this season so we are never without Devlin and Beni at the same time

Mr Brightside
On 16/10/2021 at 23:23, Gordon Ramsay said:

I agree thought we were getting overrun in the middle. Was thinking going to a diamond might have helped us get more of a foot in the game, similar to Celtic game at Tynecastle.

9 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

That must mean that you didn’t think we were overrun in the middle third for  about 55 mins? If you agree that we were (and that Woodburn playing off the left offered nothing), what would you have done or were you confident that we could a) hold out at no score until we got into the game b) simply changed the shape or c) do nothing?

It means what it said. We played with three centre mids against celtic at parkhead and were over ran.

On 16/10/2021 at 20:56, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Love him.

Got caught out a few times today.

Will learn and improve from it.

Great player.

Understandable since Rangers will be - by a long way - the best team he's played against. He'll have learned a lot from that game though. 

His mentality was still spot on though - getting fired in, being a wee dick and winding them up etc. I'm sure I got 7/3 on him being carded though lol. Easy money.

Edited by Batistuta87

13 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Last week practically the whole Rangers team surrounded the referee pressurising him to send Porteous off. Maybe we could have been a bit more streetwise yesterday as we more or less got on with the game right away with little or no protests 

Agreed. Although I don't like that behaviour from players, refs have made a rod for their own backs by reacting to teams that do it.