Match ratings v Sevco

Geoff Kilpatrick

8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He is technically good on the ball but needs to drive forward more rather than looking for the safer pass.

I thought he was one of two players we had yesterday who didn’t handle the atmosphere and the enormity of the game very well. The other being Woodburn. Both will have far better days and maybe they’ll be better for the experience.

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I thought he was one of two players we had yesterday who didn’t handle the atmosphere and the enormity of the game very well. The other being Woodburn. Both will have far better days and maybe they’ll be better for the experience.

Woodburn has undoubtedly got potential but doesn’t influence a match like he should.Feel he tends to slow moves down.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Woodburn has undoubtedly got potential but doesn’t influence a match like he should.Feel he tends to slow moves down.

He’s a tidy footballer with a bit of talent, but he’s lacking physicality heart and desire for me. Need to see a bit more from him given where he’s come from and how highly rated he is. It’ll come hopefully but Ginelly did more in 15 minutes than Woodburn did in the whole game.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s a tidy footballer with a bit of talent, but he’s lacking physicality heart and desire for me. Need to see a bit more from him given where he’s come from and how highly rated he is. It’ll come hopefully but Ginelly did more in 15 minutes than Woodburn did in the whole game.

Can’t disagree with that.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m still yet to decide on his actual position. He takes care of the ball well and everything he does is sharp but he’s never a wide player. Think he’s probably a 10 which is something we don’t generally play with. I’d like to see him play closer to Boyce. They both seem to be one step ahead of everyone else, but individually.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

I’m still yet to decide on his actual position. He takes care of the ball well and everything he does is sharp but he’s never a wide player. Think he’s probably a 10 which is something we don’t generally play with. I’d like to see him play closer to Boyce. They both seem to be one step ahead of everyone else, but individually.

I’m sure Robbie said that he is playing on the left of front three but has a free role to move into pockets…if that is the case he should really be affecting/influencing the matches more than he is.

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Agreed. What should be happening is that he can tuck in when Cochrane and/or Kingsley play high up, which obviously they weren’t able to do yesterday. I just thought he might have been clever enough to find a way to get involved in the game even if it was just to stop Tavernier pushing on to Cochrane 

On 17/10/2021 at 10:58, Tazio said:

Definitely. And definitely not Kingsley though he does, you don’t want one of your back three regularly charging forward leaving you with a back two. Though luckily the two of them are fairly interchangeable in terms of duties. 

I think it's one of the qualities of our particular 3-4-3 that we don't expect quite as much offense from the WBs but give free license to the CHs to charge forward. Designed to take advantage of Souttar's talents but gives Kingsley latitude too.

Given how often our CHs do it I have to assume it's part of our system rather than it just being improvised. If they have space in front of them, they have license to charge forward, and it's expected that the remaining two can cover with help from Cochrane, Beni, and Smith.

Kingsley and Halkett were our best players. Gordon too - but I’m not even surprised when he pulls off these worldy saves anymore.