Match ratings v Sevco

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gordon - 8 - Could do nothing about their goal and kept us in it. MoM

Smith - 5 - Poor performance although he was better when we switched to a four

Kingsley - 7 - Our best defender on the day with a number of key blocks. Marked down a point for an unnecessary booking

Souttar - 6 - Not his best performance. Distribution was poor

Halkett - 7 - Tapdance of the season for the goal. Fought hard throughout albeit his passing was awful

Baningime - 6 - Some nice control and touch but not his best game

McKay - 6 - Almost scored goal of the season but didn't offer much else

Devlin - 6 - Never hid and got stuck in which is to his credit on a day where he had a learning curve

Woodburn - 6 - Worked hard off the ball in the first half assigned to Tavernier but poor second half

Boyce - 7 - Worked his arse off for every scrap on a day where we had little possession

Cochrane - 6 - Solid but offered little in an attacking sense

Subs:

Ginnelly - 3 - Offered little

Gnanduillet - 4 - Should have been on earlier. His presence made the difference

Mackay-Steven - 3 - His vicious corner caused McGregor to flap :jjyay:

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Devlin 7.5 for me. Excellent 2nd half

Can't agree, more with Geoff. Love the guy but I think today was a tough one for him, great for his development. 

Gordon 8 Kept us in the game so Halketts goal had meaning.

Smith 6 Crossing could be better,  ok.

Souttar 6 Struggled first half but wad OK

Halkett 7 Extra point for goal.

Kingsley 6 Again like others poor first half but better as game went on.

Cochrane 5 As Kingsley until subbed.

Devlin 7 Wee tiger

Baningime 7 Lost first half, helped change game in our favour second half.

Woodman 5 Not a great day but was one of our better players in first half (though that was not hard)

MacKay 6 Should have scored, if he passed it and we missed he would have been criticised for not shooting, chased back well.

Boyce 5 Not his greatest.

Ginnelly 5 Was another option to aim at which helped change game.

Gnandulliet 6 Fid Well when he came on.

GMS 5 A bit more composure and he could have had a goal.

Good point, better 2nd half but first half needs a post mortem.

Neilson right to be angry at ref. We could have had a pen and 2 reds for Rangers.

Not sure how people are seeing Halkett as a 6 or 7 , thought he was great today and scored onto the bargain.. all about opinions though 

12 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Halkett MotM for me

One loose pass, everything else was consistently good.

2 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Not sure how people are seeing Halkett as a 6 or 7 , thought he was great today and scored onto the bargain.. all about opinions though 

This. 

Gordon - 8 kept us in the match, that save from Roofe alone was vital.

Kingsley - 7 thought he was solid and put in some great blocks.

Halkett - 8 was brilliant, delighted he scored.

Souttar - 7 Thought he had a quiet game but was solid enough.

Cochrane - 7 his usual standard self, Solid.

Smith - 6 thought he was OK, struggled with distribution and putting crosses in.

Beni - 7 quiet by his standards.

Devlin - 8 MoM, thought he was class, an absolute pain in the arse for the majority of the game, showed great fight and character.

Woodburn - 7 worked hard as always, needs a goal.

Boyce - 6 wasn't at his best today but didn't get the greatest of service tbf.

McKay- 8 has been a great signing, caused them a few problems with his pace today, especially 2nd half.

Subs

Gino - 5 looked ok, another who could do with a goal.

Gnando - 6 I like him, when he came on it allowed us further up the pitch.

GMS - 5 good ball in from the corner that lead to equalizer, looked up for it.

13 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Totally agree. I was all for binning him at start of season but he has been class nearly every game and completely proved me wrong. 

PhoenixHearts

Dont think its fair saying Mckay didn't offer much besides his shot.

I thought his defensive workrate and chasing back was quite good, particularly for a winger.

Gordon 8  Reassuring

Smith 7 

Souttar 7

Halkett 8  absolute rock

Kingsley 7  

Cochrane 7

Beni 7  

Devlin 7

McKay 7

Boyce 7

Woodburn 6

Gino 4 

GMS 4  Couple of great runs and a good corner

Gnando's 5 Something different

Thought the midfield left the defence exposed in the first half,(If marking at half time a few would be a bit lower) Rangers did play very well and intensely. Half time changes brought a bit of stability in 2nd half which says something for the character of the team

•  

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gordon - 8 - Could do nothing about their goal and kept us in it. MoM

Smith - 5 - Poor performance although he was better when we switched to a four

Kingsley - 7 - Our best defender on the day with a number of key blocks. Marked down a point for an unnecessary booking

Souttar - 6 - Not his best performance. Distribution was poor

Halkett - 7 - Tapdance of the season for the goal. Fought hard throughout albeit his passing was awful

Baningime - 6 - Some nice control and touch but not his best game

McKay - 6 - Almost scored goal of the season but didn't offer much else

Devlin - 6 - Never hid and got stuck in which is to his credit on a day where he had a learning curve

Woodburn - 6 - Worked hard off the ball in the first half assigned to Tavernier but poor second half

Boyce - 7 - Worked his arse off for every scrap on a day where we had little possession

Cochrane - 6 - Solid but offered little in an attacking sense

Subs:

Ginnelly - 3 - Offered little

Gnanduillet - 4 - Should have been on earlier. His presence made the difference

Mackay-Steven - 3 - His vicious corner caused McGregor to flap :jjyay:

Boyce was never a 7. Showed his limitations today, poor in possession and took an age to make a decision. 

Id give Devlin a 7 and Woodburn a 5, that aside, I’d agree. 

Result better than the performance, will take it. 👍

I'm not great at ratings but the players I thought were good today were Craigy G, Halkz, Stephen Kingsley, Alex Cochrane, Beni and Cammy. Players who disappointed were Michael Smith, Woodburn, and Boycey. 

Stephen Kingsley never seems to get much of a mention on this forum but I think he's a very underrated player. I like him a lot. 

Gordon 8

Smith 6

Souttar 6

Halkett 8 (been our best defender this season)

Kingsley 7

Cochrane 6

Devlin 7

Beni 6

Woodburn 5 (thought he did okay but Ginelly more direct)

McKay 6

Boyce 7

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Devlin, Halkett and Gordon were excellent. The rest were off it today but that can happen in Glasgow. 

Kingsley had a great game, along with Gordon were the only 2 players that turned up in the first half when the heat was on .

Gordon Ramsay

Kingsley was our best player. 

Thought centre midfield we were off it today. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Beni and Devlin stopped us being over run in the first half. Difficult to criticise players in a backs to the wall first half performance like that but the way we managed the game throughout was impressive. Just not a day for individuals so I give the team 9/10. 

Jambof3tornado

Cant believe folk are marking our players so low, do you all work for the daily record??

That was a great performance. If we'd lost 1 nil, I'd understand but we came away from ibrox with a point,not many teams will do that this season.

Libertonian_II

Gordon 8

Smith 6

Souttar 6

kingsley 7

Halkett 8

Cochrane 7

Banningame 7

Devlin 6

Boyce 6

Woodburn 5

Mckay 6

gnanduillet 4

GMS 5

Ginnelly 3

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Kingsley was our best player. 

Thought centre midfield we were off it today. 

Kingsley’s last ditch block on Morelos on the 6 yd line was sublime and saved us going 2 down…

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Libertonian_II said:

Gordon 8

Smith 6

Souttar 6

kingsley 7

Halkett 8

Cochrane 7

Banningame 7

Devlin 6

Boyce 6

Woodburn 5

Mckay 6

gnanduillet 4

GMS 5

Ginnelly 3

Seriously? I thought he was excellent.  

I think what was pleasing today was the work rate, attitude and our confidence on the ball, albeit lacking a bit of creativity in that final third. We were not at our best on the ball in terms of creating chances which is why I think some people have marked some of our players down as rangers had more of the ball. For example, it was not beni’s best game or Boyce’s but I think the reason for that was beni and Devlin were 2v3 in the middle of the park so were a bit over ran in there and boyce was isolated at times.

I know we had confidence going into this game but let’s be honest, rangers are the champions for a reason and are a very good team and actually played really well in the first half. We rode our luck came out in the second half and matched them. Yes they had a few chances but so did we and I think we deserved a draw. Don’t think we can say anyone had a bad game but there was some outstanding performances from Gordon and Halkett and also thought Kingsley was really good, as was Devlin in the second half. 

Said it before the game, there have been seasons gone by where going to ibrox, realistically you think damage limitation. You would look at our team and they would be so far off the rangers team in terms of individual quality, strength, pace, sharpness and you just wouldn’t fancy them in any one on one situations defensively or offensively. I look at this team and we were definitely a match for rangers and competed well. Our defence dealt with Morelos well, beni and Devlin were 2v3 in the middle and done extremely well in there especially considering they were out numbered. And Boyce is always a handful up top and you always have confidence that he can create a chance, get a free kick or hold the ball up.

long may this run continue! Got to believe 🇱🇻 

Gordon 8

Smith 6

Souttar 6

Kingsley 7

Halkett 8

Cochrane 7

Banningame 6

Devlin 7

Boyce 5

Woodburn 5

Mckay 6

Gnanduillet 5

GMS 4

Ginnelly 3

Edited by colinmaroon

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Should Boyce not be marked down for his tantrum which made him miss a possible goal scoring opportunity when McGregor spilled his save?

Devlin and Beni should get an extra .5 or 1 point in my opinion, despite being booked early they managed to stay in the game against a terrible ref while still putting a shift in (also despite being outnumbered in midfield).

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Can't argue with being marked down since he's a professional and should know better but at the same time I'm glad he reacted the way he did, can't be letting that manky mob lay their hands on our players neck's like that without some sort of clapback (especially since the ref did sweet **** all about it any way).

//Edit - haven't read the replies yet so apologies if the above points have already been brought up. Also realise Devlin wasn't booked early but he was under a watchful eye after his repeated "fouling".

Edited by Halliphax

Libertonian_II
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Seriously? I thought he was excellent.  

I didn’t. Baningame was the best midfielder today

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cant believe folk are marking our players so low, do you all work for the daily record??

That was a great performance. If we'd lost 1 nil, I'd understand but we came away from ibrox with a point,not many teams will do that this season.

Kind of how I feel. It wasn’t great in the first half but I wouldn’t fault anyones effort. Second half we came into it and some players  started to find their feet and the changes helped. 
Halkett after that really sloppy pass was immense though. He’s taken some flak but was great today. 

Gordon 8 -- Starting to take these for granted when I shouldn't.

Smith 7 -- Some poor crosses but strong in possession. Cleared off the line after Gordon's double save.

Souttar 6 -- Showed why we miss him, but rusty. A lot of wayward distribution

Halkett 9 -- MOM. Not just the goal, but absolutely stellar defending

Kingsley 7 -- Part of a superb defense. Did well at LB when asked.

Cochrane 6 -- Good in possession but disappeared at times

Baningeme 6 -- He's mortal after all. Rangers mid 3 overran them.

Devlin 7 -- Absolute pest. Professional fouls everywhere. Constantly broke up play. Invaluable.

McKay 6 -- His attacking moves didn't come off but he did a lot of dirty work in defense.

Boyce 6 -- McKay should have squared to him, yes, but he spent a lot of today yelling at ref and teammates. Probably asked to do too much.

Woodburn 5 -- Ran hard, tried hard, nice touches as always, but nothing came off. Needs a break.

Gino 5 -- Same as Woodburn. Made some decent moves and runs but nothing came off.

Gnanduillet 6 -- Disrupted their defenders, pulled them out of shape, played well with Boyce. Decent shot to force McGregor to save.

GMS 5 -- Showed some bravery on the ball that we'd been missing. Helped sustain the attack in critical minutes.

Ex member of the SaS

I feel Smith gets some bad press, he's better than some make out, often when pressing he has no one to pass to and has to turn back.

When you come away from Ibrox with a draw, and Rangers play very well, something was right. A few players selflessly covering spaces to deny the opposition movement.

Gordon - 9 Simply the best

Smith - 7 

Kingsley - 7 

Souttar - 7 

Halkett - 7 

Baningime - 7 

McKay - 7

Devlin - 7

Woodburn -7

Boyce - 7 

Cochrane - 7

StirlingJambo

Halkett Man of the match for me. Been our best defender this season. Really improved this season and looks like he’s playing for that contract extension.

Gordon 8. Tremendous save from Roofe

Smith 5 struggles in a pacey game where he has to defend a lot

Souttar 6 not his best but no major criticism really

Halkett 8 solid all day. Won headers all day. One wayward pass out. Extra point for the goal. Not an easy finish when you look closely at it.

Kingsley 7. Several good blocks. Did okay in general defensively 

Cochrane 4 I’ll assume stage fright but he was poor.

Beni 7 such a good footballer. Not his most influential game but had a very decent last 20 minutes 

Devlin 8 mostly for his snarling attitude from start to finish. Organised well. Got stuck in about them. Cared about the game.

Mackay 6. Couple of decent runs. He is quite quick. Should have scored of course 

Boyce 5 worked hard but contributed just about nothing in a positive sense. Missed McGregor spilling a ball he might have got to which wasn’t a good look for him.

Woodburn 4 beginning to think he’s a bit of a fancy Dan with no heart and little substance. Anonymous performance.

Gnando 6 Changed the game. Ball stuck to him. Made runs. Worried defenders. Had a shot on target. None of which Boyce managed all day.

GMS 4 okay in limited time

Ginelly 5 good run out for the last part of the game

Edited by JimmyCant

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think they are a bit low given the result to be honest.

For example, for Rangers to be on it so much in the first half but for us to be just 1 down we must have been doing something right off the ball.

Then for us to be 1 down away against the Champions and keep going to score a last minute equaliser means we must have done a lot right in the second half.

This goes down as maybe our best result of the season so far so to have mostly 6s and 7s  would be wrong marking IMO and a bit bizarre.

29 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think they are a bit low given the result to be honest.

For example, for Rangers to be on it so much in the first half but for us to be just 1 down we must have been doing something right off the ball.

Then for us to be 1 down away against the Champions and keep going to score a last minute equaliser means we must have done a lot right in the second half.

This goes down as maybe our best result of the season so far so to have mostly 6s and 7s  would be wrong marking IMO and a bit bizarre.

Our best result of the season was beating Celtic when our performance was actually poorer than yesterday. Our best performance of the season was LIvvy at home.

Yesterday was a mixed bag. Poor in possession with little threat but defended really well. And a last 15 minutes when they were blowing out their arses and we made excellent subs which changed the game for us

Tom Hardy’s Dug
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Our best result of the season was beating Celtic when our performance was actually poorer than yesterday. Our best performance of the season was LIvvy at home.

Yesterday was a mixed bag. Poor in possession with little threat but defended really well. And a last 15 minutes when they were blowing out their arses and we made excellent subs which changed the game for us

You have got to factor the opposition into your marks/scores otherwise it’s completely pointless.

Winning against Livi shouldn’t see the average scores higher than fighting back to get a point at Ibrox.

I appreciate a number of people Will want, in whatever way, to undermine yesterday but let’s be fair.

jambos are go!

I thought Kingsley was excellent and showed the value of having gifted left footed players in the team. Cochrane is another example although not as good yesterday.

19 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Halkett MotM for me

One loose pass, everything else was consistently good.

Looks to being back in decent form, very good goal , and saved us a point.

I thought it was overall a good team performance.  We were pushed back in the first half through a combination of them being good and us not quite being brave enough in possession to take advantage of our shape, but we were resolute and they didn't create much from open play in the game.

Standouts were Kingsley, Halkett and Gordon, with Devlin and Beni good in helping turn it round in the 2nd half.  

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You have got to factor the opposition into your marks/scores otherwise it’s completely pointless.

Winning against Livi shouldn’t see the average scores higher than fighting back to get a point at Ibrox.

I appreciate a number of people Will want, in whatever way, to undermine yesterday but let’s be fair.

Undermine yesterday ? How can it be undermined in any way when the 90 minutes is on record for all to see and we were a distant second best for 60 of those minutes. I wouldn’t say we robbed a point exactly but we were somewhat charmed not to be 2-3 down before we really started taking part in the game. 

3 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

I thought Kingsley was excellent and showed the value of having gifted left footed players in the team. Cochrane is another example although not as good yesterday.

He is technically good on the ball but needs to drive forward more rather than looking for the safer pass.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

He is technically good on the ball but needs to drive forward more rather than looking for the safer pass.

Cochrane I mean..

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Cochrane I mean..

Definitely. And definitely not Kingsley though he does, you don’t want one of your back three regularly charging forward leaving you with a back two. Though luckily the two of them are fairly interchangeable in terms of duties.