Kingston sent off

Skippy Doodle

No, he was booked. It's his second of the tournament so he'll miss their last game - but they're already through from what I can see.

He wasn't sent off. he was given a yellow around the 65 minute mark which meant (combined with the stupid yellow from the first game) he will miss the final group game. The manager then decided to sub him and give the guy who'll presumably play in the next match a run out.

Commander Harris
Larry sent off in last minute 2nite cos he took free kick too early:mad:

thought he only got booked - and that was about the 60 minute mark, then he was subbed. he does miss the next game as that is his second booking of the tournament.

portobellojambo1
No, he was booked. It's his second of the tournament so he'll miss their last game - but they're already through from what I can see.

Not through yet.

If Guinea beat Namibia by a couple of goals and Morocco beat Ghana then Ghana will be out, Ghana need at least a point from their final game versus Morocco to go through, assuming Guinea beat Namibia.

Carl Spackler

The match reviewers on Eurosport said Ghana were poor but even worse when Kingston went off.

Says alot for Larry.

Is it cause he's black

That's a bit obvious, he was the only black player on the pitch for Ghana v Namibia.

Interestingly, he was also praised by the commentators in the first half when he rode a potential penalty conceding tackle in the box and stayed on his feet. Good to see an honest player, they said.

The quick free kick yellow card was the same as his recent one for us, both ridiculous.

Being booked for taking a free kick too quickly has to be the most stupid rule in football. Team A breaks the rules and Team B has to wait until the referee and, by implication, Team B are ready before they are allowed to play on. You really couldn't make it up.

I've only ever see one player booked for taking a free kick too early.

I've now seen him booked twice for that "crime"

How bizarre

Being booked for taking a free kick too quickly has to be the most stupid rule in football. Team A breaks the rules and Team B has to wait until the referee and, by implication, Team B are ready before they are allowed to play on. You really couldn't make it up.

I didn't see the game.

But I guess it now depends whether the ref has 'shown' the whistle to the player?

Sure it was definitely jsut a booking. Misses the next game due to the yellow he got in the first game.

Wasn't he subbed off?

How bizarre

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say.

Football really is going to hell in a handcart if the officials keep this up!!!

its where we bide
Must be a Hearts player.

2 games, 2 yellows.

The refs are out to get him.

It's all a conspiracy.

FIFA GTF

im afraid this is exactly why he is at hearts!!

both bookings in injury time/ last min

recognise the indidscipline?

thats why we got him for ?500k

not saying bad deal, think we could make decent profit.

but thats why his value was 500k

I didn't see the game.

But I guess it now depends whether the ref has 'shown' the whistle to the player?

I agree that if the ref has shown the whistle that is the same as telling him to wait, but my point is that if the attacking team wants to take a free kick quickly, it should be allowed to do so. Any opposition players who are standing in front of the ball to stop that happening should then be booked as soon as the ball goes dead.

Bookings for failing to go back 10 yards are almost unheard of these days and yet, there is a case for 10 or 15 yellows in every game. One of the things that Elvis was renowned for at Tynie was his ability to give away fouls purely to break up dangerous attacks. This then allowed us to get back and defend. If a red card results, then there is a very definite advantge to the other team. If not, then the advantage is all with the team that has committed the foul.

On top of that, if the foul results in treatment being needed, the attacking team has to take the resultant free kick a man down!

Guest JamboRobbo

How bizarre

it's happened a few times lately. arteta of everton being one of them. it's crazy, but it is in the rules that it's a yellow card.

Archived