Impact Drivers/Wrenches

milky_26

De Walt

Makita

Bosch Pro 

All much of a muchness. 

Probably skin you 150-180 plus quid with a 18v 4.0ah Li-Ion battery, charger and box. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

im looking at this one. yes it only has 1.5 ah but i dont expect to use it lots

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allister-msid18-li-18v-1-5ah-li-ion-cordless-impact-driver/220fx

An article I read suggests you'd need at least 80-100 lbs-feet of Torque to tighten and untighten lug nuts of a wheel. 80-100 lbs-feet to Nm(Newton Metres) is approx 108Nm - 135Nm. That impact driver is capable of 100Nm of Torque max so will no doubt do the job unless they are rusted or stuck, then it might struggle but a wrench, a scaffy pole and a sledge hammer will always get them loose. 👍

Edited by Cruyff

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

An article I read suggests you'd need at least 80-100 lbs-feet of Torque to tighten and untighten lug nuts of a wheel. 80-100 lbs-feet to Nm(Newton Metres) is approx 108Nm - 135Nm. That impact driver is capable of 100Nm of Torque max so will no doubt do the job unless they are rusted or stuck, then it might struggle but a wrench, a scaffy pole and a sledge hammer will always get them loose. 👍

cheers, no they are not rusted on just bmw are now not storing winter wheels so i would rather just change them myself than find a garage to do it and no doubt get charged a stupid amount

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The big advantage of a driver is that you won’t shear lugs off if they are stuck fast. 

9 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Can anyone recommend a good but cheap impact wrench. I would mainly be using it to change the wheels on my car

Hi Lewis?

5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

cheers, no they are not rusted on just bmw are now not storing winter wheels so i would rather just change them myself than find a garage to do it and no doubt get charged a stupid amount

You know you have to tighten them by hand, after you use these contraptions? 

Just checking yer no daft. 👍