Very good Baningime article on BBC

Mid Calder Jambo

2 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

I love watching Beni play and I hope he stays at Hearts for a long time. The assumption is he will move on when an English club comes in for him but it would be great if we can keep him and Devlin for a few years.

As a Christian, it is also refreshing hearing him talk so openly about his faith in God and how he enjoys reading the Bible and living life with a smile on his face.

Religion is so often dismissed and derided in our culture but it would be great if on Kickback folks would remember that there are lots of Christians among the Hearts support as well as atheists, agnostics and people of other faiths.

Respect for other people's beliefs is a pretty basic starting point and some of the comments on this thread are pretty offensive to be honest.

What is interesting about Beni's faith is that influences both the way he plays and the way he lives his life. If you find that attractive in Beni, maybe ask yourself why a genuine Christian faith and lifestyle is something to dismiss out of hand.

Great post!

Let's enjoy the lad for all of his attributes! 

Let's also respect all of our fellow Kickback views and beliefs.  Just because they are not yours, that doesn't make them wrong, or a target for ridicule!

Our club are supposed to be trying to lead the way on the "Show Respect" campaign.  We should all lead by example on here too!

Back on the proper topic, I want Savage to go away and find Beni's mates that were 'better than him' and give them a chance too!

And most importantly, let's do The Rangers on Saturday😍

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colinmaroon

• niblick1874

• The Tackle

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

maroonlegions
29 minutes ago, Darren said:

I suspect what you enjoyed was what Beni had to say rather than how the article was crafted.

If he'd said he wanted to move on at the end of the season, would you have found that disappointing but still been effusive in praise for Tom English?

Elsewhere on this thread I've already said I think he does a reasonable enough job of interviews - this is one of his better ones - but is generally a poor broadcaster and, these days at least, not a great features writer.

Nope.

You can suspect what you like, but your sounding really arrogant ,if you think i have only read one articule by Tom English??? The one posted on this thread.

Also, on what basis, makes you think ,he is a poor broadcaster ,and not a great features writer??

As you seem to be using terminology like "features writer"  like you actually know  in what  fields of expertise  jurnos need to be great?? 

Do you have any jurno experience or just arm chair critic?? 

Beni and the rest of the team have got me enjoying football. And I would like to take this chance to thank them.

Great article, great player.

4 hours ago, The Tackle said:

:rofl:

Some don't end up laughing when on their back. Thinking is not something you do, is it 🤨

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is eligible for Scotland? (British passport)

Would be interesting to see if anyone has investigated whether this is possible.

He seems like a very unique human being, I honestly feel like there's just something different about this guy, in a good way obviously, I really hope he's right about achieving something special with us. Him and Cammy (Xavi and Iniesta) are fast becoming my favorites at the minute.

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, kjc2006 said:

Would be interesting to see if anyone has investigated whether this is possible.

5 years of residency required @ri Alban

think Scotland and England effectively treated as separate states 

But I was thinking Congo tbf. From the article it seemed he still feels a close connection there despite leaving at age 8 

1 hour ago, Zico said:

As if I didn’t love Beni enough. Mature beyond his years and seems like a genuinely great guy. 

Deep breaths for me and then hold it on Saturday right up until kick of. Until then I will think of what can go right when I can't resist thinking about it 

We have the lovable nutbar beside Beni. He has that far away look and smile that we know so well because of our very own lovable nutbar from where our new, and very own lovable nutbar, is from. 

The new nutbars, of which there are more than you would think, have a plan, a cunning plan. To begin with, the plan is to keep the plan away from Mr Smith, for a time, because, it's a lot of fun telling him the plan in the middle of the game and then running away.

You don't believe me.... keep an eye out Saturday. 

...andFulton'sBaggio
6 hours ago, Darren said:

Moving on from religion, can we tackle the important issue of overstated praise for Tom English?

He can put together some quotes from a footballer but he's still a mediocre broadcaster and an awful features writer these days.

Beni comes across very well.

My praise for Tom English was in COMPARISON to the usual sh*te we are served up by the Beeb and other outlets. It should be the norm, but it sadly isn't. 

2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Some don't end up laughing when on their back. Thinking is not something you do, is it 🤨

:wtfvlad:

Religious people are the definition of unthinking sheep. 

18 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

:wtfvlad:

Religious people are the definition of unthinking sheep. 

They emboldened the stupid nasty cowardly bullys and let them loose on the clever that were calling out evil. Clue. Germany to Nazi Germany. You are a bully. You are stupid. Do you bully in real life. 

Edited by niblick1874

6 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

They emboldened the stupid nasty cowardly bullys and let them loose on the clever that were calling out evil. Clue. Germany to Nazi Germany. You are a bully. You are stupid. Do you bully in real life. 

You're going to heaven, we're going to hell, have some perspective and chill nibbles!

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You're going to heaven, we're going to hell, have some perspective and chill nibbles!

I am well aware your head snake oil salsman would like everyone to not know that this is hell and if you don't go up this time, that's it for you. Tell me you knew that. 

4 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I am well aware your head snake oil salsman would like everyone to not know that this is hell and if you don't go up this time, that's it for you. Tell me you knew that. 

Ok, keep being a radge then

11 hours ago, martoon said:

Highly impressive lad, in lots of ways.

That serenity will serve him well on Saturday and the rest of his career.

Won't be there in person but I'm actually relishing the thought of Beni and this Heart of Midlothian team going to Ibrox.

Get intae them, lads. 

:flagwave:

Am I the only person who can't read that word without hearing the voice of Frank Costanza?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Ok, keep being a radge then

It's not easy, however, the ends justify the means.

8 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Drinking and shagging is real and for the most part doesn’t cause wars or people to fly planes into buildings. 

More wars have probably been caused over love than religion,

this religion cause wars stance is just tosh. 

Beni comes across really well in the interview.

Im also pleased that the creator of the universe takes an interest in the lives of professional footballers and boxers, just wish he’d taken more interest when my beautiful grandson had cancer.

29 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

Beni comes across really well in the interview.

Im also pleased that the creator of the universe takes an interest in the lives of professional footballers and boxers, just wish he’d taken more interest when my beautiful grandson had cancer.

It must be tough to hear that kind of thing with your perspective, sorry you've had to go through that.

Everybody has a crutch that gets them through day. Everybody. Some people have alcohol, some drugs, some the gym, some telly, some bingo, some religion. As long as no-one else is getting hurt by it, who am I to judge who has the better crutch?

2 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

My praise for Tom English was in COMPARISON to the usual sh*te we are served up by the Beeb and other outlets. It should be the norm, but it sadly isn't. 

It'd be a damn sight more Hearts friendly if it was me writing these articles, I can tell you. 

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Everybody has a crutch that gets them through day. Everybody. Some people have alcohol, some drugs, some the gym, some telly, some bingo, some religion. As long as no-one else is getting hurt by it, who am I to judge who has the better crutch?

Exactly Norm.  Power, greed and religious zealotry have an awful lot to answer for.  

5 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Beni and the rest of the team have got me enjoying football. And I would like to take this chance to thank them.

Great article, great player.

Bottom line .

6 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Nope.

You can suspect what you like, but your sounding really arrogant ,if you think i have only read one articule by Tom English??? The one posted on this thread.

Also, on what basis, makes you think ,he is a poor broadcaster ,and not a great features writer??

As you seem to be using terminology like "features writer"  like you actually know  in what  fields of expertise  jurnos need to be great?? 

I was a news sub-editor for 13 years.

11 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

The religious stuff is a bit weird and unsettling but if it keeps him out of nightclubs and playing the way he does then - praise be.

Not at all 

he comes across as a clever  guy and his religion keeps him out of trouble too 

3 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Nae bother pal :facepalm:

Absolutely delighted with Beni so far, this interview just adds to it. So much respect for his life story thus far and his mentality screams top player. Seems to be a very good vibe coming out of our club atm and for the first time in a long time, we have no fear going to Ibrox. 

Jeezo ! A positive article, in which our brilliant young midfielder talks with class and maturity, and the goons are out rattling on about religion and nazi Germany 🙄. Well done Beni, you're a credit to yourself and to The Heart of Midlothian, and a fantastic fitbaw player anaw.

35 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Jeezo ! A positive article, in which our brilliant young midfielder talks with class and maturity, and the goons are out rattling on about religion and nazi Germany 🙄. Well done Beni, you're a credit to yourself and to The Heart of Midlothian, and a fantastic fitbaw player anaw.

A great article from the BBC and positive news about Hearts. Unlike the whingeing  interview with the Hobos DRoss trying to make people feel sorry for Porteous. 

Gordon Ramsay

Not really into the God stuff personally but if he likes it and it keeps him focused good for him. 

Great player, hope we hang onto him for as long as possible. 

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not at all 

he comes across as a clever  guy and his religion keeps him out of trouble too 

Who cares if he's religious. We are supposed to be a diverse and welcoming club, no matter what a persons background is. If his God can help him score 20 goals a season, then who has a right to rubbish his beliefs. 

10 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Once again, Godwin's Law proves to be true.

facepalm-multiplefacepalm.gif

Edited by tian447

12 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Am I the only person who can't read that word without hearing the voice of Frank Costanza?

No idea who he is but I googled him. 👍

4 hours ago, whodanny said:

All very odd, danny.

Not religious myself but not bothered in the slightest if others are. Amazed any poster even touched on it. 

17 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Nope.

I think you will find young Darren works in the newspaper industry. If it is as a journalist I have no Idea. I suspect he may work at the Scotsman. Then I maybe be totally wrong there.

56 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think you will find young Darren works in the newspaper industry. If it is as a journalist I have no Idea. I suspect he may work at the Scotsman. Then I maybe be totally wrong there.

The idea that someone who works, or has worked, at the Scotsman could criticise anyone else's journalistic qualities is quite frankly mind-boggling!

On 14/10/2021 at 12:09, i8hibsh said:

No time for the God pish or indeed BBC but I have all the time for this wonderful gem that came to our club.  I like him...................I really like him.

Big big fan.

No need and no surprise at your "pish."

Go tell him to his face!  

23 hours ago, Ked said:

Good read and I cant wait to show my mum the stuff about God.

Whether you agree or not I've a respect for people with spirituality.

Be nice if some on here showed a bit of respect for his beliefs as well.

The opposite of previous cave-dweller.

23 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Why weird and unsettling? He's not asking you to buy into it, just his own thoughts. It's part of how the guy is.  

Not allowed in the public forum anymore - it's  being call Christophobia, the only one that is permissible.

23 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Drinking and shagging is real and for the most part doesn’t cause wars or people to fly planes into buildings. 

You mean like in Genghis Khan, Nazi Germany, China, Myanmar, Pol Pot, Communist Russia, put together more deaths than all "so-called" religious wars in history, unless you call atheism a religion.

The Bannon Flick

Great article on a quality player that we are lucky to have.

Seems to be a fairly grounded character as well. 

If he uses his faith as a central focus in his life, who is anyone else to comment on it.

Can't wait to see him score his first goal for Hearts - it would certainly be some buzz if he does it tomorrow at Ibrox. 

22 hours ago, The Tackle said:

I didn't insinuate that though did i? It's just scary that even a minute percentage of people with faith can interpret the nonsensical ramblings of the bible or the Quran and carry out these atrocities based on these beliefs. For me that is enough to distance myself from all religions. 

Again, try Mao's wee red book then.  You'd be safe, not a god in sight.

22 hours ago, Ked said:

The bells of hell are ringing for you.

😂

It's funny in a way Hearts supporters slagging folk of for blind loyalty and faith.

Given our experiences over the years .

👌😛

Wonderfully put.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

All very odd, danny.

Not religious myself but not bothered in the slightest if others are. Amazed any poster even touched on it. 

Never been religious myself, but if having a "faith" helps someone, fair enough. Just can't fathom how anyone sees anything negative in this fine piece on Beni.

Someone's faith is personal to them.

I will never mock someone for their faith.

Now Caffliks and Proddies that's a different kettle of fish😄😄😄