• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colinmaroon

• niblick1874

• The Tackle

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Intelligence and humanity shining from every word. What an articulate young man. It’s definitely a case of “enjoy him while we can”. We are privileged.

Just read it on the BBC now. Beni sounds like a great lad with a cracking positive attitude to football and life.

And well done Tom English once again. A positive article about a Hearts player in the run up to playing the Old Firm and not the transfer speculation and other pish we normally get off the garbage biased tabloids. 

Very easy lad to like, isn't he.  And you have wee Cam next to him too.  At last, some personality in our team.  Guys we can identify with.  Guys the kids can say are their favourites.

You feel these boys will go to war for us, don't you.  And that's just what we want.

So happens they're guid at fitba too which is a wee bonus!

Almost unbelievable we managed to get him in. No matter what we’re paying him he’s worth it. We’ve been so lacking in centre mid for about the last 10 years. Beni and Devlin are exactly what we were crying out for. No midfield will bully or dominate against us with those two and I include Rangers in that. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Almost unbelievable we managed to get him in. No matter what we’re paying him he’s worth it. We’ve been so lacking in centre mid for about the last 10 years. Beni and Devlin are exactly what we were crying out for. No midfield will bully or dominate against us with those two and I include Rangers in that. 

Reading between the lines of the article.

I would say that money is not the number one priority for the young man.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Very easy lad to like, isn't he.  And you have wee Cam next to him too.  At last, some personality in our team.  Guys we can identify with.  Guys the kids can say are their favourites.

You feel these boys will go to war for us, don't you.  And that's just what we want.

So happens they're guid at fitba too which is a wee bonus!

Your right. There is something wonderful about Cammy and Beni and how after only a few games together they seem to loving it on the pitch and getting on well with each other. 

Nice interview with him, and a good way at seeing how he ticks. Seems very grounded having experienced so much in his life and learnt from it. His comment about no one was interested in him, then Hearts came in and gave him a chance, now others are interested in him and he questions why they didn't want him before. I think he can be a good example to other Premier league young players who have been messed around after early promise, if we are targeting them as, we can show them we want them and want them to shine. Something I think a lot of clubs just snap up players for the sake of it or just in case the player may become good.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Alas he doesn't want to have yours.

That is no surprise,  I'm not a looker and I don't have a womb 

InternationalJambo

His mentality coupled with ability is so rare to find in footballers these days. When was the last time we could say we have a cult-hero after however many games he has played for the club? Boy could go on to become a legend in the space of a year dependant on our season. He’s that good. 

What a man :wub:

I don't share his opinions on religion, but that's his decision and his life to live the way he wants.  

I was a bit shocked at this bit:

"My agent would say, 'There's no-one in for you'. I thought, 'I'm a decent player, I'm not that bad'. Last window, who was in for me? Hearts and maybe one more. Everybody else was like, 'We don't want him'. That's the reality. Now my agent is saying people are starting to see you again and I'm like, 'Why didn't they give me a chance before?' That's why I am so thankful to Hearts and what the club has done for me."

How could anyone look at him in a game and think "Nah"??

Very humble young man who we are lucky to have playing for our Football Club. I cant believe no one wanted him over the last few seasons, the eyes of anyone who watched him must be painted on not to notice the player he is and the potential he has to be even better.

His attitude is exceptional for a young lad who has come from the EPL having had a taste of 1st team football.

FTH

Highly impressive lad, in lots of ways.

That serenity will serve him well on Saturday and the rest of his career.

Won't be there in person but I'm actually relishing the thought of Beni and this Heart of Midlothian team going to Ibrox.

Get intae them, lads. 

:flagwave:

2 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Very humble young man who we are lucky to have playing for our Football Club. I cant believe no one wanted him over the last few seasons, the eyes of anyone who watched him must be painted on not to notice the player he is and the potential he has to be even better.

His attitude is exceptional for a young lad who has come from the EPL having had a taste of 1st team football.

FTH

your last point there is key for me, yes he has ability but as you say he has the right attitude and application. something that appears to be the same with cochrane, moore and devlin

The Old Tolbooth

Fantastic interview, I wonder if some of the wage thieves we've had over the years will read this and feel ashamed, this lad is very special and is going to be a cracking player for us, and something tells me because he's so grateful to us, that he won't just leave without seeing us alright, he's quickly becoming my favourite player. 

No time for the God pish or indeed BBC but I have all the time for this wonderful gem that came to our club.  I like him...................I really like him.

Big big fan.

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58900311

Good article about a player that we are very lucky to have gracing Tynecastle

Not read it but if its on the BBC its because they know how good he is and he should be playing for their darlings in the Weej. Selling him by publication IMO.

For an auld bugger like me who moaned constantly about our midfield and the lack of so many qualities in many many years finally we have real quality in the lad and hopefully cammy can continue is impressive start to give us a great foundation. 

Great read. The lad has certainly got his head screwed on. He's got the right mentality too. I would love his 1st goal to be against Rangers. Probably more so than Hibs. Let's hope we can keep him for the long term. 

23 years old and has this attitude.

"At the end of my career, I want to sit down and say to myself, 'Beni, you put everything into that. You couldn't have tried any harder'. I'll have peace of mind, no matter what happens."

Very impressive. 

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No time for the God pish or indeed BBC but I have all the time for this wonderful gem that came to our club.  I like him...................I really like him.

Big big fan.

You are missing something so very important that should have hit you square in the face. 

Ford Prentice

The religious stuff is a bit weird and unsettling but if it keeps him out of nightclubs and playing the way he does then - praise be.

Mid Calder Jambo
45 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not read it but if its on the BBC its because they know how good he is and he should be playing for their darlings in the Weej. Selling him by publication IMO.

You are more cynical than me. 😁

30 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

23 years old and has this attitude.

"At the end of my career, I want to sit down and say to myself, 'Beni, you put everything into that. You couldn't have tried any harder'. I'll have peace of mind, no matter what happens."

Very impressive. 

Yep and "I think we can do something special at Hearts" is even more impressive. I recon he's determined to pay us back for having faith in him. 

...andFulton'sBaggio

Brilliant article, what a wise head on young shoulders. The guy is incredible - attitude, ability and most importantly, gratitude. 

We've got every chance of beating Rangers with him and Devlin in the engine room. C'mon Hearts!!

Ps.  Tom English really is a shining light as far as the Beeb are concerned, isn't he? Actual, proper, real journalism. Enjoyed that. 

He speaks as he plays. Composed and calm. What an absolute find. 

In amongst the swooning of our new players I get angry. Angry that for five years we allowed a cretin and his hangers on to dictate signing policy and development. We always have been a big club, we now have great facilities and a solid base.

These are the type of signings our standing should've always insured, sadly a regime with a remit of filling their own coffers got in the way.

Not now! Onwards and upwards.

Having played at Tynecastle with its atmosphere I don't think he will be fazed by Ibrox, in fact it might inspire him to be even better. What a great opportunity to let big teams in England se what he can do; two years with us then a mega-bucks move to the EPL.

Hagar the Horrible

2 parts to this, first the lad is going to be remembered here for a long time and for the right reasons.  Cool calm head on the pitch and off it.  He has found that inner strength and as he said he WILL make us money.

The second part of this is just how good is Tom English?  he has got to be the only journalist in years, not out to create controversy just for the sake of it.  He has listened to the person.  No hidden agenda, He is not trying to sell him to the OF.  Just enjoying what he brings to our game now.   Credit to Tom and I hope Beni is a hero in the making.

11 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

He speaks as he plays. Composed and calm. What an absolute find. 

In amongst the swooning of our new players I get angry. Angry that for five years we allowed a cretin and his hangers on to dictate signing policy and development. We always have been a big club, we now have great facilities and a solid base.

These are the type of signings our standing should've always insured, sadly a regime with a remit of filling their own coffers got in the way.

Not now! Onwards and upwards.

Well said. For a club our size, we have had some dross to watch! Glad thats behind us now.

Good read and I cant wait to show my mum the stuff about God.

Whether you agree or not I've a respect for people with spirituality.

Be nice if some on here showed a bit of respect for his beliefs as well.

Player speaks openly about his faith: facepalms all around. 

Player boasts of drinking and shagging exploits? Just the type we need. Legend. 

🤷‍♂️

39 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Class, he’s a a great boy. Should be looking at a call up for his national team!

Is eligible for Scotland? (British passport)

Fort Vallance
39 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

The religious stuff is a bit weird and unsettling but if it keeps him out of nightclubs and playing the way he does then - praise be.

Why weird and unsettling? He's not asking you to buy into it, just his own thoughts. It's part of how the guy is.  

Fort Vallance
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤷‍♂️

Nailed it. 

Now this is a 'god is god' character I can fully get behind!

I've no doubts in the guy, he'll give it his all and skilfully play with a smile on his face.

25 minutes ago, Ked said:

Good read and I cant wait to show my mum the stuff about God.

Whether you agree or not I've a respect for people with spirituality.

Be nice if some on here showed a bit of respect for his beliefs as well.

An oasis in the desert. A breath of fresh air. You have my thanks for lifting my heart.

Some on here are so very stupid. 

22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤷‍♂️

Drinking and shagging is real and for the most part doesn’t cause wars or people to fly planes into buildings. 

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Drinking and shagging is real and for the most part doesn’t cause wars or people to fly planes into buildings. 

Beni want's to cause wars and fly planes into buildings. Get rid of I say. 

4 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

wasn't it shagging that caused the problems in troy and the trojan horse?

5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Drinking and shagging is real and for the most part doesn’t cause wars or people to fly planes into buildings

Yep, I've never done that, no matter how drunk I've been.  :thumbsup: