Romanov Footage

Thumb Up Emoji

Fort Vallance

See if you can find a bit of footage of Murrayfield with 5,000 inside. What might have been without him.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Hiya there,

My company are making a film about the FOH takeover (for the BBC). We are looking for good footage of the Romanov era.

Any things that spring to mind that sums up that period?

Cheers

Although it's not footage from that era, the Open Goal interview with Hartley is worth a watch/listen as he goes into detail about the win bonus incentives and the pre-season on Romanov's yacht. Good to hear these anecdotes from someone with first hand knowledge of what was happening and not how the tabloids wanted to portray things. 

Skippy Doodle
4 hours ago, henryheart said:

In 2007 Hearts issued a DVD called Hearts - The Pre Season Story, with the sub heading Get Closer to your Club than ever before!  Vlad, being Vlad, features being his usual controversial/wacky self. 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

The film is about FOH making Hearts the biggest fan-owned club in the UK

When is it due to be shown do you think?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Dig out the Bosnian pensioners

:glorious:

Mr Romanov, still our greatest owner

57 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Thanks for sharing. Some of it was utterly cringe worthy. 

37 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Dig out the Bosnian pensioners

:glorious:

Mr Romanov, still our greatest owner

Dig up, surely?

After evil Vlad ripped them off, they'll all be 6ft under now due to their callous impoverishment.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Dig up, surely?

After evil Vlad ripped them off, they'll all be 6ft under now due to their callous impoverishment.

Fair point, well made.

Yes, I can see the vista now. A Sarajevo graveyard, filled with bodies. Not from the horrendous civil war that inflicted this country but the actions of one man causing destitution amongst hard working souls....

ToqueJambo

After a promising start and some notable high points this pretty much sums up Vlad's time for me. Oh what could have been with a saner person in charge.

simpsons-sideshow-bob.gif

WorldChampions1902

I remember reading a supposed true story of a trip Vlad made by chauffeur-driven limo to Aberdeen when he instructed the driver to stop at a remote farm house. Vlad then asked the farmer if he would allow him to slaughter one of his sheep, so he could have a BBQ. Vlad said he would do this on the return leg of his visit to Piitodrie. The farmer rightly told him to bolt. IIRC the story was covered by a footy journo in one of the football mags at the time.

Another story was one I witnessed on our Away trip in the Champions League versus Siroki Brijeg. About 10 mins before kick off, a large number of ‘Hearts fans’ flooded into the ground where the Hearts fans were seated. They were all wearing Ill-fitting white T-Shirts with Hearts slogans printed on them. It turns out that they all worked in a nearby aluminium plant owned by the Ukio group and they were instructed to attend the game to lend support and were shipped in by coach(es) paid for by Vlad. Utterly surreal. Crap game though.

Edited by WorldChampions1902
Thumb Up Emoji
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

When is it due to be shown do you think?

Hey bud, it should be on Football Focus in the coming weeks.

Forgot how mad this forum is, just wanted other fan's POV on the thing that summed up Romanov era. Jeepers.

Cheers!

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Hey bud, it should be on Football Focus in the coming weeks.

Forgot how mad this forum is, just wanted other fan's POV on the thing that summed up Romanov era. Jeepers.

Cheers!

You want a summation - saved our ground from disappearing, gave us some of the best players to ever wear maroon, won two trophies and got caught with his pants down by the financial crisis, the same financial crisis that ironically made our ground worth much less and allowed us to save the club, albeit via administration and the agreement that fans would pay back the woman who would thankfully fund our exit from administration.

A mad roller-coaster that I would accept every time.

11 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Forgot how mad this forum is

:laugh:

This nothing compared to the COVID threads in the Shed

7 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

There is footage of Romanov in the crowd at Livingston and just prior to kick off the wife was coming back from the toilets and kissed Romanov my mobile started ringing my mate was watching the game in Spain and said just saw your missus on the TV. I think he travelled to the game on a supporters bus and there was some footage of that as well. Not sure if it was Sky or BBC

Fairly certain the league was covered by setanta that season

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Cheers be struggling to get footage of that 

will-i-am-a-jambo
17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It really is that bad.

They keep rehashing old formats and failing too - they have nothing original in the tank.

Question of Sport with a panel that ticks all boxes and the Darling Buds of me that they have created new characters just to tick a box.

No shock that they will fail to hit the mark.

I'm assuming the bit in bold is The Darling Buds of May? That's on ITV chief, not BBC. 

Robbies Tackle
14 hours ago, BM1874 said:

While it was, the story was on STV who had scotsport at the time.