Romanov Item on Football Focus ( updated )

Thumb Up Emoji

Thumb Up Emoji

Hiya there,

My company are making a film about the FOH takeover (for the BBC). We are looking for good footage of the Romanov era.

Any things that spring to mind that sums up that period?

Cheers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• i8hibsh

• Thumb Up Emoji

• Special Agent Dale Cooper

8 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Hiya there,

My company are making a film about the FOH takeover (for the BBC). We are looking for good footage of the Romanov era.

Cheers

Will the BBC not let you go through their archive?  Should be plenty of stuff.  That documentary they did about him for starters.

Thumb Up Emoji
Just now, Boris said:

Will the BBC not let you go through their archive?  Should be plenty of stuff.  That documentary they did about him for starters.

Yeah we've got access to their archive

Footage of the start of 05/06 followed immediately by Burley's sacking (whatever footage of the reaction there was), 2 SC Wins, the Riccarton 3, Beslija's £650,000 cross, Pinilla's goal v Aberdeen (possibly the best football we've ever played), iconic Derby goals (theres plenty to chose from), European Nights, beating the Old Firm, getting beat off Gretna, Paulo Sergio, JJ, the video of Malofeev giving a talk in the dressing room with Berra & Gordon looking confused (:lol:), Roman Romanov, Stevo scoring in big games, Stevo leaving because wages weren't being paid, Jamie Hamill trying to murder an advertising hoarding, Beattie's penalty & celebration, 5-1 and 4-0 slaughters of hibs at hampden, Zal crying as he goes to lift the cup, the celebration at Pittodrie when the players threw their shirts into the crowd (not knowing if that was the last season we'd ever play) and LOTS of Rudi

Any footage from: 

Signing Skacel

The Burley run

Sacking Burley

Hartley's hatrick

Champions league music at Tynie

06 Cup win

Resigning Skacel

12 cup win.

Almost going bust.

Hackney Hearts
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

🥊🥊

This is what immediately sprung to mind for me.

Sums it all up...

Wee man, massive ego, taking it TOO far. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Did he not get a kilt for the 2012 cup final and get a fiw pictures of himself in said kilt on the top of Arthur's Seat. Got to be pictures out there.

Also his poem in the programme with a picture of him sitting barefoot on the beach was a classic.

The Old Tolbooth
23 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Did he not get a kilt for the 2012 cup final and get a fiw pictures of himself in said kilt on the top of Arthur's Seat. Got to be pictures out there.

Also his poem in the programme with a picture of him sitting barefoot on the beach was a classic.

This one? 

Vladimir Romanov Appreciation Thread

BBC should have plenty of coverage of their sneering commentators and pundits espousing everything 'wrong' (in their misguided opinion) with the Romanov times.

In 2007 Hearts issued a DVD called Hearts - The Pre Season Story, with the sub heading Get Closer to your Club than ever before!  Vlad, being Vlad, features being his usual controversial/wacky self. 

Thumb Up Emoji
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The BBC can suck Romanov's massive Russki baws.

Constant low-level sniggering about him by some of their 'journalists' which more than crossed the line into xenophobia. He didn't help himself at times, but my god, the media in this country were quick to protect their succulent lamb when he threatened to replace it with some cabbage soup.

Perhaps you could do a compilation of articles and shows from the BBC and 'other respected journalistic institutions' that referred to him as 'Mad Vlad', or count up the number of times he was referred to as Lithuanian, for starters.

I hope your documentary paints a balanced picture of a flawed man who nonetheless brought joy to Hearts fans in the face of ridicule and xenophobia.

The film is about FOH making Hearts the biggest fan-owned club in the UK

Jambo_jim2001

BBC! Don't you mean Glasgow broadcasting company that snears at ANY team outwith the precious " auld firm",is this going to be another hatchet job on our beloved club,talk to the man yourselves as mentioned before he shouldn't be hard to find in his submarine.you will not need to wonder why all the negative response.we love our club through thick and thin,it's family and if you cannot help your family who can you help,as far as I'm concerned you can jog on

This is clearly a very corrupt Lithuanian detective  investigating him so they can frame him for something.

Leave St Vlad alone you scumbag. 

2 hours ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Hiya there,

Cheers

I run a small company and would like to take some time off. Do you fancy doing my job for me?

Love the boxing one.  One of the funniest yet most bizarre videos I have ever seen.

Nothing personal to the OP but I would not give the BBC the steam of my pish.

Surprised they are taking a second out of their busy schedule of man hating, box ticking, gender obsessing, race bating and minority pandering.

FTBBC

Edited by i8hibsh

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I run a small company and would like to take some time off. Do you fancy doing my job for me?

lol

This did come to mind though - not sure there was ever a bowl of peanuts photo

"Under the headline “Monkeys go home”, Lithuanian Romanov launched a tirade on the Edinburgh club’s official Web site (www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk).

“You are one step away from becoming human beings,” he said.

“Go and carefully have a look at yourself in the mirror. Don’t you see a human in it? Stop fighting for the values which the ex-captain of Hearts was fighting for.”

Romanov, who has made a number of rants since taking over the club, had officials hand out bananas and peanuts to the press before last weekend’s Scottish Premier League home clash with St Mirren.

He added: “Education and truthful information -- that should be your input to humankind.

“Your leader Mowgli is not taking bananas any more, now he is taking money for lies and untruthful interpretation.”

Romanov, told to quit by fans after the treatment of Pressley, ended the long statement by saying: “I beg you Mowgli, take the monkeys back to the safari park.” "

Ex-Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov arrested in Moscow | Daily Mail Online

There are pictures of him sitting on a cow with the Edinburgh provost as well, which stick in the mind.

But the beach programme was the zaniest of all

8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

lol

This did come to mind though - not sure there was ever a bowl of peanuts photo

"Under the headline “Monkeys go home”, Lithuanian Romanov launched a tirade on the Edinburgh club’s official Web site (www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk).

“You are one step away from becoming human beings,” he said.

“Go and carefully have a look at yourself in the mirror. Don’t you see a human in it? Stop fighting for the values which the ex-captain of Hearts was fighting for.”

Romanov, who has made a number of rants since taking over the club, had officials hand out bananas and peanuts to the press before last weekend’s Scottish Premier League home clash with St Mirren.

He added: “Education and truthful information -- that should be your input to humankind.

“Your leader Mowgli is not taking bananas any more, now he is taking money for lies and untruthful interpretation.”

Romanov, told to quit by fans after the treatment of Pressley, ended the long statement by saying: “I beg you Mowgli, take the monkeys back to the safari park.” "

Ex-Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov arrested in Moscow | Daily Mail Online

There are pictures of him sitting on a cow with the Edinburgh provost as well, which stick in the mind.

But the beach programme was the zaniest of all

😂😂😂 you do forget how wacky the whole thing was. It was just mad not knowing what was next and not always in a good way. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Very worthy but lacking the drama of the Vlad story. Which I don't think has ever really been told in all its glorious and gory detail. . Many of the participants hid behind the "Confidentiality Clause" excuse but the chances of anyone being sued for breach of contract must now be rather remote. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Our documentary sheds light on how evil straight white man Romanov failed to include any transgender or openly homosexual people onto his board. Indeed, evidence exists that he bought and sold black men for cash, effectively making him no better than a 17th century slave trader. Thankfully, Ann Budge came in and made the Hearts first team wear pink while employing Ian Cathro in an effort to ensure oppressed minorities were represented at SPL level.

We joke but I would not put it past them.  I would not trust these ***** to water a house plant let alone broadcast anything impartially.  Utterly despicable institution.

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

He did wear a kilt to the final in 2012. I was sitting maybe 4 rows in front of him at Hampden ghat day. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Canscot said:

He did wear a kilt to the final in 2012. I was sitting maybe 4 rows in front of him at Hampden ghat day. 

Were you able to spot whether he was observing the traditional Scottish dress code?

Sorry!

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Were you able to spot whether he was observing the traditional Scottish dress code?

Sorry!

image.png.485d9e47390737dc83607233839d4303.pngNope!

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We joke but I would not put it past them.  I would not trust these ***** to water a house plant let alone broadcast anything impartially.  Utterly despicable institution.

And mention of Woke yet? 🤣

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

And mention of Woke yet? 🤣

The BBC are too racist against whites and sexist against men to be woke.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

The BBC are too racist against whites and sexist against men to be woke.

The only thing in its favour is that both the far left and far right rail against it. 😄

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The only thing in its favour is that both the far left and far right rail against it. 😄

It really is that bad.

They keep rehashing old formats and failing too - they have nothing original in the tank.

Question of Sport with a panel that ticks all boxes and the Darling Buds of me that they have created new characters just to tick a box.

No shock that they will fail to hit the mark.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Hiya there,

Cheers

There is footage of Romanov in the crowd at Livingston and just prior to kick off the wife was coming back from the toilets and kissed Romanov my mobile started ringing my mate was watching the game in Spain and said just saw your missus on the TV. I think he travelled to the game on a supporters bus and there was some footage of that as well. Not sure if it was Sky or BBC

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

According to his profile the OP is 105 years old. There may be a more interesting story here!

(Sorry did not mean to quote ****.)

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Dunno, but sounds mighty like he was also guilty of cultural appropriation. Worse than Hitler.

@Thumb Up Emoji - just show archive footage of German forces marching on the Sudetenland.

Read that as Sunderland twice. Thought I had missed an episode of World at War. 

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Hiya there,

Cheers

Although it's not footage from that era, the Open Goal interview with Hartley is worth a watch/listen as he goes into detail about the win bonus incentives and the pre-season on Romanov's yacht. Good to hear these anecdotes from someone with first hand knowledge of what was happening and not how the tabloids wanted to portray things. 

Skippy Doodle
4 hours ago, henryheart said:

In 2007 Hearts issued a DVD called Hearts - The Pre Season Story, with the sub heading Get Closer to your Club than ever before!  Vlad, being Vlad, features being his usual controversial/wacky self. 

4 hours ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

When is it due to be shown do you think?

• davemclaren changed the title to Romanov Item on Football Focus ( updated )