Captain Kirk to boldly go where no Old man has gone before

JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Amazon's cock-rocket trips last 11 minutes from lift-off to landing, barely grazing into what can be properly defined as "space".

SpaceX puts you in orbit for three days.

I'd fly on any of them given the chance,  including Galactic which reaches even lower than the flying wang and only qualifies as reaching space due to the US' 80km measurement of the Karman line, but Bezos is definitely lagging miles behind Space X considering the resources he can (and is) putting into Blue Origin. 

Still chuffed that Captain Kirk himself went into space for real. 

5 hours ago, Cade said:

Amazon's cock-rocket trips last 11 minutes from lift-off to landing, barely grazing into what can be properly defined as "space".

SpaceX puts you in orbit for three days.

Yup and every trip an environmental catastrophe, but hey we should all junk our existing cars and buy battery ones instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/19/billionaires-space-tourism-environment-emissions

https://www.wired.com/2016/03/teslas-electric-cars-might-not-green-think/

14 hours ago, Tazio said:

There was a photo going around on Twitter yesterday of him and the other "astronauts" in Star Fleet type tops. The other 3 were wearing red ones, and we all know what happens to the people in red uniforms in Star Trek when they land on a planet! 

7 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Yup and every trip an environmental catastrophe, but hey we should all junk our existing cars and buy battery ones instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/19/billionaires-space-tourism-environment-emissions

https://www.wired.com/2016/03/teslas-electric-cars-might-not-green-think/

Would you say No? Thought so.

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Would you say No? Thought so.

No to what Ri? 

Space tourism, think the pissing competition we are witnessing between narcissistic billionaires is out of control on many levels.

Battery car doesn't actually work for my situation, don't drive enough to justify one either. I think they have merit in advancing technology but they are neither the only solution nor cost free in environmental terms, net net though I welcome them.

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

No to what Ri? 

Space tourism, think the pissing competition we are witnessing between narcissistic billionaires is out of control on many levels.

Battery car doesn't actually work for my situation, don't drive enough to justify one either. I think they have merit in advancing technology but they are neither the only solution nor cost free in environmental terms, net net though I welcome them.

Would you go up in the Amazon nearly space 🚀

Anyway, dig a hole in the ground and connect all your luxury items to an exercise bike. Live there all cosy and when we die a ready made body skip. 👍 Enjoying life is overrated.

15 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is that Mikey Stewart? :lol:

Not enough stubble on the face, brave man going up there, lucky to get me on a 737, 

Bezos and Branson are just pissing about, spending stolen tax money on the biggest toys possible as they can't think what else to with it all.

SpaceX are actually aiding proper science and human exploration of space.