***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

SuperstarSteve
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

My problem with that mate is especially through there, lose early goal and any tactics go out the window. Hearts have never went gun ho even at Tynie .I just want to see players being brave, move into space when it’s available and make them turn and make defenders go into areas they aren’t comfortable in. 

Could also be score an early goal for us and we change attitude to defensive mode and ruin it. 

Finding a balance between attacking and defending through 90 mins is difficult but I believe we can get a result. 

Hearts fans in attendance will be a massive help. Well done to the club for pushing it and making  it happen. 

I agree that we never got for it, there is no doubt in my mind we will tomorrow though. 3-2 Jambos. Goals galore  I reckon but If Gordon is on form then 3-0. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

It's been years since I have been as buzzing for a football match as I am for tomorrow. I don't think I will sleep much tonight. I realise we are probably going to lose. That's usually how it goes at Ibrox. But hope springs eternal. And I really like this Hearts team. I think we are good. I truly believe that if we believe then we can get a result. Even a draw would be great. A win would be orgasmic.

Come on Hearts. Make us proud. 

Getting a bit nervous now but I honestly can’t see anything other than a Hearts win. They are pretty shite this season compared to last. McKay or Woodburn to get their first Hearts goal. 2-1 to us.

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith Beni Devlin Cochrane

McKay Boyce Woodburn

1-1 draw.    The minor league team to lose 0-1.   Celtic draw. 

Keeps us second and ahead of them.   

I'd prefer us to win of course.   How about a delightful 0-3.    That would be aces :av-1001:red card for some thug from the pretend rangers club. 

14 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

You might need to renew your subscription. I was sure that it's always done it automatically in the past but not this time..

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

11 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Was saying the exact same earlier. It's crucial the players don't freeze and have the confidence to play their own game. Been through there umpteen times and the game is over as a contest after half an hour. 

Aye. Concentration and baws.

I know our record is far from great but I do recall the odd game at Ibrox where we’ve started well, not got the goal we wanted, only to inevitably switch off and they take the lead. 

The same applies to every game I suppose but more so v the old firm who’ll have a lot of the ball.....match the workrate and don’t switch off.  Give yourself a chance. 

You give yourself a chance not conceding shite goals and looking like you have had some attacking intent yourself. Later in the game it’s them who’ll be more nervous if they aren’t in front and we’ve looked dangerous. 

Edited by Debut 4

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

This please.

That would do. 

A team with Lawrence beating a team  3-0 that has Laudrop in it. 

😂😂😂😂

Pointon was so under rated, reminds me of Smith. 

Got a feeling we will get kicked to **** early on in this one but we will be the team punished as they get every decision going.Beni and Devlin are probably already written down on on the refs cards.

Edited by vegas-voss

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Getting a bit nervous now but I honestly can’t see anything other than a Hearts win. They are pretty shite this season compared to last. McKay or Woodburn to get their first Hearts goal. 2-1 to us.

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

McKay Boyce Woodburn

👍

During my time following Hearts, generally when we go to Ibrox in good form and with plenty of confidence, we come away with a 3-0 defeat and a complete damp squib of a performance. For that reason I'm not greatly confident about today but of course I'll be more than happy if the players go out there and get a result.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Its gonna be Woodburn's day. 2-1 Hearts, Ben at the double 

You mean Benjamin... 😜

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Hearts, Dundee UTD and Motherwell win. Its going to be a good Saturday.

Need to keep an eye on Motherwell if that pans out. 

Unsure of their squad depth or if their general form can hold but they impressed me last week. 

I thought they'd be utter Tatties as they had a complete rebuild in the summer. 

Das Viertel Hearts
7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's been years since I have been as buzzing for a football match as I am for tomorrow. I don't think I will sleep much tonight. I realise we are probably going to lose. That's usually how it goes at Ibrox. But hope springs eternal. And I really like this Hearts team. I think we are good. I truly believe that if we believe then we can get a result. Even a draw would be great. A win would be orgasmic.

Come on Hearts. Make us proud. 

Hope springs eternal!! I like it!!! The motto of the maroon and white fans!!! 😀

Or any fan outwith glory hunters FC

Really can’t call this one, anything could happen. 

Hopefully we carry the current attitude into this game and expose them for what they are. 

However, it’s the huns at Ibrox so it could be grim. 

2-1 Hearts through gritted teeth. 

Салатные палочки
7 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

This please.

Great day. Game seemed like it was dragging in when we were 1-0 up. As soon as the second went in the pressure eased then after the third I didn't want it to end. The Rangers fans did their usual and had an evacuation around the 80th minute but one really angry fan, face like a beetroot was getting it tight right until the end. Fair play to him, he looked like he was going to cry. 

We should have nothing to fear going there today. Rangers had a much, much better team back then and we are arguably as good if not better than our team was back then. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

...andFulton'sBaggio
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You mean Benjamin... 😜

I started calling a guy i worked with Benjy once, for a laugh (I know, not exactly hilarious)... Turns out his name was Benedict 

Love people’s confidence on here but the reality is rangers at home have been unbeatable last couple of years. Think they won 20 odd in a row till they drew a game last month plus with our record in Glasgow if we win then it’s a upset no matter what people on here say 

In saying all that im confident myself but I keep telling myself the above so im not too upset come final whistle 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

I started calling a guy i worked with Benjy once, for a laugh (I know, not exactly hilarious)... Turns out his name was Benedict 

😂😂😂

I knew a guy named that, he got called Eggy! 

🤷‍♂️

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

McKay Boyce Woodburn

This looks like a good setup, I would love to see Woodburn get a goal as he does a lot of good work without much reward so-far; today would be a great day to make his mark. I think we might see Gnando start though, just because it would be unexpected by Rangers, so it might be :

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

McKay Gnando Boyce 

...andFulton'sBaggio
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That would do. 

😂😂😂😂

Dissa was terrific, and a great mentor to Naysmith

...andFulton'sBaggio
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

I knew a guy named that, he got called Eggy! 

🤷‍♂️

😂 Poor guy. Terrible name, delicious breakfast...

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

McKay Boyce Woodburn

This looks like a good setup, I would love to see Woodburn get a goal as he does a lot of good work without much reward so-far; today would be a great day to make his mark. I think we might see Gnando start though, just because it would be unexpected by Rangers, so it might be :

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

McKay Gnando Boyce 

The first one for me. 

We might need more height in their imo. 

I'd take Kingsley out for Moore. 

Although I think Bob might put Haring in for Woodburn or Devlin. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The first one for me. 

We might need more height in their imo. 

I'd take Kingsley out for Moore. 

Although I think Bob might put Haring in for Woodburn or Devlin. 

Kingsley is our best option at free kicks though.

Jack Torrance
26 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Great day. Game seemed like it was dragging in when we were 1-0 up. As soon as the second went in the pressure eased then after the third I didn't want it to end. The Rangers fans did their usual and had an evacuation around the 80th minute but one really angry fan, face like a beetroot was getting it tight right until the end. Fair play to him, he looked like he was going to cry. 

We should have nothing to fear going there today. Rangers had a much, much better team back then and we are arguably as good if not better than our team was back then. 

I couldn't get the day off to watch it or go. Ended up listening on the tranny. Johnson was great that day and they bought him on the strength of that performance. If he'd stayed longer I reckon he could've ended up a club legend here. You could've driven a bus through their defence at the end.

That was exactly my thoughts too - nothing to fear. Middle of the pitch is key for me and we have arguably the best central midfield in the league. If those two play with the freedom and energy they've shown so far, we'll run the show today.

0-3 again.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Kingsley is our best option at free kicks though.

Ooh. 

Yip. 

I can see the merit in keeping him in. 

But, I think we'll be defending more today and need the extra height v them. 

And frekicks.... At Ibrox....... C'mon! 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That would do. 

😂😂😂😂

😆 Mad eh?

Good point about Pointon too (pardon the pun). There's a reason guys like that are in the team.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ooh. 

Yip. 

I can see the merit in keeping him in. 

But, I think we'll be defending more today and need the extra height v them. 

And frekicks.... At Ibrox....... C'mon! 

True. Gnando's pretty good defending crosses in the box too. 

12 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Johnson was great that day and they bought him on the strength of that performance. 

I’m pretty certain he left us on freedom of contract and went to France at the same time as Gary Smith from Aberdeen. From there he played for Sunderland and again I’m pretty sure he left there on a freedom of contract to eventually end up with der Hun. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

True. Gnando's pretty good defending crosses in the box too. 

Yip, but I don't see how Gnando and Boyce start. 

I would  want play Woodburn and McKay!

It's a head scratcher. 

Jambof3tornado

Beni and devlin to get ridiculous early yellows would make a huge difference to our gameplan, thats simply all the ref needs to do to **** us up.

Nil nil at half time,nervy affair, gnando goal after 75 minutes, nervous last 25(yup includes extra extra added time). Job done back to Edinburgh for tea and biscuits.

3 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

I’m pretty certain he left us on freedom of contract and went to France at the same time as Gary Smith from Aberdeen. From there he played for Sunderland and again I’m pretty sure he left there on a freedom of contract to eventually end up with der Hun. 

He went to France in order to get to Sunderland for nothing . Remember Murray at rangers saying if he was at Hearts he would be questioning that deal .

Remember Johnston complaining everybody spoke French in France 

JJ at shareholders meeting recounted how his agent had forced the situation . He had a meeting with AJ and the lad was in tears 

Football is a mucky business

10 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

I'd completely forgotten about that - but yes, I think it was Rennes he moved to IIRC. I also remember that when he went to Sunderland Peter Reid stuck him in the reserves the last few months because they knew he was heading to Rangers at the end of the season.

Jack Torrance
13 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

I don't recall. I know he joined them indirectly having moved elsewhere but definitely that day is what caught their attention. Someone who could make you sit up and watch when on his game, but too inconsistent from what I remember.

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Another even more interesting wee stat.  A team called Hearts is undefeated in League 1.  Another team called Hearts is undefeated.  No other team in the 4 leagues is undefeated.

Omen?  I think so.

Queen's Park Hearts?

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, stirlo said:

During my time following Hearts, generally when we go to Ibrox in good form and with plenty of confidence, we come away with a 3-0 defeat and a complete damp squib of a performance. For that reason I'm not greatly confident about today but of course I'll be more than happy if the players go out there and get a result.

Someone with their feet on the ground.

I remember '97 i think, 4 reds for Hearts that day, Bruno first to go, talk about bias, absolutely honking by the officials.

No red cards today Hearts and we'll have a chance for points. 

HHGH