Jump to content

***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***


Furious Styles

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

At the time I thought it would have been a soft one but seeing the replays it's obvious the rangers guy looks up, sees the ball, sees Boyce then blocks him and knocks him to the ground so it's a penalty all day long.

thats my view, when i saw it on a stream yesterday i thought there was not enough contact for a foul. however after seeing replays it is clear the rangers player has no intention of playing the ball only to foul boyce

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Smith's right boot

    74

  • Hearts007

    57

  • King prawn

    49

  • CloustonHMFC

    42

cookieboy
7 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

You’re entitled to your opinion, no issue from me on that.

 

No doubt there are things we all find “annoying” about others, he’s had plenty stick online from folk, usually something really original like him wearing specks or having spots or suchlike.

 

Being a Hearts fan from Leith comes with it’s challenges but he’s thankfully not had many issues, as I think he comes across as pretty balanced in his content and when people actually meet him realise what a great lad he is.
 

There are areas he could do better in, which he continues to work on, (he’s just started a degree in journalism) and believe me I’m his biggest fan but also his biggest critic, but I often have to remind myself when I’m giving him feedback that he’s the one making the content, mistakes and all, and is constantly evolving.

 

The only thing I would say is there are plenty people who would disagree with your opinion.
 

I think he’s doing ok.

 

 

I would be proud as f... if it was my laddie ,keep up the good work Aaron HHGH

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on here having a go at young Aaron? That is truly hard to credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Let's hope that the Tynecastle stands can stand up to a "bouncy bouncy" better than the stadium in Nijmegen did earlier today.

 

 

 

Lucky no one was underneath that...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Reflecting on the game after a well earned 10 hour sleep I can tell you that I'm very happy, particularly about Neilson.  The way he stuck it to the 4th officials, the attacking substitutions, slagging of the referees in Glasgow after the game.

 

I've been wrong many times but I feel strongly that he really has the bit between his teeth and everyone is behind him.

 

It's a really good feeling.

Agreed. I slagged him off last season but am currently eating a shit load of humble pie. With better players he has us not only getting results but playing nice football. I think we are in for a very good season. 50/1 Hearts to win the league and 3/1 without the OF May turn out to be my best investment for years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Agreed. I slagged him off last season but am currently eating a shit load of humble pie. With better players he has us not only getting results but playing nice football. I think we are in for a very good season. 50/1 Hearts to win the league and 3/1 without the OF May turn out to be my best investment for years. 

I slagged him off as well and delighted to be proven wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Either someone is trying to make a point when editing the BBC gossip page or other clubs are really getting genuinely ticked off with the SFA officials favouring the OF.

 

Also Morelos could've played for the whole weekend and never scored a goal judging by the highlights. Not at the races and looks a bit hefty.

… I thought this as well. Not so much with the gossip column - but more in general. There seems to be more dissenting voices these days towards the uglies/spfl/SFA. Graham Alexander certainly had a pop (quite rightly) yesterday… it’s about time they were called out, long overdue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

… I thought this as well. Not so much with the gossip column - but more in general. There seems to be more dissenting voices these days towards the uglies/spfl/SFA. Graham Alexander certainly had a pop (quite rightly) yesterday… it’s about time they were called out, long overdue. 

The problem in Scotland as we all know is that with 2 massive clubs it is hard enough to compete but when you add in the SFA officials, the SPFL voting structures and the media efforts to destabilise anyone who puts a run of results together, you can only have a recipe for disaster. Scottish football has become a backwater because the cards are stacked. The fact that 4 times a season some eyes outside Scotland take in the, um, "passion" of an OF match is irrelevant in the big scheme of things. 

 

The other clubs simply have to stand up to the OF and the blazers. Their 40-year two horse race is a disaster not a cause of pride...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
27 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The problem in Scotland as we all know is that with 2 massive clubs it is hard enough to compete but when you add in the SFA officials, the SPFL voting structures and the media efforts to destabilise anyone who puts a run of results together, you can only have a recipe for disaster. Scottish football has become a backwater because the cards are stacked. The fact that 4 times a season some eyes outside Scotland take in the, um, "passion" of an OF match is irrelevant in the big scheme of things. 

 

The other clubs simply have to stand up to the OF and the blazers. Their 40-year two horse race is a disaster not a cause of pride...

Absolutely!… the only thing I take some (little) comfort from is that, due to all of the above, they are now a virtual irrelevance in Europe. Due to them getting everything handed to them on a plate, when it comes to Europe, they can’t handle the ‘un-stacked’ deck that is unbiased officials, UEFA treating them as ‘just another team’ etc. etc. They’ve become victims of their own bent/corrupt dominance. You would think that ‘actual’ competition in Scotland, would prepare them better for bigger Euro games… but they don’t seem to want that. 
 

FTSFA FTSPFL FTOF

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The problem in Scotland as we all know is that with 2 massive clubs it is hard enough to compete but when you add in the SFA officials, the SPFL voting structures and the media efforts to destabilise anyone who puts a run of results together, you can only have a recipe for disaster. Scottish football has become a backwater because the cards are stacked. The fact that 4 times a season some eyes outside Scotland take in the, um, "passion" of an OF match is irrelevant in the big scheme of things. 

 

The other clubs simply have to stand up to the OF and the blazers. Their 40-year two horse race is a disaster not a cause of pride...

This is a very good post. It’s the whole collection of advantages the old firm have, added together that enables their stranglehold. 

Edited by GinRummy
Link to post
Share on other sites
CornhillHearts

Hello all,

 

As ever thanks for the feedback, it really is appreciated and will be passed on.

 

As before, I don’t think the original person replying required to apologise and I certainly wasn’t looking for one. It also wasn’t my intention to take the thread off topic.

 

I recognise that some of content and perhaps particularly the vlogging part of Aaron’s content isn’t for everyone. I also realise, as does he, that given he’s now an adult the stuff he produces will be scrutinised a lot closer and that he’ll need to grow that thick skin. The reality is it’s water off a ducks back to him and I really admire him for that.

 

Without wanting to blow his trumpet on his behalf, I often forget how much he’s achieved and how hard he works in order to be able to attend games and produce other content online.

 

I think the next few years is going to be very interesting in terms of the way traditional media goes and I think that Aaron is currently giving himself a decent opportunity of being there.

 

Finally, I can assure everyone that I’m very proud of what he does.

 

Regards,

 

Faither

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Someone on here having a go at young Aaron? That is truly hard to credit.

It’s not really though is it. I enjoy Aaron’s vlogs but if you put yourself out there you have to accept criticism. I’m sure both him and his dad know this as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen this when I was out for a walk this afternoon. Some sad ****** spent money on this and stuck it on a lampost on Lasswade Road. I assume skunk is the obvious choice for these bams 

IMG_20211017_195427.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Japan Jambo
22 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Just watched the highlights. As predicted, the Aribo ‘tackle’ did not feature. All I can say is that Ibrox must be the only place in world football where grabbing someone by the throat isn’t a straight red.

 

Commentators didn’t mention it, of course.

 

Every bit as much of a scandal as the ref not acting in the first place. It's difficult enough to break up the duopoly but when the lickspittles that float around our game like flies 'round a shite are complicit in the charade it's no wonder donkey can't sell it to anyone - it's rigged from the get go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyBeach
4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

thats my view, when i saw it on a stream yesterday i thought there was not enough contact for a foul. however after seeing replays it is clear the rangers player has no intention of playing the ball only to foul boyce

No question. He deliberately leans into Boyce and knocks him off balance. No attempt to play the ball whatsoever.

But it’s TRFC, it’s Ibrox, they need the result so if it’s within the officials’ power, they’ll get it…

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not read through the thread so not sure if I may be repeating something which has already been said. At the final whistle to say I was very pleased with the point we got is an understatement. Maybe I then adopted the wrong chain of thought on the bus home but all I could realy think about was whether or not we could have come away with all 3 points if we had played in the same manner for longer in the game rather than just producing the goods in the last half an hour, when we were so far on top. In hindsight you can never tell how Rangers would have played if we had been on a more forward footing for longer, we may have won, there again we may have lost, and it isn't possible to be disappointed with a point today.

Good post, somes up the majority of fans take on the game.

Edited by Gambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Think Doug needs a holiday

Syrian refugee camps are great at this time of year.  He could try that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

Yet they completely ignore the BBC commentary when Morellos does a great impression of Basketball Barry and handles the ball, possibly onto a Hearts players arm. The commentary went a little like this "Rangers players with their arms in the air claiming a penalty for hand ball and you can see in the replay Cochrane clearly handling the ball". Of course what actually happened was that 3 or 4 Hearts players were claiming for the Morellos hand ball, which was quite clear in the replay, and none, that is ZERO Rangers players claimed for a penalty.

BBC bias against "THEM" as ever?

 

That will be shining bright 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Victor Meldrew
17 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

 

I think in 1978 Archie Gemmill had the option to square the ball (to 3 Scotland players?!) for a tap in, but luckily he finished classily by lifting the ball over the keeper. That's all McKay had to do, give it a bit of height.

I think that when you're 1-0 down in an important m match, you need to 'play the percentages' and square the ball to the guy in the middle with the better chance of scoring. If we'd been ahead, I'd have said it's fair enough for him to have a pop on his own.

 

Oh well, we got the draw in the end anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3
1 hour ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I think that when you're 1-0 down in an important m match, you need to 'play the percentages' and square the ball to the guy in the middle with the better chance of scoring. If we'd been ahead, I'd have said it's fair enough for him to have a pop on his own.

 

Oh well, we got the draw in the end anyway.

His focus was surely on sticking it in the net one on one. The composure to pass not knowing  how close the chasing pack was would have been impressive. Maybe at 3 nil up. McGregor saves it with a leg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hagar the Horrible

Let’s look at the phycology of our result.  Yes Sevco played out of their skins in the first half. Yes they could have scored more and had the game won, Only if you had blue tinted specs.  So I will include the media in that. if you look at the game as a whole we took a lot more than they did.

The first half if I take my maroon glasses off.  That was the best I have seen them play,  I was hoping to get in at half time unscathed, but it took a great strike to beat Craig. Nevertheless despite all the pressure, hunting us in packs, winning the ball back, winning soft freekicks (Hagi).  Craig Gordon did what he does, and pull of the saves he expects to make. At half time we were still in a game that against that performance.  So for all that effort for very little reward, it is going to bite you.  Yes that performance would have blown most sides away, but they did raise their game against us.  I was listening to their naturally biased commentary that was understandably enjoying it, but they missed the point!  They said Hearts would tire by not having the ball and chasing the game.  Sorry but they just have not been paying attention.  We are talking about a Robbie side that look fit, the triple training sessions worked.  All we had to do was ride out until they burned out.

In the second half it was more of an even game to begin with, but the last quarter it was all us, and had the game gone on for a few more minutes we would have won.  I called that at Half time and called them out.  When you looked at the benches, we had way and by far the stronger one.

 

So how will this affect both sides?  We will take out a lot of confidence on this, whereas Rangers had to play out of their skins just to win a point.  Yeah I said win a point not drop two! The next time we play, they will know and we should remind them of that, that they will have to somehow did deep and play like that just to get another draw.  To beat us, they would have had to play like that for 90 minutes.  It’s a big ask and demoralising when you hand a huge punch and the opponent gets up, dusts himself off and just looks angrier. 

 

Yes Sevco had a lot of chances, but only after a corrupt linesman kept his flag down.  Roofe’s shot that CG turned onto the post was well offside,  Boyce and Ginnelly were flagged offside when clearly they were not, They should have had 2 red cards, we also had a strong penalty claim.  They got a hard earned point but only because they had a lot of help.

 

We need to start getting into their heads that they burned out; we were the fitter stronger team. We have a better squad a better bench.  Over the 90 I thought we were the better team.  How many times have we done that to the OF and came away with nothing?  We had the quality, that they do not have to get results on another day we would have lost. Their keeper and indeed their entire backline looked nervous at the end and our late pressure paid off.  Kingsley said at the end we are going nowhere, pretty soon we need to start talking as though do Sevco have what it takes to keep up with us?  They were breathing out their erchies, we could have gone on for another 30mins

 

So I will send this message to Sevco and their fans;  You will need to be better than that just to get a draw, and not all Refs will help you out.  Are you up to it?  We will be better and stronger with every game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2021 at 17:17, sadj said:

Pretty sure @Locky is still lying at the bottom of the stairs celebrating 

I've just got my breath back from the celebrations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3

Super header from Halkett. Would have been easy to miss it having  come through bodies. Sweet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Anyone else notice Soapy celebrating? 

 

Looked chuffed to bits which was a nice roond ye to the Hun rags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
55 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Let’s look at the phycology of our result.  Yes Sevco played out of their skins in the first half. Yes they could have scored more and had the game won, Only if you had blue tinted specs.  So I will include the media in that. if you look at the game as a whole we took a lot more than they did.

The first half if I take my maroon glasses off.  That was the best I have seen them play,  I was hoping to get in at half time unscathed, but it took a great strike to beat Craig. Nevertheless despite all the pressure, hunting us in packs, winning the ball back, winning soft freekicks (Hagi).  Craig Gordon did what he does, and pull of the saves he expects to make. At half time we were still in a game that against that performance.  So for all that effort for very little reward, it is going to bite you.  Yes that performance would have blown most sides away, but they did raise their game against us.  I was listening to their naturally biased commentary that was understandably enjoying it, but they missed the point!  They said Hearts would tire by not having the ball and chasing the game.  Sorry but they just have not been paying attention.  We are talking about a Robbie side that look fit, the triple training sessions worked.  All we had to do was ride out until they burned out.

In the second half it was more of an even game to begin with, but the last quarter it was all us, and had the game gone on for a few more minutes we would have won.  I called that at Half time and called them out.  When you looked at the benches, we had way and by far the stronger one.

 

So how will this affect both sides?  We will take out a lot of confidence on this, whereas Rangers had to play out of their skins just to win a point.  Yeah I said win a point not drop two! The next time we play, they will know and we should remind them of that, that they will have to somehow did deep and play like that just to get another draw.  To beat us, they would have had to play like that for 90 minutes.  It’s a big ask and demoralising when you hand a huge punch and the opponent gets up, dusts himself off and just looks angrier. 

 

Yes Sevco had a lot of chances, but only after a corrupt linesman kept his flag down.  Roofe’s shot that CG turned onto the post was well offside,  Boyce and Ginnelly were flagged offside when clearly they were not, They should have had 2 red cards, we also had a strong penalty claim.  They got a hard earned point but only because they had a lot of help.

 

We need to start getting into their heads that they burned out; we were the fitter stronger team. We have a better squad a better bench.  Over the 90 I thought we were the better team.  How many times have we done that to the OF and came away with nothing?  We had the quality, that they do not have to get results on another day we would have lost. Their keeper and indeed their entire backline looked nervous at the end and our late pressure paid off.  Kingsley said at the end we are going nowhere, pretty soon we need to start talking as though do Sevco have what it takes to keep up with us?  They were breathing out their erchies, we could have gone on for another 30mins

 

So I will send this message to Sevco and their fans;  You will need to be better than that just to get a draw, and not all Refs will help you out.  Are you up to it?  We will be better and stronger with every game!

 

Fantastic post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Homme said:

 

:rofl:

 

The picture they offer up as 'proof' :lol:

 

"While the image is blurry" is the only factual part of that entire report! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

"While the image is blurry" is the only factual part of that entire report! 

 

image.jpg

 

:laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jean Louis Valois
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Anyone else notice Soapy celebrating? 

 

Looked chuffed to bits which was a nice roond ye to the Hun rags.

Great too see. Would be interesting to have seen our dugout at the goal with McCulloch and Halliday there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads

blob:https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/d544071f-e31d-449c-a52e-b3741e29ff7d

 

Tried to post this but I don't think it will link, from The Record, showing Bucky bottles retrieved fro Ibrox after the game v Lyon.

 

Pure class.

Edited by upgotheheads
Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
15 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

No question. He deliberately leans into Boyce and knocks him off balance. No attempt to play the ball whatsoever.

But it’s TRFC, it’s Ibrox, they need the result so if it’s within the officials’ power, they’ll get it…

 

I have never been a fan of VAR, but in retrospect the officials must be dreading it coming in because they won't be able to get away with some of the stuff they do now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

 

image.jpg

 

:laugh:

conclusive evidence that four Hearts players were in the box. One of them might be Boycie.

 

case closed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Led Tasso
On 17/10/2021 at 06:04, CornhillHearts said:

You’re entitled to your opinion, no issue from me on that.

 

No doubt there are things we all find “annoying” about others, he’s had plenty stick online from folk, usually something really original like him wearing specks or having spots or suchlike.

 

Being a Hearts fan from Leith comes with it’s challenges but he’s thankfully not had many issues, as I think he comes across as pretty balanced in his content and when people actually meet him realise what a great lad he is.
 

There are areas he could do better in, which he continues to work on, (he’s just started a degree in journalism) and believe me I’m his biggest fan but also his biggest critic, but I often have to remind myself when I’m giving him feedback that he’s the one making the content, mistakes and all, and is constantly evolving.

 

The only thing I would say is there are plenty people who would disagree with your opinion.
 

I think he’s doing ok.

 

 

I always enjoy those and appreciate you posting them. For someone who only can get to Tynecastle once every several years if I'm lucky, they give a great sense of the occasion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Led Tasso

Before we move on to next week, I'm wondering now that the excitement has cooled, how much impact folk think the shape had on the first half.

 

At the time some on here were commenting that it was our midfield two versus their midfield three. Robbie's teams have always relied on passing through the midfield and we always seem to get flustered when that gets shut down.

 

I love Woodburn's potential and don't want to be too down on him but he might as well have not been on the pitch for large stretches of the game. I keep wondering if, instead of the 3-4-3, we'd gone with more of a 3-5-2 with Haring and Beni playing in the standard midfield spots on left and right and Devlin positioned somewhat centrally but given free reign to run the length of the pitch, would that have solved the issue?

 

Not to even say Robbie got the selection wrong -- we'd been flying in the 3-4-3 and no reason to change it up. Just thinking about future games if other managers watch the Rangers tape and pack their midfields with three to try to shut us down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/10/2021 at 02:27, Wee Mikey said:

 

Put it this way: Mark Kermode has nothing to fear from your insightful critical nous.

 

Oh, and just what on earth are 'bnads'?

 

All you did was cast aspertions towards a young man who goes out and does it; and without even a hint of what it is about his efforts that makes them 'not great' or what it is you find personally 'annoying' about someone who has consistently garnered praise and was up for an award for his efforts.

 

Yes, I always 'rate' any arty thing that I ever see. Most people do. But, unlike you, I don't resort to simply slagging them off if I find them less than perfect.

 

 

 

 

I can't stand Mark Kermode.  His verbosity really annoys me.  Why give an opinion in 100 words when I can babble on for 10,000 words and bore the pants off everyone before getting to the fecking point.  I miss Barry Norman.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...