***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Really hope Robbie has been training with 10 men and has read the riot act about giving the referee any sort of decision to make.

Cannot be sliding in or doing anything reckless. 

This is a Glasgow ref reffing in Glasgow so we can’t afford to do anything rash because it’s only going to end one way.

Even if/when we go down to 10 (which I think is even more of a possibility than usual as it's likely to be a very competitive game) strangely I'm still optimistic. Depending when we get someone sent off, we have enough good defenders and DMs to shore up the back and middle and enough wingers to play on the break, plus we can bring Gnando on as a target up top. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

16 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Is anyone able to get the full interviews with Robbie & Mickey? 

I've signed in but only get 30 seconds..

I’m having the same issue. Always seem to only get 30 seconds even though I’ve logged in with my ST details. 

1 minute ago, Mrs C said:

I’m having the same issue. Always seem to only get 30 seconds even though I’ve logged in with my ST details. 

Do ST get full access to Hearts TV? I thought it's a paid subscription and ST only gets access to the games.

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

Do ST get full access to Hearts TV? I thought it's a paid subscription and ST only gets access to the games.

I thought we got access to interviews and home games this season. Might be totally wrong though!

Tennant's  6's
27 minutes ago, Mrs C said:

I thought we got access to interviews and home games this season. Might be totally wrong though!

You might need to renew your subscription. I was sure that it's always done it automatically in the past but not this time..

Edited by Tennant's 6's

I have no idea how this will go....Our record is poor.......But....but....we have a new mentality this year.....Good squad indeed.....They need to keep their discipline and play their own game.....It's possible we could take 3 points.....Lets hope it is anything bar defeat......We would be the talking point for the next week if we top the league after 9 games having beaten both arse cheeks this season so far.......We have to beleive...

ROBBIE NEILSON PRE-MATCH

https://t.co/l5VFDXvj5Q

Massive game for both Robbie and the team. Few interesting decisions to make regarding the team, the main one being does Souttar come straight back in for Moore. 

Good to hear we’re in talks with Gordon about extending his contract and it’s encouraging to hear Robbie saying we’re going to Ibrox to win… (talk is cheap though I accept). 

Been a while since I’ve been so hopeful of getting a result away to the Old-Firm, but we didn’t cover ourselves in glory at Parkhead in the cup, so hopefully Robbie has learnt something from that match. 

Reads appreciated, Michael Smith interview up tomorrow. 

Edited by Jamiemac

7 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

ROBBIE NEILSON PRE-MATCH

Massive game for both Robbie and the team. Few interesting decisions to make regarding the team, the main one being does Souttar come straight back in for Moore. 

Good to hear we’re in talks with Gordon about extending his contract and it’s encouraging to hear Robbie saying we’re going to Ibrox to win… (talk is cheap though I accept). 

Been a while since I’ve been so hopeful of getting a result away to the Old-Firm, but we didn’t cover ourselves in glory at Parkhead in the cup, so hopefully Robbie has learnt something from that match. 

Good stuff Jamie 👍

Exile fae Main Street

How many times have we been here before! Heart says win for Jam Tarts - head says usual doing ahead! On paper we at least match them, possibly better them in every position. But still have a sense of dread - wish we had them at Tynie with a repeat of Bednar's goal and result are keep the unbeaten run goin.....but am nervous for us.

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Really hope Robbie has been training with 10 men and has read the riot act about giving the referee any sort of decision to make.

Cannot be sliding in or doing anything reckless. 

This is a Glasgow ref reffing in Glasgow who likely supports a Glasgow club so we can’t afford to do anything rash because it’s only going to end one way.

Added a wee bit there for you 👍

Exile fae Main Street

Do have a feeling that Woodburn will score...and actually a bit of a gut feeling that we'll score two.....but still nervous as Hell!

2 hours ago, Largo said:

Right prediction for the Champions V HMFC on Saturday .

Hopefully the Jambos come and have a go at it, it has the potential to be a decent game of football. First goal will be crucial if Rangers score first then the I believe HMFC could struggle to get back in the game if HMFC score first then it's game on, do HMFC try to hold out or do they keep playing with a high tempo again this will depend on the time the first goal is scored .

My prediction 2-1 

But if the Champions turn up from last season then it will be a stroll in the park .

To all the Jambos coming through enjoy your day and lets hear you 👍

I'll be back on Sunday with my honest opinion on the game, so i'll expect all the weegie bassa and sevco  hun comments in reply to my post .🤣🤣

Not been through to ibrox in years. What pubs will be fine for both set of supporter? as im going through with my best mate who is rangers.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Do have a feeling that Woodburn will score...and actually a bit of a gut feeling that we'll score two.....but still nervous as Hell!

I get the feeling that tomorrow Woodburn effectively starts to win a move to Rangers next season.

18 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Added a wee bit there for you 👍

Yup. How can we expect impartiality when the SFA recruit referees exclusively from the 3 associations that border/are in Glasgow? There are 12 refereeing associations and I couldn't tell you out of the current crop which ones aren't from the west coast.

Collum, Madden, Robertson, Mclean, Beaton, Son of Dallas, Walsh I reckon all of them come from either Glasgow, Lanarkshire or Renfrewshire. 

I'd love to know when we last had top flight referees from Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, Fife, Angus & Perthshire. I'd also love to know when the last time we had a FIFA listed referee from any of those associations and how many of the current crop are from the aforementioned 3 associations. 

Honestly, the stats are out there and they could be used to absolutely crucify the SFA for obvious bias but no one seems to compile the stats. Levein had his stat of 5 Edinburgh referees in a Scottish cup final in its entire history which tells a lot. A budding journo could have a field day looking into it all. 

Edited by OTT

Was feeling fairly confident about this game, but just checked who the ref is for tomorrow.  Don Robertson.  They’ve put the boot in there, waste of time even turning up.  Our record when he referees our games is atrocious.  Will be extremely surprised if we finish with 11 men.  Some of the decisions he’s given against us over the years have been ludicrous.  

22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I get the feeling that tomorrow Woodburn effectively starts to win a move to Rangers next season.

Gerrard is the USP for young players from england  moving to Rangers. He's going at the end of this season I reckon, I don't think Woodburn would move to Rangers otherwise. Plenty of clubs downsouth, plus being Welsh he might fancy a move to Cardiff or Swansea assuming Liverpool let him leave. 

Edited by OTT

I’m in France so I’ll have to get a steam tomorrow . 1-0 for the JT’s, feeling fairly confident for the first time in a while in us getting a result at Ibrox.

7 minutes ago, One five said:

I’m in France so I’ll have to get a steam tomorrow . 1-0 for the JT’s, feeling fairly confident for the first time in a while in us getting a result at Ibrox.

You'll get a stream on Hesgoal or viprow. If you're using a vpn, livetv. Sx 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Cheers bud, Yeah I’ve used Hesgoal before so will give that a go 👍

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I still use Hearts TV but then use a VPN to access the live stream on it

More money to the club 👊

We do not have a great record in Glasgow and despite various conspiracy theories it's simply because on the whole we were not good enough.

These are the tests for clubs looking to challenge or even compete at the top end of the league.

We'll find out just how far we have come tomorrow and it will take an almighty effort to get a result.

It's not the end if we are defeated but the performance might give us confidence for the rest of the season.

Fans have seen the sit back and hope to frustrate performance time after time when even a 2 goal defeat is seen as okay....will we have the confidence to play more on the front foot, take the game to them knowing we risk a heavy defeat ?

Will fans be able to accept this time we tried to play it different in the hope of getting a more positive result if it results in a defeat ?

I suspect we are a much improved side but the jump to the top of the league would be beyond expectations............but there is a chance, slim perhaps but still a chance.

This side could still do with more quality in certain positions but it looks as though we are on the right path.

You don't get many chances to go top and even fewer to beat one of the Glasgow so called 'giants' in doing so...........Just do our best, give our all physically and in terms of discipline personally and in team shape.

Try to get over the fear factor which like it or not still exists and have confidence in what you do not fear in what they might do.

I predicted on here 3-0 v livi and 2-0 v m'well so I'm going for the hattrick tomorrow - 2-1 Hearts! Woodburn and Boyce. Late consolation goal for der hun. 

We've got a good side and there seems to be a bit of confidence amongst Robbie and the players.  I'm hoping we stick with the same starting line up and formation we've had the last 2 games. 

Come on ye Hearts! 🇱🇻 

You can be positive play on the front foot and still keep a defensive shape. This parking the bus shite hardly ever pays off. We have players with pace, players who can hurt any team. Send them out positive Neilson 

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

You can be positive play on the front foot and still keep a defensive shape. This parking the bus shite hardly ever pays off. We have players with pace, players who can hurt any team. Send them out positive Neilson 

I think we have players who can really punish teams on the break. I’d expect us to play a bit deeper from the start and try to exploit that. I’d be surprised if we took any other approach tbh. 

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We do not have a great record in Glasgow

On the one hand yes but on the other hand; the last two times we were in Glasgow we put five in total past Celtic, two at Parkhead and three at Hampden. That's more than we've ever had in the entire career of some managers.

Neilson knows how to play the two arsecheeks, it's just a case of whether this new and on form team is up for it as much as the rest of us are.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think we have players who can really punish teams on the break. I’d expect us to play a bit deeper from the start and try to exploit that. I’d be surprised if we took any other approach tbh. 

My problem with that mate is especially through there, lose early goal and any tactics go out the window. Hearts have never went gun ho even at Tynie .I just want to see players being brave, move into space when it’s available and make them turn and make defenders go into areas they aren’t comfortable in. 

3 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

late winner for a 1-0 win to the Super JT's and utter carnage to ensue in the corner.

Hope so Mars

My problem with that mate is especially through there, lose early goal and any tactics go out the window. Hearts have never went gun ho even at Tynie .I just want to see players being brave, move into space when it’s available and make them turn and make defenders go into areas they aren’t comfortable in. 

Was saying the exact same earlier. It's crucial the players don't freeze and have the confidence to play their own game. Been through there umpteen times and the game is over as a contest after half an hour. 

I hear you. I just can’t see it happening. The cup final v tims and the league game this season against them, certainly to start with, we were quite cautious then got more attack minded as the game went on. I fully expect a similar approach tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

On the one hand yes but on the other hand; the last two times we were in Glasgow we put five in total past Celtic, two at Parkhead and three at Hampden. That's more than we've ever had in the entire career of some managers.

Neilson knows how to play the two arsecheeks, it's just a case of whether this new and on form team is up for it as much as the rest of us are.

He actually got the first half wrong in the 3-2 game but changed it at half time. Were we 3-0 down at half time? He was too cautious in the cup final and only changed it when we went 2 down. Hopefully he'll have learnt the lessons from those 2 games.

5 hours ago, Largo said:

Right prediction for the Champions V HMFC on Saturday .

Hopefully the Jambos come and have a go at it, it has the potential to be a decent game of football. First goal will be crucial if Rangers score first then the I believe HMFC could struggle to get back in the game if HMFC score first then it's game on, do HMFC try to hold out or do they keep playing with a high tempo again this will depend on the time the first goal is scored .

My prediction 2-1 

But if the Champions turn up from last season then it will be a stroll in the park .

To all the Jambos coming through enjoy your day and lets hear you 👍

I'll be back on Sunday with my honest opinion on the game, so i'll expect all the weegie bassa and sevco  hun comments in reply to my post .🤣🤣

A stroll in the park.  The Campions with a capital C.

31 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He has said that he will be doing exactly that Clerry.

31 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

late winner for a 1-0 win to the Super JT's and utter carnage to ensue in the corner.

It feels that way doesn’t it?

Just have a go.

Don't try to be a smart-arse and over-think it.

Get at them.

Don't shite it like we have so many times over several decades.

Without looking it up, isn't his record against Rangers not too bad? Something like P6 W3 D1 L2 with one of those wins coming at Ibrox. They aren't great, good but not great and certainly not as good as they were last season. 

It really is a chance to let them worry about what we can do and not the other way round.

Interesting wee stat.  Hamilton are currently playing Partick Thistle at home and according to my phone they are dominating possession.  They are also losing 6-0.

I expect new rangers to dominate possession against us tomorrow.  Regarding the above, I certainly hope they do.

❤❤❤❤❤❤

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Just have a go.

Don't try to be a smart-arse and over-think it.

Get at them.

Don't shite it like we have so many times over several decades.

Absolutely 👍

1 hour ago, Halliphax said:

Which of these games did we win?

How many did we concede?

Not really a big game, should be treated the same as every other game, 100% effort and keep progressing.

Certainly won't define our season, be very interesting to see how we compete in midfield though.

It's just another game and should be treated as such.

5 hours ago, Jamiemac said:

ROBBIE NEILSON PRE-MATCH

👍 nice one Jamie! Glad to hear Robbie is going there to play our usual game. If we do, I fancy us to take something from hunbrox!

30 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👍 nice one Jamie! Glad to hear Robbie is going there to play our usual game. If we do, I fancy us to take something from hunbrox!

Points are there for us to grab. Hibs showed that a fortnight ago. 🤞🏻

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jamiemac said:

Points are there for us to grab. Hibs showed that a fortnight ago. 🤞🏻

Motherwell maybe the better example? 

😜

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Interesting wee stat.  Hamilton are currently playing Partick Thistle at home and according to my phone they are dominating possession.  They are also losing 6-0.

I expect new rangers to dominate possession against us tomorrow.  Regarding the above, I certainly hope they do.

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Another even more interesting wee stat.  A team called Hearts is undefeated in League 1.  Another team called Hearts is undefeated.  No other team in the 4 leagues is undefeated.

Omen?  I think so.