***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

BRAVEHEART1874
6 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I respect this gameplan however it's never been successful against the old firm in Glasgow for Hearts nor many other teams,

I hope Neilson goes all out for the knockout first and hopefully 2nd goals, staying in the game for the first 70 minutes, sitting in is just waiting on a rainy day and a booby prize at the end of the day, hope we start fast and attack them from the first whistle, the referee will be bad enough 

exactly yes press them right from the start and when we start to tire a bit coming up  to 70 mins then we can keep it going with fresh legs coming on from the bench.  I am hoping we are not gambling with possibly a half fit halket, soutar or smith starting and possibly needing subbed early on, meaning 2 subs left instead 3 who could have made a diff. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

willie wallace

Long shot I know but does anyone have spare ticket for Saturday.

Was really looking forward to this but just not quite enough loyalty points.

For the lucky ones have a great day.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I cant see Haring coming in for Devlin - also there was a specific article within the last week that we are not so obsessed with height now and more focussed on technical ability.

I think instinctively Robbie will prefer Souttar to Moore simply down to him having more game experience against the Huns.

That would be harsh on Moore and I agree that he has settled in very nicely the last couple of games and shows signs he could become just as able a defender as Souttar.

I wonder if one answer is Souttar in the middle of the 3 with Halkett dropped as he has been subbed the last 2 games.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

21 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I cant see Haring coming in for Devlin - also there was a specific article within the last week that we are not so obsessed with height now and more focussed on technical ability.

I think instinctively Robbie will prefer Souttar to Moore simply down to him having more game experience against the Huns.

That would be harsh on Moore and I agree that he has settled in very nicely the last couple of games and shows signs he could become just as able a defender as Souttar.

I wonder if one answer is Souttar in the middle of the 3 with Halkett dropped as he has been subbed the last 2 games.

A Soapy/Moore combo isn’t outwith the realms of possibility particularly given CH’s recent back issues. Both are ball playing CHs and Moore is also excellent in the air. Hope the only change involves Soapy (if that). No need for change anywhere else (assuming all are fit).

Our set up and approach should just be as you were. It’s working well and will continue to do so 😏

We are in a good place going in to this match,  heart says 1-2 for the Famous but i would be happy to come away from Ibrox still being undefeated in the league.

Edited by Boyces beard

Neilson's best signing in the summer was his new dictionary which had the term eye-bleeding removed.  He has us playing real entertaining football now.  Creating numerous chances in every game.  Conversion into goals could be better.

Other than one poster who thinks we will be 3 goals down at half time, everyone is saying we're going there with a sporting chance.

I don't think Neilson will change the starting line-up and I don't think he should.

Really looking forward to it.  A wee bit of luck wouldn't go astray.  Like us scoring a deflected goal rather than them 

I'm quite excited for it but always have that fear of dread going through there. Arguably our best opportunity to get a result with then being off form and us playing well and looking solid.

Seen it so many times. Where we go through and concede early and capitulate or get a man sent off. 

Vaguely mind when Levein was in charge 3 seasons back and we got beat 3-1 after playing the world's worst offside trap.

Fingers crossed the ref keeps a cool head and the players rise to the occasion.

I have mixed feelings about this one.  I just can't see the GFA officials giving us anything in this game but if we hold out or even get a couple of early goals to defend, their scumbag fans will get on their back and we may just take the points.

6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Are Rangers being forced to do this vaccine passport check nonsense on Saturday?

No it's still the grace period.

If we can't keep Soapy, I'm not against getting what we can for him and reinvesting it in making Moores move permanent. My understanding from Savages interviews is that all our loan deals would have been permanent moves if finances/parent club had allowed. If we have some cash to play with then keeping Moore would be a solid idea IMO. 

4 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

I have mixed feelings about this one.  I just can't see the GFA officials giving us anything in this game but if we hold out or even get a couple of early goals to defend, their scumbag fans will get on their back and we may just take the points.

Especially when there's going to be 50,000 orcs screaming blue murder at him, we will have to be prepared for that.

Was feeling a little dour about this on Monday but the optimism is starting to take hold. Beni and Cammy are going to run the midfield like they've taken out a mortgage.

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Agree totally. When the game kicks off there will be eleven on each side, what their players earn in comparison to ours becomes irrelevant once the game starts. Like us Rangers have some decent players, but none that I'd class as superstars, and if we compete with them it doesn't matter how much a player earns they can still make mistakes.

And if we do compete with them successfully then their fan base will get as frustrated as their players. Sitting in allows the opposition to run at you, which in turn increases the possibility of rash/panicky tackles, bookings or worse. If we do lose I'd prefer it to be because they played better than us rather than we failed to turn up. In saying that I still think that a draw at least isn't out of the question and if things go our way we could possibly bring three points home. Go and play with no fear.

My half sister
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Neilson's best signing in the summer was his new dictionary which had the term eye-bleeding removed.  He has us playing real entertaining football now.  Creating numerous chances in every game.  Conversion into goals could be better.

Other than one poster who thinks we will be 3 goals down at half time, everyone is saying we're going there with a sporting chance.

I don't think Neilson will change the starting line-up and I don't think he should.

Really looking forward to it.  A wee bit of luck wouldn't go astray.  Like us scoring a deflected goal rather than them 

Good post mate, you’ve usually got something sensible to say, keep it up!

Rangers have looked a little stuffy, short of ideas and intensity in a few of their matches but have came away edging them. 

The last thing I want to see is Hearts sitting off and drawing the confidence out of Rangers and their tails go up.  It’s happened many times before. We go into facing the one of the old firm with correspondents saying they aren’t particularly firing....we come out hesitant, they sense it and it’s a let down over the 90 minutes.

I like the words from Neilson going into this though but his team will act out his instructions and motivation. Players can let the manager down of course but I have faith in a few wearing maroon who’ll not shirk the responsibility. 

But we need 8 or 9 on top of their game. 

August Landmesser

This early in the season, I'm looking to gradually build a lead over the teams below us, and we can do that by at least matching their results. Hibs & Celtic both lost at Ibrox by a goal, Motherwell drew. So I reckon a point is fine, a win would be great, and a single goal defeat not catastrophic.

As for what will happen? Who knows!

6-3 JTs I suppose

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Agree totally. When the game kicks off there will be eleven on each side, what their players earn in comparison to ours becomes irrelevant once the game starts. Like us Rangers have some decent players, but none that I'd class as superstars, and if we compete with them it doesn't matter how much a player earns they can still make mistakes.

And if we do compete with them successfully then their fan base will get as frustrated as their players. Sitting in allows the opposition to run at you, which in turn increases the possibility of rash/panicky tackles, bookings or worse. If we do lose I'd prefer it to be because they played better than us rather than we failed to turn up. In saying that I still think that a draw at least isn't out of the question and if things go our way we could possibly bring three points home. Go and play with no fear.

You're first paragraph is the issue on here. 

When we play livi, Dundee, Dunfermline or in the extreme Brora very few share that opinion. 

This place is full of we should be beating/ they have no crowds / we should smash them/ we have x2/3 their budget / defeat is unacceptable etc. 

Yet when we play a team with  x 5/6 our budget same folk think we should compete and finance doesn't matter. 

If folk had that opinion for every game  ( or at least acknowledged budget does not dictate every result) then that would make sense, but  they don't and they change their stance to either suit their desired outcome or to set themselves up to have a go. 

Unsure if it could be classed as unconscious or conscious but it's certainly a bug bare of mine  as some folk don't realise they even do it-all the time. They then bang on about it if we drop points to a "lesser" team. 

I'm with you, over 90 I share your attitude but unlike most I also understand that works both ways so when a "lesser" team plays us they'll feel the same, especially when they are at home. 

It's what makes football better than other sports imo. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

On 13/10/2021 at 20:02, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we play souttar, Halkett and Moore and put young Cochrane on the bench with Kingsley playing left wing back 

I think your right. Would not be against going this way away to Rangers, but think against the lesser opponents and at home we should play Kingsley and Cochrane. 

17 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I think your right. Would not be against going this way away to Rangers, but think against the lesser opponents and at home we should play Kingsley and Cochrane. 

I agree as well. Think out of those Cochrane is the weakest.

My brother is a Sevco supporter(idiot) and thinks they are struggling having the crowds back in at Ibrox

Frustrate them and they will quickly lose patience with their side.

I know Ginnelly hasn’t featured much but I think this is a game for him. When he came on in the 3-2 defeat v Celtic he completely changed the game with his pace. He just gave us the option to get up the park and just added a spark where you thought something could happen. He will attempt to go by a man or drive forward and it gets us up the park which we sometimes have problems doing against the old firm. Add in Beni and Devlin and it definitely should give us confidence to compete and look to get a win. In years gone by you just knew that we would lose the battle, get over ran and just lack the quality when in one v one duels against them. This is the most confidence I’ve had in years where I feel we can, and should be aiming to get something. 

with Ginnelly and McKay playing it gives us pace on a large park where if we are honest, counter attacking could be important. It also gives us more chance of something happening if we can get the ball to them. I wouldn’t be against Woodburn playing as you can tell he is a quality player, he will get on the ball and gives us other options in terms of his overall quality. My only concern would be we have too many similar player who play the same way and like the ball to feet, maybe just lacking that bit of something different/creativity/pace in the final third. 

good options to have, let’s hope come the end of the game we have no regrets 🇱🇻 

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

I know Ginnelly hasn’t featured much but I think this is a game for him. When he came on in the 3-2 defeat v Celtic he completely changed the game with his pace. He just gave us the option to get up the park and just added a spark where you thought something could happen. He will attempt to go by a man or drive forward and it gets us up the park which we sometimes have problems doing against the old firm. Add in Beni and Devlin and it definitely should give us confidence to compete and look to get a win. In years gone by you just knew that we would lose the battle, get over ran and just lack the quality when in one v one duels against them. This is the most confidence I’ve had in years where I feel we can, and should be aiming to get something. 

with Ginnelly and McKay playing it gives us pace on a large park where if we are honest, counter attacking could be important. It also gives us more chance of something happening if we can get the ball to them. I wouldn’t be against Woodburn playing as you can tell he is a quality player, he will get on the ball and gives us other options in terms of his overall quality. My only concern would be we have too many similar player who play the same way and like the ball to feet, maybe just lacking that bit of something different/creativity/pace in the final third. 

I was literally going to post the same thing about Gino

If he is fit and ready to go, throwing him in against them on a wide pitch would be a spanner in the works for Rangers i think. They struggled to manage Boyle at times because of his direct pace. Its difficult knowing who to drop, as both Mckay and Woodburn have been very good. But starting Gino and burning at them early on might be enough

Keep it tight at the back and don't make any silly mistakes. Play it to feet up front. Quietly confident about this match.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

My brother is a Sevco supporter(idiot) and thinks they are struggling having the crowds back in at Ibrox

Frustrate them and they will quickly lose patience with their side.

Yip, the big crowd that can roar them on to big wins can become thier achilles heel. 

They do turn quickly, their sense of entitlement has no bounds. 

IMO They are a couple of results from chucking the toys out of the pram. 

A pk save and a daft defender has saved this from happening already. 

On the flip side I'd expect them to hit form at some point. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

BerraBelieveit
1 hour ago, 5jambo1 said:

Spot on. 

We have a different level of confidence this season due to the quality options we have. 

Send on tomorrow! 

On 14/10/2021 at 11:24, mickycameron98 said:

I've got a horrible fear that Devlin will get a red card. If we can keep our discipline and the referee isn't a bellend then we can definitely come away with something here.

Really hope Robbie has been training with 10 men and has read the riot act about giving the referee any sort of decision to make.

Cannot be sliding in or doing anything reckless. 

This is a Glasgow ref reffing in Glasgow so we can’t afford to do anything rash because it’s only going to end one way.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Cracking fixture. Shame it's not on TV. Little wonder we get so little money when a game like this isn't on 

Indeed.

I've half wondered if it is deliberate to protect the OF's season ticket base - if their big home games were always on TV then they'd probably feel it. SPFL is rotten.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Indeed.

I've half wondered if it is deliberate to protect the OF's season ticket base - if their big home games were always on TV then they'd probably feel it. SPFL is rotten.

Are you being serious ? 🤣

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Cracking fixture. Shame it's not on TV. Little wonder we get so little money when a game like this isn't on 

Yip. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, kila said:

Indeed.

That is a good point, although I suspect it is more to do with the viewing figures for their away games. 

The fact it has a double benefit for the OF is just a brucey bonus!

7 minutes ago, Largo said:

Are you being serious ? 🤣

How many OF home games are on TV?  Is it the same number as the rest of us? I don’t think it is…

1 minute ago, kila said:

How many OF home games are on TV?  Is it the same number as the rest of us? I don’t think it is…

I wonder if the long term impact of that would increase TV revenues? 

(changing to home games irrespective of the gruesome twosomes views) 

2 hours ago, 5jambo1 said:

Same as the cup final, I thought he completely changed the game. Think he thrives on a bigger park

26 minutes ago, kila said:

Indeed.

This has ALWAYS been the case.  TV shows away arse cheek fixtures only, with the exception of their shitehole derby's.  This has been the deal within the TV companies negotiations for decades.  It's disguised as being a 'protection' that the TV companies only show 2/3 of each teams home games per season and, surprise ****ing surprise, the home games that are broadcast almost always have one of the weegie tramps featured. 

Keeps their unwash hoards happy that they can watch their 'heroes' on TV when they can't get a ticket for the away ground.

45 minutes ago, kila said:

Indeed.

This is 100% what happens but I assume its down to viewing figures instead of taking away season tickets. OF home games are never on the TV unless it's against each other.

Right prediction for the Champions V HMFC on Saturday .

Hopefully the Jambos come and have a go at it, it has the potential to be a decent game of football. First goal will be crucial if Rangers score first then the I believe HMFC could struggle to get back in the game if HMFC score first then it's game on, do HMFC try to hold out or do they keep playing with a high tempo again this will depend on the time the first goal is scored .

My prediction 2-1 

But if the Champions turn up from last season then it will be a stroll in the park .

To all the Jambos coming through enjoy your day and lets hear you 👍

I'll be back on Sunday with my honest opinion on the game, so i'll expect all the weegie bassa and sevco  hun comments in reply to my post .🤣🤣

33 minutes ago, Largo said:

Right prediction for the Champions V HMFC on Saturday .

Hopefully the Jambos come and have a go at it, it has the potential to be a decent game of football. First goal will be crucial if Rangers score first then the I believe HMFC could struggle to get back in the game if HMFC score first then it's game on, do HMFC try to hold out or do they keep playing with a high tempo again this will depend on the time the first goal is scored .

My prediction 2-1 

But if the Champions turn up from last season then it will be a stroll in the park .

To all the Jambos coming through enjoy your day and lets hear you 👍

I'll be back on Sunday with my honest opinion on the game, so i'll expect all the weegie bassa and sevco  hun comments in reply to my post .🤣🤣

Please don't.