Huge Test for Robbie Neilson

lost in space

24 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Neilson signed a 3 year contract that runs until the end of 2022-23 season.

Given the stated target at the start of the season was top 6 (which wasn't a target I approved of, but might sensibly be thought of as minimal acceptable standard this season), I think it is unlikely he'll be sacked purely for coming 5th. If we come 5th, are a long way off 4th, haven't won a game in the second half of the season, haven't had an injury crisis, and go out the cup to a lower league team, he might well be sacked. I think context will be important. For example to my mind, finishing 4th 20points behind 3rd would be a worse finish than finish 5th 2points behind 3rd, as it would suggest a larger gap between where we are and where we want to be.

Precisely - I think places 2-6 could be tight with Celtic, Hibs, Dundee United, and ourselves fighting it out.  Might not be a lot of points between 2nd or 3rd and 6th even.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Gambo

• lost in space

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

We’ve just got a rare point at ibrox. We’re almost a quarter of the way into the season, unbeaten, 2nd place, a point behind Rangers & played both the OF, taking 4 points off them with last minute goals in both games.
We’re 3 clear of Celtic, 4 clear of Hibs, 10 clear of St Johnstone & 11 clear of Aberdeen.
We‘ve scored the same & actually have a better GD than a Rangers side that destroyed everyone last season & will no doubt win the league again.

We’ve got a settled team & formation that lets us play good passing football (most games) & for the first time in years the players we brought in are all genuinely likeable characters who add something to the team.

I wanted Robbie out last season after Brora as well, it was knee jerk but at the time it seemed like the only option to move us forward. Fair play to him he’s put that behind him, changed his tactics & the team shape up, identified weak links & we’re night & day from last season now. 

What else do we need to do before the most vehement anti Robbie posters realise that not only is he the man to take us forward, arguably he’s already taken us forward?

Great posting 

The Hogfather

I wanted him gone after Brora.

I wanted him gone after the Queens defeat a few days later.

I wanted him gone in the summer.

Things change. As long as he keeps us playing like this and getting results like we have, then give him a lifetime deal.

I defended Neilson at every stage last season.

I consistently pointed to his actual record, especially in the league, in every season he's coached or managed Hearts.

So there.

48 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I defended Neilson at every stage last season.

I consistently pointed to his actual record, especially in the league, in every season he's coached or managed Hearts.

So there.

First season, romps the strongest championship division I’ve ever known.  2nd season, finished 3rd (5 points off 2nd). Has us 2nd in league in 3rd season before idiots start their Robbie out campaign. Rejoins, romps the championship.  2nd  season , undefeated in league and a point behind leaders.Yet people still not prepared to give him their full support. Just incredible really. 

16 minutes ago, damo said:

First season, romps the strongest championship division I’ve ever known.  2nd season, finished 3rd (5 points off 2nd). Has us 2nd in league in 3rd season before idiots start their Robbie out campaign. Rejoins, romps the championship.  2nd  season , undefeated in league and a point behind leaders.Yet people still not prepared to give him their full support. Just incredible really. 

People decided he was crap and had to go. They now can't admit they were wrong so just dig their heels in and start/reply to threads designed to have a dig at him. God knows what this place will be like when we finally lose a league game, they will be like dogs on heat

47 minutes ago, XB52 said:

People decided he was crap and had to go. They now can't admit they were wrong so just dig their heels in and start/reply to threads designed to have a dig at him. God knows what this place will be like when we finally lose a league game, they will be like dogs on heat

Take a look at the Sunderland bounce game match thread. :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Take a look at the Sunderland bounce game match thread. :rofl:

That was batshit mental. Losing your shit over very bad results like Brora is perfectly fine and expected and there's a reasonable debate to be had about whether managers should be automatically sacked after such a bad result, or how many bad results should it take before they get sacked, but that thread was something else altogether.

43 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That was batshit mental. Losing your shit over very bad results like Brora is perfectly fine and expected and there's a reasonable debate to be had about whether managers should be automatically sacked after such a bad result, or how many bad results should it take before they get sacked, but that thread was something else altogether.

Sacked for a one off bad result when a few months earlier he’s dispatched Hibs in the semi final and a ball hair away from beating Celtic on penalties (3-3 AET) ? Agree that if the bad results were continuous then a debate can be had but not for a one off game surely ? 

3 minutes ago, damo said:

Sacked for a one off bad result when a few months earlier he’s dispatched Hibs in the semi final and a ball hair away from beating Celtic on penalties (3-3 AET) ? Agree that if the bad results were continuous then a debate can be had but not for a one off game surely ? 

Given the magnitude of the Brora result,  yes.

12 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Given the magnitude of the Brora result,  yes.

Let’s count ourselves lucky there wasn’t much of a debate by the board and he’s still with us. 👍

Edited by damo

Just now, damo said:

Let’s count ourselves lucky there wasn’t much of a debate then and he’s still with us. 👍

Certainly seems to have a motivated squad. A couple of players short that you'd like to see addressed in January.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, damo said:

I was very much in the "Neilson is much better than that Brora result" camp.

In all honesty, I couldn’t care less about being proved right or wrong in any opinions that I put forward. 

Only the club matters, your own ego comes way way behind that. 

Some of these threads make me laugh at times. 

Last season we were poor, piss poor. Our passing was woeful, our desire wasn’t there and we were a cumbersome team where our play (most of the time) was pedestrian to say the least 

At least in comparison to this season. This season, and for the first time in a long time I am really enjoying where we are and how we are playing. It’s much more exciting, the squad is like night and day to last season and there is a desire and will to win within the team that has been missing for a long long time 

For everyone - regardless of what you think about the manager - just enjoy ffs - This is by far the happiest I have been since AB came to the club as I can actually see, for the first time, what we are trying to do, and what we are trying to achieve.

The standards are back and that’s been the thing that has been missing for YEARS. Accepting mediocrity .. look where that got us. It all started to happen when AB handed control over to people who know how to run the football side - no slight on her as she admitted as much but her actually handing over the reins has resulted in a huge turnaround since it happened 

I would dare anyone to say otherwise. Last season I wanted Robbie gone but I am now completely doubting my judgement on this but in a way that makes me happy. 

I was at the point and just last year that when he had one bad result I wanted his head on a stick. 

not anymore, he has banked enough credit in the bank that when we lose a game ( we will soon enough) and when we go on a bad run (it will happen) that he has gained enough credit in the bank to be backed as and when this happens to him. 

No one is bullet proof - the manager isn’t billet proof but for every bit of doubt that I have had the old saying careful what you wish for comes to mind 

Anyway, just think everyone should enjoy it at the moment as we are back challenging and where we always belonged HHGH

I get the reaction to the Brora result in the moment, but I have trouble understanding why it lingers.

Weird results happen in football. The US beat Spain at its peak in the Confederations Cup 3-0. A Neil Lennon-led Celtic team beat Barcelona at its peak in the CL. Heck, I watched from a few yards behind a flimsy temporary fence as the then-Carolina Railhawks beat the LA Galaxy with Landon Donovan, Robbie Keane, and Juninho on a practice pitch in a cup game.

Having been to Brora I understand just how tiny it is and what a gulf in class there is supposed to be between our sides. But it was an almost perfect trap game—COVID was on everyone's mind, it was towards the end of a dreary slog through the Championship playing in front of no fans, and Neilson was still dealing with leftover dross on the roster. It's a long road trip to a tiny stadium in nasty weather.

Was it pretty? Of course not. Would firing be justified after it? Maybe. Holding onto it six months later after taking 4 points from 6 off the OF? I don't get it.

I guess for the OP and his ilk, this Saturday will be another huge test for Neilson. Not the players or other coaching staff, just Robbie Neilson.

Roasters the lot of you.

lost in space
9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

In all honesty, I couldn’t care less about being proved right or wrong in any opinions that I put forward. 

Only the club matters, your own ego comes way way behind that. 

Some of these threads make me laugh at times. 

Last season we were poor, piss poor. Our passing was woeful, our desire wasn’t there and we were a cumbersome team where our play (most of the time) was pedestrian to say the least 

At least in comparison to this season. This season, and for the first time in a long time I am really enjoying where we are and how we are playing. It’s much more exciting, the squad is like night and day to last season and there is a desire and will to win within the team that has been missing for a long long time 

For everyone - regardless of what you think about the manager - just enjoy ffs - This is by far the happiest I have been since AB came to the club as I can actually see, for the first time, what we are trying to do, and what we are trying to achieve.

The standards are back and that’s been the thing that has been missing for YEARS. Accepting mediocrity .. look where that got us. It all started to happen when AB handed control over to people who know how to run the football side - no slight on her as she admitted as much but her actually handing over the reins has resulted in a huge turnaround since it happened 

I would dare anyone to say otherwise. Last season I wanted Robbie gone but I am now completely doubting my judgement on this but in a way that makes me happy. 

I was at the point and just last year that when he had one bad result I wanted his head on a stick. 

not anymore, he has banked enough credit in the bank that when we lose a game ( we will soon enough) and when we go on a bad run (it will happen) that he has gained enough credit in the bank to be backed as and when this happens to him. 

No one is bullet proof - the manager isn’t billet proof but for every bit of doubt that I have had the old saying careful what you wish for comes to mind 

Anyway, just think everyone should enjoy it at the moment as we are back challenging and where we always belonged HHGH

Very good post. Re doubting your judgement on wanting Robbie gone - I dont think you should doubt ythe judgement you had at that time. I and many others had the same view - based on what was happening then. Your view now is based on what is happening now. You are right.

lost in space
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I guess for the OP and his ilk, this Saturday will be another huge test for Neilson. Not the players or other coaching staff, just Robbie Neilson.

Roasters the lot of you.

Try and keep up to date, John. The OP (me) gave an up to date view on Sunday. Have a look at the @Hearts1975post above for a realistic post on where I think many fans are now.

Every game is a test for the manager (maybe not a huge test though). Neilson has "credit in the bank" but if things start to go badly wrong (not 1 game), of course Neilson will be under pressure from a section of the fans again.  The same as any other club.

Roasters, the lot of us?  That did make me laugh. Great word.

15 hours ago, damo said:

The Brora result wasn’t a huge surprise, and thereby hangs a tail.

Having said that, I’m delighted to have been proved wrong in my fears for this season, and long may that continue.  

29 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Try and keep up to date, John. The OP (me) gave an up to date view on Sunday. Have a look at the @Hearts1975post above for a realistic post on where I think many fans are now.

Every game is a test for the manager (maybe not a huge test though). Neilson has "credit in the bank" but if things start to go badly wrong (not 1 game), of course Neilson will be under pressure from a section of the fans again.  The same as any other club.

to be fair to some posters who wanted nielsen out, they have changed their minds. mostly its all based on the point-in-time performances of the team.

I personally try see the longer term and prefer stability. (doesn't always work though as we saw with levein).

budge et al were clearly checking the league table last season which probs kept Nielsen in the role.  Was it bill shankly who said winning the league is your bread and butter...?

To be fair, fans wanting him sacked after Brora in particular is understandable. This was a team that knocked us out, got a home tie next round with Stranraer who went on to win (i think) 3-1 comfortably and without much problem. Neilson has been at the helm over some of our most embarrassing Cup exits in our recent history, including Europe. He's done us pretty well with League campaigns of course but this should be the next signs of improvement for him, taking Cup Ties extremely seriously.

But back to the first sentence....it is understandable why they would want him out the door at the time as we watched the club drift to one disaster after another when we lost 5-0 to Livingston. Levein kept his job and that would've been on a lot of fans' minds after Brora. Would we have been happy if it had started a run of poor performances that shaped how the season ended? 

Hearts fans are no different to any other clubs' fans if things aren't going well. All managers will get the sack at some point unless they themselves decide they've had enough or are head-hunted by bigger clubs. Neilson had to change the style of football we were watching for his own sake as well as the fans. He has so credit where it's due. As long as fear of losing doesn't creep back in if we go on a wee run of poor results and he returns to the tippy-tappy side-to-side defensive stuff then he'll get a bit of respite from the fans. Go back to that shit then who knows, it could all turn rather negative and frustrating again. Let's hope that won't happen, for everyone's sake.

On 18/10/2021 at 09:35, boag1874 said:

We’ve just got a rare point at ibrox. We’re almost a quarter of the way into the season, unbeaten, 2nd place, a point behind Rangers & played both the OF, taking 4 points off them with last minute goals in both games.
We’re 3 clear of Celtic, 4 clear of Hibs, 10 clear of St Johnstone & 11 clear of Aberdeen.
We‘ve scored the same & actually have a better GD than a Rangers side that destroyed everyone last season & will no doubt win the league again.

We’ve got a settled team & formation that lets us play good passing football (most games) & for the first time in years the players we brought in are all genuinely likeable characters who add something to the team.

I wanted Robbie out last season after Brora as well, it was knee jerk but at the time it seemed like the only option to move us forward. Fair play to him he’s put that behind him, changed his tactics & the team shape up, identified weak links & we’re night & day from last season now. 

What else do we need to do before the most vehement anti Robbie posters realise that not only is he the man to take us forward, arguably he’s already taken us forward?

Good post mate, this is where i am at also.

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Ooft, it sounds like you are hoping for a few losses so you can smuggley say "I told you so". Robbie's record speaks for itself, and the idea that the "Robbie/manager oot" brigade exist in all clubs is laughable. Yes fans are fickle, but they are not as dense as to wanting to shoot themselves in the foot to satisfy their strange negative obsession of a man who even has the media speaking of challenging the OF. If we will or not is a different story, but for goodness sake, just enjoy the ride, when we for once are on a good patch. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Ooft, it sounds like you are hoping for a few losses so you can smuggley say "I told you so". Robbie's record speaks for itself, and the idea that the "Robbie/manager oot" brigade exist in all clubs is laughable. Yes fans are fickle, but they are not as dense as to wanting to shoot themselves in the foot to satisfy their strange negative obsession of a man who even has the media speaking of challenging the OF. If we will or not is a different story, but for goodness sake, just enjoy the ride, when we for once are on a good patch. 

Ooft indeed. I can 100% assure you I am hoping for no losses. Of course there will be some.

If you had read my posts (don't worry, I don't expect anybody to do so!), you would have seen that I wanted us to TRY and win every game (rather than not lose it).

As I have said in other posts, I hope Neilson stays for years and is completely unsackable due to our success.

Enjoying the games hugely now and looking forward to Saturday as we are no longer playing the "possession without progression" game used last season and previously under Levein and Neilson.

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Ooft indeed. I can 100% assure you I am hoping for no losses. Of course there will be some.

If you had read my posts (don't worry, I don't expect anybody to do so!), you would have seen that I wanted us to TRY and win every game (rather than not lose it).

As I have said in other posts, I hope Neilson stays for years and is completely unsackable due to our success.

Enjoying the games hugely now and looking forward to Saturday as we are no longer playing the "possession without progression" game used last season and previously under Levein and Neilson.

Decent post.

I honestly don’t think style of the football we are playing this season is a million miles of that last season?

Its obvious the recruitment has helped in its implementation however I’m of the opinion Robbie had the premier league in mind last season and set the team out to play championship football with premier league formations and tactics.

Teams set out to stifle and sit back last season whereas teams this season are more attack minded. This suits us. It didn’t last season however as above I think Robbie wanted us to stick with it with promotion in mind rather than having to completely change formation and tactics when we reentered the PL.

lost in space
20 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Decent post.

I honestly don’t think style of the football we are playing this season is a million miles of that last season?

Its obvious the recruitment has helped in its implementation however I’m of the opinion Robbie had the premier league in mind last season and set the team out to play championship football with premier league formations and tactics.

Teams set out to stifle and sit back last season whereas teams this season are more attack minded. This suits us. It didn’t last season however as above I think Robbie wanted us to stick with it with promotion in mind rather than having to completely change formation and tactics when we reentered the PL.

You may be right and had the manager explained that was the case, many of the fans would have been more accepting of the tactics used.

Should he have to justify his tactics? Well, not usually but he made himself unpopular unnecessarily with a significant number of fans in my view (IF we are to accept that he was looking to this season).

As you say, recruitment helped.

The reason I started the thread was I still (after LC game v Mhanks) had doubts that we would "turn up" v a bigger team away from home.

We didn't in first half against Sevco and for me, I still have a concern that we start most games slowly and cautiously.

I wish him and the team, years of success.

14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You may be right and had the manager explained that was the case, many of the fans would have been more accepting of the tactics used.

Should he have to justify his tactics? Well, not usually but he made himself unpopular unnecessarily with a significant number of fans in my view (IF we are to accept that he was looking to this season).

As you say, recruitment helped.

The reason I started the thread was I still (after LC game v Mhanks) had doubts that we would "turn up" v a bigger team away from home.

We didn't in first half against Sevco and for me, I still have a concern that we start most games slowly and cautiously.

I wish him and the team, years of success.

Who knows? It’s speculation on the past. Something I genuinely don’t like doing because, well, it’s all in the past 👍

I agree we have a tendency to start slowly. I think that’s something that will evolve as the players develop. You have to take into consideration how little game time they actually have as a first 11?

We are also used to having a lot of the ball and as pointed out not being able to do a huge amount with it. This could be a hangover from a season in the Championship.

Basically what I’m saying is I expect and hope us to tweak things as the players gain confidence and we speed things up not just at the start of games but during games as a whole. We have a tendency to “***** about” a bit to much for my liking before playing forward.

4 hours ago, jambonian said:

To be fair, fans wanting him sacked after Brora in particular is understandable. This was a team that knocked us out, got a home tie next round with Stranraer who went on to win (i think) 3-1 comfortably and without much problem. Neilson has been at the helm over some of our most embarrassing Cup exits in our recent history, including Europe. He's done us pretty well with League campaigns of course but this should be the next signs of improvement for him, taking Cup Ties extremely seriously.

But back to the first sentence....it is understandable why they would want him out the door at the time as we watched the club drift to one disaster after another when we lost 5-0 to Livingston. Levein kept his job and that would've been on a lot of fans' minds after Brora. Would we have been happy if it had started a run of poor performances that shaped how the season ended? 

Hearts fans are no different to any other clubs' fans if things aren't going well. All managers will get the sack at some point unless they themselves decide they've had enough or are head-hunted by bigger clubs. Neilson had to change the style of football we were watching for his own sake as well as the fans. He has so credit where it's due. As long as fear of losing doesn't creep back in if we go on a wee run of poor results and he returns to the tippy-tappy side-to-side defensive stuff then he'll get a bit of respite from the fans. Go back to that shit then who knows, it could all turn rather negative and frustrating again. Let's hope that won't happen, for everyone's sake.

Good post 👍

On 18/10/2021 at 01:10, JimmyCant said:

1. yes

2. don’t know, quite possibly none

3. in 4 or 5 years he’ll probably  be managing a bigger club than Hearts.

Absolutely incredible stuff.

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

I am glad you are enjoying it, we've got the personnel to play the entertaining football we all craved. Onwards and upwards 👍

15 hours ago, lost in space said:

Very good post. Re doubting your judgement on wanting Robbie gone - I dont think you should doubt ythe judgement you had at that time. I and many others had the same view - based on what was happening then. Your view now is based on what is happening now. You are right.

As long as we are competing, playing well and building for the future, that’s all we can ask for, at the end of the day 👍

On 17/10/2021 at 23:21, JimmyCant said:

If anyone cares to read Sir Alex or any other biography of an Aberdeen player from the Fergie era, the answer is there and it’s simple and difficult in the same breath. Attitude attitude and more attitude. Aberdeen had some good players too let’s not forget but Not all of them were great players in their own right some were but they ALL had attitude. Their lesser known players like Rougvie McMaster Bell Harper Angus Hewitt Scanlon and a number of others consistently played above themselves because of what was ingrained into them by Fergie and it worked because they saw and felt it working.

No one cares.

Can't even enjoy Hearts playing well and sitting 2nd, a single point behind Rangers, and unbeaten in the league, mid October. 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No one cares.

Can't even enjoy Hearts playing well and sitting 2nd, a single point behind Rangers, and unbeaten in the league, mid October. 

I don’t think anyone, and I mean anyone, would have thought last season we would be, where we are right now 

The key thing is that fundamental background changes which I believe are also key drivers, for our change in fortune, have happened since last season, and now are also starting to make a difference.

For example, the recruitment personnel changes which led to our best transfer window in years, and also McKinlay taking over day to day club affairs. Maybe also the board room being re invigorated with JA joining. 

It’s a forum board and, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I must say, at this particular time, I find it hard to be critical of anything the club are doing. I feel we are now starting to realise the ambition that all of us knew that the club always had. 

38 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I don’t think anyone, and I mean anyone, would have thought last season we would be, where we are right now 

The key thing is that fundamental background changes which I believe are also key drivers, for our change in fortune, have happened since last season, and now are also starting to make a difference.

For example, the recruitment personnel changes which led to our best transfer window in years, and also McKinlay taking over day to day club affairs. Maybe also the board room being re invigorated with JA joining. 

It’s a forum board and, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I must say, at this particular time, I find it hard to be critical of anything the club are doing. I feel we are now starting to realise the ambition that all of us knew that the club always had. 

Good post, bud.

I've moaned a fair bit over the last few years because Hearts have not been run well. The time and money squandered on the Levein vanity project was particularly frustrating as was the abysmal recruitment. 

True, we won the Championship comfortably last season but the performances were regularly awful. The cup results against Alloa and Brora were particularly so.

I wanted change. I wanted us to channel funds into signing good players and a head coach who could, and would, approach games with better, less safety first, tactics and approach.

It would appear I've got the change i/we craved. The recruitment team was overhauled completely and, to my surprise, Robbie Neilson was able to adapt and change his approach to football. Despite being critical of him I also always stated that I'd be happy if he proved me wrong.

He has. Ergo, I am now happy.

It's not complicated. 

Those of us who complained about how the club was being run were not wrong.

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Do you give a shit about Aberdeen and Fergie? I don't, and people using this as an excuse to have a go is a bit... 

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Good post, bud.

I've moaned a fair bit over the last few years because Hearts have not been run well. The time and money squandered on the Levein vanity project was particularly frustrating as was the abysmal recruitment. 

True, we won the Championship comfortably last season but the performances were regularly awful. The cup results against Alloa and Brora were particularly so.

I wanted change. I wanted us to channel funds into signing good players and a head coach who could, and would, approach games with better, less safety first, tactics and approach.

It would appear I've got the change i/we craved. The recruitment team was overhauled completely and, to my surprise, Robbie Neilson was able to adapt and change his approach to football. Despite being critical of him I also always stated that I'd be happy if he proved me wrong.

It's not complicated. 

👍100%

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Do you give a shit about Aberdeen and Fergie? I don't, and people using this as an excuse to have a go is a bit... 

I just had to go and read the posts which led up to the Aberdeen comment as I hadn’t really been keeping up with it in all honesty. 

Not having a go at the poster as he generally has some decent posts but on this occasion, I don’t agree … nor care. 

I can understand folk pointing out things which can lead to improvement but if we are comparing attitude of players (the point that was made in comparison to fergies side) my opinion is that the attitude and desire from the current squad is better than it has been post admin, and by a country mile. 

As you pointed out we are unbeaten and that says everything 

Folk forget, at ibrokes, they came out the traps and even Gerard said, that was the best half of football he had seen from his side in a long time. Also worth noting they have put some really good sides to the sword at home and have a really good record there 

I can’t stand them but the point being they are no mugs. Your a mug for thinking otherwise.

we came back in the second half and played ping pong getting right back at them . To equalise in the last minute shows we never gave up. They would have wanted to end our title challenge there and then - let’s be clear on that 

that shows strength, will, desire and the belief that we can still get back in the game and if we do the right things. It’s also the confidence levels - the more we do this the more the players think it is less acceptable to rock up there and take a hammering. That’s the most important point. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Good post, bud.

I've moaned a fair bit over the last few years because Hearts have not been run well. The time and money squandered on the Levein vanity project was particularly frustrating as was the abysmal recruitment....

I moaned as well under the Levein project but I don’t think Neilson should be tarred with the same brush. Most reasonable fans realised that the squad would be overhauled a fair bit for the premiership and that is what has happened. Neilson has again proven he can have us fighting at the top end of the table in the top league.  

kingantti1874

Good post, bud.

It's not complicated. 

pretty much this in a nutshell - exactly where I’m at . Now it’s time to get behind the club and stop the petty nonsense.

robbie neilson and the club have now earned our backing and a bit of trust . That’s it

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

I just had to go and read the posts which led up to the Aberdeen comment as I hadn’t really been keeping up with it in all honesty. 

Not having a go at the poster as he generally has some decent posts but on this occasion, I don’t agree … nor care. 

I can understand folk pointing out things which can lead to improvement but if we are comparing attitude of players (the point that was made in comparison to fergies side) my opinion is that the attitude and desire from the current squad is better than it has been post admin, and by a country mile. 

As you pointed out we are unbeaten and that says everything 

Folk forget, at ibrokes, they came out the traps and even Gerard said, that was the best half of football he had seen from his side in a long time. Also worth noting they have put some really good sides to the sword at home and have a really good record there 

I can’t stand them but the point being they are no mugs. Your a mug for thinking otherwise.

we came back in the second half and played ping pong getting right back at them . To equalise in the last minute shows we never gave up. They would have wanted to end our title challenge there and then - let’s be clear on that 

that shows strength, will, desire and the belief that we can still get back in the game and if we do the right things. It’s also the confidence levels - the more we do this the more the players think it is less acceptable to rock up there and take a hammering. That’s the most important point. 

Good post. For me, Saturday was a very significant result. 

Good post, bud.

It's not complicated. 

Great post 👍 although some on here will pick anything negative out of it and label you a roaster or whatever. 
Were clearly on the up as a Club and everybody seems to be united, long may it continue and finally let’s see how far this takes us. 

45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

robbie neilson and the club have now earned our backing and a bit of trust . That’s it

This

2 hours ago, damo said:

I moaned as well under the Levein project but I don’t think Neilson should be tarred with the same brush. Most reasonable fans realised that the squad would be overhauled a fair bit for the premiership and that is what has happened. Neilson has again proven he can have us fighting at the top end of the table in the top league.  

Neilson did have us playing Levein-esque football many times last season, damo. Hence any tarring, as you put it, inclinations 

However, he altered that approach toward the end of last season and has carried it into this. 

I desperately wanted that change to come and Neilson has done it, negating the need for a change of coach and all the upheaval that can bring.

That and the investment in, and overhaul of, the recruitment team has brought about us getting the Hearts we all crave.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

pretty much this in a nutshell - exactly where I’m at . Now it’s time to get behind the club and stop the petty nonsense.

Completely agree.

2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Great post 👍 although some on here will pick anything negative out of it and label you a roaster or whatever. 
Were clearly on the up as a Club and everybody seems to be united, long may it continue and finally let’s see how far this takes us. 

Ha, ha, I've had a fair bit of that in the last few years.

However, no offence was taken and no harm was done.

The pro-Levein lads, like me, are all Hearts supporters who just happened to have contrasting opinions.

The harmony and unity running through the club will, probably, spread to JKB...

Eventually. 😊

I wanted him gone like many others after the Brora debacle however it is hard to argue with this. We will lose games this season ,but the start we have made cannot be argued with and he has the team set up to win,so onwards we go HHGH!!.

Absolutely 👏🏻👏🏻

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Ha, ha, I've had a fair bit of that in the last few years.

However, no offence was taken and no harm was done.

The pro-Levein lads, like me, are all Hearts supporters who just happened to have contrasting opinions.

The harmony and unity running through the club will, probably, spread to JKB...

Eventually. 😊

I also thought for a while that Levein deserved more time did to the injuries in the squad and probably blinded by his time as a player and manager first time. He seemed to be a different character after his heart scare and as time went on it was obvious he wasn’t going to turn it around. He gets a hard time on here from some and it’s all about opinions but he should always be welcome at Tynecastle. 

16 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I also thought for a while that Levein deserved more time did to the injuries in the squad and probably blinded by his time as a player and manager first time. He seemed to be a different character after his heart scare and as time went on it was obvious he wasn’t going to turn it around. He gets a hard time on here from some and it’s all about opinions but he should always be welcome at Tynecastle.  

The animosity toward Levien will probably ease in time. Particularly if we're successful in the next few season's.

Some may hold on to it but not me. I've let it all go already...

Unless he gets back on the payroll. 

🤪