Huge Test for Robbie Neilson

lost in space

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No.

Maybe 2-0 but for that double save. Or maybe 2-1 if we had got a penalty. Or maybe we’d have scored 2 if MCKay had set up one of two other Hearts players in the box for a tap in to open goal.

If my Granny has wheels she’d have been a bike…

Anyway, are we not allowed a decent keeper or should we have kept Joel Perreria to prove you right about some imaginary pumping? (which is the only sort you get I am guessing)

Or the 12 shots on goal from Rangers to our none in first 35mins?

You don't think there is a need to hope/want for better from us?

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Gambo

• lost in space

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Who cares?

You used to lambast our shots stats if they were long range shots or were off target. Didn’t really count you said.

Whats changed? 

FFS Gambo get a grip of yourself.

Byyy The Light

What would you have done differently if you were in the dug out or on the pitch?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I couldn’t have been any clearer, you reckon their bigger budget mans they can steam roller us and we can’t do anything about it. 
The evidence of teams not being steam rollered by us last season in the first half of games ar home was there for all to be seen, if they wanted to see it obviously. 
Hibs managed it a couple of weeks ago, you reckon we can’t?

Hibs scored a goal and were pummeled the rest of the half. Big ****ing deal.

I'll take today's result at Ibrox over Hibs' attempt last week of it's all the same to you.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Barack said:

What's a decent ratio of shots, to on target, mate, against the OF?

What's an acceptable number for yourself?

He used to have very high standards for what counted for our stats.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hibs scored a goal and were pummeled the rest of the half. Big ****ing deal.

I'll take today's result at Ibrox over Hibs' attempt last week of it's all the same to you.

We’re not talking about the result are we?

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Who cares?

You used to lambast our shots stats if they were long range shots or were off target. Didn’t really count you said.

Whats changed? 

FFS Gambo get a grip of yourself.

I'm happy ( be even happier when you show me my post saying we should dominate Rangers for 90mins away from home....shouldn't take you too long, only 3 pages to look back), happy with result and second half comeback/performance.

Like most Hearts fans I hope we find a way to start games better v OF in Glasgow, something you seem to have a major issue with.

Usual suspects having an absolute mair after a cracking performance and a very decent result.

Welcome to JKB.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I'm happy ( be even happier when you show me my post saying we should dominate Rangers for 90mins away from home....shouldn't take you too long, only 3 pages to look back), happy with result and second half comeback/performance.

Like most Hearts fans I hope we find a way to start games better v OF in Glasgow, something you seem to have a major issue with.

So what the **** are you saying then?

Rangers had the best of the first half but we might have had a pen.

We edged the second half and they might have had one or two sent off.

We went to the home of the Champions with a new young team that is still bedding in and came away with a 1-1 draw.

What a ****ing excellent result for a new team. 

Gerrard took about 2 years to get close to Celtic in a one off game let alone the league.

You’re just bitter and twisted deep down mate - I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

A GAME LASTS TWO HALVES FFS 

You still not picking up we are talking about making the same mistakes in the first half that has stopped us from winning the games? The tactics don’t work, it’s that simple. 

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, rory78 said:

Great result but why do we continually keek our breeks as soon as the game kicks off through there??Hibs generally go through there and give them a game but it's like we're waiting on them to score before we change it up 

Away and throw shite at yersel. We took what they could throw at us and kept a foothold in the game. A good result for any hearts team. Let's just beat them in Edinburgh. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It’s quite simple isn’t it 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Funnily enough we are second in the table, a point behind Rangers in the 'half time' table too. 

Champs League material for matches based on first half scores and final results :cool:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You still not picking up we are talking about making the same mistakes in the first half that has stopped us from winning the games? The tactics don’t work, it’s that simple. 

Do you actually think we set up and played the same way today as we did against Celtic?

Think about it before making a fool of yourself.

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are right it is simple, it’s like a boxing match. Go out early and try to stand toe to toe against a better fighter you get sparked out.

Box clever, let them punch themselves out a bit and when the snap has gone out of them try and match them and kick on from there.

Usually in the second half of the fight. 

Edited by Byyy The Light

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes. We need Robbie to ask Gerrard and Ange to ask their players to sit back a bit more at the start of each game against them.

Piece of piss.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

You are right it is simple, it’s like a boxing match. Go out early and try to stand toe to toe against a better fighter you get sparked out.

Box clever, let them punch themselves out a bit and when the snap has gone out of them try and match them and kick on from there.

Usually in the second half of the fight. 

Like today?

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Funnily enough we are second in the table, a point behind Rangers in the 'half time' table too. 

Champs League material for matches based on first half scores and final results :cool:

But how do do you square that with the two guys above? Hearts should be winning the champions league every year according to them or awdy oot

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Do you actually think we set up and played the same way today as we did against Celtic?

Think about it before making a fool of yourself.

Hahahahaha yeah I will leave that to you. 
The tactics were the same, whether it be 523 or 532. We couldn’t get out our half in all of the last three games away in Glasgow, to win these games we can’t give them goals of a start. 

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So what the **** are you saying then?

Rangers had the best of the first half but we might have had a pen.

We edged the second half and they might have had one or two sent off.

We went to the home of the Champions with a new young team that is still bedding in and came away with a 1-1 draw.

What a ****ing excellent result for a new team. 

Gerrard took about 2 years to get close to Celtic in a one off game let alone the league.

You’re just bitter and twisted deep down mate - I feel sorry for you.

What I have been saying all along is I hope we find a way of starting games better v the OF in Glasgow.

You don't seem to have that hope or wish.

First half was poor today.

Second half was better and we got a deserved draw.  That seems to be the general concensus on here and in general.

Again you seem to have a problem with this.

You also seem to have a problem finding the post where you alleged I said we should be dominating Rangers for 90mins away from home.  I'm waiting.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yes. We need Robbie to ask Gerrard and Ange to ask their players to sit back a bit more at the start of each game against them.

Peace of piss.

Others teams seem to manage, watch the uglies get pumped in Europe again this week for the evidence. 

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Do you think we could do better in first halfs v OF in Glasgow......yes/no?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

What I have been saying all along is I hope we find a way of starting games better v the OF in Glasgow.

You don't seem to have that hope or wish.

First half was poor today.

Second half was better and we got a deserved draw.  That seems to be the general concensus on here and in general.

Again you seem to have a problem with this.

You also seem to have a problem finding the post where you alleged I said we should be dominating Rangers for 90mins away from home.  I'm waiting.

Wait all ****ing night mate if you want.

Happy debating with people that have a clue into the early hours but I know you have an agenda so it’s pointless.

Enjoy the next few years of misery with Neilson as our manager

👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Others teams seem to manage, watch the uglies get pumped in Europe again this week for the evidence. 

Jesus Christ

We are not a European Champs league or Euro league team mate.

Sorry to bust your tiny little pin prick bubble.

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We’re not talking about the result are we?

Surely the result matters. Go all out and fet run over as the game wears on or play your way into the game look fairly comfortable then push on later in the game and get a result 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wait all ****ing night mate if you want.

Happy debating with people that have a clue into the early hours but I know you have an agenda so it’s pointless.

Enjoy the next few years of misery with Neilson as our manager

👍

So you can't find post or were just making it up?

No agenda from me, just say how I see it.

You don't want/wish for Hearts to start better in Glasgow v OF?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Gambo said:

So you can't find post or were just making it up?

No agenda from me, just say how I see it.

You don't want/wish for Hearts to start better in Glasgow v OF?

Gambo

You don’t choose when you are in control of a game of football.

Get that round your head and then you’ll deal with life better.

Night night darling.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Jesus Christ

We are not a European Champs league or Euro league team mate.

Sorry to bust your tiny little pin prick bubble.

Hahahahaha either are half the nobodies that expose the uglies frankly awful defences, we did today quite a few times in the second half. 

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Piece of piss.

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

In an ideal world we pump them both halves every time.

But in the real world the majority of fans know this isn't possible. 

We could do better but there are teams trying to not let us do that. 

Hearts away from home against a team with multiples of our budgets - We need to compete better with these teams over the whole 90 mins.

Hearts at home to a team with a fraction of our budget - We should be dominating the entire game against these teams.

Nothing wrong with having high ambition and expectations but there needs to be a sense of realism and that there's a team other than Hearts also playing.

57 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Other teams manage it in Glasgow in the first half.

Do Celtic/Rangers only turn it on when we turn up?

Not really relevant to the thread but who are the others that you are referring to here?

Since Gerrard took over Rangers have lost twice at home in the league (excluding Celtic). That’s 57 matches. Hamilton won there with 23% possession and Aberdeen with 36%.

For Celtic (excluding Rangers) they have lost twice at home in 76 league matches. St Mirren with 32% possession and Aberdeen with 37%.

It would appear that Celtic/Rangers always turn it on (in the SPFL) at home. A result at Celtic or Rangers is unfortunately as much to do with them being wasteful with their possession and opportunities as it is the opposition defending well or even taking the game to them. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Surely the result matters. Go all out and fet run over as the game wears on or play your way into the game look fairly comfortable then push on later in the game and get a result 

I’m not saying go out and go crazy, but we can’t keep letting them go a goal or two up before we start to play if we want to win. They could’ve been out of sight today. 
Progress on a being made though and the players looked like they believed they could compete in the second half. 

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gambo

You don’t choose when you are in control of a game of football.

Get that round your head and then you’ll deal with life better.

Night night darling.

No one said you can choose when to control games.

You have got your knickers in such a twist over nothing tonight (including resorting to lying) that you are left with 2 choices....

Agree with Gambo/Neilson and many others that we need to find a way/wish for a better start to games v Old Firm in Glasgow.

Or

Say that you don't wish for a better performance from the start in Glasgow v Old Firm.

I deal with life quite happily thank you. I can get my head around when Hearts play well/poorly, thats football, I can also quite happily discuss both the positives and the negatives.

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Hearts away from home against a team with multiples of our budgets - We need to compete better with these teams over the whole 90 mins.

Hearts at home to a team with a fraction of our budget - We should be dominating the entire game against these teams.

Nothing wrong with having high ambition and expectations but there needs to be a sense of realism and that there's a team other than Hearts also playing.

BOOM the winning comment of the thread

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or maybe games aren't won in first halves (unless you go in 3 or 4 up at the break)? They're won (or lost or drawn) over 90 mins as we saw today. Rangers were brilliant in the first half, playing as I assume everyone wants us to play in terms of taking it to the opposition and yet they didn't win.

We've dominated games completely and haven't won and we've been dominated and have won. This idea that all we have to do is go at teams from the start isn't how football works in the real world.

Edited by ToqueJambo

i wish jj was my dad
11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Are you so desperate to criticise that that you need to pick fault with one half? When we were under the cosh? at Ibrox? In a top of the table clash? That we didn't lose? And pinned them back in the last 30?

When were Hearts that good that  performance and result like that at ibrox wasn't 't good enough? Certainly not in my time. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

You realise the contradiction you’ve typed there? 
We shouldn’t expect to compete with bigger teams but smaller teams can compete with us? 
Goes both ways really. 
Any smaller team can compete with bigger teams, happens all the time. We did it today after an hour, we won’t always be within touching distance though if we don’t compete better in the first half. 

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

:rofl:

In an ideal world we pump them both halves every time.

But in the real world the majority of fans know this isn't possible. 

We could do better but there are teams trying to not let us do that. 

Correct, but in this real world would you not hope Hearts could start next game in Glasgow better?

Or can that not be a possibility in this real world?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or maybe games aren't won in first halves? They're won (or lost or drawn) over 90 mins as we saw today. Rangers were brilliant in the first half, playing as I assume everyone wants us to play in terms of taking it to the opposition and yet they didn't win.

Celtic beat us in the other two games due to goals in the first half where we didn’t compete. 
Rangers played well today but we didn’t really disrupt their game enough in the first half, imo. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or maybe games aren't won in first halves? They're won (or lost or drawn) over 90 mins as we saw today. Rangers were brilliant in the first half, playing as I assume everyone wants us to play in terms of taking it to the opposition and yet they didn't win.

We've dominated games completely and haven't won and we've been dominated and have won. This idea that all we have to do is go at teams from the start isn't how football works in the real world.

No one is saying that. Not one poster has stated that if we start better in these games then we are assured victory.

What has been said is that we should be looking (thankfully we will be) at ways to start these games better than we have the last 3.

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m not shit scared of anything Gambo.

What I can do is recognise that Rangers started the game excellently today. I saw a Hearts team try and pass and play their way into the game. And then I saw it start to pay off in the second half.

I didn’t see us purposefully sit back early on and just try and defend. We HAD to defend which is different.

Even in the first 10 minutes we played a series of excellent passes out from the back down the right hand side to try and build an attack.

Our passing accuracy wasn’t as good in the first half as it was in the second. And we weren’t as good off the ball in the first half as we were in the second.

None of that was down to tactics mate. 

Every manager in the world other than about 6 teams recognises that when you go to a big stadium against a better team or better resources team you need to make sure you battle your way through the early stages. 

That doesn’t mean being defensive and we did not play defensively from kick off today.

it’s just that, the funny thing was, we had to defend quite a bit against a team that was hitting every pass and hitting passes about quick as ****. Kind of like the champions of a league would do.

Oh, we were playing the Champions today. Whereas 7 months ago we were playing shite like Morton.

And you want to moan about being 1-0 down today in that context?

Get a ****ing grip mate. 

Agree with this. If we'd managed to keep 0-0 until half time, then who knows.

I thought Robbie managed the game well. Certainly better than Gerard. 

If refereeing of this standard had happened in Italy or Spain, he'd need  police protection.

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Celtic beat us in the other two games due to goals in the first half where we didn’t compete. 
Rangers played well today but we didn’t really disrupt their game enough in the first half, imo. 

I live in the real world. This idea being put forward that all we have to do is attack in the first half to win is bonkers. 

Under Sergio we were terrible in the first half of the semi final but still won. In the 2019 cup final we did go at Celtic and even took the lead in the 2nd half but still lost. Under Neilson in his first spell we took an early lead and lost 3-1. 

The one thing you know about playing the OF especially in Glasgow is they will have long spells when they dominate.The key thing is that if we are still in with a shout of winning the game in the 2nd half we try to win it. We did that today. I'm sure we didn't plan to be dominated the way we were most of the first half but Rangers did play very well as they have the players who can do that.

People seem to forget Rangers and Celtic have 10+ times our budget. Any Scottish team taking any points off them, especially on their patch, is very good.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I live in the real world. This idea being put forward that all we have to do is attack in the first half to win is bonkers. 

Under Sergio we were terrible in the first half of the semi final but still won. In the 2019 cup final we did go at Celtic and even took the lead in the 2nd half but still lost. Under Neilson in his first spell we took an early lead and lost 3-1. 

The one thing you know about playing the OF especially in Glasgow is they will have long spells when they dominate.The key thing is that if we are still in with a shout of winning the game in the 2nd half we try to win it. We did that today. I'm sure we didn't plan to be dominated the way we were most of the first half but Rangers did play very well as they have the players who can do that.

People seem to forget Rangers and Celtic have 10+ times our budget. Any Scottish team taking any points off them, especially on their patch, is very good.

Nobody has said any of that or forgets their huge advantage. We had it last season and teams challenged us from the start. 
If we want to win there we can’t give them an advantage as we have the last three times we’ve played them. 
We were poor in the first half versus Celtic but crucially so were they, because if our tactics, we then came out and took the lead, we had stopped them scoring, we haven’t done that recently. 

Im happy with the point, the last 30 minute performance, the rare late goal and Neilson rightly criticising the referee during the game and questioning decisions at Ibrox after the game, credit where it’s due. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 hours ago, Section Q said:

Agree with this. If we'd managed to keep 0-0 until half time, then who knows.

I thought Robbie managed the game well. Certainly better than Gerard. 

If refereeing of this standard had happened in Italy or Spain, he'd need  police protection.

I think the refereeing decisions at Ibrox have been so biased for so long that it’s barely a talking point in the media any more. It’s almost accepted as just the way it is. More managers need to speak out and criticise like RN did. 

9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think the refereeing decisions at Ibrox have been so biased for so long that it’s barely a talking point in the media any more. It’s almost accepted as just the way it is. More managers need to speak out and criticise like RN did. 

Agree. Maybe a manager sent to the stand after evey OF game should do it.

Thank goodness lots of people are still working from home and roads are quieter. Some posters are clearly one traffic jam away from falling down.

falling-down-stuck-in-traffic.gif

Edited by Alex Kintner

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nobody has said any of that or forgets their huge advantage. We had it last season and teams challenged us from the start. 

What teams challenged us from the start last season? 

14 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m not even sure they’re all not Hearts fans. However I am sure they are oddballs that get some kind of weird thrill by winding up anonymous people online. 

Yesterday was a fantastic result, and by all accounts we finished the match strongly. We've started the season brilliantly. We've put together a fantastic squad that is competitive. Nobody is happier than me with the league table. For me, we're still too reliant on Craig Gordon's brilliance to tip games in our favour. We have the best keeper in Scotland.

There are undoubtedly some trolls here, as there are on any forum. That said, some of us retain our own reasons/opinions/misgivings for maintaining a view that Hearts can and should have a better first team Manager or Head Coach than Robbie. I trust you'll accept I'm not an oddball! 

People can be happy with current results, form and league table and still have those doubts, and be as much of a supporter as anyone else. Its important everyone remembers that. 

Robbie has huge majority backing. We will inevitably have a sticky spell, so for the sake of the season I hope there are not kneejerk changes. We now need to see this season through and seize the opportunity to secure Europe at the very least.