Huge Test for Robbie Neilson

lost in space

Hackney Hearts
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Oh dear! 🙈

Makes me think Don Robertson will be desperate to get back into Robbie's good books and make amends for being a twit last season.

Surely?

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Gambo

• lost in space

Lets not kid ourselves, if they turn up we'll really struggle even on a good day, they're not as good as last year but they should still comfortably dispatch us and everyone else in the league (barring maybe Celtic on a good day) at Greyskull. If we come out of the game having had 10% possession, no shots on goal, Craig Gordon MOTM but still unbeaten & with no suspensions or injuries I'll be happy with that.

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Lets not kid ourselves, if they turn up we'll really struggle even on a good day, they're not as good as last year but they should still comfortably dispatch us and everyone else in the league (barring maybe Celtic on a good day) at Greyskull. If we come out of the game having had 10% possession, no shots on goal, Craig Gordon MOTM but still unbeaten & with no suspensions or injuries I'll be happy with that.

😂 What a terrible attitude. 

Neilson AND the players have something to prove after the Parkhead debacle.

I think they were told in no uncertain terms that it was no longer acceptable to go to Glasgow and go about the game like that.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

I think they were told in no uncertain terms that it was no longer acceptable to go to Glasgow and go about the game like that.

Who told them? Neilson or someone else?

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Is the "debacle" you are referring to the 3-2 League Cup defeat?

Edited by leith_dude

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

I expect them to win because they are a better football team than us.

If we get a point then it's a reasonable return.

To get 3 points away at Greyskull would be absolutely fantastic and worthy of great celebrations and another manager of the month award. We'll also need more than great players and tactical nowse to win there.

Another thread desperate for Robbie to fail in my opinion.

You've hit the target! The patronizing nonsense from the once and future "Robbie out" brigade is amour propre of stunning proportions. I do, however, believe that players even falling somewhat short of great but with tactical nous certainly can win or avoid defeat there. 

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

I hope so. We were absolutely crap and should've been 5-0 down at half-time. 

Forever Hearts
28 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Why do you call Ibrox that? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Why do you call Ibrox that? 

Lots of folk do, but snake mountain is more apt. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

A single goal defeat at parkhead a "debacle". 

Some folk are chapping at the bit to rip into Bob. 

26 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

😂 What a terrible attitude. 

The European sides who went to ibrox recently done ok ? And they were hardly euro giants  which imo gives us  something to start with and think about.....

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I hope so. We were absolutely crap and should've been 5-0 down at half-time. 

We were poor in the first half but on the flip side of that coin that was as good as I've seen Celtic play in years. 

The match / result on a whole wasn't a debacle though.  Absolutely no way you can legitimately use that word to describe a 3-2 defeat away to Celtic based on a poor first half performance.

39 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Makes me think Don Robertson will be desperate to get back into Robbie's good books and make amends for being a twit last season.

Surely?

You (we) wish!!!

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, damo said:

A quick wiki check...but I think its 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. 

2 wins at Tynie (2-0,2-0)

1 draw at Tynie (2-2)

1 win at Ibrox (2-1)

1 loss at Ibrox (2-1)

I'd say that's pretty good for any Hearts manager !

Would've been two wins at Ibrox if Madden had made them sweep the snow off the pitch too - we were battering them in that game.

Pasquale for King

It seems a few people doubt our ability to go there, play well and win. Getting excuses in early?

Neilson himself challenged the players to go there and show they can do it, he now needs to set them up in the right way to accomplish this. 
He will get all the credit he deserves if we manage it. 

It's not about going for it , it about being clever when we have the ball. Our down fall against the OF is giving the ball away after 2 seconds of having it. Not the fact we are having to defend when we dont have the ball.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Your last sentence seems sadly true. 

Certain poster laying the ground work. 

No matter tho, some will be happy if we get skelped 5-0, as long as we ran about and kicked the ball towards there goal a few times, Ken- had a go like. 

I hope Bob has a Better plan than have a go!

Deary me. 

Without a doubt.

We're nowhere near Rangers standard, they've got two quality players in every position. Folk need to be realistic, we can win if we play a great game but Rangers are a level above us so we'll need a bit of luck and for them to be below par too. Thankfully, they've not really turned it on yet this season so I think we can give them a game. I certainly wouldn't be getting my knickers in a twist this weekend if we lose the game. Yet no doubt some folk will. 

Edited by Cruyff

lost in space
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Without a doubt.

We're nowhere near Rangers standard, they've got two quality players in every position. Folk need to be realistic, we can win if we play a great game but Rangers are a level above us so we'll need a bit of luck and for them to be below par too. Thankfully, they've not really turned it on yet this season so I think we can give them a game. I certainly wouldn't be getting my knickers in a twist this weekend if we lose the game. Yet no doubt some folk will. 

So if we lose the game some folk will get your knickers in a twist.

Whatever turns you on, mate..........

25 minutes ago, lost in space said:

So if we lose the game some folk will get your knickers in a twist.

Whatever turns you on, mate..........

Your ears burning bud? 😁

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Your last sentence seems sadly true. 

Certain poster laying the ground work. 

No matter tho, some will be happy if we get skelped 5-0, as long as we ran about and kicked the ball towards there goal a few times, Ken- had a go like. 

I hope Bob has a Better plan than have a go!

Deary me. 

Who on this thread has said any of the above you have posted? Your always putting people down on here for expressing an opinion and talk as though everybody is out to have a go at Neilson. Believe it or not it’s a massive chance for him to show a lot of the Hearts support that he is the man to take us forward. We’re playing well with a settled formation no change required for me. A good manager who has confidence in his players will change things if it’s not going well during the game. In my opinion we have a very capable squad to be confident of going away playing our game and barring any howlers have a chance to take something from the game. 

lost in space
Just now, Cruyff said:

Your ears burning bud? 😁

Yup, absolutely blazin. 

I see you and Bob's other, biggest and bestest ever fan, (SRB) are jumping to Bob's defence - even when he isn't under attack.

Is there just the 2 of you in the "Bob's Ultras" club?

Don't send me an application just yet.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Who on this thread has said any of the above you have posted? Your always putting people down on here for expressing an opinion and talk as though everybody is out to have a go at Neilson. Believe it or not it’s a massive chance for him to show a lot of the Hearts support that he is the man to take us forward. We’re playing well with a settled formation no change required for me. A good manager who has confidence in his players will change things if it’s not going well during the game. In my opinion we have a very capable squad to be confident of going away playing our game and barring any howlers have a chance to take something from the game. 

You  don't understand the phrase "laying the ground work", do you?

Some posters on here always do have a go at Bob. 

I agree reference last part, we always have a chance. 

"a good manager".... Like one that takes his side to a third place finish on promotion and one that has us second now. 

A good manager like that? 

He is also  the man ( at this time and Likley season) to take us forward, he literally done it last season and is doing it now no matter the result or performance at Ibrox. 

Most Hearts fans know this. 

InternationalJambo
9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yup, absolutely blazin. 

I see you and Bob's other, biggest and bestest ever fan, (SRB) are jumping to Bob's defence - even when he isn't under attack.

You are a riddy mate. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yup, absolutely blazin. 

You're about as subtle as an American invasion, sorry liberation of an oil rich country. 

Do you have your post all typed up and ready to go for sat?

Frothing at the gash at the thought of a defeat and laying into Bobmeister. 

ScandinavianJambo
19 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

The point is that after the way we  started the season Robbie does not need to prove anything. I agree that this game is important, but only  person with a clear anti RN agenda makes every game into the BIG one... It is tiresome. Just admit he is going a good enough job. 

What's Neilsons overall record against the OF like? I reckon it must be pretty good compared to other managers?

I think as long as we have 11 on the park we will take something at Ibrox, agree that it's a big test of our credentials this season. Let's hope we take our chance!! HHGH!!

3 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

The point is that after the way we  started the season Robbie does not need to prove anything. I agree that this game is important, but only  person with a clear anti RN agenda makes every game into the BIG one... It is tiresome. Just admit he is going a good enough job. 

He is doing a good job this season but whether you like it or not there is still a large part of the Hearts support that has still to be convinced by RN. It seemed to me to be the easy option to bring him back last season and watching the football on show for large parts against teams with a fraction of our resources was murder. He is the Hearts manager and doing a good job this season ably backed up with better players so wish him nothing but success. What’s tiresome is some posters trying to dampen down relevant points to discuss. 

23 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yup, absolutely blazin. 

Almost as embarrassing as the "Robbie failures" thread. Deary me. :vrface:

Just checked

Neilsons stats vs rangers 

In 5 games in his 1st spell he won 3 drew 1 and lost 1 which gives him a 60% win record

Against Celtic 1st spell we played 8 games he won 0 drew 2 and lost 6 which gave him a 0% win record, tbf though we were a championship and that was a celtic team that were dominating under Rodgers.

This time round he has played celtic 3 times and won 1 drew 1 and lost 1, 33% win record.

Jambof3tornado

I'm taking this as a free hit. I expect nothing. Devlin and Benni will get early bookings and spend 75 mins walking a tightrope.

If we go to win and get picked off Robbie got it wrong, if we sit in and concede a late goal robbie got it wrong.

I'm one of thon Robbie out people just to be clear, but he's winning me over. I'd love us to not just bend over and take the red white and blue boaby for once!

Of course it’s a big test. Win and we can begin to dream. Rangers aren’t playing very well and we have no reason to fear them. If it is a defeat then hopefully we can all take some solace from a good and gritty performance. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Almost as embarrassing as the "Robbie failures" thread. Deary me. :vrface:

Was that the same poster? 

The Treasurer

Obviously we all want a win on Saturday. While I'm not one for accepting "glorious failure" our performance will be almost as important 

A big positive in our favour for Saturday is the number of new players we have who have not played Sevco before and will hopefully not be over-awed by the occasion despite the full home crowd. That said, our own chance of taking something from the game will depend largely on Robbie's tactics and how he sets the team up. We have nothing to lose and a lot of players on form so I would rather we went down fighting than tried to contain them and play for a point.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

A big positive in our favour for Saturday is the number of new players we have who have not played Sevco before and will hopefully not be over-awed by the occasion despite the full home crowd. That said, our own chance of taking something from the game will depend largely on Robbie's tactics and how he sets the team up. We have nothing to lose and a lot of players on form so I would rather we went down fighting than tried to contain them and play for a point.

I wouldn't, not if we get the point. 

🤷‍♂️

I think we’ll beat them quite comfortably. We only have Gordon Smith Halkett and Boyce that have played there before, none of those are shite bags and McKay who used to ply his trade there. The rest of the lads appear to not give a flying **** about reputations and Rangers are hardly setting the heather alight. I think we’ll be ok, I really do 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I wouldn't, not if we get the point. 

🤷‍♂️

Agree, I should have added "and still get beat" at the end of my post.

Just now, ShedBoy said:

I think we’ll beat them quite comfortably. We only have Gordon Smith Halkett and Boyce that have played there before, none of those are shite bags and McKay who used to ply his trade there. The rest of the lads appear to not give a flying **** about reputations and Rangers are hardly setting the heather alight. I think we’ll be ok, I really do 👍🏻

I’d love a bit of your optimism. 😄

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs

:vrface:

As I said above-  foaming..... 

I hope we win and lost in spaces comes to the light. 

austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I hope we win and lost in spaces comes to the light. 

austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

its-fun-and-its-exciting-fun.gif

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

It's the hope that does  the damage. 

lost in space
44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Was that the same poster? 

Come on now, you knew the answer to the question you asked.

lost in space
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

its-fun-and-its-exciting-fun.gif

At last a bit of a light hearted post. You and your "Bob's Ultra" pal can be entertaining.

A_A wehatethehibs
32 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

All aboard this bus @ShedBoy‘s at the wheel. Rangers 1 - 2 Hearts. FTH