• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• john thomas

• Naisys Tackle

• 1971fozzy

It’s 5 minutes or so - more a teaser for the episodes to come. Should be fascinating. Looking forward to the first episode with Tony Pullis 

Horatio Caine

Ah right - I was wondering whether it was Irons or Levein that was getting sacked (suppose Levein's already there...)

I liked it. Do you think he was talking about cathro when he said he worked with a manager who wouldn't do any of the hard stuff?!

1 hour ago, weaz1981 said:

I liked it. Do you think he was talking about cathro when he said he worked with a manager who wouldn't do any of the hard stuff?!

Could only be. Robbie isn't the type IMO and Levein never worked with anyone else at Hearts as DoF? Another example that Cathro could not deliver any authority at Tynecastle during his time here. Thank God that's history and we're improving on the park as well as off. 

I also liked the podcast. Say what you want about CL but he's been around the block and has a lot of stories, and is able to take the P out himself.

Only thing I found odd was Pulis talking directly to Craig and not both hosts. Every time he spoke it was "Craig, this player" or "Let me tell you Craig", ignoring that there was another person asking questions. Felt a bit sorry for her

Edited by jambostuart

I wonder who the woman was who turned up at reception wanting to speak to Craig 😂😂 and the footballer who got put in the cupboard 

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Superb. Loved it. Obviously Cathro he was on about which was no surprise.

Levein is fantastic as a pundit tbf

Talks a good game, shame he couldn't put all of these good ideas into action when he was masquerading as manager. 

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's an arrogant arsehole tbh. 

Some of the best players and managers are. Poor Craig. Must hurt seeing your entire career boiled down to (in the minds of some at least) first one bad Scotland result (actually nowhere near the worst we've had) and then one a bad season and a half. Not to mention having no marks like Michael Stewart slag you off for not having any medals. He'll live though - skin like a rhino. Obviously lost his managerial mojo but a great pundit - says what he thinks even if he goes a bit easy on his fellow managers as they all tend to do.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some of the best players and managers are. Poor Craig. Must hurt seeing your entire career boiled down to (in the minds of some at least) first one bad Scotland result (actually nowhere near the worst we've had) and then one a bad season and a half. Not to mention having no marks like Michael Stewart slag you off for not having any medals. He'll live though - skin like a rhino. Obviously lost his managerial mojo but a great pundit - says what he thinks even if he goes a bit easy on his fellow managers as they all tend to do.

What was the bad Scotland result?

Thought it was a great behind the curtain episode, there's hundreds of bland football podcasts out there now but the first episode was really interesting.

Both Pulis and Levein's time is done, some of the stories they had would have them in banned from the game if they tried it on the soft players thats in the game these days.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Amy Irons' false giggling ruined it for me. Levein and Pulis were good value.

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

stuckinsunderland
10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Superb. Loved it. Obviously Cathro he was on about which was no surprise.

Levein is fantastic as a pundit tbf

Yeah, i enjoyed that!

Did wonder if it was Stendal he was referring to, there was talk that Levein was asked to clear out some of the players when we was hanging around. Bit of creative license being used in how it's phrased as i think it was more a matter of him being told that as he'd brought them in, he could get rid!

27 minutes ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Yeah, i enjoyed that!

Did wonder if it was Stendal he was referring to, there was talk that Levein was asked to clear out some of the players when we was hanging around. Bit of creative license being used in how it's phrased as i think it was more a matter of him being told that as he'd brought them in, he could get rid!

good point. Didn’t think of that

The Bannon Flick

I surely can't be the only person to find Amy Irons incredibly annoying ?

Hard to see how she get's to be host of a football show when her knowledge of football isn't that great. Wonder if it's got to do with the fact that (a) she is good looking and (b) her Dad is well know name in Scottish football.

Ray Bradshaw is another one that the BBC seem to give plenty stuff to - and he is neither good looking or related to any ex-pro's 😐

Edited by The Bannon Flick

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 14/10/2021 at 22:51, Class of 75 said:

Talks a good game, shame he couldn't put all of these good ideas into action when he was masquerading as manager. 

He did first time at Hearts and at United - but yes dismal last time round.

On 14/10/2021 at 19:10, weaz1981 said:

Might have heard incorrectly but I thought he meant this happened when he was playing for Hearts.

12 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He did first time at Hearts and at United - but yes dismal last time round.

Not getting into the old CL debate but as you say he was a good manager . Certainly very pragmatic but effective .

Something went wrong . Would really love to know what 

SomethingAboutObua
2 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Might have heard incorrectly but I thought he meant this happened when he was playing for Hearts.

Think he said while he was DoF and the manager asked him to release the young players etc 

8 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Who was the Scotland player due to reach 50 caps that wasn't chosen?

Trying to remember myself 

Curious about player locked in the cupboard (DU?)

And yes the programme would improve without the gushing , giggling Irons

35 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Narrowed it down to one of these players I think? Squad for the games leading up to the Czech game on 08.10.2010.

https://www.national-football-teams.com/country/162/2010/Scotland.html

Take out the starting line up (can't remember if he said if the player was on the bench?)

Scotland: McGregor, Hutton, Whittaker, McManus, Weir, Caldwell (Miller 76), Darren Fletcher, Morrison (Robson 84), Dorrans, Mackie (Iwelumo 76), Naismith.
Subs Not Used: Gordon, Maloney, Bardsley, Berra.

Like a game of guess who.

Edited by marcus

Goldstone Wonder
28 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Trying to remember myself 

Curious about player locked in the cupboard (DU?)

And yes the programme would improve without the gushing , giggling Irons

I thought the player locked up in the cupboard might have been Goodwillie at Dundee Utd

25 minutes ago, marcus said:

Narrowed it down to one of these players I think? Squad for the games leading up to the Czech game on 08.10.2010.

https://www.national-football-teams.com/country/162/2010/Scotland.html

Take out the starting line up (can't remember if he said if the player was on the bench?)

Scotland: McGregor, Hutton, Whittaker, McManus, Weir, Caldwell (Miller 76), Darren Fletcher, Morrison (Robson 84), Dorrans, Mackie (Iwelumo 76), Naismith.
Subs Not Used: Gordon, Maloney, Bardsley, Berra.

Like a game of guess who.

From this report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9059609.stm
"In-form Rangers striker Kenny Miller, who was due to earn his 50th cap, had been dropped to the bench despite having scored in Scotland's last qualifier, a 2-1 win over Liechtenstein."

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

It would be McFadden, finished on 48 caps in 2010

Remember i was in Kaunas when he refused to bring him off the bench until the last 20 in a 0-0 draw and subbed him at half time in the following game against Liechtenstein which was his last Scotland appearance. 

Edited by allyjambo

On 14/10/2021 at 22:43, indianajones said:

He's an arrogant arsehole tbh. 

Think it comes with the territory. I reckon to manage at clubs where there is expectation you need to have absolute belief in yourself and your ideas. 

A real shame Levein ****ed up what he was trying to do here. Shouldn't ever have came back downstairs thinking it would permanent. 

4 hours ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

I thought the player locked up in the cupboard might have been Goodwillie at Dundee Utd

Sounds possible . Had to be somebody handy to give 2 bouncers a doing . 

Ferguson was long gone by then .

4 hours ago, allyjambo said:

It would be McFadden, finished on 48 caps in 2010

Remember i was in Kaunas when he refused to bring him off the bench until the last 20 in a 0-0 draw and subbed him at half time in the following game against Liechtenstein which was his last Scotland appearance. 

Don't think so it was someone on 49 caps .

Also prefer to think Miller more likely to do that than McFadden

11 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Don't think so it was someone on 49 caps .

Also prefer to think Miller more likely to do that than McFadden

Aye think you are right, McFadden got injured a few days after the Liechtenstein game anyway and would have missed the October games against Czech Rep away and Spain at home. 

On 22/10/2021 at 17:31, RobNox said:

Enjoyed both episodes so far, and can't wait for episode 3 with Harry Redknapp

Enjoyed Harry Redknapps stories, a few belters.

did make me chuckle the story at the end where the question about players fighting and not a mention of Levein v Hogg 

Psychedelicropcircle
On 22/10/2021 at 21:21, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sounds like a Kenny Miller thing to do - to go squealing to the press about it pre-match. 

Might it have been the hibs lad that was real bound fletcher?

On 22/10/2021 at 18:17, john thomas said:

Sounds possible . Had to be somebody handy to give 2 bouncers a doing . 

Ferguson was long gone by then .

Maybe Danny Swanson ? always trouble and bother when he’s around outside a pub .

6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Maybe Danny Swanson ? always trouble and bother when he’s around outside a pub .

I really hope you don't mean what I think you do with that comment. 

*my mistake, just did a Google search and assume you're referring to another incident 

Edited by stotty

8 minutes ago, stotty said:

I really hope you don't mean what I think you do with that comment. 

*my mistake, just did a Google search and assume you're referring to another incident 

The guy is an absolute wank! Hibs class. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The 50th cap issue was  100%Kenny Miller. It was pretty widely talked about amongst Scotland fans at the time. 

Whatever you thought of Levein, whatever you thought of “the system” to be played that’s true ****ing traitor trash that sort of move.