Xbox series x or ps5

LeftBack

Which one do your mates have?

Do you play lots of games and enjoy just trying something new, or do you just buy a select few and play them to the death?

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Which one do your mates have?

Do you play lots of games and enjoy just trying something new, or do you just buy a select few and play them to the death?

Not sure if it was only with COD but you didn't need the same console as your mates as the crossplay linked everyone.

The Hogfather

With the shortage of both consoles still being a factor, perhaps it's a case of "whichever you can get your hands on" more than anything else.

5 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Not sure if it was only with COD but you didn't need the same console as your mates as the crossplay linked everyone.

It's not only COD but FIFA for example is not only not cross-platform, but also not cross-gen.

I'd say Series X myself but as so many people went PS4 to PS5 it can be frustrating.

As a standalone offering, Series X is much better imo, largely due to Game Pass as there isn't much between the two actual consoles. If you only play the big AAA releases (aside from ones that will launch straight onto game pass) then I'd pick based on what my mates have 

jack D and coke

It’s what your mates have mostly I’d say although crossplay is becoming more common. Or if you want to play the Sony exclusives then obviously PS. 
Both aren’t the easiest to get but gamepass is certainly worth thinking about with Xbox. 
It was good anyway but it’s coming into its own now with the first party titles releasing on it day one. Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 up soon. I played the Halo beta and it’s excellent, the best MP I’ve played for a while. Back for Blood this week too which is a big release. There’s new stuff on it almost every week. If you have a PC you can play pretty much all of it there, just pick up where you left off without transferring saves or any of that. Football Manager 22 is  also on it day one and now you can play almost everything using xcloud on your mobile devices. It’s not perfect atm there’s some lag but it’s still in beta and will improve you’d expect. All at no extra cost it’s good bang for your buck. MS first party titles go straight on GP and they’ve got loads coming down the tracks. Stalker 2 early next year and Starfield which is the first Bethesda new IP for 15 years. 
You can get 3 years GP for about £120 too.

Worth a look.  

I've got a series x and it's class. Flight sim looks amazing on it. I prefer the xbox over the PS simply because of the controller and with game pass now you get some cool games for a tenner a month.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

I've got a series x and it's class. Flight sim looks amazing on it. I prefer the xbox over the PS simply because of the controller and with game pass now you get some cool games for a tenner a month.

Let your sub run out then buy 3 years live gold from cd keys. Add them to your account (stack then one after the other) then subscribe to GPU for one month for £10.99 or if you’ve not had it before for £1 and it converts into 3 years GPU. 
Just cancel the auto payment and sorted. 3years for around £3.50 a month. 

I think the correct answer has already been mentioned, which ever one most of your friends have. Our youngest currently has thousands of pounds worth of PS5 and gaming pc sitting doing nowt because most of his friends are on Xbox. 🙄

If playing with friends isn’t an issue then whatever one you can get your hands on or whatever platform prefer to play on as there isn’t much between them. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Let your sub run out then buy 3 years live gold from cd keys. Add them to your account (stack then one after the other) then subscribe to GPU for one month for £10.99 or if you’ve not had it before for £1 and it converts into 3 years GPU. 
Just cancel the auto payment and sorted. 3years for around £3.50 a month. 

This guy knows

30 minutes ago, dougal said:

This guy knows

That guy knows cause this guy knows. :rofl:

Anyway - to get back to it. The Xbox Series X is superb. A brilliant bit of kit.

Game Pass is incredible and getting stronger year on year. In the last 12months two of the biggest games on the service were GTA5 and RDR2. Going forward there are some major titles coming on launch day because of Microsoft’s move to buy game studios. Pound for pound it’s incredible value (especially if you use the cut price 3yr deal I told JD&C about).

jack D and coke
38 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

That guy knows cause this guy knows. :rofl:

Anyway - to get back to it. The Xbox Series X is superb. A brilliant bit of kit.

Game Pass is incredible and getting stronger year on year. In the last 12months two of the biggest games on the service were GTA5 and RDR2. Going forward there are some major titles coming on launch day because of Microsoft’s move to buy game studios. Pound for pound it’s incredible value (especially if you use the cut price 3yr deal I told JD&C about).

👍🏼😉

I've had both Sony and Microsoft consoles through the years but I really want to get my hands on XBox X.

Very frustrated at the moment. Can't get one anywhere. 

I have both (very bored during lockdown so thought why not).

Xbox is great for multiplayer and probably better for most multi platform games, maybe other than COD which I think is better on PS5. Gamepass is absolutely unbelievable value and as I'm only just finding out this week, xcloud looks like it's going to be superb once out of beta.

PS5 is the best for big budget single player games. Nothing xbox has comes close to the likes of The Last of Us, Uncharted, God Of War, Horizon, Bloodborne ect. I also personally prefer the PS5 UI, looks much cleaner and more "next gen" than the xbox. I usually prefer the xbox controllers but the new dualsense controllers are fantastic, something you really need to experience to "get" it, imo. 

But.... at the end of the day, it's probably just easier to stick to whatever your mates also have 😂

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Bought xbox series s. 21 a month with ultimate pass. Superb! 

I've got a Series S with GamePass and agree it's brilliant. Especially for games that you'll play through once. I originally got a Series S as PS5s were impossible to get, and was planning to sell it when the shortage ends, but now planning to keep it and wait for PS5 slim in a few years.