Souttar...............off soon.....?

Section Q

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If I was Soapy, I'd only be signing if the fanbase learnt to spell my name.

Do they know what your name is? 🤔

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Naisys Tackle

On 10/10/2021 at 13:16, jambo mark said:

Who are we playing at the weekend?  Expect this urine to ramp up over the next few days.

Honestly as a Rangers supporter I laughed at this post, but you have been spot on as I see the Daily Record doing an interview with Alex McLeish saying  that the lad would jump at the chance to sign for Rangers 😁

On 12/10/2021 at 18:44, The Future's Maroon said:

Sry to have taken the thread a bit off topic…but a massive thank you to you…she (43) suffered a stroke in Jan, then found out about the Cancer in March.

As the Doctors realised it was early on she was straight into chemo/radiotherapy…it’s been a effing horrible 8/9 months, especially as I stayed working, looked after house and four kids….but honestly to see her now you wouldn’t even know she had been through both this at all.

Added to the fact the JT’s are back to where we should be just explains why I’m constantly happy at the moment!

Post of the Year IMHO.

highlandjambo3
24 minutes ago, Largo said:

Honestly as a Rangers supporter I laughed at this post, but you have been spot on as I see the Daily Record doing an interview with Alex McLeish saying  that the lad would jump at the chance to sign for Rangers 😁

This happens EVERY TIME we are about to play one of the cheeks

1 hour ago, Largo said:

:lol:

2 hours ago, jambocub said:

Agreed just watching them train just now and reckon he'll start on Saturday

Am sure you should not put on here who is training who isn't, it's not difficult when you see bibs, what team is, but never have nor ever will put that info on here.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Am sure you should not put on here who is training who isn't, it's not difficult when you see bibs, what team is, but never have nor ever will put that info on here.

Exclusive: Hearts to play their best defender v Rangers.

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I never mentioned bibs

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This happens EVERY TIME we are about to play one of the cheeks

Has it ever actually put a professional footballer off his game? Do they even read newspapers these days? 

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Has it ever actually put a professional footballer off his game? Do they even read newspapers these days? 

Walker was dropped under Cathro after speculation of joining the huns. 

However, he suggested the defender would want to move up a level to play for Rangers.

McLeish told Football Insider’s Russell Edge: “He’s had a few injuries. Is he at the level of the current Rangers guys?

“At the moment he’s probably just behind them but you would say he’s rebuilding his career again after a threatening injury.

Some encouraging words for John from Alex McCleish.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Walker was dropped under Cathro after speculation of joining the huns. 

So that's one. And was it confirmed by Jamie himself that he wasn't in the right frame of mind? 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

You better have a word with the club about putting pictures up of players training on Twitter and Instagram 🤣🤣

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So that's one. And was it confirmed by Jamie himself that he wasn't in the right frame of mind? 

It was confirmed by Cathro.  it's one publicly known about. 

Didn't Webster get dropped for ages too?

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It was confirmed by Cathro.  it's one publicly known about. 

Didn't Webster get dropped for ages too?

No idea. But if that affects them they are as weak as piss. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No idea. But if that affects them they are as weak as piss. 

Never said otherwise.  But they are examples. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Never said otherwise.  But they are examples. 

Apparently it happens every time we play the Old Firm. So two examples (without quotes from the players saying it affected them) out of hundreds of games is hardly conclusive proof.  

Naisys Tackle
26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Apparently it happens every time we play the Old Firm. So two examples (without quotes from the players saying it affected them) out of hundreds of games is hardly conclusive proof.  

It's not.  But it's happened before on a regular basis.   Lafferty to the huns another example. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

My reply was actually to the rangers poster Largo (above) who didn’t believe this sort of thing happened.

5 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

I would be disappointed if we didn’t offer Souter a strong contract of 7 or 8k a week. If we are serious about challenging in the top 3 then we should have some players on bigger contracts….especially if they are performing like Souter does. I get it’s risky with him due to injuries but we should be doing it with all our best players that have resale value. Maybe we are for all I know lol.

I don't know if we could afford to spend 3.5% of our turnover on one (injury prone) player's contract. A big risk.

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

My reply was actually to the rangers poster Largo (above) who didn’t believe this sort of thing happened.

It's tinfoil hat stuff. Some wee journalist sitting there thinking "how can I put John Souttar off his game this weekend"? 🤔 "I know, I'll ask the editor if I can put a story in about him joining Rangers" 

Do you honestly think that happens? 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's tinfoil hat stuff. Some wee journalist sitting there thinking "how can I put John Souttar off his game this weekend"? 🤔 "I know, I'll ask the editor if I can put a story in about him joining Rangers" 

I don't.  What i do know is supporters of rangers will have the game against us in their head (players, tactics, results etc) what better way to get clicks or sales is to link one of our best players to their club? 

highlandjambo3
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's tinfoil hat stuff. Some wee journalist sitting there thinking:

1.  "how can I put John Souttar off his game this weekend"? 🤔

2.  "I know, I'll ask the editor if I can put a story in about him joining Rangers

I’ll answer both your questions:

1.  No, it will not put him off (as alluded to by other posters).

2.  Yes that happens…….see Daily record 

If any EEN journos are about, getting a wee tongue in cheek article quoting Levein or Robbo talking about how Morelos or Patterson should be eying a move to table topping Hearts that would be great :P 

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ll answer both your questions:

1.  No, it will not put him off (as alluded to by other posters).

2.  Yes that happens…….see Daily record 

And their reason for the Nathan Patterson to Manchester United and Everton articles? 

Good to see this thread getting dragged into another “oooo look at me” thread by some posters 😵💫

Was also good to see it posted Souttar is training bib or no bib 😏

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It's not.  But it's happened before on a regular basis.   Lafferty to the huns another example. 

Celtic 'were interested' in Uche in the build up to playing us

Edited by kila

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Have you been living in a cave? The OF's MO when it comes to signing up other Scottish team's best players is typically:

Unsettle player with placed press stories (ie tapping up via the papers) along with probably other ways of tapping up (through Rangers players on international get togethers for example)

Make a derisory bid (sometimes they don't even bother offering money to a club)

Sit back and wait for the player to agitate for a move or the player's agent to start demanding more money from their current club etc

Edited by ToqueJambo

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

However, he suggested the defender would want to move up a level to play for Rangers.

McLeish told Football Insider’s Russell Edge: “He’s had a few injuries. Is he at the level of the current Rangers guys?

“At the moment he’s probably just behind them but you would say he’s rebuilding his career again after a threatening injury.

Some encouraging words for John from Alex McCleish.

So he's saying that Souttar would leave Hearts for Rangers knowing he would a bench warmer, because he's not as good as any of the Rangers' central defenders? 

Not a very encouraging move for John to further his career.

If John signed a wee extension with us, with a release clause, and proved himself reliably fit next season, he could do a whole lot better than Rangers. 

I don't think that there would be any Hearts fan who wouldn't wish him all the best when he did move on, if he stayed a wee while longer.

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Have you been living in a cave? The OF's MO when it comes to signing up other Scottish team's best players is typically:

Unsettle player with placed press stories (ie tapping up via the papers) along with probably other ways of tapping up (through Rangers players on international get togethers for example)

Make a derisory bid (sometimes they don't even bother offering money to a club)

Sit back and wait for the player to agitate for a move or the player's agent to start demanding more money from their current club etc

The papers? 😂 Which are read by about 5% of the population. 

Utter paranoid nonsense and more excuse making. If Hearts get beat on Saturday it will be because we were crap as usual in Glasgow, not because some journalist printed a story (which the player won't read) saying Souttar could be a potential target. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yup I very much reckon it's part of the recipe/business model.  There will be a minimum space every day that must be covered relating to Celtic and to Rangers, if it's a slow news day they will need to find an angle - unfortunately for us that often involves this kind of stuff, it is after all an easy way to fill a page. Whether or not it's deliberate, who knows?

Edited by Japan Jambo
adding

20 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

So he's saying that Souttar would leave Hearts for Rangers knowing he would a bench warmer, because he's not as good as any of the Rangers' central defenders? 

Not a very encouraging move for John to further his career.

If John signed a wee extension with us, with a release clause, and proved himself reliably fit next season, he could do a whole lot better than Rangers. 

I don't think that there would be any Hearts fan who wouldn't wish him all the best when he did move on, if he stayed a wee while longer.

Alex Mcleish has been talking p15h for years. Worse than that he's been incoherent for years, even while he was manager of Scotland, he only got that job because of his connections with the Scottish Football Establishment (SFE), prominent among whom is The Rangers Football club (formerly known as Sevco, formerly known as Rangers Football club). it would be interesting to know what the fee is for such an 'interview'.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Homme said:

For balance, the Sun are reporting Morelos to Newcastle.

Shocking attempt to put the player off his game for the weekend?

Yip. Morelos and Patterson will have stinkers against Hearts now.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yip. Morelos and Patterson will have stinkers against Hearts now.

Or Morelos will score four trying to impress Newcastle scouts. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The papers? 😂 Which are read by about 5% of the population. 

Utter paranoid nonsense and more excuse making. If Hearts get beat on Saturday it will be because we were crap as usual in Glasgow, not because some journalist printed a story (which the player won't read) saying Souttar could be a potential target. 

I happen to know exactly how Rangers and Celtic use certain journalists.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I happen to know exactly how Rangers and Celtic use certain journalists.

Big deal. No matter what they write it will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the match. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Big deal. No matter what they write it will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the match. 

I was talking about how the OF uses the media to indirectly tap up and unsettle players, which absolutely does affect players (the tapping up).

Edited by ToqueJambo