Souttar...............off soon.....?

Section Q

Selkirkhmfc1874
40 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hardly. You can't blame the club for not extending his contract when he's laid on the treatment table for most of it.

Totally agree! Club blameless on this one 

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Naisys Tackle

Be interesting if Souttar signs a new deal with a release clause that allows him to leave if we are offered a certain amount for him, then after he signs gets another serious injury, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.  Then we're once again left with him on the wage bill while he spends another season in the treatment room. 

Shanks said no

If he doesn’t want to sign and decides he will take his chances down south then fair enough, good luck to him. 

However if that’s the case then he better hope he can last a season without a major injury as Hearts will be under no obligation to support him when the contract expires (cue Fraser Wishart appearing to spout off)

HeartsandonlyHearts
26 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Be interesting if Souttar signs a new deal with a release clause that allows him to leave if we are offered a certain amount for him, then after he signs gets another serious injury, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.  Then we're once again left with him on the wage bill while he spends another season in the treatment room. 

Every player worldwide is one bad tackle or unlucky stretch away from being injured and out for a while. We’re probably no more unlucky than any other team. I want him to sign but I won’t lose sleep if he decides to leave. Short career for most players so having a chance of at least one 3/4 year crazy contract would be hard to turn down. He’s good at our level. Not so much the next level. Which may be top 8 championship at best right now. 
The money is the reason he’d leave Hearts. Not to win things in England. Promotion would be all he’d win down there. Not a chance he’ll win a cup. He won’t be at a big enough club.

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Porteous = Bombscare and a liability. 

Boyle = Decent to be honest.

Doig = Defensively weak.

Nisbet = Can score a few.

None of these players will make them anything like the money we will make from Beni or Cammy. 

Seems about right.

I think folk on here for obvious reasons underrate Boyle. He's obviously a very different player but the situation reminds me of Griffiths, in that I think Boyle is holding that squad together. If he gets injured or sold, they go from a European place to bottom six IMO.

Boyle to my eye is strong, fast, has a nose for goal, and brings other players into the attack.

Agree with your other ratings. I'd put the over/under on additional straight reds this season for Porteous at 2.5.

Rumour doing the rounds on Facebook is he signed a pre contract deal with septic. Funny how all this stuff comes out when we play the OF at the weekend, really makes you think.

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Rumour doing the rounds on Facebook is he signed a pre contract deal with septic. Funny how all this stuff comes out when we play the OF at the weekend, really makes you think.

That will be nonsense given that he can't sign a pre-contract yet. Although, they could very well have tapped him up. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
10 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I wonder if the next new Sheltic  manager will want him come July 2022?

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

That will be nonsense given that he can't sign a pre-contract yet. Although, they could very well have tapped him up. 

Teams tap up players all the time, Souttars agent will be well aware already who wants him and what they are willing to pay him, he (souttar and his agent ) will have been aware of these offers for months now.

Hence the reason Souttar has not committed to a deal from Hearts, no chance will he be here next season, my guess is he will be gone for 500k max deal in January 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Aye the plan was to sign him and then injure the **** out of him for half his contract, stand by him and then watch him wander off for a big pay day after half a season back fit.  Can't blame the club on this one, if they offered him a deal while crocked and he never got back fit then the likes of you would be slaughtering them for that too.

Club can't win in the Souttar situation, he holds all the cards and it's up to him to do the right thing.  

He's just trolling and looking to stir shit as he normally does. Best ignored.

Malinga the Swinga

I'd line Souttar to stay but if he goes, it doesn't matter. We have had better players leave club and we've survived, and we will prosper whether he's here or not.

Not blaming agent either if he goes. Souttar big enough to look after himself and make his own decisions.

His choice and his alone.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I actually think the boy Moore is as good as, if not better than Souttar and he can’t even get a game for Bristol City. Souttar has a way to go before he gets a look in at what we’d call a big club. Injury prone, slow. Not the finished article by any stretch. No where near good enough for the EPL

Certainly going by the last couple

of matches I’d say Moore is as good, if not slightly better, at coming out with the ball. He’s played some lovely first time balls too from balls he’s moved onto that’s pinged his way.  

Looked solid defensively too but obviously we need to see the guy longer term.  Soapy does have experience of playing against the old firm. 

Can't have altered much, having a couple of clubs linked with him.

The situation hasn't worsened by news that these clubs are interested. There are far more than two clubs interested in Souttar and a basic knowledge of football would confirm that. Not all players watched by clubs are considered due to form, personality, etc but key with soapy is being his injuries and how his recovery is.

The physical demands due to the number of games in the England lower league (any under the premiership) would not be in his own interests in my opinion and he would be best served racking up appearances here before hitting the top flight down there. Problem I foresee is the wages the arse cheeks could offer for the same demands and progress route. I would love to think he wouldn't go there but that extra incentive of (almost guarenteed) trophies and the inevitable immediate international jersey could sway him.

If it wasn't for the unbelievable bad luck with injuries he'd not be here now, I'm a big fan of him, he deserves success for his perseverance and commitment and I would love that to be here with us but if he does fly away, as sore as it would be, he would go with my best wishes. 

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He's just trolling and looking to stir shit as he normally does. Best ignored.

Aw diddums. Do you not like somebody having a different opinion from the nodding dogs on here? Tough.

Great player but very injury prone so can't be relied upon as a key player in our side. 

If he stays then good, but if he goes then it's not a big deal

Edited by Ted (Theodore) Logan
Messed up

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The first part of your post is nonsense. I agree Souttar should do the right thing and I already said that further up the thread. But the club needs to take some responsibility if he leaves for pennies or nothing. 

In your opinion what does the club have to do to avoid the possibility of him leaving for pennies or nothing?

Edited by Vlad Magic
Missed “him”

Naisys Tackle
54 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Moore would be a good replacement. 

As much as he would what would Bristol City with them having 20 months left on his contract value him if they decide to compare any price we sell Soapy for? 

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

In your opinion what does the club have to do to avoid the possibility of him leaving for pennies or nothing?

Get round the table, appeal to his good side and ask him to extend his contract so Hearts get a decent transfer fee. Is that so outrageous?

Given Soapy's injury problems, I wouldn't harbour any ill feelings if he moved on a free for the biggest contract he can get. 

If I had his talent and achilles injury history, I'd do the same. 

wattie exploited
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’d prefer to do both, if possible. 

trying to remember the last time we held on to a great player and then made some money on them !

perhaps Craig Gordon :rifle:

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Get round the table, appeal to his good side and ask him to extend his contract so Hearts get a decent transfer fee. Is that so outrageous?

Aye, they wouldn't have tried this. 

That is some out the box thinking on your part. 

What if he says no after that?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

trying to remember the last time we held on to a great player and then made some money on them !

perhaps Craig Gordon :rifle:

That's because we tied him down on daft wages. 

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I actually think the boy Moore is as good as, if not better than Souttar and he can’t even get a game for Bristol City. Souttar has a way to go before he gets a look in at what we’d call a big club. Injury prone, slow. Not the finished article by any stretch. No where near good enough for the EPL

What a lot of Tom tit, Soapy ain't slow and Moore has played against three poor teams.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Moore has played maybe 3 full games? 

Way too early to judge and come out with statements like that. 

Souttar isn't slow either. 

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Moore has played maybe 3 full games? 

Way too early to judge and come out with statements like that. 

Souttar isn't slow either. 

F me I agree with the First Minister that's it I am banning myself for rest of week.

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Aye I seen that too some sausage trying to get a rise and he has with the amount of comments on that hearts page . 

Do you think Savage would let this happen and if it did I’d expect Hearts not to play John for the rest of the time he is at Hearts . 

I can’t see it myself . Maybe Harry Souttar he was in the Celtic boys club when he was younger . Don’t think you can sign pre contracts before Jan anyway . 

Celtic done that with GMS signed him on a pre from Dundee United then last day of the window offered Dundee United like 100k to take him in Jan I’m sure Stu Armstrong was in the same position or they signed him for millions. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, they wouldn't have tried this. 

That is some out the box thinking on your part. 

What if he says no after that?

We obviously didn't try hard enough. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It isn’t (outrageous) but if they do that and he leaves the club are absolved of responsibility surely? 

It appears you wish to beat the club up for (A) a decision you freely admit they might not be able to influence and (B) one that hasn’t even taken place yet?

Wonder if he's out cause of injury or Vlad flu?

Next few weeks will tell but personally I'd stick with Kingsley,  Halkett, Moore , especially of he's no intention of signing a new deal.

Hearts have been incredibly loyal to Souttar i would have thought he would signed an extension but nothing surprises me any more tbh

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hardly. You can't blame the club for not extending his contract when he's laid on the treatment table for most of it.

Amazing innit 🤣🤣 Hearts wont have tried to speak to him , clearly treating players badly because emmm Hearts. Why cant we be Hibs…. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

3 hours ago, Sertse said:

Ach its standard no one at Hearts will blink an eye unless asked about it directly. Was Blackburn and Stoke yesterday remember. McNamara is a knob though so I wouldn’t be too hopeful of a new contract at least not soon.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'd line Souttar to stay but if he goes, it doesn't matter. We have had better players leave club and we've survived, and we will prosper whether he's here or not.

Not blaming agent either if he goes. Souttar big enough to look after himself and make his own decisions.

Far too sensible when you have crap like below posted

Jesus **** 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Try harder Hearts , do whatever you can to keep him even if it ****s us….. tie him to that chair and dont let him leave ever or else….

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yes but how often have we had over 10k season ticket holders, £130k/month in FoH contributions and someone like James Anderson involved?

I would expect us to push the boat out to keep him. If he turns it down and goes then that’s his problem and we love on to find a better replacement using the money we have. 

If we don’t try and keep our top talent and build on it when we are placed as we are then what’s the point?

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's because we tied him down on daft wages. 

he is well worth daft wages :rifle:

Regal Kingston

Every player is replaceable but Souttar would be a huge loss. 

A great player and a popular figure at the club. I always thought he’d sign a new deal so we could make money of his eventual transfer. 

Still might prove to be the case.  

Forever Hearts
51 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

He 100% is

And not for the first time.

The nodding dogs don't like anybody with a different opinion. What a sad lot. 

Imagine they were signing you.  Just offer you £1690 a week and you'd sign for the "banter".

Bazzas right boot

By not doing what? 

Blindfold him and tie him to chair? 

Kidnap his wife?

You can't force someone to sign a contract, you know this and are clearly on the wind up. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Imagine they were signing you.  Just offer you £1690 a week and you'd sign for the "banter".

😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

he is well worth daft wages :rifle:

Why wattie?

21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The nodding dogs don't like anybody with a different opinion. What a sad lot. 

Nodding dogs , surely in this case the nodding dogs are the ones saying do whatever is needed to keep souttar or tie him up on a contract. Those who oppose that because he is replaceable as every player is ultimately are not the nodding dogs. 

Tbf you don’t have an opinion with any reasoning you’ve not given any , you’ve just posted a lot of crap to say the club are bad and assumed ridiculous things like they haven’t tried enough to get him to stay. 

Edited by sadj

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why wattie?

Nodding dogs , surely in this case the nodding dogs are the ones saying do whatever is needed to keep souttar or tie him up on a contract. Those who oppose that because he is replaceable as every player is ultimately are not the nodding dogs. 

Tbf you don’t have an opinion with any reasoning you’ve not given any , you’ve just posted a lot of crap to say the club are bad and assumed ridiculous things like they haven’t tried enough to get him to stay. 

I didn't read any of that garbage, but I thought you had me on ignore? 🤔

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

That's really funny.🙄

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

As much as he would what would Bristol City with them having 20 months left on his contract value him if they decide to compare any price we sell Soapy for? 

Buy before we sell. 

The Future's Maroon
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don’t see a problem in this way of thinking, and despite all the pish on this thread JS is fully aware of it and the circumstances/outcomes

Some of the pish spouted on Social media and here is hilarious.

We are deep in conversations with him, he is happy (so is a certain goalkeeper)

Folk need to chill and not bite to tabloids!

16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I didn't read any of that garbage, but I thought you had me on ignore? 🤔

Every time , its almost like you troll people. You are on ignore it doesnt stop your posts coming up though 👍🏻 Also as always play the man and avoid actually making a point with any relevance or reasoning….

8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I don’t see a problem in this way of thinking, and despite all the pish on this thread JS is fully aware of it and the circumstances/outcomes

Some of the pish spouted on Social media and here is hilarious.

We are deep in conversations with him, he is happy (so is a certain goalkeeper)

Folk need to chill and not bite to tabloids!

😉 👍🏻 Hope you and the family are well pal 

Clubs the size of Hearts are in an impossible situation nowadays. We don’t have money to burn, so if you sign someone on a 3 year plus deal and they turn out to be rubbish (e.g. Martin and Oshaniwa) then it’s a financial disaster. But sign someone on a 2-year deal, and if they’re good then you have to start looking to re-sign them or cash in after about 6 months, because once they’re in their final year nobody will pay you decent money, and the player can just run down their contract, possibly signing a pre-contract with someone else half way through the year.

Of course, in Scotland we have the additional problem of Wormtongue-like agents, whose main aim sometimes seems to be to get their client a move to an OF club as cheaply as possible.

Souttar has to get a solid season in before we get any serious cash for him. Even then I imagine the fee would be dependent on how many games he plays for his new team. I think it would suit both parties for him to sign a two year deal extension.