Souttar...............off soon.....?

Section Q

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I read that Hearts are working on contracts now with a lot of players inc. Gordon and souttar.

The pigeon post finally arrived then.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Naisys Tackle

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was suprised too but it's a guy that coaches and knows him, or says he does. 

He's not a bull shittwr in general. 

If that's the case tho then surley if we pay out top players around that we can fiend off some teams. 

Wouldn't be against Souttar earning around this sum, it would only be for 8 or 9 months anyway 

22 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

More likely £7,500 per month for Hanlon otherwise "tick tock" as the vermin were want to say.

Sounds like SRB baws to me.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think people are rating Souttar far higher than he actually is tbh. Outstanding for us but no more than higher Championship down south.

Definitely 

Pasquale for King

I think everyone including the player is waiting to see how many games he actually manages to play, I would wager he’s not played 20 games consecutively for us. 
It would be a gamble for the club or the player to sign a contract at the minute, January onwards if he plays until then might be the time it all gets sorted one way or the other. 

7 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Not in real wages terms, both massive clubs in their own right.

No massive clubs in their own eyes!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Question is… why do none of our youngsters or better players sign extend contracts.

Hibs seem to get their youngsters/saleable assets like Doig, Boyle, Nisbet etc to sign extended deals to protect and reward the club. 

Our players seem to run down contracts 

Hearts players are more intelligent than Hibs players?

They don’t believe any agent or club overhype about their value unlike the lemmings jumping over the cliff at Hibs….

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I read that Hearts are working on contracts now with a lot of players inc. Gordon and souttar.

Planning for the next few years!

King Of The Cat Cafe
16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hearts players are more intelligent than Hibs players?

They don’t believe any agent or club overhype about their value unlike the lemmings jumping over the cliff at Hibs….

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a player moving from Hearts to Hibs increases the average intelligence quotient of both clubs.

6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

GTF can mean getting feck all for a player wishing to move on.

We have to be realistic.

I really hope we can persuade him on a further 2 year deal, knowing he will leave halfway through.

He has ambitions, Hearts ambitions may not be enough for him.

Fine...£4.5 million + 23.5% sell on.

Take it or leave it.

16 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Fine...£4.5 million + 23.5% sell on.

Take it or leave it.

I hope your involved in the negotiations.

:lol:

You might hope that Soapy would recognise the fact that the club have stood by him through a number of long-term injuries and sign a contract that lets us get a decent transfer fee. But that just isn’t how things are these days. His agent will tell him he’ll get a more lucrative contract and signing-on fee by sitting tight and seeing out his contract, and that’s what I expect to happen. It’s annoying, but it’s modern football.

What is frustrating is that Hibs (as others have said) seem to be more successful at getting their players to sign in similar situations, but I guess that’s life. Almost all of our ex-players speak about the club with genuine fondness, whereas Sauzee (to give one example) does not.

Naisys Tackle

If he signs a deal the same people that would say he won’t be missed will say he’s now worth £5m.

Souttar will see his wee brother is now progressing more in his career and will probably want a bit of that pie tbh. 

He does owe us though I feel with giving him his new deal when injured. 

InternationalJambo

Remember the overreaction when Irving left? Different calibre of player granted but have faith in those making the decisions. 

He'll see us right by insisting a near useless 10% is added like Paterson did. He'll get a few 'that a boy' type comments and PHM chat but in all honesty, it'll be 5 figures or nothing.

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

You might hope that Soapy would recognise the fact that the club have stood by him through a number of long-term injuries and sign a contract that lets us get a decent transfer fee. But that just isn’t how things are these days. His agent will tell him he’ll get a more lucrative contract and signing-on fee by sitting tight and seeing out his contract, and that’s what I expect to happen. It’s annoying, but it’s modern football.

What is frustrating is that Hibs (as others have said) seem to be more successful at getting their players to sign in similar situations, but I guess that’s life. Almost all of our ex-players speak about the club with genuine fondness, whereas Sauzee (to give one example) does not.

I keep hearing that Hibs are great at protecting their ‘assets’ however surely this is only admirable if there is an end game and they actually make any money?

I can only think of J McGinn in recent memory and even then they got sweeties. 

Porteous, Boyle, Doig or Nisbet are only worth what teams are prepared to pay for them. Which as of this summer is collectively £0.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I keep hearing that Hibs are great at protecting their ‘assets’ however surely this is only admirable if there is an end game and they actually make any money?

I can only think of J McGinn in recent memory and even then they got sweeties. 

Porteous, Boyle, Doig or Nisbet are only worth what teams are prepared to pay for them. Which as of this summer is collectively £0.

They’ve 20% on McGinns next sale.  Sold Cumdug for over a mill too. 

InternationalJambo
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yet are still in the negative since the McGinn & ‘cumdug’ transfers with their current wage bill and money outgoing over the last few seasons…

Edited by InternationalJambo

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Souttar’s advertised “choices”’are shite. Stoke, Blackburn or Rangers. Bigger wages but no ambition. 

I might be biased but he would be better signing another year and seeing what sort of move some games in Europe would get him and a longer period in-injured. He’d be in the SPL next

January IMO

His current apparent options are cul-de-sacs

8 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

So Blackburn and Stoke are not massive clubs according to your arse, sorry this is about opinions and I say they are, Stoke in particular have a massive fan base, Blackburn former champions, but your arse says different lol.

I’d like to back JtJambo arse up here, re the massive fan base ? I’ve met one in my life and heard Robbie Williams may support them or the other nondescripts nearby, the other team you mentioned? Ffs The cash went , the fans went ,boohoo

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Again, that’s something that may or may not happen. It’s not real. And Cummings went for far less that £1m iirc. 

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Yet are still in the negative since the McGinn & ‘cumdug’ transfers with their current wage bill and money outgoing over the last few seasons…

Couldn’t really get a shit how they are doing tbh. 

wattie exploited

no danger will he be leaving he will sign a new contract as we have paid his wages for the last 2 years with him out he will do the decent thing and sign a 3 year deal with an option to leave if we get a certain amount to let him go  so its a win win for both club and John :rifle:

we are building a team we dont want to dismantle this team :rifle:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, wattie exploited said:

no danger will he be leaving he will sign a new contract as we have paid his wages for the last 2 years with him out he will do the decent thing and sign a 3 year deal with an option to leave if we get a certain amount to let him go  so its a win win for both club and John :rifle:

All we did was honour his contract - should we have sacked him for getting injured?

Hes already missed a quarter of this season with injuries, I'm happy for him to stay and play when fit for us but we seriously need to be searching for more reliable replacement whether he stays or goes.  I think he would be mad to not sign a new deal, any club giving him a fatter wage will have it riddled with clauses tied to his fitness, id imagine Hearts wouldn't so simply gives him that security as he starts to try and prove his fitness.

Brilliant player on his game. Was a real shame about his injuries, but he wouldnt be at the club now had he not been injured. He would have been sold by now. 
Hes not bigger than the club. Every player leaves eventually. I just hope its not to Glasgow & we get a fee for him. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

36 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hes already missed a quarter of this season with injuries, I'm happy for him to stay and play when fit for us but we seriously need to be searching for more reliable replacement whether he stays or goes.  I think he would be mad to not sign a new deal, any club giving him a fatter wage will have it riddled with clauses tied to his fitness, id imagine Hearts wouldn't so simply gives him that security as he starts to try and prove his fitness.

2 games. 😄

StevenNaismith

I believe the club are quite far down the line with JS on a new contract but let’s all get our knickers in a twist over a newspaper article who need to print stuff as it’s international fixtures this week. 

10 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

You do realise it's circulation has dropped through the floor and Rangers fans actively boycott it? 

In fact, you probably don't...🙄

Well Rangers fans aren't exactly the most rational bunch are they? I've lost count of the number of things they are now boycotting.

That rag is blatantly pro Rangers but I wouldn't expect a Rangers sympathiser like yourself to acknowledge or admit that.

Edited by No Idle Talk

7 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

He's already told hearts he wants to go in January's window I heard

Someone at the club told me this yesterday

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well Rangers fans aren't exactly the most rational bunch are they? I've lost count of the number of things they are now boycotting.

That rag is blatantly pro Rangers but I wouldn't expect a Rangers sympathiser like yourself to acknowledge or admit that.

😂😂😂

Ideally I'd like to see him sign a two year extension at a decent wage. I think we can easily meet his demands. I'd be surprised if he did the prima donna on us.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Someone at the club told me this yesterday

As I asked the previous poster, who told you this

Bazzas right boot

The fact he's not signed yet is probably the the best indication that he's not signing an extension. 

Hopefully that changes but it doesn't look good. 

I'm playing the guessing game too.

He signs a 2 year extension.

Then stands out in next season's Champions League group stages and goes for about 25 mil 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Rantic both say he is going to them then Savage outs them for bidding £200k.

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Souttar’s advertised “choices”’are shite. Stoke, Blackburn or Rangers. Bigger wages but no ambition. 

I might be biased but he would be better signing another year and seeing what sort of move some games in Europe would get him and a longer period in-injured. He’d be in the SPL next

January IMO

His current apparent options are cul-de-sacs

Stoke and Blackburn are both pushing hard for promotion to the EPL, Stoke in a playoff spot just now and Blackburn just below them. Rangers are Scottish champions, league leaders just now, and if they stay there they're either straight into the champions league group stage next season or have a guaranteed europa league group stage fallback (can't remember which)! 

To say there's no ambition in any of those options is just nonsense. 

With his injury history you would think he would want a period of settling back in.  Playing well for Hearts would also get him back in Scotland squad.  I do wonder however if he is desperate for move that will boost his bank balance in case he fears another injury.  

There is no way his new agent, Jackie McNamara, is advising him to sign an extension with us. I'd be surprised if he goes in January either. He'll get a lot more as a free agent.

I was also told he won't play for us again unless we have injuries. I suppose we'll see if that's true come Saturday.

10 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

good post wattie.

54 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Then stands out in next season's Champions League group stages and goes for about 25 mil 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

I like this scenario 👍

Also, for a club that had virtually zero significant leaks re transfers in the summer, lots of people suddenly appear to be getting "told" things 🤔

54 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

I like this scenario 👍

Also, for a club that had virtually zero significant leaks re transfers in the summer, lots of people suddenly appear to be getting "told" things 🤔

2 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I like this scenario 👍

you can say that again