Souttar...............off soon.....?

Section Q

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

If he goes for zip I'll be annoyed. 

...and you getting annoyed, what does that equate to?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Naisys Tackle

Blackburn and Stoke🤣🤣🤣 Souttar could do far better then them.

Sign a 2/3 year deal, play in Europe with Hearts and establish himself in the Scotland squad and then leave to a far bigger and better club than either of the two above. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
27 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Has he refused a new deal or is it just assumption he wont sign?

It’s all just rumors at this point.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

You do realise it's circulation has dropped through the floor and Rangers fans actively boycott it? 

In fact, you probably don't...🙄

Trust you to get upset about something Rangers related :laugh2:

The only question worth asking for either Stoke or Blackburn is if either club has stopped going backwards yet...Might be more money but not a career move

Think a few folk are going to be very disappointed in Souttar. We’ve seen this story time and time again. Contract discussions that don’t go anywhere and then it’s May and he’s waving cheerio. 

Considering he’s spent so long injured I had hoped he’d have done right by the club. But that isn’t modern football. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Think a few folk are going to be very disappointed in Souttar. We’ve seen this story time and time again. Contract discussions that don’t go anywhere and then it’s May and he’s waving cheerio. 

Considering he’s spent so long injured I had hoped he’d have done right by the club. But that isn’t modern football. 

Seems other players at other clubs show loyalty to there clubs (Boyle, McKenna etc). Think it would be incredibly poor from Souttar if he doesn’t sign a new contract.

13 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Seems other players at other clubs show loyalty to there clubs (Boyle, McKenna etc). Think it would be incredibly poor from Souttar if he doesn’t sign a new contract.

As do I. Thing is if Paterson, Walker and Nicholson wont then there is absolutely no chance Souttar will. 

I think if he was going to sign a new deal it would have been done by now. Really frustrating. 

Edited by OTT

I think people are rating Souttar far higher than he actually is tbh. Outstanding for us but no more than higher Championship down south.

Glamorgan Jambo

Souttar won’t be short of options IF he plays a full season for us and gets back in the international set up. Otherwise whoever offers him a contract come January won’t be offering as good a contract as he could get waiting.

So negotiating a contract extension with a release clause would be the best move for him.

Or he could gamble on running his contract down and something coming up better in the summer. But then he’ll be placing a heavy bet on him staying largely injury free for the rest of the season.

and of course the timing of the story has everything to do with next week’s opposition.

2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

So predictable that the Daily Ranger would run a story like this in the lead up to next weekend's game.

I want to beat these *******s in the worst way. 

Does anyone seriously believe that a newspaper story, fake or otherwise, will have any impact on the game itself  ?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

If he's got anything about him at all he'd sign a new contract to ensure we get a few bob after spending half his Hearts career on the treatment table.  

Most likely because we risked his career by rushing him back into the team after each injury and not properly looking after him medically.

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Does anyone seriously believe that a newspaper story, fake or otherwise, will have any impact on the game itself  ?

Maybe whoever decides what the Daily Record runs with? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

What will be will be with Souttar. We are where we are because he only had a year left on his contract when he came back from a horrendous injury.

He’s a great player but we’ve played our best football without him the last two games.

Does this mean Taylor-Moore is a better player? No. But it indicates we can cope. Sell him in January if he doesn’t want to stay beyond the summer (which is fine but it allows us to plan for next season instead of humming and hawing for months).

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Stoke and Blackburn are both smaller clubs than Hearts. 

🙄

it's about platform & £€£€£€£

Dearie me, get your heed out the clouds!!!! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Did we show loyalty to his physical well-being though?

Just now, GavK1012 said:

🙄

Potential European football - platform. 

He should sign on regardless even by a year. Pretty poor from him if he doesn't imo. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Blackburn and Stoke🤣🤣🤣 Souttar could do far better then them.

Sign a 2/3 year deal, play in Europe with Hearts and establish himself in the Scotland squad and then leave to a far bigger and better club than either of the two above. 

..stay at Hearts, get more injuries, not max out his short career length and not take advantage of more lucrative wages elsewhere...

Yeah real tough one that 😂🤣😅

Just now, indianajones said:

He should sign on regardless even by a year. Pretty poor from him if he doesn't imo. 

He owes us nowt, we owe him owt, it's 2021 folks, neither him or us are a charity....

He has to look out for himself, nobody or nothing else...

He is far too injury prone, I've said it on every thread he is brought up...let him go, use the 3 odd grand a week we are paying him for someone whose body can stand up to football every week and that we can rely on....time for everyone to move on re JS....

If you can't see by now he is a crock (no fault of his!) then you need to get real....

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Potential European football 😂🤣😅

What, a couple of rounds of pre-comp/league games, oh wow, that's definitely worth hanging your career on 🤪

We haven't been in any league format of European football since 2004 ish....history dictates staying at Hearts isn't going to be kind to you re European games and exposure, is it??

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

...and you getting annoyed, what does that equate to?

I thought it was pretty evident tbh. 

6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

He owes us nowt, we owe him owt, it's 2021 folks, neither him or us are a charity....

He has to look out for himself, nobody or nothing else...

He is far too injury prone, I've said it on every thread he is brought up...let him go, use the 3 odd grand a week we are paying him for someone whose body can stand up to football every week and that we can rely on....time for everyone to move on re JS....

If you can't see by now he is a crock (no fault of his!) then you need to get real....

If he does move to a bigger club it would suggest they, at least, think they can get value out of him. 

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Probably won’t start anyway. I certainly wouldn’t be rushing him back in and unsettling the rhythm we’re in.  

:levein_interesting:

Just now, davemclaren said:

If he does move to a bigger club it would suggest they, at least, think they can get value out if him. 

They will likely have a lot more money to take a chance on him....any Chamiopnship team in England can afford to write off without a blink, a 10k a week contract over 3 years or so, it's a drop in the ocean for them....the risk and reward is quite high re the reward...we on the other hand have to stop handing out decent contracts to footballers whose history shows their bodies can't cope with the demands of football, even at this level....

Sooo not really a straight comparison IMHO...

4 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

What, a couple of rounds of pre-comp/league games, oh wow, that's definitely worth hanging your career on 🤪

We haven't been in any league format of European football since 2004 ish....history dictates staying at Hearts isn't going to be kind to you re European games and exposure, is it??

Alright then.

Look at Scott McKenna ffs. All the 'exposure' down there doing him well. 

1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

They will likely have a lot more money to take a chance on him....any Chamiopnship team in England can afford to write off without a blink, a 10k a week contract over 3 years or so, it's a drop in the ocean for them....the risk and reward is quite high re the reward...we on the other hand have to stop handing out decent contracts to footballers whose history shows their bodies can't cope with the demands of football, even at this level....

Sooo not really a straight comparison IMHO...

Do you’re view is that we should not offer a new contract and try and punt him in the next window? 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, kila said:

Trust you to get upset about something Rangers related :laugh2:

You are so predictable, and exceptionally boring. 😃

Just now, davemclaren said:

Do you’re view is that we should not offer a new contract and try and punt him in the next window? 

I think it would be best for everyone tbh...get some sort of fee, reinvest it in the squad...let him move on to a new challenge and we don't have to alter plans again we he likely gets injured...

We have seen in Taylor Moore there are plenty options out there, I'm just scunnered with his injury count at Hearts...evidence shows it would be a high risk move to give him another deal and have him on decent wedge at the club....

Think everyone moving on would be best 🙂

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, OTT said:

It is and if he ders a £10-£15k contract waved in his face fur 3 years you can't blame him 

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Yip. 

Ours don't, Patterson and Hickey being the recent examples. 

Bazzas right boot

Be a real shame if he doesn't sign an extension. 

What kind of money will we off tho, must be mid tier tier championship at our top end £6-£10k per week? 

I was told by someone Hanlon at hibs is on £7.5k a week. 

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I think it would be best for everyone tbh...get some sort of fee, reinvest it in the squad...let him move on to a new challenge and we don't have to alter plans again we he likely gets injured...

We have seen in Taylor Moore there are plenty options out there, I'm just scunnered with his injury count at Hearts...evidence shows it would be a high risk move to give him another deal and have him on decent wedge at the club....

Certainly an interesting view. Not convinced that Robbie and Savage see it that way, but they have the benefit of being closer to his situation, including his injury. 

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Alright then.

Look at Scott McKenna ffs. All the 'exposure' down there doing him well. 

John's brother certainly has a few clubs looking at him.

Bottom line is that there is better wages for a player for him and his family.

John Souttar oozes class and I hope he stays with us.

Any working man whatever his trade owes it to his family first.

He doesnt owe us anything Hearts have a duty of care to all its staff.

And that includes looking after them when injured.

Scott McKenna is shit.

Have said before I would be extremely disappointed in soapy and probably lose a bit of respect for him if he doesn't sign an extension and get us the money we deserve for him after the way hearts have looked after and helped him back from injuries etc 

But it's his choice I suppose.

54 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

The qualification position is rather different now.  If we win the cup, or if we finish third and one of the top two win the cup, we're guaranteed a spot in the group stage of one of the competitions. Far from a guarantee obviously, but a very realistic chance! 

...andFulton'sBaggio
4 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

The player clearly doesnt give a hoot about securing a decent transfer fee for the club so come January.....Highest bidder can have him.........Then we move on.

Heya, Hunboy 👋

58 minutes ago, Ked said:

John's brother certainly has a few clubs looking at him.

Bottom line is that there is better wages for a player for him and his family.

John Souttar oozes class and I hope he stays with us.

Any working man whatever his trade owes it to his family first.

He doesnt owe us anything Hearts have a duty of care to all its staff.

And that includes looking after them when injured.

Scott McKenna is shit.

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Last pre Covid average attendances were about 18000 for Stoke and 15000 for Blackburn. Massive clubs?

Championship 2021/2022 » Attendance » Home matches (worldfootball.net)

Folk should accept that the word 'professional' means something. The antithesis 'amateur' means something else entirely.

One plies his trade for money the other for the love of it (amo, amas, amat, for people of my age who failed Latin at school).

I have no complaints at all with JS if he decides to maximise his income while he can; good luck to you John.

If he decides to sign with us, or does a CP and insists on a good sell-on for our benefit so that we get a better return, then so much the better. 

Edited by upgotheheads

Question is… why do none of our youngsters or better players sign extend contracts.

Hibs seem to get their youngsters/saleable assets like Doig, Boyle, Nisbet etc to sign extended deals to protect and reward the club. 

Our players seem to run down contracts 

Edited by PTBCAL

Visiting Seagull
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

The only question worth asking for either Stoke or Blackburn is if either club has stopped going backwards yet...Might be more money but not a career move

Stoke are going for it this season - play-offs at least - and Blackburn won't be far away from the play-offs either. So either (or even both) could be in the PL next season. Stoke might need a replacement for his brother - at least they won't have to print new shirts! - or maybe he'd like to play alongside his brother? They'll probably need to replace Ostigard next season anyway.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be a real shame if he doesn't sign an extension. 

What kind of money will we off tho, must be mid tier tier championship at our top end £6-£10k per week? 

I was told by someone Hanlon at hibs is on £7.5k a week. 

I actually burst out laughing at that, both because it sounds ridiculous and if hibs paid him that ... 😂 🤣 😅 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

I reckon you will be in the minority with that view point. 

He is one of the best, if not the best player at the club. 

If he signs a new deal and plays most of the games between now and the end of the season, we could sell him for a very good fee in the summer. If he doesnt sign then we would be lucky to get 1.5m in January.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, brux said:

I actually burst out laughing at that, both because it sounds ridiculous and if hibs paid him that ... 😂 🤣 😅 

I was suprised too but it's a guy that coaches and knows him, or says he does. 

He's not a bull shittwr in general. 

If that's the case tho then surley if we pay out top players around that we can fiend off some teams. 

38 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Question is… why do none of our youngsters or better players sign extend contracts.

Hibs seem to get their youngsters/saleable assets like Doig, Boyle, Nisbet etc to sign extended deals to protect and reward the club. 

Our players seem to run down contracts 

Yep. We've been horrible at this for years

HeartsandonlyHearts

I’m going to assume if he leaves we’ll still start the first game after he goes with 11 players. Players of a good skill level will always be around for us to sign. The money around at lower levels in England will always make it it virtually impossible to hold on to Souttar type players. We can’t or won’t compete with monies available down there. I want him to sign but no warm fuzzy feeling right now. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was suprised too but it's a guy that coaches and knows him, or says he does. 

He's not a bull shittwr in general. 

If that's the case tho then surley if we pay out top players around that we can fiend off some teams. 

More likely £7,500 per month for Hanlon otherwise "tick tock" as the vermin were want to say.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

More likely £7,500 per month for Hanlon otherwise "tick tock" as the vermin were want to say.

Tbh, I wouldn't be suprised if a few players were on around that, Boyle for example after his new deal but Hanlon.... 

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

🙄

Not the only one.