Barry boy

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Will be in the next Scotland squad. 

Crying out for options like him. 

Forrest was injured, but Scotland could do with his ilk, even from the bench. 

Part of the reason for him coming here was for international reasons imo. 

I'm calling it-Barry in the next Scotland squad. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

I'd rather that our players don't have to risk injuries ... I know, it's great for the players (if they've grown up with aspirations of international football) but, if Gordon or Souttar got crocked then I'd be apoplectic.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'd rather that our players don't have to risk injuries ... I know, it's great for the players (if they've grown up with aspirations of international football) but, if Gordon or Souttar got crocked then I'd be apoplectic.

I agree from a selfish point of view, but McKay joined us for exactly that imo. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Would be brilliant to see more Hearts players in the squad. Souttar too (after he signs his contract extension of course :P)

👍

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

More likely to get injured playing for Hearts but we can’t wrap them in cotton wool. Do we stop them playing meaningless friendlies or League Cup section games for Hearts in case they get injured?  Not that we have to worry about Souttar getting injured playing for Scotland.  Not very likely when the Leeds captain and centre back can’t get a game ahead of a midfielder who is constantly pish when he plays at RCB for Scotland.

We have first team level players not getting on the bench. The more games the better. Cups, Internationals, bounce games (like Dundee Utd this week). You can’t keep 20 players content/match sharp playing Sat Sat.  

I'm just being pragmatic. If any of our players got crocked on international duties, and that is not unknown hence numerous instances of OF players being 'unavailable' and yet miraculously fit the next again week, then yes, I'd be less than chuffed.

Yes, more likely to pick up an injury whilst playing for us. But, a sair yin fer us if it happens during a game that is of no consequence to our league endeavours.

I think we should want guys like McKay to get into the Scotland squad, and Cammy to get into the Australian squad.  That's part of the reason why they have come to Hearts, and can only add to their sell on value when they eventually move on.

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I think we should want guys like McKay to get into the Scotland squad, and Cammy to get into the Australian squad.  That's part of the reason why they have come to Hearts, and can only add to their sell on value when they eventually move on.

not just the sell on value but it would show potential signings that playing for us will aid you getting caps

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not just the sell on value but it would show potential signings that playing for us will aid you getting caps

Exactly!  If we can establish a reputation for helping ambitious players to further their careers then that can only help us to continue to attract good young talent.  And if we can sell a lot of these players on for a decent return, that gives us the money to attract even better prospects.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Will be in the next Scotland squad. 

Crying out for options like him. 

Forrest was injured, but Scotland could do with his ilk, even from the bench. 

Part of the reason for him coming here was for international reasons imo. 

I'm calling it-Barry in the next Scotland squad. 

You're on drugs.

Edited by Lfhearts

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

More likely to get injured playing for Hearts but we can’t wrap them in cotton wool. Do we stop them playing meaningless friendlies or League Cup section games for Hearts in case they get injured?  Not that we have to worry about Souttar getting injured playing for Scotland.  Not very likely when the Leeds captain and centre back can’t get a game ahead of a midfielder who is constantly pish when he plays at RCB for Scotland.

This post is meaningless without names (for those of us who haven't a clue who half of the current Scotland players are).

lost in space
56 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Barry who?

Exacly! If you are not a jambo (NOT meaning you obviously), you will not know that he has the potential to play for Scotland. He is still quite a long way from even being on the bench for Scotland though, despite little competition for the position of winger.

Hopefully he will get fitter and show the consistency required.

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Exacly! If you are not a jambo (NOT meaning you obviously), you will not know that he has the potential to play for Scotland. He is still quite a long way from even being on the bench for Scotland though, despite little competition for the position of winger.

Hopefully he will get fitter and show the consistency required.

Isn't this a ref  to his name being Barrie?

Agree, if he gets fit he is a good enough player for Scotland. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Isn't this a ref  to his name being Barrie?

Agree, if he gets fit he is a good enough player for Scotland. 

Ah yes, I think I must have had a "whoosh" moment there. 😳

18 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nah. 

Barrie Mackay won't be in a Scotland squad any time soon but I simply cannot fathom why any Hearts supporter wouldn't want our players to be called up to internationals. The reward for the club, and our players, completely outweigh the risk of injuries.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not a chance. 

Maybe the next squad was a bit much, but I think he'll be in the squad sooner rather than later. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe the next squad was a bit much, but I think he'll be in the squad sooner rather than later. 

Unless Clarke starts playing with #10's and Wingers then I can't see it.