Scotland V Israel/Faroes. Official double match thread.

John Findlay

Just now, Cruyff said:

The SFA managed to buy it but obviously don't have the money to redevelop it so I'd imagine that is the obstacle at the moment. It will happen at some point, hopefully. 

If anything was going to happen it would be over a number of years as the SFA won’t be able to afford to replace three sides of the ground easily in terms of spending. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ri Alban

• Maroon Sailor

• Harry Potter

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Nations League draw is in December. I'm sure both are in the same pot so be braced for another couple of meetings! 😄

Only because Scotland blew it in last 2 games. Managers fault as he allowed players to go on bevvy and it caused us to lose guaranteed play off place for world cup and place in tier 1.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If anything was going to happen it would be over a number of years as the SFA won’t be able to afford to replace three sides of the ground easily in terms of spending. 

Spend £100 of millions to keep football in Glasgow or upgrade almost every aspect of Scottish football and bring it to the entire country for less and still have 2 x50k stadia in Glasgow. 

Hard choice for the forward thinking. 

Which way will they go?

Great win but we really struggle every time against Israel who are a fairly shitty team. We will never go anywhere with the quality of Dykes and Adam as our forward options. The rest of the team is ok but what's holding us back is our goal scorers.

10 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

For those without Sky, here are brief highlights.

Maricano with the knee into McTominay at the winner.

Hibs tramp.

Hibs class

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, benny said:

Think Dykes has scored more goals at International level than the thumb.

But the Thumb gets more Father's Day cards. 

10 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

But the Thumb gets more Father's Day cards. 

only boris johnson gets more than the thumb

16 minutes ago, benny said:

Think Dykes has scored more goals at International level than the thumb.

5 in 19 for dykes and we have won al those 5 games he scored in

4 in 22 for the thumb

32 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

For those without Sky, here are brief highlights.

Gutted..been betting McGinn to score from outside the box for the last few Scotland games.

Great goal,but he might have dragged it back a bit further before he hit it 🙂

It other betting news.. Hungary can just **** off

Only been to Hampden once because of where I live. Think the score was 1-5 or close to that anyway. Must say I fairly enjoyed the atmosphere. Had hospitality seats right in front of Mad Vlad. 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Have been to hampden a few times and it's always been pish, worst atmosphere I've experienced was when we beat Inverness a few years ago, it was so flat. Murrayfield should be the national stadium the atmosphere and actual stadium is quality.

I gather then, that ‘quality’ is a bit of a buzzword right now?

Perhaps we should all ‘reach out’?

2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Only been to Hampden once because of where I live. Think the score was 1-5 or close to that anyway. Must say I fairly enjoyed the atmosphere. Had hospitality seats right in front of Mad Vlad. 

The long lost ‘I’ is prolific within this post.

Whatever has happened to the English language?  🤷🏿‍♂️

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Defo. Unless they can get a grant from the government or something. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Defo. Unless they can get a grant from the government or something. 

I know in terms of priorities it can't be very high, but its disappointing our national stadium is so dated. When you look at Wembley, The Millennium Stadium, the Aviva Stadium and then Hampden its unbelievably disappointing. It looks like something from the deepest reaches of the eastern bloc. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The latest fad is to use “the” instead of “a”, like he’s had quite the performance. Irritating as **** but not as much as “reaching out”!

Maroon Sailor

Dykes had a hand in both their goals.

Shanned it from getting the ball in his coupon for the first free kick and fecked up the defensive line at the 2nd one

Missed a penalty, scored a goal and took a throw-in that he launched in to the box where he should've been

Eventful game for him

been here before
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

And on the other side of the same coin anything that's a bit shite now has to be termed "horrific" by the more melodramatic linguistic bandwagon jumpers.

Maroon Sailor

Must have been a few cups thrown in the Scotland dressing room at half-time.

An utter shambles of a first half then a terrific 2nd half

Bazzas right boot

Days like this you curse that the thumb is a wee waster. 

Having him in form as an option. 

Instead he's booting flairs back into fans at dens. 

Just like McGregor and  baz.. Arseholes Think playing for the of makes the untouchable. 

Wankers. 

Watched the game today,lots of ups and downs today which goes with watching Scotland, experience,youth and a lot off grit and determination, 1st half not so good but second absolutely fantastic, Mr Gordon always dependable but Gilmour, Paterson and pains me to say it Mcginn  (hobo)along with Mctominay fantastic

Fozzyonthefence
31 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Shanned it from getting the ball in his coupon for the first free kick and fecked up the defensive line at the 2nd one

Missed a penalty, scored a goal and took a throw-in that he launched in to the box where he should've been

Eventful game for him

Missed a sitter too with the header that Tierney laid on a plate for him. 

best in the land
44 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Eventful game for him

Don't rate him at all, weak link. 

52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just like McGregor and  baz.. Arseholes Think playing for the of makes the untouchable. 

Wankers. 

Agreed. Griffiths should be leading the line for Scotland and scoring goals the likes of Lyndon Dykes could only dream of...  He's clearly got the ability, and could be the player we are sorely missing up front.  Every other country seems to have a striker that can bag goals, and we're stuck messing around with players who couldn't hit a barn door. 

He's such a ****ing idiot though, and has wasted what could have been a glorious career.  Glad that wasters like him aren't getting the chance and bigged up when they've got serious flaws.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's days like this you curse that The Thumb is a wee waster. 

Instead he's booting flairs back into fans at Dens. 

Just like McGregor and Baz ... Arseholes, who think playing for the OF makes them untouchable. 

Wankers. 

Apologies for 'fixing that for you', but it was poetic ... almost Shakespearean. 😄

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

IDK

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm celebrating tonight with haggis and salad cream, washed down with cammomile tea, whatever that is.

Jesus wept.

"horrific" is entirely appropriate. 

44 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Don't rate him at all, weak link. 

Weak link 😂

He was outstanding tonight. Penalty miss was poor, but he done everything else you could possibly want 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The latest fad is to use “the” instead of “a”, like he’s had quite the performance. Irritating as **** but not as much as “reaching out”!

" "the” instead of “a” " just gets the nod from me as it's a newer aberration and therefore still has the power to really annoy. 

:muggy:

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I might/may crack this open.Hearts_C_2048x.thumb.jpg.352c9196cdabc0effea677a33d429caf.jpg

Is that the gin? Got that for my birthday but the badge is black. It was a great result and atmosphere . I was behind the goal so not the best seat but at the end for the winning goal. Hibs keeper time wasting the whole game

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Hate to be a pedant but....you missed out the have that I also missed!😉

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I might/may crack this open.Hearts_C_2048x.thumb.jpg.352c9196cdabc0effea677a33d429caf.jpg

Keep that for when we win the league. I'll bring the glasses. Two should do! 😄

Screenshot_20211010-003128_Gallery.jpg

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Basically if just beat the crap teams in this group we've done it for 2nd.

2 winable games away from home 

If we don’t beat the Faroes and Moldova we don’t deserve a play off spot. But we might not even have to beat them both but we want as many points as possible - important that we’re one of the seeded teams to get a home game in the play off “semi”. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wankers. 

He's a feckin arse, I hope he looks back after retirement and regrets what could have been...

Regardless of that waste of oxygen, someone will come along one day who breaks Law and Dalglish's record. 

Late to this thread, but we won in the face of adversity, we were crap for so long, but we did it ! Well done Scotland, !!!.

jack D and coke

I know we’re not great and all the rest but what a game that was today. 
Absolute roller coaster and entertainment. 
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Late to this thread, but we won in the face of adversity, we were crap for so long, but we did it ! Well done Scotland, !!!.

Honestly what a game that was today…

I love Scotland games, pubs heaving. 
That was special. 

Dykes is lucky he gets a shirt. A younger Naisy or (forgive me for saying it), a Thumb from 3 or 4 years ago would be a huge improvement....

best in the land
2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Weak link 😂

He was outstanding tonight. Penalty miss was poor, but he done everything else you could possibly want 

To have a striker that wasn't shite

Edited by best in the land

A_A wehatethehibs

To be fair to dykes he has 3 in his last 3 WC qualifiers so it is bizarre to call him a weak link when he’s been pivotal in the last 9 points. He’s a character as well. He’s no Dalglish but if a cf scores 3 in 3 that answers any and all criticisms. He’s been the beating heart of this team and you can bleat about “where would we be with a better CF?”but ask yourself where would we be without him. Not 2nd I would wager. Crazy game for him but when a CF bags the equaliser in a game like that it is massive for his team mates, in off the studs, that’s craftsmanship as well from the big man 

kingantti1874

Dykes isn’t shite at all, is he a top top player? Of course not but he works his arse off, holds play ip, links well..  he’s not ****ing world beater but he’s not “shite”

To add to the Dykes vs Griffiths - Dykes now has 5 goals in 19 caps to Griffiths' 4 goals in 22 caps.

Griffiths was given ample Scotland chances.

24 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

To add to the Dykes vs Griffiths - Dykes now has 5 goals in 19 caps to Griffiths' 4 goals in 22 caps.

Griffiths was given ample Scotland chances.

Yea. The thumb is out the picture unless he gets fit.

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Keep that for when we win the league. I'll bring the glasses. Two should do! 😄

Screenshot_20211010-003128_Gallery.jpg

:cheers:

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Is that the gin? Got that for my birthday but the badge is black. It was a great result and atmosphere . I was behind the goal so not the best seat but at the end for the winning goal. Hibs keeper time wasting the whole game

Vodka. And it's still intact.

Keeping it for the league title.

:yas:

28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Vodka. And it's still intact.

Keeping it for the league title.

:yas:

If the Hearts Pint Glasses aren't big enough then I'll bring this one ...

Screenshot_20211010-052345_Gallery.jpg

• davemclaren changed the title to Scotland V Israel/Faroes. Official double match thread.