Next Five Games

martoon

There are five games between this and the next international break.

What are your thoughts and predictions about these games?

Will we still be in touch with, or indeed be, the league leaders after them? 

Any other general thoughts about the current break helping or hindering our preparations, what the top 6 may look like come the November break, Dundee still being with us...?

A. Rangers L

H. Dundee W

A. St. Johnstone D

A. Aberdeen W

H. Dundee Utd W

10 points would be acceptable for me and enough to keep us within a few points of the top. Not a bad place to be in November with a third of the league campaign played. 

Boyces beard

A. Rangers D

H. Dundee W

A. St. Johnstone W

A. Aberdeen D

H. Dundee Utd W

11 points would be a fantastic return and keep us right up there in the mix

Special Agent Dale Cooper

A. Rangers D

H. Dundee W

A. St. Johnstone W

A. Aberdeen D

H. Dundee Utd W

I'll say 11 points. Aberdeen will get it together eventually. I've got a small hope we might sneak something at Ibrox...

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

A: Rangers = L
H: Scumdee = w

A: St Johnston = w

A: Scaberdeen = w

H: Dundee hibs = D

just a gut feeling.

Edited by jamboozy

August Landmesser

Nine points should keep us in second, but I'd be hoping for an unbeaten run, 11-13 points. 

Ibrox is not as daunting as it has been in the past. We can get something there (not a pumping!)

Lose to Rangers and win the rest is how I see it going. A morale boosting thumping of Dundee will get the guys up for the following three. 

Win the two at home obviously. Rangers we rarely get anything so I’d bite your hand off for a point. Perth and Pittodrie will be the big indicators of where we are .  4 points between those two and we’ll be reasonably happy with 10 points I’d have thought. Actually winning at Ibrox is a game changer obviously 

Bazzas right boot

Anything above 9 would be good. 

Anything below 6 a bit shit. 

Gonna go for 8 points 

Defeat

2 draws 

2 wins. 

We'll still be second but celtic tucked in just behind  us and Rangers getting ready  to pop  the champagne if they beat celtic next time. 

Exciting stuff. 

Or we win at Ibrox and everyone on here goes ****ing crazy ( in a good way). 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gonna go for 8 points 

Defeat

2 draws 

2 wins. 

We'll still be second but celtic tucked in just behind  us and Rangers getting ready  to pop  the champagne if they beat celtic next time. 

Exciting stuff. 

8 points seems a bit on the negative side for you, Tosh.

With Sir Boab at the helm I'd have thought you'd predict "15 points, nae bother". 😉

A. Rangers D

H. Dundee W

A. St. Johnstone W

A. Aberdeen D

H. Dundee Utd W

11pts

...can see 2 (possibly 3) draws in that run. 3 tricky away games so we need to make sure we definitely don't slip up at home. Really fancy us to take something from hunbrox... as long as we stick to our 343 that seems to be working a treat.

CloustonHMFC

LWWWW

We'll lose by a goal at ibrox after going 2 down quickly and fighting back but unable to find the 2nd. Win the rest.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gonna go for 8 points 

Defeat

2 draws 

2 wins. 

Exciting stuff. 

Funny cos 8 pts would feel disappointing. But itd leave us witban exact 2pt per game average for our first 13 games.

Shows how far weve come that could be in anyway underwhelming!!!!!

Agree that 8 or above would be fine enpugh. 10 or above excellent.

Unbeaten after this run would be stauner stuff. Mind you that could conceivably mean 5 points!!!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, martoon said:

8 points seems a bit on the negative side for you, Tosh.

With Sir Boab at the helm I'd have thought you'd predict "15 points, nae bother". 😉

I'm just a balanced chap. 

Never too far up or too far doon. 

I'm Like the grand ol'  Duke of Yorks men when they were neither up or down. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Funny cos 8 pts would feel disappointing. But itd leave us witban exact 2pt per game average for our first 13 games.

Shows how far weve come that could be in anyway underwhelming!!!!!

Agree that 8 or above would be fine enpugh. 10 or above excellent.

Unbeaten after this run would be stauner stuff. Mind you that could conceivably mean 5 points!!!

For some aye, I fully expect to level off and be in the fight for third. 

I also think we'll hit a 4/5 games spell were we don't win. 

So for me it's just football. 

I'd like to be suprised tho and come out of this with 3 or 4 wins with a result at Ibrox and as long as we win then as you say there is some movement expected in my special area. 

However, I'll expect the former tho and not descend into an emotional wreck should the OF pull away and we're in about third. 

Sevco L

Dundee W

St Johnston L

Aberdeen D

Dundee United W

7 points, we never win at St Johnston, Aberdeen will be a tight game, easy win against Dundee probably putting 4 or 5 past them, Dundee United will be a close game but will see out a hard fought win, and the 1st one well I think Sevco will probably win by two or three goals. 

However this looks to be a far better Hearts side than previous seasons and look like we could win any game so on that basis just scrap all of the above and 5 out of 5 it is then 15 points easily 🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Lose to Rangers and win the rest is how I see it going. A morale boosting thumping of Dundee will get the guys up for the following three. 

This

7 hours ago, martoon said:

There are five games between this and the next international break.

What are your thoughts and predictions about these games?

Will we still be in touch with, or indeed be, the league leaders after them? 

Any other general thoughts about the current break helping or hindering our preparations, what the top 6 may look like come the November break, Dundee still being with us...?

A. Rangers L

H. Dundee W

A. St. Johnstone D

A. Aberdeen W

H. Dundee Utd W

10 points would be acceptable for me and enough to keep us within a few points of the top. Not a bad place to be in November with a third of the league campaign played. 

I am determined we will beat Sevco. 
DETERMINED!!!!

52 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Sevco L

Dundee W

St Johnston L

Aberdeen D

Dundee United W

7 points, we never win at St Johnston, Aberdeen will be a tight game, easy win against Dundee probably putting 4 or 5 past them, Dundee United will be a close game but will see out a hard fought win, and the 1st one well I think Sevco will probably win by two or three goals. 

However this looks to be a far better Hearts side than previous seasons and look like we could win any game so on that basis just scrap all of the above and 5 out of 5 it is then 15 points easily 🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

This negativity pishy pants type opinions need to stop. I was the very same but then I realised Hearts are a very different animal now. St.Johnstone will be shiting it when we visit there and WE ARE coming home with the 3 points. 

Unknown user

An average of 2 points a game would be great but I'm going for 5 wins as we'll definitely win all those games. Scottish football will be trembling on it's knees by the time we're done this season

I'm going to go for still being unbeaten after these 5 games. A point at Ibrox and pitodrie and win the rest so 11 points and lay the Perth hoodoo to rest with a convincing 3- 0 win up there.

43 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This negativity pishy pants type opinions need to stop. I was the very same but then I realised Hearts are a very different animal now. St.Johnstone will be shiting it when we visit there and WE ARE coming home with the 3 points. 

I think your having problems distinguishing between what we’d like to happen and what we think will happen. As long the win ratio is higher than the draw ratio going the next 5 unbeaten that’s an excellent set of results. No one is ‘shiting’ it YET off us. Rangers won’t be, St Johnstone and Aberdeen unlikely to shite it.  Anything from 10 points upwards is pretty good going. I agree with SRB in that we’re likely fighting for 3rd. However I disagree when he says this Hearts team will hit a run of 4 or 5 games without winning. I just don’t see the potential for such a dip in this team.

Edited by JimmyCant

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm just a balanced chap. 

Never too far up or too far doon. 

I'm Like the grand ol'  Duke of Yorks men when they were neither up or down. 

Not the current Duke, I hope. 😄

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I am determined we will beat Sevco. 
DETERMINED!!!!

I'll be disappointed if we don't get something, tbh.

I did predict but I'm very hopeful we can or at least get the if Neilson gets it right on the day.

What a win it would be, PJ.

Hearts will be Champion's this season. And that consists of going to Snake Mountain and Fort Apache and winning against the Glesca bullies.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

A. Rangers W

H. Dundee W

A. St. Johnstone W

A. Aberdeen D

H. Dundee Utd W

Too many pessimists on here ready to fold at Ibrox ...and with low expectations at Perth. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hearts will be Champion's this season. And that consists of going to Snake Mountain and Fort Apache and winning against the Glesca bullies.

I'll have some of that peyote bro 

11 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

WWWWW 

This.

We're due spanking Rangers and despite their place in the league they have been terrible.

After that confidence breeds confidence. 

Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I'll have some of that peyote bro 

Something I’ve always fancied trying but never have. Doubt I ever will now as hallucinogenics don’t  have the same attraction when you hit your 50’s. 🙁

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Negative pishy pants type opinions 😂 it’s just a fact, and yes of course THIS Hearts side is a different animal compared to recent seasons, but St J are no mugs either. Any in any case, I did follow it up

with saying we WILL get 15 points, so relax my friend 🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

The Hogfather

Rangers L.

Dundee W.

St Johnstone W.

Aberdeen D.

Dundee Utd W.

It's about time we put our dreadful away record in Perth to bed. We've won at Ibrox twice since our last league win at St Johnstone.

One thing I'm absolutely certain of is that Rangers will be fired up on the 16th.

Even if they're not taking Hearts too seriously as contenders, privately, they will be determined to put us in "our" place publicly.

We will have to be very, very good on the day to stand up to the kind of onslaught I'm anticipating.

It would be fantastic if we can.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, martoon said:

One thing I'm absolutely certain of is that Rangers will be fired up on the 16th.

Even if they're not taking Hearts too seriously as contenders, privately, they will be determined to put us in "our" place publicly.

We will have to be very, very good on the day to stand up to the kind of onslaught I'm anticipating.

We will

Rangers - draw

Dundee - Win

St J - Win

Aberdeen - Win

Dundee Utd - Win

13 points! Some might say I'm overly optimistic, I just think that we are better than most of these teams, If we get something at ibrox I think our confidence from that will carry us through the other games (this is providing we don't get any injuries to Gordon, Boyce or Beni)

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Don't see why everyone is Sh!tting their pants off the buns, they really are playing well below par even though they are top of the league, in all honesty they should have drawn against Dundee and if H1b5 never got a man sent off that was a stick on draw imo.

Relax man, we have Scotlands number 1 in goals, A very solid defence(who have conceded the least amount of goals in the league btw) we have Xavi an Inesta in midfield and we have a guy who has already got double figures up front, we're taking something if not everything imo.

Glamorgan Jambo

You can tell from the strange appearance of the John Souttar stories today - linking him with Stoke, Blackburn, and amazingly a cut price January transfer to Rangers - that they’re worried about us.

Having said that results never go as you expect them so 10-12 points would be a very decent outcome.

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Don't see why everyone is Sh!tting their pants off the buns, they really are playing well below par even though they are top of the league, in all honesty they should have drawn against Dundee and if H1b5 never got a man sent off that was a stick on draw imo.

Relax man, we have Scotlands number 1 in goals, A very solid defence(who have conceded the least amount of goals in the league btw) we have Xavi an Inesta in midfield and we have a guy who has already got double figures up front, we're taking something if not everything imo.

You're quite right. :flagwave:

Our new team is fearless....I just hope Robbie is too come the Rangers game or he will get my wrath....Have a ***** go from the 1st minute....win or not.....Lets fk em up!

The key fixture for me is St Johnstone. We haven’t beaten them in Perth in the league since about 2009. If we can win there, I might start thinking we could be the real deal.

I can accept losing to Ran2ers at Ibrox as long as we have a go at them. Everyone knows that if you go there to defend you will lose. If you have a pop at them, you might get something. What is there to lose?

Bazzas right boot

Rangers-pumped be 2-0 after about 25 minutes. We'll be happy with a 3 goal margin. 

Dundee - win, 4-1

St Johnstone - win, close tho. 

Aberdeen - win, 3-0. Glass gets the boot after that. 

Utd- shock defeat, 3-2, a game were we miss loads and they score freaky goals.