• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• redjambo

• milky_26

• JudyJudyJudy

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Since 1902 Hibs have won one cup. Rudi's won two.

Don't get me started on that. Neilson and Tosh are solely to blame for that shit happening. 

FACTS

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Savage Vince

Medieval chastity belts are a complete myth. Most of the examples that exist today were made in the 19th century by students taking the piss. 

Hampden holds the records for the largest attendance at a match in a UEFA competition and, in Europe, the largest attendance in a domestic competition 

And probably a few others I’ve forgotten.

Malta is the smallest country in the EU.  It is also the least populated.  And it has the highest population density.

If you include overseas territories, the largest country in the EU is Denmark.

Tynecastle is further west than the home ground of every club in the English Premier League.

(Feel free to correct me on the last one - I just looked it up)

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Malta is the smallest country in the EU.  It is also the least populated.  And it has the highest population density.

If you include overseas territories, the largest country in the EU is Denmark.

Tynecastle is further west than the home ground of every club in the English Premier League.

(Feel free to correct me on the last one - I just looked it up)

Surprisingly, I think that you're right.  I thought Liverpool would be further west, but it isn't.

Edinburgh, 3.1 degress west, liverpool 2.8 degress west, so Edinburgh is further. Can't think of any other premier leagie teams further West?

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Don't get me started on that. Neilson and Tosh are solely to blame for that shit happening. 

FACTS

FACTS

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Leopards are not deaf.

FACT

I’d imagine there are some deaf leopards. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

In 1707 and 2014, Scots wanted no part in the UK. 

In 2014, more Scots wanted to be part of The UK, than not. 

Fact. 

Newhaven in East Sussex has a commemorative stone to honour Ho Chi Minh who worked as a pastry chef on the Newhaven Dieppe ferry.

3 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Edinburgh, 3.1 degress west, liverpool 2.8 degress west, so Edinburgh is further. Can't think of any other premier leagie teams further West?

Current ones, think you're right. In the past, Swansea would have been further west 

Great pyramid of Giza's latitude is the same numbers as the speed of light. They are also near enough perfectly aligned with the four points of a compass.

highlandjambo3
45 minutes ago, Tazio said:

0687D9B7-BA0C-43ED-BD7B-9DE32D054D8B.jpeg

There are more people in Cardiff than there are in Scotland North of Perth (in a line drawn west to east through Perth)

highlandjambo3
48 minutes ago, Tazio said:

0687D9B7-BA0C-43ED-BD7B-9DE32D054D8B.jpeg

There are more people in Cardiff than there are in Scotland North of Perth (in a line drawn west to east through Perth)

9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Seems unlikely.  Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Moray and Inverness must total well over half a million. Could well be wrong of course.

7 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Seems unlikely.  Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Moray and Inverness must total well over half a million. Could well be wrong of course.

dundee is also ever so slightly north of perth (56.397) compared to dundee (56.462)

highlandjambo3
14 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Wheesht…… it’s what I tell all the tourists 😂😂

the actress and at one point "most beautiful woman in the world" Hedy Lamarr was an excellent inventor whose work led to the development of things like bluetooth, wi-fi, GPS. it is all the more impressive that she did not have any formal training and was pretty much self taught

Edited by milky_26

JudyJudyJudy

Judy Garland and Elvis had a couple of things in common . 

Both were legendary entertainers 

and both died whilst on the lavvy  pan 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the actress and at one point "most beautiful woman in the world" Hedy Lamarr was an excellent inventor whose work led to the development of things like bluetooth, wi-fi, GPS. it is all the more impressive that she did not have any formal training and was pretty much self taught

Yes that’s incredible . There is a great documentary called “ Bombshell “ about her and focussed on this issue . Fascinating woman . 

Sawdust Caesar

The lead singer (and harmonica player) of The Yardbirds only had 1 lung. Not as impressive as a one-handed drummer but still.

Edited by Sawdust Caesar

Despite being the quintessential Irish drink and based in Dublin, Guinness had a sectarian employment policy and up until 1939 any worked marrying a catholic had to tender his resignation, and they avoided employing catholic workers until the 1960's. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Amazing woman, technology from decades later came from her work

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes that’s incredible . There is a great documentary called “ Bombshell “ about her and focussed on this issue . Fascinating woman . 

Didn't know that I'll need to watch it

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Amazing woman, technology from decades later came from her work

Didn't know that I'll need to watch it

It’s excellent . She was a victim of her time really . Wasn’t taken seriously due to being a woman and also very good looking .

She co invented invented “frequency hopping  “ during world war 2 saved lives . It was an early type of gps tracking and WiFi which Made if difficult for the Germans and Japanese to fire torpedoes at submarines as it jammed their frequency . She eventually was honoured pothumously inducted in the National Inventors hall of fame . 

She had an incredible life really . Fled from the nazis then settled in the USA . Think she loved her end days in Florida as a recluse . Well hardly gave interviews but there are home movies in the doc of her in her later years . I read a great biography of her . 

37146464-4CA3-4E06-9267-62A33B42E5C0.jpeg

Edited by JamesM48

The British and American Dennis the Menace comic strips were developed completely independently of each other by authors who had no idea of the existence of each other or their work.  Both versions went on sale for the first time on the same day, March 12th 1951 (although the U.S. version was dated the 15th).

All of the planets in the solar system can fit in the space between the Earth and the Moon.

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

All of the planets in the solar system can fit in the space between the Earth and the Moon.

??