Guiness World Record attempt

Fenwick

Hi all,

Just doing a bit of research here. I have spoken to MND Scotland about running the Edinburgh Marathon on their behalf next May. The idea would be to beat the current Guiness World Record for 'fastest marathon in a soccer uniform'. I would obviously be keen to do this in a Hearts kit but even more special would be to do the 26.2 miles with Zaliukas and 26 on the back (or maybe 26.2) in aid of MND Scotland. 

Pretty confident I can beat the time of 3h28 as I ran London on Sunday there in 3h05. However, London did exhaust all my goodwill with family and friends for donations so my question is, if this was promoted by Hearts/MND would you be willing to support the cause? MND staff and myself agreed that between the size of the Hearts fanbase, their passion for the charity, their support of big Zal and even the fun of setting a world record in a Hearts kit at the local marathon, could all be a great opportunity. Let me know, cheers.

Does a soccer uniform include shin guards and boots? 

If yes, then you can count on me for a donation.

If no, then you can still count on me for one...but I'll be less impressed 😂

36 minutes ago, Fenwick said:

It doesn't but I might stick some shinnies on anyway! Thanks bud

is that any rogue hibs fans appear on the route?

The Hogfather

I would consider reaching out to Rangers fans as well, if you do decide to go ahead with this. I imagine they felt the death of Fernando Ricksen just as much as we felt the loss of Marius. I'd be willing to bet there would be a great deal of goodwill amongst their supporters for this cause too.