Fixture Changes for TV - Sevco (H) & Muppets (A)

August Landmesser

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Almost worse than the old 6:05pm ko Sunday night games we used to have. 

I was astounded when I heard about that.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

*Bollox and would be taken to the cleaners if they did.

Nonsense. I'm delighted to have the flexibility to take my extra day whenever I want it and not be forced to take another day off at the start of Jan for no reason. 

My work were looking for people to work New year's day with Monday being the holiday. Oh how we laughed.... .Just taken on a new customer on  the 1st.  Still not working....Front of TV for me. Not been to Easter Rd since Alim scored...

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, R1874 said:

Monday 7:45pm works for everyone, no? Strange decision 

Sky will have an English game on then

Give us the shite time slots then have their real fitbaw on at 1400, 1600 and 2000.

Have the diddies on at 1200. 

****ing hate sky. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Nonsense. I'm delighted to have the flexibility to take my extra day whenever I want it and not be forced to take another day off at the start of Jan for no reason. 

Yeah, many business just give 28 days. 

Imagine if everyone had to take the holidays. 

Medical , retail, hospitality, police transport...... 

Everyone off at the same time :vrface:

In England they are still a bit on the 20 days plus 8 days in the 9-5 world tho. 

Scotland gave that up about 20 years ago, in part it was to even up part time employees and those who didn't work Mondays and part to let businesses do away with tripple time etc. 

I remember being part ime, working a 14 hour shift on a bh and Sunday - picking up tripple and double time , then chucking the rest of the week of sick. 😬

Fun times. 

21 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Realistically is there any chance of tickets for the derby being on sale to non season ticket holders? A rare fixture I could probably make the drive up for weather permitting but doubt there will be tickets available.

will be loyalty points 

5 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Why we away to Livingston in a Sunday at 3pm?

away to Celtic on TV previous Thursday

Edited by cookieboy
spelling

SectionDJambo
On 08/10/2021 at 17:36, fbjambo said:

Yes but not a ‘bank’ holiday 

I work in a bank and no longer get the 2nd as a holiday. We only get 3 days over Christmas and New Year 

Do the people in England still get Good Friday as a holiday? That was always their alternative to us getting the 2nd January off. Good Friday wasn’t a holiday in Scotland.

Some businesses have been coercing their staff into adding their traditional bank holidays to their annual leave entitlement. This allows them to force staff to work the bank holidays, whereas they previously couldn’t.

This was the crux of the dispute Asda workers had a couple of years ago. The fear of the staff was that Asda would be able to force them into work on Christmas Day.

The bottom line is that not every worker can now guarantee being off on a traditional bank holiday, so kick off times like midday on any of them could prevent fans from being able to attend. Sky and the SPFL care not a jot for the paying punters.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Do the people in England still get Good Friday as a holiday? That was always their alternative to us getting the 2nd January off. Good Friday wasn’t a holiday in Scotland.

Some businesses have been coercing their staff into adding their traditional bank holidays to their annual leave entitlement. This allows them to force staff to work the bank holidays, whereas they previously couldn’t.

This was the crux of the dispute Asda workers had a couple of years ago. The fear of the staff was that Asda would be able to force them into work on Christmas Day.

The bottom line is that not every worker can now guarantee being off on a traditional bank holiday, so kick off times like midday on any of them could prevent fans from being able to attend. Sky and the SPFL care not a jot for the paying punters.

Good Friday was a holiday in Scotland whilst Easter Monday wasn't but most, if not all workplaces in Scotland opted to take the Monday instead.

On 08/10/2021 at 12:43, gashauskis9 said:

Isn’t it in lieu of New Years Day?

I think it is because I live and work down south and I'm off the 3rd (I don't get the Scottish bank hol on the 2nd).