Fixture Changes for TV - Sevco (H) & Muppets (A)

August Landmesser

First game at ER in donkeys years I can’t go to, though at least it’s not a home game. Going to be controversial, I’d imagine there are a fair few people who don’t get the 3rd off

Edited by JCR

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, JCR said:

First game at ER in donkeys years I can’t go to, though at least it’s not a home game. Going to be controversial, I’d imagine there are a fair few people who don’t get the 3rd off

With the 2nd falling on a Sunday. Monday the 3rd is a Bank Holiday.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The 12pm on a Sunday kick off’s are gash. 

Almost worse than the old 6:05pm ko Sunday night games we used to have. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree especially when you have to use public transport! CeC say EH is a 7 day city and introduce parking charges on a Sunday but do nothing to improve bus frequency.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Isn’t it in lieu of New Years Day?

John Findlay
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Isn’t it in lieu of New Years Day?

No the 2nd of January is always a Bank Holiday in Scotland. This year the 4th was a Bank Holiday as the second fell on a Saturday. So Monday the 3rd next year Deffo a Bank Holiday and Tuesday the 4th. With the 1st and second being a Saturday and Sunday next year.

12 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I agree especially when you have to use public transport! CeC say EH is a 7 day city and introduce parking charges on a Sunday but do nothing to improve bus frequency.

It’s just shite. I’ve usually got a hangover on a Sunday and don’t really like going anywhere. No bad for buses from Musselburgh, even on a Sunday, so lucky enough that way. 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Almost worse than the old 6:05pm ko Sunday night games we used to have. 

Never had the ‘pleasure’ of attending those as was living in County Durham at the time. Only had basic telly so it was even  a hassle leaving the house and going to watch them in the pub, just as all the locals were leaving after the English games. 

jambo-in-furness

it boils my piss that a Sunday 12:30 ko means I have to stay over on Saturday night as I can’t get a train Sunday morning that will get me there in time. Extra expense for me while the Hearts fans are put out,  the The Rangers get the lions share by far of the tv money.

The Treasurer
34 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I could have sworn this Rangers game had already been moved ages ago 

It was due to sevco getting humiliated in Europe on the Thursday 

54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

they are absolutely pish.  Hate the Sunday games with a passion. No trains, work next day etc etc.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I hate them. Usually just out of bed with a hangover at that time…

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I hate them. Usually just out of bed with a hangover at that time…

Hellish eh?  I’m always up early but usually have a nap after lunch. Pisses me right off and that’s just the inconvenience on the Sunday. Saturday ****ed as well with no Hearts game

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

they are absolutely pish.  Hate the Sunday games with a passion. No trains, work next day etc etc.

Its rubbish. Could be a fair bit more of it if we qualify for europe next season. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Loads of places don’t give the 2nd as a bank holiday 

Bazzas right boot

Hate Sunday midday kick offs, always have a banging hangover. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Loads of places don’t give the 2nd as a bank holiday 

It's an official Scots bank holiday.

31 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Very few companies give it as a holiday bar public sector.  Most align to English public holidays to facilitate their UK clients.

Tuesday 4th Jan would be the rolled over holiday for the 2nd given the 1st rolls to the Monday.

Edited by frankblack

Noon on a Sunday is an absolute roaster of a time!  

Both Rangers games on at Noon on a Sunday; in fact ANY game at that time on a Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Francis Albert

Ah well another  two games I can't get to. The first train from London arrives some time after the second half starts for a 12 noon Sunday KO.  No doubt 12.30 on a public holiday is at least as impossible. At least live video for ST holders means I can watch. Given the way fixtures are messed about the least Sky could do is alloew clubs to maintain the live video for ST holders indefinitely Covid or no Covid. Their loss of viewers would be minimal, probably a few hundred.

Very disappointed it's been put back to the third. Suspected it would be changed but had hoped it would be to the 1st.

It will still be a "New Year derby" but there's nothing quite like New Year’s day itself.

Sadly, there's been precious few since the mid 70's: just eight I believe.

I do recall that in 1989 the game was scheduled for the 2nd (we were at Parkhead on Hogmanay) but, as the home team, Hibs were given what appeared to be a choice between a 3pm ko on the 2nd or the day in lieu 24 hours later.

To avoid the extra bank holiday policing cost they chose the 4th, a Wednesday, and a 7.30 kick off.

Even Hibs fans were furious.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

But majority of Scottish banks follow English bank holidays so it is not a bank holiday. However,  3rd is a holiday in lieu of Saturday 1st (if people still get 2nd as a public holiday they will also be off in the Tuesday 4th) 

maroondevo52
27 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

But majority of Scottish banks follow English bank holidays so it is not a bank holiday. However,  3rd is a holiday in lieu of Saturday 1st (if people still get 2nd as a public holiday they will also be off in the Tuesday 4th) 

We collect from Banks and are off the 3rd and 4th Jan, so the Banks must be shut.

Not surprising but still infuriating. 
The open contempt Sky have for Scottish football still astounds me but as long as they get their 4 OF games a season then Doncaster & co are happy!

8 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Not surprising but still infuriating. 
The open contempt Sky have for Scottish football still astounds me but as long as they get their 4 OF games a season then Doncaster & co are happy!

Not just them.

I remember a semi at ER against ICT and the BBC had it at noon on a Sunday. The highlanders couldn’t get there by public transport for KO.

They’re all at it !

5 hours ago, JCR said:

The 3rd is a holiday because the 1st is a sat and the 2nd is a Sunday.

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

No the 2nd of January is always a Bank Holiday in Scotland. This year the 4th was a Bank Holiday as the second fell on a Saturday. So Monday the 3rd next year Deffo a Bank Holiday and Tuesday the 4th. With the 1st and second being a Saturday and Sunday next year.

Monday Tuesday are the bank holidays because the 1st and 2nd fall on the weekend.

50 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

The 2nd is a holiday in Scotland. 

Christmas day and Boxing day, New year's day and the 2nd.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

*Very few companies give it as a holiday bar public sector.  Most align to English public holidays to facilitate their UK clients.

Tuesday 4th Jan would be the rolled over holiday for the 2nd given the 1st rolls to the Monday.

*Bollox and would be taken to the cleaners if they did.

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The 2nd is a holiday in Scotland. 

Christmas day and Boxing day, New year's day and the 2nd.

Yes but not a ‘bank’ holiday 

I work in a bank and no longer get the 2nd as a holiday. We only get 3 days over Christmas and New Year 

2 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

Yes but not a ‘bank’ holiday 

I work in a bank and no longer get the 2nd as a holiday. We only get 3 days over Christmas and New Year 

Does it matter, it's a public holiday. And who gie's a feck about what England do.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not sure I see what you are getting at?

Are you saying companies in Scotland who don't give you the 2nd are breaking the law?

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Does it matter, it's a public holiday. And who gie's a feck about what England do.

Companies who trade with England give a feck.

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Except it’s not. There is a legal minimum amount of holidays but absolutely no stipulation on when they have to be. 
You maybe don’t realise how many employers roll the bank holidays into the annual entitlement or have aligned with the traditional English holidays. 

2 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Except it’s not. There is a legal minimum amount of holidays but absolutely no stipulation on when they have to be. 
You maybe don’t realise how many employers roll the bank holidays into the annual entitlement or have aligned with the traditional English holidays. 

I've been retired for five years now but when working haven't had a bank holiday on the actual day since about 1994. Much preferred them added to annual leave to be taken when I wanted.

Shanks said no

Don’t get the rush to ko the Derby at 1230, at least make it 2 or 3pm to allow supporters to get their.

At least we get a fortune from SKY thanks to the geniuses in charge of the game.  

Doctor FinnBarr

I get a choice of 4 rest days to take off over the festive period,#1 was the 2nd and #2 was the 3rd (no guarantee to get them mind). Working in North Lanarkshire means that everyone else will have the 2nd as #1 so should be fine for the 3rd.

Realistically is there any chance of tickets for the derby being on sale to non season ticket holders? A rare fixture I could probably make the drive up for weather permitting but doubt there will be tickets available.