• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

• Mr Elwood P

• Forever Hearts

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Would folk please stop encouraging that sheep shagging twat to hang around on our forum. Thank you in advance. 

😂 3.6k comments made on another football club forum is a bit strange. I don't care as long as he isn't a spoon burner or a arse cheek.

5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

When Conte joined Tottenham, they commented how he took Chelsea from 10th to winning in his first season.

I'd agree though that the realistic plan should be:-

2021/22 - Not be relegated

2022/23 - Top half

2023/24 - Qualifying for Europe

2024/25 - Targetting top 4

With the reported money they will be accessing, this should be an achievable target

Took me a couple of minutes to realise we are talking Newcastle not Spurs!!

Given the mountain they have to climb that'd be really, really impressive regardless of who they manage to snag as manager. Can't help but feel though that they'll need one to keep them up/stabilise and then once he has been thrown under the bus bring in someone else to challenge. Really difficult to deliver though between FFP, Geography and recent History imo.

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

😂 3.6k comments made on another football club forum is a bit strange. I don't care as long as he isn't a spoon burner or a arse cheek.

Feck me thats a lot of posts on another fitba teams forum, i have been on JKB since 2010 and i only just passed 1000 posts and i thought i was quite active lol

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Surely Newcastle have a decent ground and a fantastic support.

I have heard that the ground does need updating though.

They've got to be thinking that things will be better than they were under Mike Ashley

Decent Ground, Fantastic support but a SHITE location on a perception basis for player/managers etc.

3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Feck me thats a lot of posts on another fitba teams forum, i have been on JKB since 2010 and i only just passed 1000 posts and i thought i was quite active lol

😂 yeah it's a lot for someone who doesn't support Hearts . I wonder if he is on Bears Den (follow follow , whatever its called ) or Kerrydale ? 😂

.Net would of seen him banned years ago. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

complete control
14 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

The cheerleader puts you to shame. He's nearly hitting 50.000

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

If I was the owners and wanted to build a team and was happy to give a blank cheque book, and would pay millions to get a manager out their contract I would be paying whatever Leicester City and Rodgers wanted wage wise. He is the best British manager at the moment. 

David Moyes is the best British manager at the moment.  

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

David Moyes is the best British manager at the moment.  

Forgot about Moyes! I would like to see West Ham finish top 4 even win a cup would be good something their fans deserve. 

Think Howe is a decent appointment. That Newcastle team is utter garbage though. Shocking how so many mediocre players have managed to get in there all at once. Massive clear out needed by the looks of things. Wonder if he might be able to get the best out of Fraser too?

Weird the backroom staff thing is an issue again. What possible issue could there be? Newcastle are shite and relegation fodder, if this is who they want let him have whoever he wants no?

Just now, OTT said:

Think Howe is a decent appointment. That Newcastle team is utter garbage though. Shocking how so many mediocre players have managed to get in there all at once. Massive clear out needed by the looks of things. Wonder if he might be able to get the best out of Fraser too?

Weird the backroom staff thing is an issue again. What possible issue could there be? Newcastle are shite and relegation fodder, if this is who they want let him have whoever he wants no?

Agree about the back room thing. It’s part of football now, Conte has brought 5 to Spurs including 2 fitness and conditioning coaches. 

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Agree about the back room thing. It’s part of football now, Conte has brought 5 to Spurs including 2 fitness and conditioning coaches. 

it potentially could be similar to celtic that newcastle are trying to force graeme jones on him just like celtic tried with kennedy

Just now, milky_26 said:

it potentially could be similar to celtic that newcastle are trying to force graeme jones on him just like celtic tried with kennedy

A smart manager would make use of existing staff who know the players and set up. Conte brought his own guys in but also brought Ryan Mason back into the first team set up. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A smart manager would make use of existing staff who know the players and set up. Conte brought his own guys in but also brought Ryan Mason back into the first team set up. 

it depends on what the conditions are to keep the existing person 

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

eddie howe to newcastle being held up due to discussions about his backroom staff

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eddie-howe-newcastle-stalls-prospective-25391609

isn't that the reason he did not go to celtic

If they are scrimping on him bringing his team, its as much as saying to him that your going to be here that long.:sterb147:

44 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

If they are scrimping on him bringing his team, its as much as saying to him that your going to be here that long.:sterb147:

At the game tonight so looks a done deal

Eddie Howe is clearly rated very highly by a lot of people. But if he gets the job it will be interesting to see how it goes as Newcastle and Bournemouth are completely different propositions. There have been plenty of managers who have worked wonders with smaller clubs but have really struggled when faced with the pressure of a bigger club. 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Eddie Howe is clearly rated very highly by a lot of people. But if he gets the job it will be interesting to see how it goes as Newcastle and Bournemouth are completely different propositions. There have been plenty of managers who have worked wonders with smaller clubs but have really struggled when faced with the pressure of a bigger club. 

A lot higher profiled managers have struggled with the Newcastle job.

There is a lot of pressure that comes with it - one club City and a football mad area.

6 minutes ago, stirlo said:

That's the way I see it.

Keep them up and most likely a thanks but no thanks.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

That's the way I see it.

Keep them up and most likely a thanks but no thanks.

I’m sure he’s aware of that but if he does well and keeps them up he gets his name and reputation back out there, and he makes what I would imagine will be a hefty salary for about 8 months with a potential pay off if it the contract is longer than the end of the season. Worst case scenario he doesn’t keep them up and it dents his reputation a bit. 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Gerrard to Aston Villa ?

Much closer to his home on Merseyside

Interesting shout. The thing is, Gerrard must be in a bit of a quandary because he knows that it could still be a while before the Liverpool job comes up but at the same time he knows that if a move to another club doesn't work out he could blow his chances of the Liverpool job. And Villa has not turned out well for a lot of managers.

Edited by stirlo