Gerrard to Newcastle?

troy

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

😂 Newcastle is far and away the most racist, bigoted, violent place I've lived in the UK nd I've lived in a few sewers.

I'd much rather live in Newcastle than bloody Millwall!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

• Mr Elwood P

• Forever Hearts

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Most geordie folk I've met are exactly the opposite

Fat aye but racist ,bigoted and violent?

Aye, aye and not sure. 

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Where did you meet them?

Newcastle.

Edinburgh

Work

Holidays.

All sound apart from one at work who moaned constantly

Jambo in Bathgate
13 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

OK Mr Obtuse. The point is we now have a Squad from all over the world and I think that's a good thing. What about you?

We now have athletes who are fit and run all day without losing their skills on the ball. Reminds me of the squad of 2006. Let the good times roll. As for Gerrard I think he will not be going to Newcastle. The new owners are looking at the whole football club and seeing what is required before making changes. This is a long term project. Might even be better to take a step back rather than throw money at a quick fix that can’t be maintained. 

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

True, but it did take City a couple of years to convince the bigger names to come play for them and stay near by. I think the area still plays a part, maybe not as much, but a big name player will want to look at what the city and county can offer (travel links, opulence, etc.) Manchester is going through a pretty large scale gentrification and Liverpool has had similar but maybe not as large scale. Neither really compares with London if you are looking for a certain lifestyle and easy transport links to the rest of the world. 

And their first big signing, Robinho, thought he’d signed for Man Utd😂

LarrysRightFoot
58 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

For the Scots/English born only banter champions. Only two scots started for Hearts against Motherwell last week. We're a better team for it.

I do like a good base of British players - even more so Hearts fans as players and we have top class one in CG. 

Quite a strong British core in our current squad

SCOTS 

Gordon

Stewart

Kingsley

Souttar

Halliday

McKay

GMS

Walker

ENGLISH

Moore

Beni (I think he has dual nationality?)

Cochrane

Ginnely

NI

Smith

Boyce 

WELSH

Woodburn

Apologies for any I’ve missed 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I do like a good base of British players - even more so Hearts fans as players and we have top class one in CG. 

Quite a strong British core i our current squad

SCOTS 

Gordon

Stewart

Kingsley

Souttar

Halliday

McKay

GMS

Walker

ENGLISH

Moore

Cochrane

Ginnely

NI

Smith

Boyce 

WELSH

Woodburn

Hearts could easily start with 6 or 7 Scots

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Newcastle.

Edinburgh

Work

Holidays.

All sound apart from one at work who moaned constantly

I rarely met a Geordie that was sound. Some of the woman are OK, and mostly they'll sleep with anyone.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I rarely met a Geordie that was sound. Some of the woman are OK, and mostly they'll sleep with anyone.

Worked with loads of people from the North East in general and most of them moan like feck

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Worked with loads of people from the North East in general and most of them moan like feck

Unlike folk on here. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

😂 Newcastle is far and away the most racist, bigoted, violent place I've lived in the UK nd I've lived in a few sewers.

It's very backwards it's all mullets and tracksuits 

27 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Aberdonians tend to be like that.

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It's very backwards it's all mullets and tracksuits 

It really isnt. 
is everyone in Edinburgh “You’ll have had your tea” folks?

No doubt theres mullet & tracksuits in Geordieland but you will find them down easter road as well. 

Painting everyone with the same brush is dangerous and wrong. 

Ive known many Geordies in my time. Some decent, some arseholes but thats the population all over isnt it. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It really isnt. 
is everyone in Edinburgh “You’ll have had your tea” folks?

No doubt theres mullet & tracksuits in Geordieland but you will find them down easter road as well. 

Painting everyone with the same brush is dangerous and wrong. 

Ive known many Geordies in my time. Some decent, some arseholes but thats the population all over isnt it. 

Nah, not every population, for example the wallyford population is all fine ladies and gentlemen, unlike all the radges in Prestonpans. 

Shanks said no
48 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Well that's 50% of the population getting a massive 👍

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Never lived in Newcastle, or its surrounds. Have visited the area on a number of occasions, for football, visiting relatives who live in the Whitley Bay area and for the occasional, very good night out in Newcastle. Always felt at home in the area, and again maybe it is just me, but I've never been enamoured by London, although accept it may be different for the likes of high earning football players.

But I guess it is each to their own and in terms of football players, irrespective of which club they play for and where they live, I guess they will probably live, meet and mix in different sorts of situations from the average punter in the street.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Never lived in Newcastle, or its surrounds. Have visited the area on a number of occasions, for football, visiting relatives who live it the Whitley Bay area and for the occasional, very good night out in Newcastle. Always felt at home in the area, and again maybe it is just me, but I've never been enamoured by London, although accept it may be different for the likes of high earning football players.

But I guess it is each to their own and in terms of football players, irrespective of which club they play for and where they live, I guess they will probably live, meet and mix in different sorts of situations from the average punter in the street.

Whitley Bay you say. I got attacked in a pub in Whitley Bay on a Sunday lunchtime because I had the audacity to walk in with a black woman. Walking about the toon with her, I just waited for the monkey noises and verbal abuse that inevitably came, especially late at night. Things have improved in recent years of course, but not enough for me to accept its "each to their own". Anyway, I'm going to watch the Scotland game and have a booze. Enjoy your day.

Geordies are in the same bracket as Irish folks, there is an idea that they are all full of fun and nonsense, but nothing could be further from the truth.

3 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Quite a strong British core in our current squad

SCOTS 

Gordon

Stewart

Kingsley

Souttar

Halliday

McKay

GMS

Walker

ENGLISH

Moore

Cochrane

Ginnely

NI

Smith

Boyce 

WELSH

Woodburn

Halkett

Found Newcastle Train station to be full of arseholes 5pm onwards.Apart from that felt safe every time I have been there.

Like most places now though the woman have taken over  as  bigger pests than the men.

13 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

Geordies are in the same bracket as Irish folks, there is an idea that they are all full of fun and nonsense, but nothing could be further from the truth.

:spoton:

Das Viertel Hearts

Ha ha a packet of Tudor crisps could manage The Rangers or Celtic to win a title in Scotland by 20 point minimum... such is the advantage handed to them!!! 

On 08/10/2021 at 12:54, The Old Tolbooth said:

Not a chance on both counts, Klopp isn't leaving Liverpool before his contract expires, and Gerrard is nowhere near good enough for Liverpool as a manager. 

As for Newcastle, Gerrard won't even be flickering their radar, they'll now be looking at the likes of a Pep, Klopp, Conte, Tuchel etc, Klopp would be a great fit there to be honest, he's a bonkers as the Geordies are and they would love him like the Liverpool fans do, I hope it doesn't happen though and pretty sure it won't as Klopp wants a tilt at being the Germany manager one day. 

Absolute nonsense to think Newcastle will be able to take Pep, Klopp or Tuchel away from their current clubs. Newcastle don’t have a single player that is good enough. You only have to look at EPL clubs who have spent £200m in window previously to see how hard it will be for Newcastle to transform. 

19 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

For the Scots/English born only banter champions. Only two scots started for Hearts against Motherwell last week. We're a better team for it.

Kingsley

Gordon 

Halkett 

Mckay 

subs:

GMS 

Halliday

(Souttar would start if fit)

No longer active

If they need a new manager why not go for someone who they spent a 7 figure sum on and has a decent track record of managing a team from the North of the country …..

John Robertson !

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Kingsley

Gordon 

Halkett 

Mckay 

subs:

GMS 

Halliday

We've got a multi cultural squad, great isn't it?

6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

We've got a multi cultural squad, great isn't it?

Probably the least diverse Hearts squad for a long long time. Majority of the squad are white players from countries where English is the predominant language. 

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye but imagine being from Africa or south America 

New York, Paris, London, Madrid, Milan.

.....Newcastle 

They'll do well, by that I  mean probabily have to overpay to attract plays particularly at the start. 

Savage talked about Edinburgh as a great asset when attracting players. 

Newcastle will have the opposite dilemma. 

Chelsea, Barca, inter, psg are after a player.... Newcastle isn't hitting the radar unless they overspend even more than they already will be planning to.

The Chinese clubs attract players this way. 

To be fair it has a "wild nightlife", with some beautiful villages and towns within a 20 minute drive from St James to live in. 

A_A wehatethehibs
52 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probably the least diverse Hearts squad for a long long time. Majority of the squad are white players from countries where English is the predominant language. 

Do you know what’s crazy as well, I recently learned that the vast majority of Spanish teams squad is primarily from Spanish backgrounds and Spanish / Portuguese speaking countries like Spain, Portugal and South America.

Similarly many German teams seem to have this pattern of having a lot of Central Europeans who speak Germanic style languages.

You frequently see it in italy as well, a lot of Italians throughout squads mainly speaking Italian.

Strange phenomenon  

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why is this relevant? 

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolute nonsense to think Newcastle will be able to take Pep, Klopp or Tuchel away from their current clubs. Newcastle don’t have a single player that is good enough. You only have to look at EPL clubs who have spent £200m in window previously to see how hard it will be for Newcastle to transform. 

The cash has a mighty influence!

2 hours ago, ford donald said:

The cash has a mighty influence!

Perhaps for players. Unimaginable for Klopp or Pep to leave for Newcastle United. They could spend £200m for the next 3 or 4 windows and still be absolutely nowhere near the top 4!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

On 08/10/2021 at 20:21, NB GIN said:

No chance it will be him

They will target one of the top managers to attract top players.

This.   PIF will want a show appointment as they cannot buy players until the window opens in January.

gordon simpson

hope the Geordies rip all those plastic clubs a new one in the cesspit EPL 

and thank our lucky stars we are the HMFC our club 

Edited by gordon simpson

On 08/10/2021 at 23:01, RobNox said:

Most of the Manchester and Liverpool players end up living in Cheshire, which is a nice part of the country.  I'm not sure if there is an equivalent area in the North East, maybe somewhere in County Durham.

Good point 

Don’t think there is come to think off it 

The Old Tolbooth
On 10/10/2021 at 09:17, Mr Elwood P said:

If the money is there then managers will join, it all depends how much cash they decide to throw at a decent manager, because taking a chance on a rookie like Gerrard or Lampard might set them further back, they need someone who has a proven track record as they're about to splash the cash and if it was me, and okay maybe a Pep or Klopp at this stage is fanciful, but they'll get there eventually when they become one of the top dogs. 

The Old Tolbooth
14 hours ago, benny said:

I don't think Klopp or Pep would manage an other English team.

Klopp wouldn't, but I think Pep would definitely do it as he loves a blank cheque book and there's limited options for him to go to after City with blank cheque books, but it's too soon for him right now. 

On 10/10/2021 at 09:30, Mr Elwood P said:

Kingsley

Gordon 

Halkett 

Mckay 

subs:

GMS 

Halliday

Yep, our strongest xi has 5 Scots in it imo

16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If the money is there then managers will join, it all depends how much cash they decide to throw at a decent manager, because taking a chance on a rookie like Gerrard or Lampard might set them further back, they need someone who has a proven track record as they're about to splash the cash and if it was me, and okay maybe a Pep or Klopp at this stage is fanciful, but they'll get there eventually when they become one of the top dogs. 

Why would Pep join Newcastle? He wants to win the Champions League again. They’re going to struggle to even qualify for it. They’ve got an enormous amount in of money to spend to catch the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Villa.  

14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps for players. Unimaginable for Klopp or Pep to leave for Newcastle United. They could spend £200m for the next 3 or 4 windows and still be absolutely nowhere near the top 4!

It wont attract them as managers,you have to look further down the scale, a up and coming manager will be suitable, long term plans

not going to happen overnight,but it will eventually.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would Pep join Newcastle? He wants to win the Champions League again. They’re going to struggle to even qualify for it. They’ve got an enormous amount in of money to spend to catch the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Villa.  

You're taking that literally, I genuinely don't think they'll go for someone like Pep right away, but with that sort of cash that they have, I can see it further down the line, but someone needs to do the donkey work first and you're kidding yourself if you think Pep wouldn't go there one day if the money was right as City appear destined not to become champions of Europe, they've had plenty of decent chances as well and keep Hibsing it. 

I’d laugh my cock off if they did appoint Gerrard or similar and released a statement saying they will be continuing to follow Mike Ashley’s sensible financial model for the running of the club. 

Edited by Tazio

15 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You're taking that literally, I genuinely don't think they'll go for someone like Pep right away, but with that sort of cash that they have, I can see it further down the line, but someone needs to do the donkey work first and you're kidding yourself if you think Pep wouldn't go there one day if the money was right as City appear destined not to become champions of Europe, they've had plenty of decent chances as well and keep Hibsing it. 

You only have to look at the incumbent managers at Manchester United and Arsenal to see how difficult it will be for Newcastle United to attract a ‘top manager’. All Pep’s other clubs he’s inherited an incredible nucleus of a team. Newcastle have literally nothing to work with …

12 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why would the now richest club in the EPL go

for Gerrard?

That's where I am at, more Daily Record fueled pish.