Aberdeen Game- No Passport Checks.

been here before

been here before

Aberdeen tweeting this morning that the games between us on the 30th and the wee team the week before will NOT be subject to C19 passport checks.

This is due to what they anticipate the crowd to be as opposed to what the ground holds. 

Their thinking being that only 65% of their ST holders are predicted to turn up and theres only 900 away tickets available.

Im wondering if theyve employed a bit creativity and found a wee loophole here- fair play if they have.

Not sure what would happen if the respective crowds end up being over 10k- some sort of fine?

Anyone got the recent non covid attendences for these games?

Anyway mods feel free to close/move when this desends into another C19 thread

Recent home attendances

St Johnstone - 13,007

Ross County - 14.434

But that is different to how many people were actually there 

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Recent home attendances

St Johnstone - 13,007

Ross County - 14.434

But that is different to how many people were actually there 

There was a question about actual attendances at an AGM a couple of years back and the answer was the SPFL require the clubs to report tickets sold. They do know the actual attendances though even if not reported.

7 minutes ago, RobboM said:

There was a question about actual attendances at an AGM a couple of years back and the answer was the SPFL require the clubs to report tickets sold. They do know the actual attendances though even if not reported.

The police are informed of the turnstile attendance. Usually lower and in the case of Hibs, drastically lower!

14 minutes ago, RobboM said:

They do know the actual attendances. It's a public safety responsibility. Police Scotland can provide the figures. 

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Police Scotland can provide the figures. 

New thread required... 👍

Surely if they're that confident they must be restricting the number of tickets available to less than 10000. If not, and all the season ticket holders turn up they could be in bother.

Pasquale for King

Cost cutting exercise and two fingers to the Scottish Government, let’s hope they get into trouble for this. I would imagine we will take more fans up there than usual if we get a result at Ibrox.

fabienleclerq

I was watching something on my timeline today that suggested the take up from footballers of the vaccine isn't very high, I wonder how this fits with the covid passport rules? 

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I was watching something on my timeline today that suggested the take up from footballers of the vaccine isn't very high, I wonder how this fits with the covid passport rules? 

It doesn’t as they are employed there. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They do know the actual attendances. It's a public safety responsibility. Police Scotland can provide the figures. 

Please explain how police Scotland can provide the figures, am intrigued.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, 1953 said:

Surely if they're that confident they must be restricting the number of tickets available to less than 10000. If not, and all the season ticket holders turn up they could be in bother.

Exactly. 

What do they do if at 2.45 there is 9999 people in the ground and there is a big queue at the turnstiles 

Brave Hearts

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19631353.aberdeen-provide-pittodrie-crowd-covid-vaccine-update-ahead-hibs-hearts-clashes/

The Sheep are saying they are expecting crowds of 9,700 for next 2 home games against Hibs and Hearts So don’t have to check covid certificates.

🤦‍♂️

Last 3 home games crowds have been

: Ross County 14,434

: St Johnstone 13,007

: Celtic 14,522

been here before
18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cost cutting exercise and two fingers to the Scottish Government, let’s hope they get into trouble for this. I would imagine we will take more fans up there than usual if we get a result at Ibrox.

We can only take a max of 900, or at least thats what Aberdeen are planning for when working out these figures.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

We can only take a max of 900, or at least thats what Aberdeen are planning for when working out these figures.

Special favours to Celtic who got 1400.

Aberdeen could open the additional corner section if we sell out.

They reckon 9700 fans, if 12,000 turn up do they get in without checks?

Clever ploy from them if that's the case but I would expect repercussions from somewhere if that happens.

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

They reckon 9700 fans, if 12,000 turn up do they get in without checks?

Clever ploy from them if that's the case but I would expect repercussions from somewhere if that happens.

Got to assume Aberdeen can show the Scottish Government the actual attendances for their games this season. If comfortably below 10,000 they will be fine.

The Celtic crowd looked around 9000 to me. 

Don't know how many ST holders they have. 

Surely they will have to keep seats available for all their ST holders and make it all ticket for the balance. 

They could be turning their own fans away. 

Why not just confirm to the rules as they don't have to check everyone it's a spot check done randomly. 

I don’t get the sheep reasoning at all here. They’ll have stewards at the entrances. They only need to check a random number going in, which, going by last Saturday, went by without a hitch.

Why stick your head above the parapet, announcing no checks will be required ?

what if 300 more turn up as expected, taking it to 10K ?

seems a bit daft. The SG haven’t put a figure on numbers requiring checks. 

Be interesting if they get a home tie in the Scottish Cup against one of the bigger clubs. 

How would they manage 20% of 

STADIUM CAPACITY = 3500 tickets

out of 9999.

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don’t get the sheep reasoning at all here. They’ll have stewards at the entrances. They only need to check a random number going in, which, going by last Saturday, went by without a hitch.

Why stick your head above the parapet, announcing no checks will be required ?

what if 300 more turn up as expected, taking it to 10K ?

seems a bit daft. The SG haven’t put a figure on numbers requiring checks. 

They are admitting 5000 season ticket holders don't go to games.

Not sure how sensible that is. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Be interesting if they get a home tie in the Scottish Cup against one of the bigger clubs. 

How would they manage 20% of 

STADIUM CAPACITY = 3500 tickets

out of 9999.

Segregation has always came into play in these circumstances. It would be 1400 max to suit their layout…shithole that it is !

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are admitting 5000 season ticket holders don't go to games.

Not sure how sensible that is. 

Aye, it is a bit puzzling. How on earth can they be sure how many won’t turn up ? 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyway hope this comes back to bite them. 

All the missing ST holders turn up and Aberdeen get fined. 😂

Another thing, which has been mentioned. What if we win our next three games and go up there top of the pile ? Surely we would be asking for the full 1400 allocation, which would scupper their arithmetic ?