• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Unknown user

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Me. Thats not a joke either, its not a bad investment strategy to be aware of where certain investors are going. Follow the money and all that🤷🏻‍♂️

Investors, fair enough. Your Joe in the street?

43 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I don't understand all the “links”, they need a manager first!

There's only one man for the job - Brendan

11 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

😂 

978943D0-6AFE-4317-BD96-8BB459E6D589.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

😉 😉 

5C49BC4E-3C8C-460C-9976-00585036B8E2.jpeg

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Brendan Rodgers is a shoe in.

Not a bad shout - I think he's probably done all he can with Leicester now

Seymour M Hersh

Bet Spuds are over the moon it's them who face the barcodes first after the takeover. Won't be much of an atmosphere there this weekend. :lol:

jamboinglasgow
On 11/10/2021 at 21:46, Smithee said:

Why would people care that the Saudi investment fund have invested in these companies? I mean, it's the first I've heard about it, but then why would I hear about it?

Who keeps up to date with what tyrannical regimes are investing in?

It also misses the point. Football clubs are not the same as those companies. Football clubs are very much community based companies, they have a more social nature to them, the other companies are just massive multinationals (vast majority of those listed are often criticised for their stances and activities before throwing in PIF invest in them.) Also any investment by PIF in these companies will be relatively slow, the companies are not owned only by PIF.

The post listing these companies is pure whataboutism, where unless you criticise everything you are a hypocrite so must remain silent. Its an old Soviet tactic, one designed to stop criticism as it equates all wrong doing to be the same by the fact that something was wrong. So you cant criticise PIF (therefore Saudi Arabia) taking over Newcastle, because you didn't criticise another company which PIF owned 0.05% of. They are not the same.

Thought David Squires hit the nail on the head with his cartoon in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/oct/12/david-squires-on-newcastle-united-saudi-takeover

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It also misses the point. Football clubs are not the same as those companies. Football clubs are very much community based companies, they have a more social nature to them, the other companies are just massive multinationals (vast majority of those listed are often criticised for their stances and activities before throwing in PIF invest in them.) Also any investment by PIF in these companies will be relatively slow, the companies are not owned only by PIF.

The post listing these companies is pure whataboutism, where unless you criticise everything you are a hypocrite so must remain silent. Its an old Soviet tactic, one designed to stop criticism as it equates all wrong doing to be the same by the fact that something was wrong. So you cant criticise PIF (therefore Saudi Arabia) taking over Newcastle, because you didn't criticise another company which PIF owned 0.05% of. They are not the same.

It's exactly the same principle though

People can moan about PIF taking a 80 per cent stake of a football club over a Starbucks coffee in a Disney resort whilst chewing the fat over their next trip to a F1 race.

Like I said it was only a matter of time before they invested in a football club. If it wasn't Newcastle United then maybe the likes of Inter Milan but with no outrage from these shores. That would be perfectly acceptable for them to take over a non PL club. Nobody would get bent out of shape with that.

24 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thought David Squires hit the nail on the head with his cartoon in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/oct/12/david-squires-on-newcastle-united-saudi-takeover

Yep

Football is a bizarre world where fans will turn a blind eye to almost anything if it means more money to spend on better players in a way we would never accept in the 'real' world.

When it comes to football, we are Tories. Money grabbing chancers looking to screw someone else over for an advantage and also massively disaparaging about towns and cities ravaged by Thatcher et al . We even throw £133k per month at a usiness that routinely pays staff six figure salaries.

Albeit on a small scale, the actions of Romanov did affect other people negatively (those Bosnian pensioners for a start and who knows how many in the Lithuanian banking industry) and we had a good laugh about it. We even accepted Rix and only really turned against him when results suffered.

Of course it is disgusting seeing a fine old football club like Newcastle sold out to a regime such as Saudi Arabia but we would have taken the investment at Hearts, without a doubt. What is truly disgusting is seeing $320bn in the hands of private individuals.

Maroon Sailor
29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Football is a bizarre world where fans will turn a blind eye to almost anything if it means more money to spend on better players in a way we would never accept in the 'real' world.

When it comes to football, we are Tories. Money grabbing chancers looking to screw someone else over for an advantage and also massively disaparaging about towns and cities ravaged by Thatcher et al . We even throw £133k per month at a usiness that routinely pays staff six figure salaries.

Albeit on a small scale, the actions of Romanov did affect other people negatively (those Bosnian pensioners for a start and who knows how many in the Lithuanian banking industry) and we had a good laugh about it. We even accepted Rix and only really turned against him when results suffered.

Of course it is disgusting seeing a fine old football club like Newcastle sold out to a regime such as Saudi Arabia but we would have taken the investment at Hearts, without a doubt. What is truly disgusting is seeing $320bn in the hands of private individuals.

This

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

These were men wae a trade ! 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

People saying its something like £9 million Steve Bruce is getting.

Must still be negotiating the final details. 

Absolute joke

Talk about a Brucey Bonus

Bazzas right boot

Mike Ashley - dick, zero hour contracts, selfish . 

Get him tae ****. 

Saudi state- sexist, beheadings, kidnappings.. It's ok, it happens far away. 

Let's celebrate. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

People saying its something like £9 million Steve Bruce is getting.

Must still be negotiating the final details. 

Bet he's gutted he's getting sacked. 

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not a bad shout - I think he's probably done all he can with Leicester now

Gerrard to Leicester....? 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

This

£1b is a thousand million 

£320b...... 

The human race needs eridicated. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Get him tae ****. 

Let's celebrate. 

You'll have the closet Geordies on to you next. Couple on here desperate to justify Saudi intervention.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

This

£1b is a thousand million 

£320b...... 

The human race needs eridicated. 

Bit harsh.

Perhaps some of the wealthier types need 'persuaded' to share their cash.

For a start, instead of sticking their toungues up the royal farters the Newcastle fans group could have suggested a hefty investment/gift to local industry and charities.

I know it's fanciful stuff.

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Get him tae ****. 

Let's celebrate. 

You can blame one man for selling the club to the Saudis

This is what happens when one person has control of a club. His train set and he could do what he wanted with it.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bit harsh.

Perhaps some of the wealthier types need 'persuaded' to share their cash.

For a start, instead of sticking their toungues up the royal farters the Newcastle fans group could have suggested a hefty investment/gift to local industry and charities.

I know it's fanciful stuff.

Charities are also part of the problem. 

Just pay proper tax ya selfish *******s. 

Charities compensate for state short comings and allow the super wealthy to make grand gestures so they feel better. 

IMO. 😋

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Charities are also part of the problem. 

Just pay proper tax ya selfish *******s. 

Charities compensate for state short comings and allow the super wealthy to make grand gestures so they feel better. 

IMO. 😋

Charites are important and do provide benefit. But I do agree about not pay tax, billionaires will dodge all tax then pay what may seem a decent amount to charity, but will be way below what they should have paid in tax. Therefore they look like a philanthropist and get all the PR from that, but simply paying their fair share of tax would make a bigger difference. 

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Charites are important and do provide benefit. But I do agree about not pay tax, billionaires will dodge all tax then pay what may seem a decent amount to charity, but will be way below what they should have paid in tax. Therefore they look like a philanthropist and get all the PR from that, but simply paying their fair share of tax would make a bigger difference. 

It is a warped mindset that can look at their wealth of £millions/billions and then think "how can i avoid paying tax on that lot?"

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Charities only exist because the state fails imo. 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Charities only exist because the state fails imo. 

There are different types of charitable status and not all for fundraising purposes. Many organisations are registered as charities as it gives tax break benefits to the organisation, as well as permission to fundraise for it's own support. 

37 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There are different types of charitable status and not all for fundraising purposes. Many organisations are registered as charities as it gives tax break benefits to the organisation, as well as permission to fundraise for it's own support. 

Like private schools. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Tazio said:

40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

They still only exist because of state failure imo. 

Charity should not be required. 

42 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The human rights atrocities associated with this takeover are really starting to pile up.

Enough to make you a Sunderland supporter.

On 08/10/2021 at 15:44, Libertarian said:

I must admit that I feel exactly the same. The Saudi Arabian money is dripping with blood. It's disgraceful that the English and European football authorities are allowing this investment. If I were a Geordie I would never be back to St James's Park. Newcastle United have sold their soul to the devil.

I take it you don't live in the UK?

The UK sells billions of pounds worth of arms to SA, I take you won't come back. 👍 

If a rich Arab made Hearts Scottish champions and European champions, I'd be fecking gutted. Out me right off ma kebab.

On 11/10/2021 at 16:59, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Shearer is going to accept job with new owners. No wonder he was keen on them taking over, more cash for him.

He did seem happy when they took over...

Edited by Section Q

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He's been on their radar since he kicked the wee Jewish player in the puss. Must be footage somewhere.....!

Wasn’t that Hartson? (That did the kicking, I mean)

12 minutes ago, S Form said:

yep hartson kicked berkovic possibly in the facewhile they were both at west ham. the shearer incident was stamping on neil lennon and blackmailing the FA into not banning him as he said he would then not play at that summers euros or WC 

18 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He did seem happy when they took over...

13 minutes ago, S Form said:

Lennons a jew?

1 hour ago, S Form said:

Shearer kicked the Norther Irish victim in the Heid at Filbert Street. The one that went onto play and manage Celtic(twice).

John Hartson kicked Eyal Berkovic in the heid during a training session whilst both were at West Ham.

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That incident has followed Hartson around ever since

However it was retaliation

Yes it was retaliation, unlike the elbow smash on Andy Webster that is never mentioned. Particularly bad because he called Webster out for cheating, Celtic backed him and then we produced the video evidence. Unfortunately because it wasn't an official Old Firm Video he wasn't done for it. Should have got a ten game ban.

46 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yes it was retaliation, unlike the elbow smash on Andy Webster that is never mentioned. Particularly bad because he called Webster out for cheating, Celtic backed him and then we produced the video evidence. Unfortunately because it wasn't an official Old Firm Video he wasn't done for it. Should have got a ten game ban.

Should have been done for assault 🙄 

48 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

i remember oneill said webster elbowed himself in the throat/face and the media and unwashed hoardes swallowed it all without question

The Old Tolbooth
6 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Aye that was an absolute shocker, didn't they accuse Webster of elbowing himself in his own face? 

Have you ever tried to elbow your own face, you look a bit daft trying to!