Newcastle United

The Old Tolbooth

1 hour ago, Homme said:

19 clubs? 

So City, Chelsea etc

:rofl:

Sooner that league collapses the better.

Very much this. They all sold their souls a long time ago. **** the lot of them. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Unknown user

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Fair point, but what happens if the crown prince gets called up on ICJ charges for Khashoggi's murder (or any of another hundred human rights violations) and the UK supports it? What if prominent Saudi family members get arrest warrants in the UK? And the family says, "right, that's enough, we're pulling our funding and dumping our assets" which, in order to make better negotiating tactics, they've been doing Glazer-like (or frankly Romanov***-like) asset strips on for years?

It's not the same situation of course, but I don't see this as the smooth ramp to indefinite financial bliss for NUFC.

*** PS: I know this is a minority opinion around here, and it's water under the bridge, but what Romanov was doing with Hearts was far more than ego and deranged glory-seeking, much as that was part of it. All of the giant stadium plans and 50 million valuations and the rest were not simple delusional fantasies. They were part of a smokescreen to argue that the club's market value at sale was much larger than it was, so that it could be leveraged for further borrowing. Particularly pre-2008, a football club (or any sports franchise) was a pretty decent target for artificially ballooning value and leveraged borrowing.

I don't bring this up to re-litigate the Vlad argument again, but because people with enough money to buy EPL clubs usually end up with that much money by finding a way to extract value out of anything they touch. Newcastle may enjoy decades of success on the backs of Arabian petrodollars, but it also may find itself used and tossed aside.

I dearly hope to be proved wrong, but I hold out no hope for anyone actually holding the Saudis to account.

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Article 

Hahaha couldn't make it up!! Man city, Chelsea, Liverpool and Utd sh!tting their pants from the Geordies already. Get it up them I say!!

7 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Your not very clever are you, dumb, very dumb 

You come on to shoot me down with nothing but insults yet I am the "dumb" one.

:fonzie:

And it is 'you are' which would be 'you're'.

6 hours ago, Homme said:

19 clubs? 

So City, Chelsea etc

:rofl:

Sooner that league collapses the better.

Unbelievable. 30 years of develish greed. 30 years of ripping the soul out of English football and now they get bent out of shape.

22 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've only seen Hearts win three trophies in 45 years of supporting them. Are we a big club despite massively under achieving when it comes to trophies? 

I’ve seen 5 in 40 years. 

You’re clearly not a PHM. 

:jjyay:

Seen some young guys cutting about the toon with the Saudi flag around their shoulders last night, happily pointed out to them what the writing said. Nice to see them welcoming other religions into the toon, so open minded the Geordies.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله 

There is no god but Allah; Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

4 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Seen some young guys cutting about the toon with the Saudi flag around their shoulders last night, happily pointed out to them what the writing said. Nice to see them welcoming other religions into the toon, so open minded the Geordies.

Even looking at it the wrong way is pretty much seen as a blasphemous act. 

Would be awful if opposition fans were to disrespect it. Just awful. 😁

33 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Even looking at it the wrong way is pretty much seen as a blasphemous act. 

Would be awful if opposition fans were to disrespect it. Just awful. 😁

I've got some nice, respectful cartoons available too. 

39 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I mentioned this earlier. 

It might have been the 1989 Youth World Cup where Coca Cola or someone else did nice commemorative cans with each nations flag. 

The problem was the above words are indeed holy and should never be destroyed . So chucking your can in the bin was blasphemous. 

The Saudis at Newcastle might need a unique degree of open mindedness. 

Shanks said no
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Unbelievable. 30 years of develish greed. 30 years of ripping the soul out of English football and now they get bent out of shape.

If this has truly upset the other 19 then I am delighted, talk about double standards. 

Is likely to impact the likes of Spurs more than the others as they could easily lose their big 6 tag and unjustified place in the European elite breakaway league. 

Next game Newcastle v Spurs 17th at 1630

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Maroon Sailor

I remember someone at Tynecastle inadvertently pulled the Saudi flag upside down during the Youth world Cup and once spotted by a Saudi official someone in full Arab dress walked around to tell someone in no uncertain terms to get it sorted.

I noticed it was upside down as soon as I saw it when I got in

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If this has truly upset the other 19 then I am delighted, talk about double standards. 

Is likely to impact the likes of Spurs more than the others as they could easily lose their big 6 tag and unjustified place in the European elite breakaway league. 

Saudis hate the Jews too. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Saudis hate the Jews too. 

Too? I thought Geordies hate jocks wasn't sure about jews :lol: 

Maroon Sailor

Most of the fans on social media getting bent out of shape about this takeover are the ones that were laughing when it fell through last year

Fakeover to Takeover has got them all shook up

There is a new sheriff in town and the top 6 money men don't like it

13 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Newcastle are just going to be the next stinking rich club to play in the 'champions' league every year without being champions.

Scunnered.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Newcastle are just going to be the next stinking rich club to play in the 'champions' league every year without being champions.

Scunnered.

They'll be in good company in that regard

Heart of Midlothian

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Scunnered.

Watch their fans who slated the elite league suddenly start saying it probably is the way forward for the bigger clubs.   

When Man City got rich Mark Hughes went out and signed Wayne Bridge and Craig Bellamy.

When Chelsea got rich Claudio Ranieri signed Wayne Bridge and Damien Duff.

Newcastle are going to take a couple of years to reach the level that they want to and they're going to need a fall guy manager so maybe Steve Bruce should stay on.

10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Arabian peninsular has 11 royal families, how many now have a football club? 

Go on tell us?

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

When Man City got rich Mark Hughes went out and signed Wayne Bridge and Craig Bellamy.

When Chelsea got rich Claudio Ranieri signed Wayne Bridge and Damien Duff.

Newcastle are going to take a couple of years to reach the level that they want to and they're going to need a fall guy manager so maybe Steve Bruce should stay on.

The owners have said slowly but surely.

Newcastle are 2nd bottom with no wins so there is a massive overhaul required which is going to take a few years to build.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

The owners have said slowly but surely.

Newcastle are 2nd bottom with no wins so there is a massive overhaul required which is going to take a few years to build.

Yeah, I think Dubravka, Wilson and Saint-Maximin are the only players in their squad that won't be worried at the moment

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Yeah, I think Dubravka, Wilson and Saint-Maximin are the only players in their squad that won't be worried at the moment

All the players will get a chance between now and January to show the owners they are worth keeping. Some might up their game knowing the club has some ambition now 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

16 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

i would say wilson might be worried as the new owners possibly to put out a statement might aim for their first marquee signing to be a striker pushing wilson down the pecking order

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

SM is quality, he'll be rubbing his hands at the thought of what he could do in a decent team

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just a tip for any Newcastle fans, if you are one of many adopting the Saudi flag.

The flag has writing on it. But not just any writing. Holy Muslim words. You cannot dispose of the flag as that is effectively shitting and pissing on the Muslim religion. Actually far worse than that. Remember the cartoons of the prophet Muhammad (something you can't do basically). Disposing of the flag is worse than that.

But maybe the Saudis will happily take the shit they will get back home to appease the Geordies. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a whole raft of Saudi flags with NUFC slogans next weekend.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Scunnered.

If it prevents another getting it, I find it amusing.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I've got some nice, respectful cartoons available too. 

Please, don't. It's not worth it. Seriously. We're all Charlie Hebdo an' aw that.

Meanwhile, on the subject of Charlies, Charlie Adam has been on Football Focus giving his tuppence worth. No disrespect intended (🤭)  but he looks past it. He seems to be sporting a fine pair of manboobs.

Screenshot_20211009-123226_Gallery.jpg

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Go on tell us?

That will teach me as I don't actually know, here's a starter for 11

Al Khalifa family in Bahrain:

Al Maktoum family in Dubai:

Al Mualla family in Umm Al Quwain:

Al Nahyan family in Abu Dhabi:

MAN CITY

Al Nuaimi family in Ajman:

Al Qasimi family in Ras Al Khaimah: 

Al Qasimi family in Sharjah:

Al Sabah family in Kuwait:

Al Said family in Oman:

Al Saud family in Saudi Arabia:

NEWCASTLE

Al Sharqi family in Fujairah:

Al Thani family in Qatar:

PSG

Spitonastranger
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You come on to shoot me down with nothing but insults yet I am the "dumb" one.

:fonzie:

And it is 'you are' which would be 'you're'.

Tried to debate with you before but you never answer the questions asked. 

Unknown user
49 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Please, don't. It's not worth it. Seriously. We're all Charlie Hebdo an' aw that.

Meanwhile, on the subject of Charlies, Charlie Adam has been on Football Focus giving his tuppence worth. No disrespect intended (🤭)  but he looks past it. He seems to be sporting a fine pair of manboobs.

Screenshot_20211009-123226_Gallery.jpg

The first thing you thought wasn't elite professional athlete?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a whole raft of Saudi flags with NUFC slogans next weekend.

They'll be wearing the headgear and that.

Here's a question though - if Ashley took that money and went "at last, now **** the rangers" and came in offering to pump the 300 million into us if he can take over, how would you vote?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Watching Football Focus, seen a couple with tea towels on their heads.:facepalm:

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Here's a question though - if Ashley took that money and went "at last, now **** the rangers" and came in offering to pump the 300 million into us if he can take over, how would you vote?

Let the poll start!

Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have been lobbying against this from day one. They are interested in the integrity of English football apparently. How did the Super league go? :rofl: 

ColinSmith1255
4 hours ago, cheetah said:

Too? I thought Geordies hate jocks wasn't sure about jews :lol: 

I lived in Newcastle for 9 years and had no problem being Scottish. They reserved their dislike for Cockneys “fxxxing shandy drinkers “

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have been lobbying against this from day one. They are interested in the integrity of English football apparently. How did the Super league go? :rofl: 

20211009_143744.jpg

Maroon Sailor

Taken from a tweet on Twitter

PIF invests $5.5 billion in:
Starbucks, IBM, Disney, Cisco, Shell, Live Nation, Total, Pfizer, Qualcomm (for mobiles), BP, Boeing, Facebook, Mariott Hotels, McLaren, BT
Response: Don't care

PIF invest £300 million in nufc
Response: Outrage

Looking at that, pretty safe to assume PIF were going to buy a football club at some stage.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Malinga the Swinga

I see Shearer is going to accept job with new owners. No wonder he was keen on them taking over, more cash for him.

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Shearer is going to accept job with new owners. No wonder he was keen on them taking over, more cash for him.

$hearer

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Starbucks, IBM, Disney, Cisco, Shell, Live Nation, Total, Pfizer, Qualcomm (for mobiles), BP, Boeing, Facebook, Mariott Hotels, McLaren, BT

Looking at that, pretty safe to assume PIF were going to buy a football club at some stage.

Excellent post. 

Virtue signalling lemmings everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Very fair point. How many folk happily sip away on their £5 coffees from Starbucks whilst feigning outrage about Newcastle being funded by blood money :D 

5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why would people care that the Saudi investment fund have invested in these companies? I mean, it's the first I've heard about it, but then why would I hear about it?

Who keeps up to date with what tyrannical regimes are investing in?

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why would people care that the Saudi investment fund have invested in these companies? I mean, it's the first I've heard about it, but then why would I hear about it?

Who keeps up to date with what tyrannical regimes are investing in?

Reeks of Hibs this!!! that’s the sort of crap they would pull up 😂