• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Unknown user

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

If you're vegetarian everything you eat is halal

I am not a vegetarian, i live a plant based life style.

Although I get your point about all plants being permissible in Islam.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not that I would expect anything less from clutural and religious beliefs from the dark ages but the preperation of halal meat is nothing short of barbarism.  

I agree, although i would add all preparation of meat to that.

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

I agree, although i would add all preparation of meat to that.

Not the place for this debate and I fully respect your right to choose what goes into your body and the beliefs behind it but the food chain is the food chain.  From ants to whales - we eat what we do to stay alive.  Humans from the civilised non dark ages world at least do it humanely, or as humanely as can be under the circumstances.  I don't hear vegetarians clicking their gums when a lion rips the head of a zebra and nature from all around take every last morsel of it until it is just a carcass.

Jeffros Furios

Where does it leave the local lads who go on EDL and Football Lads Alliance marches ?  

Will they be boycotting St James's Park ? 

Probably not 😀

A more serious question is how affordable season tickets and match day tickets will be

Will there be a big increase in costs due to the demand ? 

Plenty folk in the North East with big struggles financially and loyal supporters could be priced out .

Hopefully theres mechanisms in place to prevent this  .

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Where does it leave the local lads who go on EDL and Football Lads Alliance marches ?  

Will they be boycotting St James's Park ? 

Probably not 😀

A more serious question is how affordable season tickets and match day tickets will be

Will there be a big increase in costs due to the demand ? 

Plenty folk in the North East with big struggles financially and loyal supporters could be priced out .

Hopefully theres mechanisms in place to prevent this  .

I, or indeed anyone on here can't answer this but what I am sure of is that the new owners will probably not give the slightest ****.  The market is not the local die hard 10th generation local fans it is the 5 billion people in Asia watching it on Bein sports.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Yes but Ashley put nowt into the pot…….Saudis will be expected to WONGA out very quickly and, as I eluded to, don’t think the Saudis are in this to make dosh……..win the premiership within 5 years?  

It’s play money for them. Winning the trophies will be on their agenda 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not the place for this debate and I fully respect your right to choose what goes into your body and the beliefs behind it but the food chain is the food chain.  From ants to whales - we eat what we do to stay alive.  Humans from the civilised non dark ages world at least do it humanely, or as humanely as can be under the circumstances.  I don't hear vegetarians clicking their gums when a lion rips the head of a zebra and nature from all around take every last morsel of it until it is just a carcass.

:rofl: 

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

It could easily become a money making exercise, fat Mike had them running at a £38m profit despite being utterly toxic in terms of outside sponsorship, the Saudis will easily increase turnover, something Ashley has failed to do since around 2007

Hagar the Horrible

Yeah bid bad Mike Ashley,  Keeping Newcastle a going concern.  getting them out of an EBT sevco like extinction.  So they dont win heehaw, so what?  they are self supporting.   Now they are financially doped,  I hope they go down now.

Just listening to like of Shearer and their fans getting all moist over this.  Want rid of Bruce, get Pep in, sign Bale, McGinn and Pogba.  They are lucky to have anybody, its a backwater! 

I hope there is banners at all grounds with where is Jamal's body? 

Maroon Sailor

At least no clubs will moan about Newcastle parking the bus once the new players come in and they start to build a strong squad.

That always gets me from the likes of Klopp and Pep

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah backs my point in that there has been zero commercial growth for a very long time with the only real increase being in TV revenue, huge opportunity for the new owners to increase revenue

13 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I don’t believe Man City fans see it that way, possibly quite reverse.

Owners put a lot of community projects in place. Set up state of the art training facility, womens football, youth football.

I seen this from the documentary series, but I am prepared to be corrected.

It wasn’t too long ago that these clubs tried to leave their respective leagues to form a European Super League. I very much doubt that idea has fully disappeared and it will eventually happen. 

Unknown user
54 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah backs my point in that there has been zero commercial growth for a very long time with the only real increase being in TV revenue, huge opportunity for the new owners to increase revenue

I hadn't realised but it's clear that Ashley's been playing a very clever long game.

FFP looks at (IIRC) the last 3 years' financial results.

By suppressing growth and spending, he got a club that can go on a spending spree if sold. They can use previous years' profits to cancel out some spending, and with the room for growth in revenues, they'll be able to pump money in immediately and over the next couple of years, and have that balanced out by the increases.

They'll no doubt get an enormous sponsorship deal from Incognito Ltd, Saudi Arabia too.

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It wasn’t too long ago that these clubs tried to leave their respective leagues to form a European Super League. I very much doubt that idea has fully disappeared and it will eventually happen. 

Would love it if Newcastle tried to set those wheels in motion again.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I hadn't realised but it's clear that Ashley's been playing a very clever long game.

FFP looks at (IIRC) the last 3 years' financial results.

By suppressing growth and spending, he got a club that can go on a spending spree if sold. They can use previous years' profits to cancel out some spending, and with the room for growth in revenues, they'll be able to pump money in immediately and over the next couple of years, and have that balanced out by the increases.

They'll no doubt get an enormous sponsorship deal from Incognito Ltd, Saudi Arabia too.

Which makes the club attractive for a buyer who wants to pump cash in.

Newcastle are being used as the vehicle to take the Saudi name to the ECL etc.  Means success on the pitch so the fans happy, but they are being used as a marketing tool by the Saudis playing catch up with their regional neighbours.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Which makes the club attractive for a buyer who wants to pump cash in.

Newcastle are being used as the vehicle to take the Saudi name to the ECL etc.  Means success on the pitch so the fans happy, but they are being used as a marketing tool by the Saudis playing catch up with their regional neighbours.

Exactly, I should have put this conclusion on the end.

He made sure he got his money by being thrifty and making the club attractive to buy for the elite rich.

I'm impressed TBH, he knows how to play a longer game than most does Ashley.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think this sums it up for most in this country.  

They have sold their souls and hope the clubs rot in deepest darkest hell.

Exactly , couldn't give a toss about Newcastle winning anything ! Hearts only  that's it , they could probably spend  5 billion at Newcastle and still win f...k all

Just imagine the jizz fest over on Sky Sports News on 'transfer deadline day'. It will be absolutely ****ing nauseating.

Are people supposed to be impressed that arabs who have **** all to do with England or indeed their clubs throw billions into their league and then offer silly money to overhyped players to try and sign them.

Bunch of *****.

Won't be too long before some of these 'English' clubs are playing a 'home' game or two, each season, in the far east.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just imagine the jizz fest over on Sky Sports News on 'transfer deadline day'. It will be absolutely ****ing nauseating.

Most top sides don't want to move assets in January so they'll have to pay way over the odds for players. Might also disrupt the dressing room with City level salaries playing alongside dudes on a tenth of their money.  

5 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I'm not a fan of what the EPL has become with all the artificial investment.  If it's going to happen to any club then Newcastle would probably be the place that the fan base would most appreciate it.  I used to be a massive fan of English and Champions League football but never watch it these days.  

I must admit that I feel exactly the same. The Saudi Arabian money is dripping with blood. It's disgraceful that the English and European football authorities are allowing this investment. If I were a Geordie I would never be back to St James's Park. Newcastle United have sold their soul to the devil.

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just realised Newcastle will also prostitute the naming rights of St James too.

NINTCHDBPICT000650978025.jpg

Sports direct was in the name for a while already IIRC, was it not SportsDirect @ St James or something for a while?

Maroon Sailor
38 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I must admit that I feel exactly the same. The Saudi Arabian money is dripping with blood. It's disgraceful that the English and European football authorities are allowing this investment. If I were a Geordie I would never be back to St James's Park. Newcastle United have sold their soul to the devil.

Nothing to do with Newcastle United and all to do with Mike Ashley

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sports direct was in the name for a while already IIRC, was it not SportsDirect @ St James or something for a while?

Surely the naming rights will go with Ashley though? So they pimp it out again.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah, just saying it's nothing new

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Depends if PIF/Amanda Shevely have been smart enough to include a clause in the sale to end the SD sponsorship deals that are probably worth next to zero to Newcastle, not checking things like that is what got the huns in bother with fat mike!

Unknown user
Just now, Ribble said:

Depends if PIF/Amanda Shevely have been smart enough to include a clause in the sale to end the SD sponsorship deals that are probably worth next to zero to Newcastle, not checking things like that is what got the huns in bother with fat mike!

Ashley kens not to **** with powers way bigger than him

Watt-Zeefuik

The Newcastle FoH equivalent may want to hang around. Being bought by fancy deep-pocketed off-shore folks can end up being a step towards fan ownership, if our experience can be extrapolated.

Kalamazoo Jambo
6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The Newcastle FoH equivalent may want to hang around. Being bought by fancy deep-pocketed off-shore folks can end up being a step towards fan ownership, if our experience can be extrapolated.

Don’t think it can be extrapolated though. This is basically (despite proclamations to the contrary) the Saudi state using a football team to sportswash itself. Their agenda is bigger than one man’s oversize ego, and their pockets are much, much deeper.

Edit: should add that the Newcastle United Supporters Trust seem happy enough with this turn of events, which is sad.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Don’t think it can be extrapolated though. This is basically (despite proclamations to the contrary) the Saudi state using a football team to sportswash itself. Their agenda is bigger than one man’s oversize ego, and their pockets are much, much deeper.

Fair point, but what happens if the crown prince gets called up on ICJ charges for Khashoggi's murder (or any of another hundred human rights violations) and the UK supports it? What if prominent Saudi family members get arrest warrants in the UK? And the family says, "right, that's enough, we're pulling our funding and dumping our assets" which, in order to make better negotiating tactics, they've been doing Glazer-like (or frankly Romanov***-like) asset strips on for years?

It's not the same situation of course, but I don't see this as the smooth ramp to indefinite financial bliss for NUFC.

*** PS: I know this is a minority opinion around here, and it's water under the bridge, but what Romanov was doing with Hearts was far more than ego and deranged glory-seeking, much as that was part of it. All of the giant stadium plans and 50 million valuations and the rest were not simple delusional fantasies. They were part of a smokescreen to argue that the club's market value at sale was much larger than it was, so that it could be leveraged for further borrowing. Particularly pre-2008, a football club (or any sports franchise) was a pretty decent target for artificially ballooning value and leveraged borrowing.

I don't bring this up to re-litigate the Vlad argument again, but because people with enough money to buy EPL clubs usually end up with that much money by finding a way to extract value out of anything they touch. Newcastle may enjoy decades of success on the backs of Arabian petrodollars, but it also may find itself used and tossed aside.

Shanks said no

If Newcastle fans can live with the blood soaked hands of their owners then they will eventually win something in their lifetimes. It will take a serious amount of money and some serious bending of the fair play rules. Calculations on the BBC estimated they could spend £200m without a breach but that may only get them 2-4 players, a team to rival the top 4 will cost £1billion plus. 

Mildly amused that the European elite won’t like the new kid on the block. 

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see ***** like Shearer being exposed as the hypocrites they are.

Campaigns against Super League, yet once he sees the pound signs in front of his eyes, everything is swept under carpet.

Also good to see the Newcastle lovers on this forum being so defensive. Blame Ashley for running club at profit, and happy to accept blood soaked cash as their right.

They used to be admired, became a joke, and now have reached disgusting.

9 hours ago, cheetah said:

Looking forward to the new Saudi restaurants in the toon. 

If you like your middle Eastern ap baik establishments you'll love Saudi food 

Fair play to Mike Ashley. Ran a profitable business and sold it for a shed load more than he bought it.

Also never executed any of his many naysayers, but that's irrelevant in the "we want to be successful" world of English  football

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

Spitonastranger
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Your not very clever are you, dumb, very dumb 

Just sent email to the new owners letting them know Barry Anderson has been highly critical of Saudi Arabia and the consortium, calling them a bunch of, and I quote, “pansies”. 

🤞 

SpruceBringsteen
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just sent email to the new owners letting them know Barry Anderson has been highly critical of Saudi Arabia and the consortium, calling them a bunch of, and I quote, “pansies”. 

🤞

:lol:

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

They’ll be renaming the local pubs too.

The Journalist’s Arms?

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤞

They should also be aware of the rumours being spread from Easter Road that their willies are all innies and their mums are slags.

Just a tip for any Newcastle fans, if you are one of many adopting the Saudi flag.

The flag has writing on it. But not just any writing. Holy Muslim words. You cannot dispose of the flag as that is effectively shitting and pissing on the Muslim religion. Actually far worse than that. Remember the cartoons of the prophet Muhammad (something you can't do basically). Disposing of the flag is worse than that.

But maybe the Saudis will happily take the shit they will get back home to appease the Geordies. 

On 07/10/2021 at 14:39, Malinga the Swinga said:

He ran it fine, just not the way their delusional supporters wanted.

They will accept club being millions in debt as long as it's not their money.

They'll accept any owners willing to fund their demands. Who cares who they are or what they do, as long as team gets new player.

They deserve nothing but contempt and misery.

Bloody hell.. bitter much ? Mackem ?

I am wholeheartedly against the takeover of Newcastle,  unless they want to give us £30million for Souttar and Beni 

Seriously though, I would love it, love it, if they won the EPL and showed it up for exactly what it is 

billybalfour

Always preferred Boro' of that trio although i don't really care about any of them.I am so excited about what we are doing that English football is really irrelevant to us.We are one of the top 20 supported clubs n the UK so let's just enjoy what we have.Money will never talk if you support us as we just aren't all about money.