Newcastle United

The Old Tolbooth

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I feel the same about how football has gone away from the working class.

I watch the Big Match Revisited on ITV 4 to remind me when it was a proper game with homegrown talent

Watch it myself MS, nae billy big baws players ( well maybe a couple) . I enjoy my days at the football, it’s a bit of ‘me’ time where I can let go the stresses of the week and immerse myself in watching the team I love. The price of having wealthy owners that buy success is that the club you love becoming unaffordable to the ordinary Joe.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Unknown user

20 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Time for them to build the Gallowgate like the other stand behind the goal. Don't think the can really do anything with the stand over from the main with the houses behind it would look class if all 4 sides were joined. 

Yeah don't think they can do much to the small east stand due to houses. Not sure how true it is but I lm lead to believe expanding the gallowgate end is difficult due to the metro station under it.

1 minute ago, Section N Rules said:

Yeah don't think they can do much to the small east stand due to houses. Not sure how true it is but I lm lead to believe expanding the gallowgate end is difficult due to the metro station under it.

Every time I'm down there that metro station car park is empty on non match days. There could be a lot of work done I'm not 100% sure but it would look amazing if they could get that Gallowgate stand expanded. 

The only issue is if there becomes tourists to the match like someone mentioned further up in the thread. Already pre covid a lot of folk going for a weekend or a night out to Newcastle would take in a game. I have been to St James and seen a stag from Blackpool all in Blackpool tops in the home end and that was against Brighton. I don't support Newcastle but I have been many of times on nights out with group of lads and not 1 supports Newcastle. 

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Feels a real monkeys paw type deal for Newcastle fans, they get rid of Ashley and get lots of money, but they are selling their soul for a state with a horrible human rights record to use them as a tool for PR to whitewash their human rights. Its the same with Man City and PSG but an even worse state owner.

I understand what you are saying in the human rights aspect of this but the guilt shouldn't come from fans who have sat in the same seat and supported their clubs for years.

Decades of enjoying going to watch their team shouldn't be taken away from them when they are powerless to do anything about it.

What can the fans do compared to those in power?   Fans shouldn't feel guilty because the authorities have let these people own clubs.  

Hagar the Horrible

If anybody thinks they have got rid of Mike Ashley, just ask Sevco, He could have called himself Mike Myers and had more lives.  He will turn up in a Keffiyeah and a fake beard.  I just hope the saudi's have read the small print otherwise there will be Toon Kaftans in Sports Direct.  He has no morals

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What would Terry and Bob say?

We don't want to know the score, we want to watch it on the telly later.

Hagar the Horrible

Will Morelos be the first signing?

I still maintain all things being equal, had we been in the premiership and both bid for the exact same player, same deal, we would win due to location location location

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If anybody thinks they have got rid of Mike Ashley, just ask Sevco, He could have called himself Mike Myers and had more lives.  He will turn up in a Keffiyeah and a fake beard.  I just hope the saudi's have read the small print otherwise there will be Toon Kaftans in Sports Direct.  He has no morals

And the Saudis have? Morals that is.

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

I get that they'll be desperate for success and silverware. But IMO doing it while spending billions along the way takes the shine off it completely for me. Newcastle fans are true football fans of a massive (in terms of size, fan base etc) club. Man City, PSG etc are just play things these days. Fake clubs with fake fanboi supporters. Newcastle are anything but. 

The biggest expense initially for the new owners will be infrastructure, outwith St James Park, Newcastle's infrastructure has barely been touched in decades so the big investment will need to be in the training ground, academy etc

16 minutes ago, Locky said:

Yeah the side with the Strawberry Corner is pretty condemned to ever improving. There's a listed building behind it I'm sure so no chance of expanding. The Gallowgate end I think could be expanded but I'm not sure if it could quite go the side of the other 2 stands. Think there's certain work arounds, but they all come with pretty high costs with no drastic improvement on capacity.

Do you mean the Leazes end?

I would not recommend it.  I once sat there in the back row and you'd need binoculars to identify the players.  Never again.

Malinga the Swinga

The Middle East states continue their proxy war with another new entrant.

Those proud Geordies, all cheering and happy, because their club benefitting from the latest murderous regime to buy a club.

Marvellous, what a great example the EPL is. Will they allow females in either  unaccompanied or with men who aren't their relatives?

Who cares as long as club gets new striker. Perhaps we could have pre match amputations and half time executions to keep the faithful happy.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

And the Saudis have? Morals that is.

Thats a debate and a half, who has the least morals?  Mad Mike or the Saudi's

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The Middle East states continue their proxy war with another new entrant.

Those proud Geordies, all cheering and happy, because their club benefitting from the latest murderous regime to buy a club.

Marvellous, what a great example the EPL is. Will they allow females in either  unaccompanied or with men who aren't their relatives?

Who cares as long as club gets new striker. Perhaps we could have pre match amputations and half time executions to keep the faithful happy.

Gilespie could get stoned....oh wait

John Findlay
Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

Thats a debate and a half, who has the least morals?  Mad Mike or the Saudi's

It would be one of those debates that is neverending.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I understand what you are saying in the human rights aspect of this but the guilt shouldn't come from fans who have sat in the same seat and supported their clubs for years.

Decades of enjoying going to watch their team shouldn't be taken away from them when they are powerless to do anything about it.

What can the fans do compared to those in power?   Fans shouldn't feel guilty because the authorities have let these people own clubs.  

They aren't powerless though, they could stop going but they won't because their so called love for Newcastle over rules sense of what is right and wrong.

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The biggest expense initially for the new owners will be infrastructure, outwith St James Park, Newcastle's infrastructure has barely been touched in decades so the big investment will need to be in the training ground, academy etc

That's the Man City template. Invest in everything. Also develop the youth system. 

They aren't powerless though, they could stop going but they won't because their so called love for Newcastle over rules sense of what is right and wrong.

They will lap up the Saudi PR social media machine.

They say, for example women have a good deal. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, John Findlay said:

It would be one of those debates that is neverending.

Ashley is a Saint compared to these guys. English football at top level is ****ing obscene. They would sacrifice their own kids for chance of signing a player or winning a cup.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's the Man City template. Invest in everything. Also develop the youth system. 

Man City have a complex they can alter to match the conditions they will be playing in, grass/plastic humidity or baltic, they could even do Alloa at a push

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's the youth system that produced Foden. One player. Their tactics are same as other state owned clubs, spend,spend, spend. 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Those proud Geordies, all cheering and happy

Better than being miserable under a owner who doesn't give a shit about their club or them but quite happy to take their money.

Malinga the Swinga

The quicker the EPL and others go to a franchise basis, the better. Those ****wits who cheer for Chelsea, Man Utd or others will see there club **** off to states in Asia, Middle East or USA as quickly as they can.

They will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Better than being miserable under a owner who doesn't give a shit about their club or them but quite happy to take their money.

Total myth. He has spent money, just not the inflated levels that these Geordies believe they are entitled to.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Total myth. He has spent money, just not the inflated levels that these Geordies believe they are entitled to.

I don't think he has spent money only money generated by the fans, TV money and outgoing transfers.

Could be wrong but he's definitely not bust the bank since he's been there and probably has never dipped in to his own pocket.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I don't think he has spent money only money generated by the fans, TV money and outgoing transfers.

Could be wrong but he's definitely not bust the bank since he's been there.

Is that not the way it should be ?

Maroon Sailor
Just now, happyjam said:

Is that not the way it should be ?

Try telling that to the top four

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They've made a profit the last 2 years, no doubt to give the new owners spending room

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

First singing Cammy Devlin 25M with a 30% sell on clause. 

Bruce will be the first to go. Might bring someone else in until the summer then that's when it will become silly will get in a new manager probs Jose from Roma and a blank cheque book. 

Antonio Conte still available, give him a blank cheque book and he wins leagues

Under the floodlight
55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What would Terry and Bob say?

They're still trying to avoid hearing the England result.

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Talking about myths

Every time I hear a Newcastle fan they all say the same thing. They just want to see their team compete and enjoy going to the matches again.

Ashley had no time for them, treat them with contempt.

Whatever anyone says about this takeover the fans didn't deserve 14 years of Ashley.

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

True, but they should not be ignorant to what this deal makes them. Look at Man City fans who will attack any journalist who criticises Abu Dhabi, even if it has nothing to do with football. Because the fans are feel tied to the owners, the belief if that any criticism of the state could impact the club. Thats ultimately what these owners want. 

42 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you mean the Leazes end?

I would not recommend it.  I once sat there in the back row and you'd need binoculars to identify the players.  Never again.

Nah the Leazes end is massive enough and fits with the side stand. The post I was referring to was on about the Gallowgate being redeveloped and mirroring the Leazes end. I think it could maybe be done, but wouldn't be without it's logistical issues.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Talking about myths

Every time I hear a Newcastle fan they all say the same thing. They just want to see their team compete and enjoy going to the matches again.

Ashley had no time for them, treat them with contempt.

Whatever anyone says about this takeover the fans didn't deserve 14 years of Ashley.

His crime is not backing the team financially as much as they wanted. 

Probably about 30 worse owners in the English leagues than him, some of them dangerously incompetent and/or corrupt. 

It's much much harder to defend Saudi Arabia. The evidence for example of torturing women activists. And that's before Yeman. 

But they are game. Chatting last night with people including one of Saudi PR accounts I got offered a 2 week visit to Saudi so I could see directly myself how great it is there. No expense spared in building the picture of how great they are (helped of course by being a UK ally).  

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

His crime is not backing the team financially as much as they wanted. 

Probably about 30 worse owners in the English leagues than him, some of them dangerously incompetent and/or corrupt. 

His crime was not being able to run a football club. 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Gave up on Chelsea then.

Sad times 😭😭😭

I've absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make? 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

His crime was not being able to run a football club. 

He ran it fine, just not the way their delusional supporters wanted.

They will accept club being millions in debt as long as it's not their money.

They'll accept any owners willing to fund their demands. Who cares who they are or what they do, as long as team gets new player.

They deserve nothing but contempt and misery.

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I guess this is the end of fan ownership?

They only wanted that until something bigger, not better, came along.

They are bang average club, supported by bang average fans.

Maroon Sailor

He ran it fine, just not the way their delusional supporters wanted.

They will accept club being millions in debt as long as it's not their money.

They'll accept any owners willing to fund their demands. Who cares who they are or what they do, as long as team gets new player.

They deserve nothing but contempt and misery.

He ran it that well there were people on this forum asking what is the point of Newcastle and how utter crap they were to watch.

You can't be a football fan

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

They only wanted that until something bigger, not better, came along.

They are bang average club, supported by bang average fans.

You seem bitter about Newcastle fans and the club.

Any reason why if that's the case ?

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

First signing will probably be Harry Kane

2nd signing will be his diving board