COP26

Japan Jambo

Salad Fingers
On 17/10/2021 at 17:24, 1971fozzy said:

Apparently On Thursday, it was announced all rail staff will strike from 00:01 on Monday 1 November until 23:59 on Friday 12 November.

This will affect anyone wishing to travel to Tynecastle by train for Dundee Utd game on 6th November 

Can't see that going ahead. They'll resolve it before Friday. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manaliveits105

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• highlandjambo3

Savage Vince
On 14/10/2021 at 13:55, Darren said:

You can choose to rent it out if you wish. A friend's neighbours in the New Gorbals are renting out their two-bedroom flat for a fortnight - for £17,000!

I like this. 😎

On 18/10/2021 at 20:23, Beni said:

Good news for anyone who has Greta Thunberg singing Rick Astley on their 2021 bingo card. 

Oh God love her...acting her age and enjoying herself although culturally 34 years out of date now 

manaliveits105

Nippoleon still trying to be relevant at COP26 I see 

Nicola Sturgeon has called for "credible action, not face-saving slogans" to come from next week's COP26 summit in Glasgow.

The talks have been billed as the "last best chance" to limit the rise in the earth's temperature to 1.5C.

In a speech ahead of the conference, the first minister said concrete action is needed to "keep 1.5 alive".

The UK government said the first minister would play an "important role" at COP26.

It has insisted the summit must "stick with the goal" of limiting temperature rises to 1.5C.

Ms Sturgeon said the conference can lead the world into a "green revolution" and that Scotland can act as a bridge between large and small nations.

And she said her government would set out details later this week about how it would "catch up" with its own emissions reduction targets, having "fallen short" of its last three annual milestones.:greggy:

She said: "Governments at all levels have a responsibility and Scotland is determined to play our full part.

In her speech to an audience of young people and students in Glasgow, the first minister called for a "significant uplift in ambition" from world leaders - particularly those of the "biggest emitting countries" - to act to limit global temperature increases and deliver a fair financial package for developing countries.

She said: "We take seriously the responsibility of all governments - at all levels - to show ambition, and to galvanise action. If we do that, we can all contribute towards a successful summit.

"I have said that small countries can lead the way in this, and they can, but in the coming days, it is the countries which emit the most, who most need to step up. They need to make ambitious pledges to achieve net zero. And those pledges must be backed by credible actions."

"The idea of 'keeping 1.5 alive', cannot simply be a face-saving slogan. It must be real. And there must be progress in Glasgow which makes that outcome more likely."

Ms Sturgeon also encouraged national governments to match the ambition of cities, regions and state governments, and she said her government would "help those around the negotiating table to hear from activists in the developed world and from the global South".

"Our ability to do that depends on our own climate credibility - Scotland cannot urge other countries to set and meet ambitious targets if we fail to do that ourselves."

Scotlands ain Greta so she is definettly 

joondalupjambo

Celtic at home on the 30th and then Rangers at home the following week on the 7th.  Good to see the SFA or the SPL or whoever it is responsible for fixtures being on top of things.  How hard would have been to organise two games away for Glasgow during this period.  The roads will be chaotic.

Good news for anyone who has Greta Thunberg singing Rick Astley on their 2021 bingo card. 

Bless, it's nice to see a young lassie just being a young lassie

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Celtic at home on the 30th and then Rangers at home the following week on the 7th.  Good to see the SFA or the SPL or whoever it is responsible for fixtures being on top of things.  How hard would have been to organise two games away for Glasgow during this period.  The roads will be chaotic.

Not great for the environment. 

manaliveits105

RAT 26 

whataboot Edinburgh though says the weegie Lord provost - it’s wurs 

purse pigs ear 

Captain Sausage

Anyone see the Glasgow councillor trying to justify the rat problem in Glasgow? There’s a video (unfortunately includes that bellend linesman too) which is probably the worst attempt at a political answer I’ve come across. A good watch regardless of your political persuasion.

Used to be one of the warm up songs at Tynie in the late 80's, thankfully it had an early slot and most were spared...

14 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Anyone see the Glasgow councillor trying to justify the rat problem in Glasgow? There’s a video (unfortunately includes that bellend linesman too) which is probably the worst attempt at a political answer I’ve come across. A good watch regardless of your political persuasion.

The state of the whole of Scotland is an absolute disgrace with regard to litter, and Glasgow is the crowning turd in the wastepipe. We must now be into the third or fourth generation of people who haven’t been taught by their parents that you don’t throw your litter on the street. It’s ironic in the extreme that a major conference on saving the planet is coming to a city and country whose “citizens” don’t even give a shit about their local environment. As you say, regardless of your political persuasion the whataboutery evident in the leader of Glasgow CC’s answer was pathetic.

I actually hope a lot of delegates to COP26 will make public reference to the absolute state of the place. It seems that public shaming is probably the only way councils and politicians will ever take any action. Under normal circumstances they’re quite happy for all of us to have to wade through the litterers’ shit every day. For them it’s a non-issue, but it’s actually a national scandal.

manaliveits105

Kay on BBC Scotland phone in this morning was desperate for people to phone in from other places and say how its as bad as the weeg 

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

6BDA3BE2-C3DB-4FDE-80D3-022740A15D6C.jpeg

Where did this information come from?  
Im not suggesting it’s fake but, that’s just a South East UK map,with some blue and red tags stuck on it.  

Also, you can dump raw (treated) sewage into the Sea if your at least 3 miles out from the coast.  

Im not sure what the definition of sewage/raw/treated is and, I’m not suggesting I agree with it but it appears to be yet another one of those issues flying under the radar (like those tiny plastic pellets in the seas all around us).  Ships have been doing this forever but it’s out of the public eye so no one it that bothered.  

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Im not suggesting it’s fake but, that’s just a South East UK map,with some blue and red tags stuck on it.  

Also, you can dump raw (treated) sewage into the Sea if your at least 3 miles out from the coast.  

Im not sure what the definition of sewage/raw/treated is and, I’m not suggesting I agree with it but it appears to be yet another one of those issues flying under the radar (like those tiny plastic pellets in the seas all around us).  Ships have been doing this forever but it’s out of the public eye so no one it that bothered.  

It’s the account I seen it on. You’ve heard of Feargal Sharkey? “A good heart these days is hard to find”😀🎶

Edited by jack D and coke
jack D and coke

It’s all over twitter how the govt has voted through this dumping of raw sewage as the water companies down south don’t have the chemicals to treat it. Possibly brexit related I’ve read. 
Id bet it goes on more than we know about but it’s apparently going straight into rivers atm too. 

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Edited by jack D and coke
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It's not fake and has been all over twitter for the last few days with numerous Tory MPs being outed for this (and not simply limited to Tories , 170 MPs abstained on the bill).

There's a shortage of the chemicals required to treat sewage (imported from the EU and was mentioned widely in the run up to brexit) so there's no option but to discharge it into not just the sea but also into rivers (and it is being discharged into rivers). Some beaches in Essex already have warning notices displayed telling people to stay out of the water due to the pollution.

Lots of comms & complaints flying in to BBC asking why this isn't being mentioned in the main news programmes. I've seen one tweet from a Tory MP justifiying  the dumping by saying they can't take the risk of raw sewage backing up into people houses without explaining why this could possibly happen. 

53 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's not fake and has been all over twitter for the last few days with numerous Tory MPs being outed for this (and not simply limited to Tories , 170 MPs abstained on the bill).

There's a shortage of the chemicals required to treat sewage (imported from the EU and was mentioned widely in the run up to brexit) so there's no option but to discharge it into not just the sea but also into rivers (and it is being discharged into rivers). Some beaches in Essex already have warning notices displayed telling people to stay out of the water due to the pollution.

Lots of comms & complaints flying in to BBC asking why this isn't being mentioned in the main news programmes. I've seen one tweet from a Tory MP justifiying  the dumping by saying they can't take the risk of raw sewage backing up into people houses without explaining why this could possibly happen. 

https://deframedia.blog.gov.uk/2021/09/08/regulatory-position-statement-on-wastewater-treatment/ 

From two months ago.  It looks like the "unavoidable delays " have struck. 

On Monday 6 September, the Environment Agency issued a Regulatory Position Statement (RPS) covering the use of one of the chemicals – ferric sulphate – which is used by water and sewerage companies to treat wastewater.

The purpose of the RPS is to minimise the impact on the environment should unavoidable delays in the delivery of ferric sulphate in the coming weeks due to a shortage of HGV drivers.

This very scenario & the potential impact was predicted in the goverments Yellowhammer report ...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/12/operation-yellowhammer-means-britains-clean-water-services-10728685/

Edited by NANOJAMBO
jack D and coke
7 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

65DCD0C7-4CBF-496D-9AC0-ED59277B8A05.jpeg

Savage Vince
On 25/10/2021 at 14:09, manaliveits105 said:

Irish Joe will be desperate to get to Darkheid to see ra tic 

It would be absolutely hilarious if he did, though. 😁

The Mighty Thor
37 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

UK Government have done a u turn on the raw sewage - good on them 

The house of Lords forced the criminal cabal into a u turn.

Johnson's sponsors will be raging.  

Raw Sewage!? Has Boris and his Cabinet gone swimming again? Dirty filthy pieces of shite. 

Folk slagging Glasgow who haven't been anywhere near it . 

Aberdeen and Dundee are full of rats. I haven't been in years, but it's full of rats. Edinburgh folk told me . They've no been either.