COP26

Japan Jambo

joondalupjambo

Celtic at home on the 30th and then Rangers at home the following week on the 7th.  Good to see the SFA or the SPL or whoever it is responsible for fixtures being on top of things.  How hard would have been to organise two games away for Glasgow during this period.  The roads will be chaotic.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manaliveits105

• Japan Jambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Seymour M Hersh

On 18/10/2021 at 20:23, Beni said:

Good news for anyone who has Greta Thunberg singing Rick Astley on their 2021 bingo card. 

Bless, it's nice to see a young lassie just being a young lassie

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Celtic at home on the 30th and then Rangers at home the following week on the 7th.  Good to see the SFA or the SPL or whoever it is responsible for fixtures being on top of things.  How hard would have been to organise two games away for Glasgow during this period.  The roads will be chaotic.

Not great for the environment. 

Captain Sausage

Anyone see the Glasgow councillor trying to justify the rat problem in Glasgow? There’s a video (unfortunately includes that bellend linesman too) which is probably the worst attempt at a political answer I’ve come across. A good watch regardless of your political persuasion.

On 18/10/2021 at 20:23, Beni said:

Good news for anyone who has Greta Thunberg singing Rick Astley on their 2021 bingo card. 

Used to be one of the warm up songs at Tynie in the late 80's, thankfully it had an early slot and most were spared...

14 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Anyone see the Glasgow councillor trying to justify the rat problem in Glasgow? There’s a video (unfortunately includes that bellend linesman too) which is probably the worst attempt at a political answer I’ve come across. A good watch regardless of your political persuasion.

The state of the whole of Scotland is an absolute disgrace with regard to litter, and Glasgow is the crowning turd in the wastepipe. We must now be into the third or fourth generation of people who haven’t been taught by their parents that you don’t throw your litter on the street. It’s ironic in the extreme that a major conference on saving the planet is coming to a city and country whose “citizens” don’t even give a shit about their local environment. As you say, regardless of your political persuasion the whataboutery evident in the leader of Glasgow CC’s answer was pathetic.

I actually hope a lot of delegates to COP26 will make public reference to the absolute state of the place. It seems that public shaming is probably the only way councils and politicians will ever take any action. Under normal circumstances they’re quite happy for all of us to have to wade through the litterers’ shit every day. For them it’s a non-issue, but it’s actually a national scandal.

manaliveits105

Kay on BBC Scotland phone in this morning was desperate for people to phone in from other places and say how its as bad as the weeg 

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

6BDA3BE2-C3DB-4FDE-80D3-022740A15D6C.jpeg

Where did this information come from?  
Im not suggesting it’s fake but, that’s just a South East UK map,with some blue and red tags stuck on it.  

Also, you can dump raw (treated) sewage into the Sea if your at least 3 miles out from the coast.  

Im not sure what the definition of sewage/raw/treated is and, I’m not suggesting I agree with it but it appears to be yet another one of those issues flying under the radar (like those tiny plastic pellets in the seas all around us).  Ships have been doing this forever but it’s out of the public eye so no one it that bothered.  

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Im not suggesting it’s fake but, that’s just a South East UK map,with some blue and red tags stuck on it.  

Also, you can dump raw (treated) sewage into the Sea if your at least 3 miles out from the coast.  

Im not sure what the definition of sewage/raw/treated is and, I’m not suggesting I agree with it but it appears to be yet another one of those issues flying under the radar (like those tiny plastic pellets in the seas all around us).  Ships have been doing this forever but it’s out of the public eye so no one it that bothered.  

It’s the account I seen it on. You’ve heard of Feargal Sharkey? “A good heart these days is hard to find”😀🎶

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke

It’s all over twitter how the govt has voted through this dumping of raw sewage as the water companies down south don’t have the chemicals to treat it. Possibly brexit related I’ve read. 
Id bet it goes on more than we know about but it’s apparently going straight into rivers atm too. 

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It's not fake and has been all over twitter for the last few days with numerous Tory MPs being outed for this (and not simply limited to Tories , 170 MPs abstained on the bill).

There's a shortage of the chemicals required to treat sewage (imported from the EU and was mentioned widely in the run up to brexit) so there's no option but to discharge it into not just the sea but also into rivers (and it is being discharged into rivers). Some beaches in Essex already have warning notices displayed telling people to stay out of the water due to the pollution.

Lots of comms & complaints flying in to BBC asking why this isn't being mentioned in the main news programmes. I've seen one tweet from a Tory MP justifiying  the dumping by saying they can't take the risk of raw sewage backing up into people houses without explaining why this could possibly happen. 

53 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's not fake and has been all over twitter for the last few days with numerous Tory MPs being outed for this (and not simply limited to Tories , 170 MPs abstained on the bill).

There's a shortage of the chemicals required to treat sewage (imported from the EU and was mentioned widely in the run up to brexit) so there's no option but to discharge it into not just the sea but also into rivers (and it is being discharged into rivers). Some beaches in Essex already have warning notices displayed telling people to stay out of the water due to the pollution.

Lots of comms & complaints flying in to BBC asking why this isn't being mentioned in the main news programmes. I've seen one tweet from a Tory MP justifiying  the dumping by saying they can't take the risk of raw sewage backing up into people houses without explaining why this could possibly happen. 

https://deframedia.blog.gov.uk/2021/09/08/regulatory-position-statement-on-wastewater-treatment/ 

From two months ago.  It looks like the "unavoidable delays " have struck. 

On Monday 6 September, the Environment Agency issued a Regulatory Position Statement (RPS) covering the use of one of the chemicals – ferric sulphate – which is used by water and sewerage companies to treat wastewater.

The purpose of the RPS is to minimise the impact on the environment should unavoidable delays in the delivery of ferric sulphate in the coming weeks due to a shortage of HGV drivers.

This very scenario & the potential impact was predicted in the goverments Yellowhammer report ...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/12/operation-yellowhammer-means-britains-clean-water-services-10728685/

Edited by NANOJAMBO

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

65DCD0C7-4CBF-496D-9AC0-ED59277B8A05.jpeg

On 25/10/2021 at 14:09, manaliveits105 said:

Irish Joe will be desperate to get to Darkheid to see ra tic 

It would be absolutely hilarious if he did, though. 😁

The Mighty Thor
37 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

UK Government have done a u turn on the raw sewage - good on them 

The house of Lords forced the criminal cabal into a u turn.

Johnson's sponsors will be raging.  

Folk slagging Glasgow who haven't been anywhere near it . 

Aberdeen and Dundee are full of rats. I haven't been in years, but it's full of rats. Edinburgh folk told me . They've no been either.

On 25/10/2021 at 14:56, Smithee said:

Bless, it's nice to see a young lassie just being a young lassie

Yes it was lovely to see. Horrible to see grown adults on twitter slagging her . People like Julie Hartley Brewer and the horrendous Darren Griimes 

20 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s the account I seen it on. You’ve heard of Feargal Sharkey? “A good heart these days is hard to find”😀🎶

I prefer the dirty version to that song.... :)

14 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nae Lizzie :berra:

I think she is on her way out .  Seems we are getting drip fed various ailments , cancellations etc in readiness for the big one 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Has Sturgeon glued herself to Greta yet ?

Greta will tell her to bolt 

image-23-10-21-06-55-9.gif

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Agent P and the express :lol: 

I've not idea who Agent P is, or that it's an article from The Express. I doubt most people would.

Those pictures though.  Embarrassing for Scotland. Or are you suggesting they're faked?

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, pablo said:

I've not idea who Agent P is, or that it's an article from The Express. I doubt most people would.

Those pictures though.  Embarrassing for Scotland. Or are you suggesting they're faked?

No not suggesting it’s faked you could probably find areas like that in most cities. Is voting for Annie Wells the answer? That simple? I don’t know it’s the express but looks like it and them and agent p give Scotland a fair crack eh. Look up the account and see if he’s tweeted about anything else for about 8 years. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Raw Sewage!? Has Boris and his Cabinet gone swimming again? Dirty filthy pieces of shite. 

Good to see the rhetoric has been toned down!! The appeal for a more considered approach following the recent killing of an MP clearly didn't last long...

Edited by Japan Jambo

highlandjambo3
24 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So next time I'm bursting on a shite and my wife or kids are hogging the bathroom, all I need to do is head down to Granton, commandeer a boat, and get three miles out before firing off a brown depth charge? How much are the mooring fees, again?

Although it appears I might have Feargal Sharkey on my case if I did. Perhaps he'd empathise more if I mentioned that a good toilet is hard to find?

Yup…that’s about it.  Though I suspect your Richard the Third would need some sort of treatment before being torpedoed into the sea. 

jack D and coke

Pretty funny when the Uncle Tam Broadcasting Corporation get someone on who’s not aware of the knock the shit out of everything Scotland mantra :lol: 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

So next time I'm bursting on a shite and my wife or kids are hogging the bathroom, all I need to do is head down to Granton, commandeer a boat, and get three miles out before firing off a brown depth charge? How much are the mooring fees, again?

Although it appears I might have Feargal Sharkey on my case if I did. Perhaps he'd empathise more if I mentioned that a good toilet is hard to find?

Is he your "perfect cousin"? 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, jonesy said:

Yes, but then I took a shite on his Subbuteo pitch.

Quite right. Sanctimonious twats need put in their place. 

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Pretty funny when the Uncle Tam Broadcasting Corporation get someone on who’s not aware of the knock the shit out of everything Scotland mantra :lol: 

So, a WHO expert comes on and says he's reassured with the testing/mitigations/etc being put in place but the BBC guy says "but there are two sides to this" and then goes onto mention protesters and that is batted away with "the Scots have done and are doing remarkably well with Covid".... 

The yoons will no' be happy about this. 

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Used to be pretty reasonable back in the day, I was a member of Corinthians at Granton Square and had a boat there for a while. But I believe that all changed after the flats went up.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Uncle Tam?

That's up there with @ri Alban's 'Hoose Jocks'.

Interesting that these racially-derived slurs aren't moderated on here.

I always get the feeling that the BBC Scotland journalists try to play devil's advocate/instigate hyperbole because they lack the journalistic skills to properly question their guests. It makes for very uncomfortable listening.

Racially derived?

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Uncle Tam?

I always get the feeling that the BBC Scotland journalists try to play devil's advocate/instigate hyperbole because they lack the journalistic skills to properly question their guests. It makes for very uncomfortable listening.

When the krankie, shortbread senate, haggis vouchers, freeeeddum etc stops I’ll reign in the uncle tam chat😉

If it’s all playground talk they want I’m more than happy to play along. 
There’s posters on here who have never once tried to make any point ever or try debate and just take the piss. They get all jaggy over that though so that’s lovely☺️

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Uncle Tam?

Behave.

Anyone who knows that phrase knows exactly what it means in a modern context : subservience.

And in the case of the BBC, it is well deserved. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

The BBC has plenty of problems - their editorial stance on Scottish independence just one of them, I'd imagine.

And, no - as we're living in an 'enlightened' age of hyper-awareness of the power of language to offend and denigrate (oftentimes on behalf of others), then the Irn-Bru-fuelled haggis munchers ( 😜 ) should be a little more inclusive than to borrow and modify a racially-charged slur.

Such a big response to a non issue. It's about subservience, no matter how much you persist in trying  to dress it up. 

jack D and coke
45 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So, a WHO expert comes on and says he's reassured with the testing/mitigations/etc being put in place but the BBC guy says "but there are two sides to this" and then goes onto mention protesters and that is batted away with "the Scots have done and are doing remarkably well with Covid".... 

The yoons will no' be happy about this. 

It’s amusing when they don’t realise they’re supposed to just batter everything here lol. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s amusing when they don’t realise they’re supposed to just batter everything here lol. 

I thought the BBC guy was funny in a crap debating kind of way when he said "there are two sides to this"  he was talking nonsense.  Nabarro didn't support the BBC position so the BBC shifted it's argument completely from the mitigations being taken at the COP summit by the attendees to the (possible) non masking wearing protestors in the public space. That's not two sides : that's two different issues altogether. 

But it is funny to see folk pearl clutching & trying to deflect over the Mods not removing "racially charged" comments when we're debating something entirely different. 

29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Comes from 'Uncle Tom', a slur used by black people in America against black people to criticise the mindset of those who sought a conciliatory or even subservient approach to pro-slave whites. 

Low-rent slagging by low-rent minds, IMO.

Ah ok, aye I'm with you. I don't really see it being that big a deal myself but I get you now

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I thought the BBC guy was funny in a crap debating kind of way when he said "there are two sides to this"  he was talking nonsense.  Nabarro didn't support the BBC position so the BBC shifted it's argument completely from the mitigations being taken at the COP summit by the attendees to the (possible) non masking wearing protestors in the public space. That's not two sides : that's two different issues altogether. 

But it is funny to see folk pearl clutching & trying to deflect over the Mods not removing "racially charged" comments when we're debating something entirely different. 

Yeah true mate. 
I won’t derail the thread anymore tho👍🏼

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah true mate. 
I won’t derail the thread anymore tho👍🏼

Leave it to the others. 😄