COP26

Japan Jambo

https://www.euronews.com/green/2021/10/06/cop26-organisers-are-pandering-to-the-rich-with-private-jet-guide

So while Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion are busy dreaming up new ways to prevent me from getting to work delegates are gearing up to jet in on private planes to discuss further measures they can impose on us all. Reminds me very much of Harry and Meghan preaching to us all before jetting off left, right and centre.

Will this hypocrisy ever stop?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manaliveits105

• Japan Jambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Seymour M Hersh

I heard an unverified story that Cop26 have spent thousands on electric cars to ferry delegate to and from the venue. Only trouble is where they are parked there are no electric chargers so they have hire a diesel generator to charge them! 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I heard an unverified story that Cop26 have spent thousands on electric cars to ferry delegate to and from the venue. Only trouble is where they are parked there are no electric chargers so they have hire a diesel generator to charge them! 

I don't know about that but the security bill will be massive. I've got a security guard license, never used, I've told the agency I won't be using it. They got in touch to offer ridiculous amounts to work at COP, I'm one of their best workers apparently.

10 week event, required to do 12 hour days, every day, meals and accommodation included.

At 11.21ph that's 940 a week before deductions, for 10 weeks. For as many security guards as they could put their hands on. And that's just what they're paying the agents, never mind what the agency's making.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

https://www.euronews.com/green/2021/10/06/cop26-organisers-are-pandering-to-the-rich-with-private-jet-guide

So while Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion are busy dreaming up new ways to prevent me from getting to work delegates are gearing up to jet in on private planes to discuss further measures they can impose on us all. Reminds me very much of Harry and Meghan preaching to us all before jetting off left, right and centre.

Will this hypocrisy ever stop?

Nope. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Beni said:

The post meeting communique will be along the lines of ⬇️ 

vrdic0lgw9q71.gif?format=png8&s=b228c3dc

Quite why any politician would give this troubled young person the time of day escapes me. Her latest rant about the UK being responsible for climate change because we had the temerity to be ingenious enough to have the industrial revolution which improved millions of lives etc etc etc just shows how troubled she is. Her parents need locking up for allowing/assisting this abuse to happen to her.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't know about that but the security bill will be massive. I've got a security guard license, never used, I've told the agency I won't be using it. They got in touch to offer ridiculous amounts to work at COP, I'm one of their best workers apparently.

10 week event, required to do 12 hour days, every day, meals and accommodation included.

At 11.21ph that's 940 a week before deductions, for 10 weeks. For as many security guards as they could put their hands on. And that's just what they're paying the agents, never mind what the agency's making.

Do you get to rough up protestors?

I'd be all over that, tbf, although I'd be torn on who I'd want to heckle more.

Slap up feed and a good night's sleep provided to recharge the batteries for your next round of ott manhandling of hemp-clad ket' heads.

Wouldn't even need paid.

:sweeet:

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Slap up feed and a good night's sleep provided to recharge the batteries for your next round of ott manhandling of hemp-clad ket' heads.

Wouldn't even need paid.

Any white personal who has or has ever had dreads is fair game I’d say. 
Agree? 

Edited by Tazio

2 hours ago, Beni said:

She's the equivalent of watching a primary school child tell you about healthy eating at a school assembly.

We're all watching but no-one is really listening.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wouldn't even need paid.

I think a degree of up roughing is to be expected, man cannot live on free food, board and a grand a week alone.

3 hours ago, Beni said:

yup, I've no doubt it will be exactly that. Seeing that speech from her though there was nothing constructive from her either - a lot of finger pointing and protesting but nada on the ideas front. Awfully easy to protest and finger point, much harder when the rubber hits the road. Given her passion she should stand for election and make a difference from within.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Any white personal who has or has ever had dreads is fair game I’d say. 
Agree? 

Come at me, Taz'.

Screenshot_20211007-144833_Facebook.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

only on for two weeks is it not

Governor Tarkin

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I think a degree of up roughing is to be expected, man cannot live on free food, board and a grand a week alone.

We find common ground at last, Smithee.

Governor Tarkin
54 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A good boot in the baws will sort your chakra out hippy boy. 

Can you still raise your foot that high?

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Can you still raise your foot that high?

Is that because you have incredibly small baws ? 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

only on for two weeks is it not

I just checked the email, didn't realise I got it so long ago. 23rd August to 4th November was the gig, 10 weeks. I guess all the extra was guarding the preparation or sites or something.

manaliveits105
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Quite why any politician would give this troubled young person the time of day escapes me. Her latest rant about the UK being responsible for climate change because we had the temerity to be ingenious enough to have the industrial revolution which improved millions of lives etc etc etc just shows how troubled she is. Her parents need locking up for allowing/assisting this abuse to happen to her.

:spoton:

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Is that because you have incredibly small baws ? 

Mind I tried to boot you in the sacks and stubbed my toe on your helmet before my foot was past knee height.

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

According to Reporting Scotland it’s actually called ‘Glasgow’s Cop26’.

Is that like "Steven Gerrard's" Rangers? 

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Cultural appropriating bar stewards!

Correct.

Worse than Al Jolson imo.

59 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That'd hamper the carefully woven narrative around her.

yup St Greta the un-elected spokesperson for climate change. Begs the question - who died and made her queen?

Captain Canada

I read a couple of days ago that there would be a rail strike at the time and potentially parts of the M8 being shut off to allow the 'important people' through without having to sit in traffic. 

There's a lot of chat about protests too and I think it will be a bit of a disaster from a PR perspective for Glasgow. 

And each month China builds a new coal fired power station which will emit more than the total UK emissions. Where's Greetin Thunderberg on that one?

This event and inevitable protests has the potential to bring central Scotland to a standstill. Absolute bonkers to bring something as big to Scotland!

Horatio Caine

Apparently both Biden and the Queen are staying in Edinburgh for this (who can blame them?) but it means the M8 may be closed for spells as they travel to and from the Weege. (Do these people not use helicopters?)

Could create roads carnage .  Fantastic.

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Apparently both Biden and the Queen are staying in Edinburgh for this (who can blame them?) but it means the M8 may be closed for spells as they travel to and from the Weege. (Do these people not use helicopters?)

Could create roads carnage .  Fantastic.

Hopefully together? That'd be quite the story....

Howdy Doody Jambo

More pish, how old is planet earth again? All because these mouthpieces want to control the weather , why can't they not just do this conference over zoom or whatever video call thingy and let everybody get on with their day's work rather than costing the tax payer millions, spewing out emissions flying around , all of the food and energy they consume could be distributed, to those really in need, the carbon footprint deficit they will accumulate for their attention seeking causing havoc and trouble as they go trying to justify their job's and big fat salaries 

What are these so called world leaders and public influencers trying to achieve in Glasgow? 

4 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

More pish, how old is planet earth again? All because these mouthpieces want to control the weather , why can't they not just do this conference over zoom or whatever video call thingy and let everybody get on with their day's work rather than costing the tax payer millions, spewing out emissions flying around , all of the food and energy they consume could be distributed, to those really in need, the carbon footprint deficit they will accumulate for their attention seeking causing havoc and trouble as they go trying to justify their job's and big fat salaries 

What are these so called world leaders and public influencers trying to achieve in Glasgow? 

Hopefully trying to make it liveable .

We have already made it unliveable for millions of the animal kingdom.

A travesty.

6 hours ago, robroy1874 said:

And each month China builds a new coal fired power station which will emit more than the total UK emissions. Where's Greetin Thunderberg on that one?

Still far less than the British every emitted. And would take a good few years to catch. Oh and per person, the UK and China are only 1 place apart in the top 20 list of ***** who poison the earth .

5 hours ago, His name is said:

This event and inevitable protests has the potential to bring central Scotland to a standstill. Absolute bonkers to bring something as big to Scotland!

Aw naw. Scotland is too wee. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Aw naw. Scotland is too wee. 

Having it in kid on Scotland’s capital is a disgrace.

😕

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Still far less than the British every emitted. And would take a good few years to catch. Oh and per person, the UK and China are only 1 place apart in the top 20 list of ***** who poison the earth .

Nah, not even close. 

Screenshot_20211009-072349~2.png

Howdy Doody Jambo
7 hours ago, Ked said:

A travesty.

Exactly you just have to ask Edinburgh clowncil why they have granted planning permission to house builder's for thousands of house's and flats in green belt land surrounding the city like the Cammo Estate beside Maybury Road wiping out masses of wildlife in the process while they could have regenerated areas and brown field site's within the city 

Why hasn't the world been "liveable" before today?

If the UKs output emissions is 1% globally Scotlands maybe a tenth of that, we are and have been making huge strides to readdress the issue in recent years however without the big gun's in China, India, USA etc then there is not much of a difference that can be made, changes will take many years not just a mad one in Glasgow for these gobshites 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Exactly you just have to ask Edinburgh clowncil why they have granted planning permission to house builder's for thousands of house's and flats in green belt land surrounding the city like the Cammo Estate beside Maybury Road wiping out masses of wildlife in the process while they could have regenerated areas and brown field site's within the city 

If the UKs output emissions is 1% globally Scotlands maybe a tenth of that, we are and have been making huge strides to readdress the issue in recent years however without the big gun's in China, India, USA etc then there is not much of a difference that can be made, changes will take many years not just a mad one in Glasgow for these gobshites 

The meeting is just another jolly boys/girls outing.

5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Having it in kid on Scotland’s capital is a disgrace.

😕

Assuming you're an adult, so is your offence at this trivial point. 

Hope the delegates to this planet-saving conference are fans of litter on an industrial scale. They’re going to see plenty of it.

14 hours ago, robroy1874 said:

Chinese President not coming to COP26 funnily enough.

2 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Still have to try mate.

The gobshites as you call them are the last hope.

Which is depressing.

Jamstomorrow
18 hours ago, Ked said:

A travesty.

Rodents are thriving in Glesga, according to reports!