Footballer attacks ref.

Beni

A Brazilian player took umbrage with the ref, decked him, and then kicked him when he was on the ground.

Attempted murder seems a bit OTT, but he could well do jail time, and will be lucky if he ever kicks a ball competitively again.

The video contains violence obviously, so if you're of a nervous disposition best not watch.

Spoiler

Edited by Beni

The Hogfather

I imagine it'll be quite difficult to prove he wasn't trying to cause him serious harm. He certainly shouldn't be allowed to kick a ball again in either case.

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I imagine it'll be quite difficult to prove he wasn't trying to cause him serious harm. He certainly shouldn't be allowed to kick a ball again in either case.

Difficult to prove, he stuck the boot right in the ref, looking at jail time i would imagine.

shocking way to carry on.

What a prick, booting the guy on the ground is total scum behaviour, ref could have died. Will definitely do jail time and should never be allowed to kick a ball again at any level once he’s out. 

Unmistakably unaccaptable but you wonder what the background to this is? Seems way over the top for it being a penalty decision in isolation.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Unmistakably unaccaptable but you wonder what the background to this is? Seems way over the top for it being a penalty decision in isolation.

He wrongly booked a player as well and give an incorrect handball, so a boot in the heed full force while on the ground and not expecting it was fully justified. 

In fact, kicking someone while on the deck-  while not expecting it is the best way, otherwise they may defend themselves and snap your leg. 

🤔

Ffs, it doesn't matter what the "background" is. 

😭

Edited by Smith's right boot

23 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Lucky he's not playing in Scotland.

Our refs would really get his dander up.

If he tried that with a Scottish ref it wouldn't be as bad as he'd miss their brains by about 3 feet!

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Cade said:

Brazil is a strange place.

Here's a ref waving a gun around.

Brazils mental. 

Extreme poverty v super rich. 

Bribery, racism, sexism and corruption are rife. 

A relegious far right nutter Leading them. 

Basically a tory or republicans wet dream. 

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😭

The player maybe just remembered that the last referee he assaulted got back up and started waving a gun about.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Baton wielding, riot-shield carrying police at a 6th tier match, plus an ambulance at the ready? Crikey! 😱

Aye. 

The seemed very well prepared for violence and casualties.... 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Brazil is a strange place.

Here's a ref waving a gun around.

Worth a look if only for Louise Prince.  :thumbsup:

Re. the original clip, it's obviously totally unacceptable from the player, who should definitely be gaoled and banned from football for life, but who amongst us hasn't at one time fantasised about someone (not a Hearts' player, of course) doing something similar to the likes of Hugh Dallas...  :whistling:

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Baton wielding, riot-shield carrying police at a 6th tier match, plus an ambulance at the ready? Crikey! 😱

Everything you need to know about the game there. Riot cops on the park 5 secs after the assault !

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

The player maybe just remembered that the last referee he assaulted got back up and started waving a gun about.

:clap::lol:

Fort Vallance
16 minutes ago, Boab said:

Everything you need to know about the game there. Riot cops on the park 5 secs after the assault !

There ? Seen that at Saughton Park.

I remember a report back in the 80s, an Edinburgh Sunday ref had to run for his life.

The player he had sent off earlier drove onto the park and tried to run him down.

Seen a few in mad moments in my playing and officiating days.

15 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Doesn't anyone have the clip of Pasquale Bruno chasing the ref ?

This one? The second one.

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga

Violence in Brazilian football is pretty much tolerated. The case of Bruno, the keeper arrested for the murder of his girlfriend in 2010 tells you all about the clubs and what they accept.

Several clubs wanted him to sign while he was serving time for murder and only fan protests stopped them.

If the player can do a job, then clubs happy to turn blind eye to behaviour.

Byyy The Light
47 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I remember a report back in the 80s, an Edinburgh Sunday ref had to run for his life.

The player he had sent off earlier drove onto the park and tried to run him down.

Think that was at Union Park at Carrick Knowe early 90s. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He wrongly booked a player as well and give an incorrect handball, so a boot in the heed full force while on the ground and not expecting it was fully justified. 

In fact, kicking someone while on the deck-  while not expecting it is the best way, otherwise they may defend themselves and snap your leg. 

🤔

😭

Ok smart arse.I meant maybe corruption knowing what it can be like in some of these countries, not in the game itself.Was there history between player and ref or club and ref? I did emphasise how it was unacceptable in any circumstance but hey thicko,you missed that didn't you.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Four faces said:

Ok smart arse.I meant maybe corruption knowing what it can be like in some of these countries, not in the game itself.Was there history between player and ref or club and ref? I did emphasise how it was unacceptable in any circumstance but hey thicko,you missed that didn't you.

Cool story.

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cool story.

You really need to give up poster.

Your history of irritating people is ridiculous.

Do get aroused by it? Genuine question.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

You really need to give up poster.

Your history of irritating people is ridiculous.

Do get aroused by it? Genuine question.

It's not genuine, it is irratating, trolling and passive aggressive. 

Ignore me or at least give up your trolling shite. 

bringonthesevco
15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Although if he was playing for Rangers , he’s probably only get a yellow card which would be rescinded on appeal …

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Four faces said:

Awe thanks :fing10:

In all seriousness you might have a point, you'd hope there was a history of sorts as that might explain the readiness of the riot police and ambulance, because if that's normal practice at that level of fixture...... 🙄

Benny Factor
15 hours ago, 1953 said:

If he tried that with a Scottish ref it wouldn't be as bad as he'd miss their brains by about 3 feet!

What brains?

15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

"Ach Craig....... you know what he's like".

***** of a player full on boots a referee in the back of the head and then proceeds to stand around doing the "haud me back" routine. 

Those Police that ran into the pitch should have battered the ever loving shite out of him with the riot shields, and ran him over with the ambulance. 

If he loses his temper like that over a refereeing decision, imagine what he does to his wife, kids, or anyone else that has the misfortune to live with him. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

In all seriousness you might have a point, you'd hope there was a history of sorts as that might explain the readiness of the riot police and ambulance, because if that's normal practice at that level of fixture...... 🙄

That was my original point.We are now on the same page.

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Brazils mental. 

Extreme poverty v super rich. 

Bribery, racism, sexism and corruption are rife. 

A relegious far right nutter Leading them. 

Basically a tory or republicans wet dream. 

Brazil is mental. 

A lot more mental than most people think. 

17 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I remember playing Maybury Sunday league early seventies at the Jack Kane. Our game had stopped for an injury or the like. I turned round and caught this guy running clean through on the next pitch. The goalie came out and absolutely cemented him. Ref gave a penalty but before it could be taken a huge battle started. The said goalie ran to the corner, picked up a flag and ran back into the conflict. Both teams were battling. All the games around about stopped to watch. At the next league meeting a few were banned for years. The Good Old Days 🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not genuine, it is irratating, trolling and passive aggressive. 

Ignore me or at least give up your trolling shite. 

I'm trolling??

Your the zoomer that constantly getting on people's tits.

You've been on my ignore list for years, unfortunately I still end seeing your pish when others quote you.

I reckon your on more ignore lists than any other poster.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I'm trolling??

Your the zoomer that constantly getting on people's tits.

You've been on my ignore list for years, unfortunately I still end seeing your pish when others quote you.

I reckon your on more ignore lists than any other poster.

Cool story. 

Awe naw, I'm on ignore from random Internet bams. 

08058550adb0d92ddf79aa0683658f0a.jpg