Favourite Dance

rudi must stay

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Plays havoc with the old back these days though :laugh:

The answer to your back troubles is The Slosh.

For me the best dance of all time has to be "The Harold".

This was developed and pioneered by Derek Dick aka Fish former Marillion frontman and is easily his best and most important work.

JudyJudyJudy

The shag is also a great dance 

The twist too 

The waltz 

The tango

The continental 

8B9C5741-3ACB-405C-B09C-5C412F54801E.gif

JudyJudyJudy
37 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They were a great comedy duo . Beautiful chemistry between them . Great friends offscreen snd Stan was inconsolable when Ollie died . 

JudyJudyJudy

Fantastic dance scene from “ west side story. “ Rita moreno is still

kicking and dancing about .

Won the Raunchiest Lambada with a lassie I fancied at my high school prom.

She did all the work. Collected our bottle of wine prize, walked off the dance floor and snogged her date. I was left with a broken heart and a semi that wouldn't go away for the next hour.

I'm now unfortunately known at my work for the Hucklebuck. I mentioned it at a works do 8 years ago and was then made to teach everyone.

Every night out since some prick puts that music on and surprise surprise I get dragged up.

Ended up with some rumpy pumpy after one xmas night of doing the Hucklebuck so can't complain too much about it I suppose.

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Clicked in thinking this was going to be a 'memoirs from the western bar' type thread' 

Is that you, Anne-Marie?

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Won the Raunchiest Lambada with a lassie I fancied at my high school prom.

She did all the work. Collected our bottle of wine prize, walked off the dance floor and snogged her date. I was left with a broken heart and a semi that wouldn't go away for the next hour.

I'm now unfortunately known at my work for the Hucklebuck. I mentioned it at a works do 8 years ago and was then made to teach everyone.

Every night out since some prick puts that music on and surprise surprise I get dragged up.

Ended up with some rumpy pumpy after one xmas night of doing the Hucklebuck so can't complain too much about it I suppose.

Lol lol 😂 at family doos when  “YMCA” comes on guess who always get dragged up !   

I’ve actually won a few dancing competitions . One on an staff Xmas night out to “ staying alive “ 😂

My favourite song to dance to is Chuck Berry “ You never can tell “  with all the “ pulp fiction “ dance moves . 
😎

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I raise you

Not a lot of people know that Christopher Walken  started out as a Broadway dancer . He’s superb . Surprised he didn’t make any musicals . 

JudyJudyJudy

Or that Steve Martin is a great song dance man as  well as outstanding comic actor .

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not a lot of people know that Christopher Walken  started out as a Broadway dancer . He’s superb . Surprised he didn’t make any musicals . 

He was in Pennies From Heaven but there weren’t a lot of good musicals being made at the time and he’d been spotted as a great actor as well as a dancer. 

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

He was in one of the versions of Hairspray.  

Edited by Sydney

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

He was in Pennies From Heaven but there weren’t a lot of good musicals being made at the time and he’d been spotted as a great actor as well as a dancer. 

3 hours ago, Sydney said:

He was in one of the versions of Hairspray.  

Oh yes so he was. Just thought he would have been in more ! Mind you musicals have come and gone out of fashion . I’ve never seen the newer version of “ Hairspray “ only saw the fabulous Divine version . But this version looks great . That’s a great routine with walken and travolta “ Pennies from Heaven “ Is superb . I’ve saw Bernadette Peters in concert . She was terrific 

Edited by JamesM48

Auld Reekin'
18 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol lol 😂 at family doos when  “YMCA” comes on guess who always get dragged up !   

I’ve actually won a few dancing competitions . One on an staff Xmas night out to “ staying alive “ 😂

My favourite song to dance to is Chuck Berry “ You never can tell “  with all the “ pulp fiction “ dance moves . 
😎

I, for one, am shocked...   :kirk:

New avatar :asiancat:   The League Of Gentlemen characters - British Comedy Guide

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I, for one, am shocked...   :kirk:

New avatar :asiancat:   The League Of Gentlemen characters - British Comedy Guide

😂😂

F93E784D-8B59-4D25-91A0-2EECEA119E56.gif

On 06/10/2021 at 19:16, JamesM48 said:

Oh yes so he was. Just thought he would have been in more ! Mind you musicals have come and gone out of fashion . I’ve never seen the newer version of “ Hairspray “ only saw the fabulous Divine version . But this version looks great . That’s a great routine with walken and travolta “ Pennies from Heaven “ Is superb . I’ve saw Bernadette Peters in concert . She was terrific 

The version of Hairspray with Walken, Michelle Pfieffer, Travolta, Queen Latifah, Zac Efron et al is excellent.  By far my favourite version.

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, Sydney said:

The version of Hairspray with Walken, Michelle Pfieffer, Travolta, Queen Latifah, Zac Efron et al is excellent.  By far my favourite version.

Yes I’ll need to watch it . I’ve lost some gay brownie points by not having that 😂😂 the shame