Memories

Morgan

Good ones, bad ones, embarrassing ones, secret ones...

Memories that you think about a lot but wouldn’t tell a soul.  Not even your wife.  Not even your best mate. No one.

Obviously, you therefore wouldn’t post them on the internet.

But..

How many of these wee gems do you keep under your hat?

I have four.

That’s easy 

The one person who I regret not working things out with when I was younger….

I always think of her and wonder whether what if but the 6 months back in the early 90s was nothing but very very happy days. 

Yes but not that I could place a number on. 

Another reason to fear dementia, the possibility of saying things as your inhibitions potentially slip. 

Good =John Robertson sending me a video call wishing me a happy birthday.

bad = 86.

embarrassing = to embarrassed to say.

secret = not telling 😉

Edited by One five

10 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

That’s easy 

The one person who I regret not working things out with when I was younger….

I always think of her and wonder whether what if but the 6 months back in the early 90s was nothing but very very happy days. 

Sorta going through that myself atm. Spent the last few months seeing the most amazing girl and I've let my own issues take over and push her away. She says no going back for now but all I can do is try I guess.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I have so many memories that I will take to the grave, that only I will know.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I have so many memories that I will take to the grave, that only I will know.

Are you Peter Tobin 😂

John Findlay
57 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Are you Peter Tobin 😂

Funny you should say that, but back at the start of the 90s I lived about a mile and a half from him down in Hampshire.

28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Funny you should say that, but back at the start of the 90s I lived about a mile and a half from him down in Hampshire.

Really - I bet he has a lot of secrets no one will ever find out .Horrible 

JudyJudyJudy

“ memories are meant to fade they are made that way “ “ 

love that line from a film 

some snapshots

One time Years ago I was on a train heading to London . I sat opposite a guy . Anyway we started chatting and the conversation just flowed and flowed . It was mainly about films but it was so memorable as we liked the same films ( always helpful ) . Anyway turned out he had a well known dad too . I didn’t know if he was gay or straight but he was quite dishy but also very interesting . It was pre Internet so didn’t ask for Facebook name ( I wouldn’t today anyway ) and didn’t want to be seen as creepy either . So we left each other on the platform in London . I suppose if it had been a guy Chatting to a girl it might have seemed less odd to ask for telephone number?  Anyway it was a lovely innocent moment in time 

A sadder memory was when I worked In a pub and used to chat to a guy who came in all the time . He was a Hibbie . But we had great banter . Used to enjoy it . I haven’t seen him for a while then I got the shock of my life reading the evening news . He got murdered by a jealous ex boy friend of his girl friend . I was shocked . I knew that he lived in Torness and was going to write a short note to his parents just pass on my condolences as he seemed such a nice guy . I regret not writing that note . I know what’s it’s like to someone close in this way . Poor guy .

Various memories of nights out , getting pissed and the like with good friends ,

Various great meals out especially in Spain one night when the meal was outstanding . 

Hogmanay 1999 on a balcony with an ex celebrating the millennium and waiting for the big crash which didn’t happen . Drinking champagne . 

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

In my top 3 films.

Was reminiscing with my best mate at the weekend about some great international trips. no really silly stuff but some great times over a real intense period of about 5years quite, a few things that we'll keep to ourselves. 

Was a bit sad when he said it would never be the same if we started doing them again now. 

John Findlay
45 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Really - I bet he has a lot of secrets no one will ever find out .Horrible 

Without shadow of a doubt.