Password Protected Imac/IPhone

Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back

Sadly last week we lost my brother in law suddenly at the age of 55. He was single and my wife’s the only surviving member of the family.

We live in a digital age but all of his photos etc are sat behind a password/passcode protected Imac/IPhone.

For obvious reasons my wife wants access but for obvious reasons Apple can’t help.

Has anyone experienced similar and found a solution?

Dagger Is Back
8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't have any Apple devices, but try this video.

Thanks FF. Will have a look at that. It’s easy enough to reset a device but it’s keeping  data that’s important 

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Does he not have the photos backed up to iCloud?

We don’t know to be honest. We don’t know his I tunes password. Apparently you can though ask Apple to transfer the Apple ID to the surviving relative and access ICloud content that way but there’s a bit of a legal process involved. 

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Thanks FF. Will have a look at that. It’s easy enough to reset a device but it’s keeping  data that’s important 

We don’t know to be honest. We don’t know his I tunes password. Apparently you can though ask Apple to transfer the Apple ID to the surviving relative and access ICloud content that way but there’s a bit of a legal process involved. 

Similar story on rip off Britain right now, BBC 1

53 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Similar story on rip off Britain right now, BBC 1

Yes my aunt just messaged me as they are watching it to say could she nominate me for her FB account and they are setting up Apple Digital Legacy once on IOS15 - cost someone £900 in legal fees 😱

It was a cheery conversation for a Monday 🤣