Q&A With Joe Savage

TurboT

Anyone know what team JS supports?  Going by that it aint one of the arse cheeks but I only skimemd through it all.

That Cummings story really is delightful 😊.     Thanks for summarising the q&a,   he talks so well and is a huge reason why we can be confident that we have finally turned the corner after several crap years.   Loving his confidence too 👍

jamboinglasgow

I did find it really interesting that their view is that they would prefer a reserve league over sending players out on loan. Its mad there is no reserve league.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone know what team JS supports?  Going by that it aint one of the arse cheeks but I only skimemd through it all.

Motherwell as a youngster a believe

Naisys Tackle
On 01/10/2021 at 16:32, The Old Tolbooth said:

Throwing Cummings a tin of beans, that's absolute gold!!! :rofl: :rofl: 

****ing yassss 🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I did find it really interesting that their view is that they would prefer a reserve league over sending players out on loan. Its mad there is no reserve league.

Utterly ridiculous. Tinpot. 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Motherwell as a youngster a believe

It really shouldn't matter what team he supports but I am pleased by this.  No matter what anyone says, the Old Firm mentality and outlook is toxic and there is enough of it in our game as it is.

I didn't know that he had played a key role in relegating Hibs.  Icing on the cake that is.

Some of my former pals on .net like Boston will be raging and seething.  May even extend to tears and snotters.

Cheers for that. I like Joe very much. Defo need to get a team in the Lowland league if there's no reserve league for the foreseeable. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Cheers for that. I like Joe very much. Defo need to get a team in the Lowland league if there's no reserve league for the foreseeable. 

Think I would prefer that tbh…..Reserve matches are a bit of a kick about….at least the Lowland League would be competitive most weeks.

Although the risk of injuries is probably higher.

Bazzas right boot

Great stuff. 

Like the answers as well. 

However, how clever did he look?. That is what we need to know 

Pasquale for King

Love the winners attitude he has. He’s right about heading and it will surely be phased out in the next few years. 
Cummings 😆

Thanks for posting this, @TurboT.

I'm usually a cynical old bar steward but I have to say that I liked Joe's answers a great deal. Ambitious but with his feet on the ground.

One question though - if 5 teams wanted to set up a reserve league, why didn't we just go ahead and set up a "league" with those teams, playing each other in regular friendlies with an unofficial table? Also, why haven't we applied to have our "colts" play in one of the lower leagues yet? It's no use complaining about it, we have to get out there and make something happen.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Thanks for posting this, @TurboT.

I'm usually a cynical old bar steward but I have to say that I liked Joe's answers a great deal. Ambitious but with his feet on the ground.

One question though - if 5 teams wanted to set up a reserve league, why didn't we just go ahead and set up a "league" with those teams, playing each other in regular friendlies with an unofficial table? Also, why haven't we applied to have our "colts" play in one of the lower leagues yet? It's no use complaining about it, we have to get out there and make something happen.

From listening to Joe, I got the impression that we may be looking into trying to get our Colts into the lower leagues.  Certainly he wants to do something different 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great stuff. 

Like the answers as well. 

However, how clever did he look?. That is what we need to know 

You naughty boy!!!

The Apprentice

No fluff or bullshit around his answers, straight to the point and really refreshing to hear. Clearly winning the league is a long shot but why not have the attitude that we CAN do it. What’s the point otherwise?

Anything to stop us trying for a Lowland league team and maybe a team in the juniors too? The East juniors, assuming it is still a thing must have lost lots of teams. Might be good level for the younger players. 

The Treasurer

Only thing I wasn't to happy about was that Liverpool dictate that Woodburn HAS to play. 

Deserves his place just now but what if he has a dip in form 

14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Only thing I wasn't to happy about was that Liverpool dictate that Woodburn HAS to play. 

We came to an arrangement so we don't have play him every game.

34 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Yeah I think that's why Klopp went cold on the deal initially.

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

37 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

As he gets subbed most weeks, it seems like the arrangement is he doesn't need to play the full 90  minutes.

I still don't like the idea that someone other than our management team dictates any part of our team

13 hours ago, TurboT said:

From listening to Joe, I got the impression that we may be looking into trying to get our Colts into the lower leagues.  Certainly he wants to do something different 

:thumb:

SectionDJambo

It looked to me that Hearts were trying to manage Ben Woodburn's match fitness during the early games. He was seen rubbing his calf muscles shortly before he came off against Hibs. Maybe just no risks being taken.  A pulled calf muscle can take a while to repair.

Interesting, the suggestion that Liverpool wanted him playing every week, although that has been corrected. Makes you wonder if the Manchester United "goalkeeper" we had was indeed playing because it was part of the arrangement. He did get dropped eventually though.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

That’s not how I read it. Could @TurboT clarify?

On 01/10/2021 at 13:49, TurboT said:

When I cam to Hearts I didn’t realise just how big the club is and how fanatical the fans are which is brilliant and my aim is to win the league and I firmly believe we are capable of winning the league

Horny. 

12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s not how I read it. Could @TurboT clarify?

Hi Dave

Checked my notes and similar to what @Johnking123 said above, Liverpool tried to insist that he plays every week but instead we came to an arrangement with Liverpool.  Savage didn't expand on what that arrangement was. 

• 1 month later...

Was at a work event at Tynecastle last night. 
Joe Savage was there and I had the pleasure of speaking to him, a very likeable guy, very honest and open.

He also did a presentation to everyone along with George Brown who is his lead data analyst around the importance of data and tech in football and the detail they use when scouting players. 
Could listen to them for hours.

I am confident we are in very very good hands with Joe and his team. Will they get every transfer right? No, of course not and they will happily admit that. 
Will they waste money on players that don’t fit like Whelan, Perriera and Oshinawa based on reputation and CV? Absolutely not.

The longer Joe is with us the better in my opinion

1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

Was at a work event at Tynecastle last night. 
Joe Savage was there and I had the pleasure of speaking to him, a very likeable guy, very honest and open.

He also did a presentation to everyone along with George Brown who is his lead data analyst around the importance of data and tech in football and the detail they use when scouting players. 
Could listen to them for hours.

I am confident we are in very very good hands with Joe and his team. Will they get every transfer right? No, of course not and they will happily admit that. 
Will they waste money on players that don’t fit like Whelan, Perriera and Oshinawa based on reputation and CV? Absolutely not.

The longer Joe is with us the better in my opinion

Was mentioned at tonight’s HMSA dinner by Ann. Hopefully get them along at some point. 

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was mentioned at tonight’s HMSA dinner by Ann. Hopefully get them along at some point. 

Was anything interesting said by Ann?

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was anything interesting said by Ann?

Not much new stuff from my perspective but hopefully @TurboT will publish some minutes over the next few days. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not much new stuff from my perspective but hopefully @TurboT will publish some minutes over the next few days. 

no worries. I know it was a massive effort from all parties but would love to have the kickback Q&As with people at the club again.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

no worries. I know it was a massive effort from all parties but would love to have the kickback Q&As with people at the club again.

They got a rather mixed reception. 😄

14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Work got in the way this morning but I'll look to get them typed up this afternoon and get them added to kick back at around dinner time