JKB Hearts Shares transferred to FoH - now complete!!

davemclaren

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

... says the person who thinks that a momento is a memento. 😉

Well spotted, feel good, great! Watch that tank with my spelling!

6 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

You are aware the club cannot be sold without a supermajority vote and no monies are released from the FoH side to members? So 1) as I said many times before the bankrupt 'shares' have been treated very very leniently as they should not actually exist and 2) FoH is set up for stalemate re major changes......only a sale of last resort would be likely, and by then you'd presumably be back at square 1 i.e. bust!

Yes, I know the odd bit about FOH's governance. :2thumbsup:

1) Why not, as that's what happens to companies in administration? Share values can go up as well as down.

2) Not necessarily. Although there is a risk of stalemate as you describe it if a sufficient number of members disagree with a major change proposed by the FOH Board, there remain a number of scenarios where FOH could or perhaps should sell some or all of the shares.

Feel free to lobby the UK government to re-write the laws on insolvency though.

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Been to one, it was like an old mans club.......then again a smart 'guy' like you knows that.

If you get your kicks from a talking shop, well done!

I see the shareholder certificate like my plot holder certificate, a nice momento. That's it!

If the dinner can raise anything the FoH can't I'd be most surprised!

Don't choke on your starter, but feel good about being there, well done again!

???? I thought the shed was the place for meaningless arguments. I have got absolutely no idea why people attending a dinner gets you so worked up. 

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

If it makes you feel better, I'm included!

I am old by most standards  but plead guilty to ageism! Old dodgers one of my most common insults. Not in person of course!

2 hours ago, billybalfour said:

I don't think one person who attends the dinners think they can influence anything.It is a decent evening where funds are raised for the club and speakers are usually Hearts orientated.Joe Savage this Thursday and it is quite interesting to get the point of view of people who are or have been involved with the club.The committee do a good job organising all this and it is all  to easy for smart arses like you to criticise.Much ,much more is raised for the club at these dinners than you will ever have contributed.I suggest you get yourself an invite along to one if you aren't a shareholder to see what they are all about.

You would soon see that not all fans are keyboard warriors and actually like to bring up their points face to face.

That's where I am at, I don't think I can influence anything but enjoy the meetings. £15 for a decent 2 course meal with tea and coffee and interesting and varied speakers.  

3 minutes ago, TurboT said:

That's where I am at, I don't think I can influence anything but enjoy the meetings. £15 for a decent 2 course meal with tea and coffee and interesting and varied speakers.  

…and great company. 😎

Carl Fredrickson

Well done on the share transfer. As for the the Shareholders meetings, I cant believe anyone can get worked up about folk wanting to gather and talk/hear about Hearts over a meal. 

Sounds like a great night out to me but then again I am not getting any younger.

If JKB has retained shares in the club, would the admin consider making attendance at the shareholder dinners one of the things they held a ballot for? If there is a cost to attending the winning JKB member could always be required to pay that.

Potentially also ballot attendance at the AGM for any interested members. There might be JKB members who don't have shares who would be interested in attending a club AGM to see how it works and listen to what is said.

Maybe there are reasons neither of those would work, especially if the shares are held by an individual on behalf of JKB. Or maybe the board admin have enough on their hands already. To be fair the benefits of being a subscribed member of JKB are already very good.

Breaking news …. HMSA seeks larger dining hall to accommodate thousands of FOH Members who wish to attend HMSA dinner parties …

NB Warning:- this might be fake news 😉 

• 3 months later...
On 28/09/2021 at 22:01, davemclaren said:

A few years back we had a ‘consultation’ on the forum regarding the 300,000 Hearts shares that JKB members bought as part of a group fundraising initiative to try and help keep the club going during the final year of Vlad’s ownership.

The consensus at that time looked to be in favour of transferring them to FoH. 

We took a decision that we would hold off on any transfer until FoH actually owned the club. We also took on board the comments that we should retain an amount of shares so that we could send a representative to AGMs if ever thought necessary, though we have never done that as yet. 

I can now confirm that we have just recently transferred 290,000 of the JKB owned shares to the Foundation thus retaining 10,000 shares in the name of jkb. 

So, just over a year later I can finally confirm that the share transfer has now completed. I know this because I received the share certificate for 10,000 shares this morning. 😎

FoH now holds an additional 290,000 shares bought by the members of JKb to help save the club.

I like to think that the money raised, due to the generosity of members, helped keep the club going until the end of that most scariest of seasons and wasn’t spent on Russian submarines. 

Even arseholes can help save their club. 🇱🇻

• davemclaren changed the title to JKB Hearts Shares transferred to FoH - now complete!!
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So, just over a year later I can finally confirm that the share transfer has now completed. I know this because I received the share certificate for 10,000 shares this morning. 😎

FoH now holds an additional 290,000 shares bought by the members of JKb to help save the club.

I like to think that the money raised, due to the generosity of members, helped keep the club going until the end of that most scariest of seasons and wasn’t spent on Russian submarines. 

Sevco take note. 

It's historic.  We didn't let our club die.  

They did.

And they will own that forever.

Ant the Glasgow authorities and the west coast media know it.

And through far more thin than thick, FoH has just got stronger.

What a story.

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Well done to those involved in saving club and ensuring an unbroken history for Heart of Midlothian.

If only Rangers fans had been willing to do the same, they could still claim the titles and history from their once proud but now dead club.

lost in space

Let's also remember what Ann Budge has done too, to save OUR club.

She has made mistakes but she saved the club and I will always be grateful to her.

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

She has made mistakes but she saved the club and I will always be grateful to her.

image.png.a81da77508f2cc3b89feca5c6ba71f59.png

On 07/01/2022 at 17:34, lost in space said:

👍👍👍

Independence
On 07/01/2022 at 17:34, lost in space said:

👏👏👏