The North Water

Ked

I watched it last week and mentioned it in the recommend a TV thingy thread.  The book's supposed to be very good too.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Class.

Seems to have went under the radar.

Anyone else watched it?

Currently watching it . Start episode 3 tomorrow . No spoilers please ! But it’s very good 👍 

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Class.

Seems to have went under the radar.

Anyone else watched it?

Ps yes how did it go under the radar ? With the talented cast of actors ? 

Not watched it yet but did read the book. Thoroughly enjoyed the book and it did remind me of parts of Dan Simmons' The Terror but without any of the supernatural stuff. Looking forward to watching it.

joondalupjambo

Watched it but thought that loads of the scenes were in the dark.  In buildings, boats, houses, huts, warehouses etc.  I was reaching for the remote every two minutes to see if I could turn the brightness up😀  Brutal scenes with the whales and seal clubbing but those things happened and are still happening in some parts of the world today.

51 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Watched it but thought that loads of the scenes were in the dark.  In buildings, boats, houses, huts, warehouses etc.  I was reaching for the remote every two minutes to see if I could turn the brightness up😀  Brutal scenes with the whales and seal clubbing but those things happened and are still happening in some parts of the world today.

You probably wouldn't want to be seeing a fair amount of the stuff Drax gets up to with the lights on...   :ermm:  :o  :scared:

18 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Ps yes how did it go under the radar ? With the talented cast of actors ? 

Because its on BBC2?

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Because its on BBC2?

I don’t know which channel it was on ? Just surprised like others it went under the radar 

I finished it . It was excellent . Great acting and Also brilliant scenery too . A lot was filmed in north Norway 

4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Saw the first episode, not sure her indoors is convinced! Still damaged by how crap Vigil was.

Yes “ Vigil “ was pile of 💩 watched up to episode 3 then patched it